PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best club in London, England?

HaroldWilson
08-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone, i have to be in London next week for a business trip and looking for the best club with American tables, any suggestions?

Cheers

pt109
08-13-2017, 10:26 PM
King's Cross was my favorite....haven't been there since'95.
It was all snooker then...now they give you choices.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwiz-5Gp_dXVAhXLRSYKHTboATIQFggpMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hurricaneroom.co.uk%2Fkings-cross-hurricane-room-intro%2F&usg=AFQjCNGLYVrifP7U-V_T6xHwQezQ9L_FcA

vjmehra
08-13-2017, 11:37 PM
Hi everyone, i have to be in London next week for a business trip and looking for the best club with American tables, any suggestions?

Cheers

Depends what you mean by best...also where in London you are staying?

Kings Cross Hurricane Rooms & Rileys Victoria are probably the best two if you are looking for any sort of 'action', but not sure there is a big gambling scene at either these days.

That said, over here if that's not your thing you typically don't get hassled to play for anything if you're just practising on your own.

Kings Cross gets very busy from 17:30 onwards, you can book, but you have to start before 17:30 (sounds odd but they will let you book for a 17:00 start and stay there all night, but you can't book for a 18:00 and play for 2 hours). Rileys also lets you book and are more flexible (I think).

Other clubs worth a mention are Mile End (friendly, but fewer tables can end up waiting a bit when it gets busy), Hurricane Rooms Acton (never been, but its relatively large and they even have a Russian Pyramid table there)!

Oh and all tables over here tend to be 9ft, only the odd student place will have 7ft tables in (of course we do have English 7ft tables in plenty of places, but thats a totally separate game)!

If you let me know more details I can try and be more specific.

HaroldWilson
08-14-2017, 12:41 AM
Depends what you mean by best...also where in London you are staying?

Kings Cross Hurricane Rooms & Rileys Victoria are probably the best two if you are looking for any sort of 'action', but not sure there is a big gambling scene at either these days.

That said, over here if that's not your thing you typically don't get hassled to play for anything if you're just practising on your own.

Kings Cross gets very busy from 17:30 onwards, you can book, but you have to start before 17:30 (sounds odd but they will let you book for a 17:00 start and stay there all night, but you can't book for a 18:00 and play for 2 hours). Rileys also lets you book and are more flexible (I think).

Other clubs worth a mention are Mile End (friendly, but fewer tables can end up waiting a bit when it gets busy), Hurricane Rooms Acton (never been, but its relatively large and they even have a Russian Pyramid table there)!

Oh and all tables over here tend to be 9ft, only the odd student place will have 7ft tables in (of course we do have English 7ft tables in plenty of places, but thats a totally separate game)!

If you let me know more details I can try and be more specific.

Thank you for the info, I will be in Ealing and looking mainly to go somewhere with good tables so I can practise during the day and head home about 4 or 5 pm. I used to live in Bristol about 10 years ago and played around the UK on the GB9ball tour but don't know the London scene anymore. My main thing is good tables and a nice environment and hopefully some good players to play.

Cheers

vjmehra
08-14-2017, 10:16 AM
Thank you for the info, I will be in Ealing and looking mainly to go somewhere with good tables so I can practise during the day and head home about 4 or 5 pm. I used to live in Bristol about 10 years ago and played around the UK on the GB9ball tour but don't know the London scene anymore. My main thing is good tables and a nice environment and hopefully some good players to play.

Cheers

From Ealing I suspect The Hurricane Room in Acton is probably the closest to you.

I've never been to that once, but the club's are generally well run and the tables in good condition (for a UK pool club at least :-)

http://www.hurricaneroom.co.uk/acton-hurricane-room-intro/

If you want to travel further afield there are other options of course.

HaroldWilson
08-15-2017, 07:55 AM
From Ealing I suspect The Hurricane Room in Acton is probably the closest to you.

I've never been to that once, but the club's are generally well run and the tables in good condition (for a UK pool club at least :-)

http://www.hurricaneroom.co.uk/acton-hurricane-room-intro/

If you want to travel further afield there are other options of course.

Nice one, Acton is just up the road and easy via the train. The next step is to find a good game :-)

Cheers thank you for the help.

vjmehra
08-15-2017, 09:09 AM
Nice one, Acton is just up the road and easy via the train. The next step is to find a good game :-)

Cheers thank you for the help.

There is a UK pool site called Pro 9, not sure if I'm allowed to post the link or whether that would be breaking forum rules so I won't, but I presume it's okay to name it!

If you post there you may be able to find a game as a lot of the good amateurs post there (some post here too)...also if it's like the other Hurricane Rooms in/near London you generally can find a game!