PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to MacGuy?

TATE
08-10-2017, 09:15 PM
Does anybody know Macguy, or what happened to him? He knew his stuff about pool and I didn't think he was likely to just disappear. He was from Florida and went by Popcorn on another forum. He did cue repairs and so forth, formerly owned a pool room too.

Nick B
08-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Does anybody know Macguy, or what happened to him? He knew his stuff about pool and I didn't think he was likely to just disappear. He was from Florida and went by Popcorn on another forum. He did cue repairs and so forth, formerly owned a pool room too.

I enjoyed his posts as well. Knew his stuff. Many good ones have departed...

Cardigan Kid
08-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Tramp Steamer's last post was March 2017....
I remember his health wasn't doing so well. Anyone keep in touch with him?

MacGuy is missed.

TATE
08-11-2017, 07:01 AM
I just looked up some of MacGuy's posts. The election may have done him in, as it has many people and families. One might say that politics has Trumped pool. :wink:

Now where's the Kickin' Chicken?

Pushout
08-11-2017, 12:54 PM
I just looked up some of MacGuy's posts. The election may have done him in, as it has many people and families. One might say that politics has Trumped pool. :wink:

Now where's the Kickin' Chicken?

Sad but true, I'm afraid. Cost me two friends of over thirty years. So be it.

WildWing
08-11-2017, 02:29 PM

You don't mean he killed himself over the election, do you?

Last time I heard from him, he was was trying to convince me that Richard Black had overcharged him by five times what the cue should cost. In the same post, he said he got robbed of his guns in his car. A little bit out there, he was... Or, hopefully, still is...

All the best,
WW

TATE
08-12-2017, 06:54 AM
You don't mean he killed himself over the election, do you?

All the best,
WW

No I meant he may have left the forum due to disagreements over the election.

I have heard many stories of family and friends divided by the election and have first hand experience with this.My sister has disappeared from family gatherings after the election and refuses to talk with anyone, regardless of how they voted.

jalapus logan
08-12-2017, 08:03 AM
No I meant he may have left the forum due to disagreements over the election.

I have heard many stories of family and friends divided by the election and have first hand experience with this.My sister has disappeared from family gatherings after the election and refuses to talk with anyone, regardless of how they voted.

I believe that we are Americans first and foremost and I feel it's important to agree to disagree amiably.