PDA

View Full Version : Chinese import 9ft american tables - What company?

9-ball-fever
08-14-2017, 04:23 AM
Hi,

Can any people here recommend a good Chinese billiard table company that manufactures good quality 9ft american tables?

I'm looking at setting up a pool hall here in Australia and sadly the import and costs for Brunswick or diamond tables are way to expensive - so i'm looking at good quality Chinese tables.

Can anyone please recommend a reputable table manufacturing company in China and there contact details and any useful information, costs, advice?

TIA! :)

jay helfert
08-14-2017, 04:28 AM
Hi,

Can any people here recommend a good Chinese billiard table company that manufactures good quality 9ft american tables?

I'm looking at setting up a pool hall here in Australia and sadly the import and costs for Brunswick or diamond tables are way to expensive - so i'm looking at good quality Chinese tables.

Can anyone please recommend a reputable table manufacturing company in China and there contact details and any useful information, costs, advice?

TIA! :)

The Brunswick Metro is manufactured in China and the wholesale cost is around $1,000. If you can track down the factory where they are made you can get all you want. :thumbup:
They's sold a ton of them to dealers in the Philippines.

9-ball-fever
08-14-2017, 04:39 AM
Hi Jay!

Thanks for your message. Thats very interesting!

So the quality is quite good then?
You don't happen to have any contact info for this company do you? :P

Texas Carom Club
08-14-2017, 05:09 AM
There's a company in Indonesia that sells non Brunswick metro

He said to the us it was 1300 with shipping

Soon as I have a place for one I'll pull the trigger

garczar
08-14-2017, 05:48 AM
Yalin ,iirc, makes a lot of the Asian market Brunswicks. http://www.yalin.cn/en/product/cpfl100/

gutshot
08-14-2017, 05:49 AM
PM Club Billiards on here. He's installed/repaired/moved a bunch of Chinese made tables for customers and can give you some input on their quality. The majority are junk.

Low500
08-14-2017, 06:08 AM
PM Club Billiards on here. He's installed/repaired/moved a bunch of Chinese made tables for customers and can give you some input on their quality. The majority are junk.
Could it be that maybe the time has come for pool tables (unless someone wants a fancy piece of furniture for their home) to step into the marketing practices of watches and other selected items?
Buy the thing, and after 4-5 years if it is shot...throw it away and get a new one...?
If the table has slate and is reasonably supported, that's a pretty good start.
All that has to be done after that, is to have the pockets shimmed up very tight in order to make drills difficult for good training, and to have a quality cloth put on it when installed. Use heated wax at the seams and ditch the old fashioned plaster concept. Most installers can do all that very easily.
I've watched some of the best installers in the world.
If it is not a case of a beautiful piece of work like Mark Gregory produces, it simply isn't all that hard to do..........assuming all the owner is looking for is a training ground for drills and more drills in preparing for tournaments or competition away from home.
The last thing I'd want anyone to know about is that I have a pool table at home for personal training.
Just some thoughts....nothing more.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

Low500
08-14-2017, 06:12 AM
There's a company in Indonesia that sells non Brunswick metro
He said to the us it was 1300 with shipping
Soon as I have a place for one I'll pull the trigger
I'd take a swing at it for 1300.
If it turns out to be a bummer, should be very easy to unload locally around Christmas time when people are buying home tables left and right. Couldn't lose too much money at that opening price.
The world changes.....the game of pool will change also. Economic conditions will FORCE it into change.....even kicking and screaming.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

garczar
08-14-2017, 06:59 AM
PM Club Billiards on here. He's installed/repaired/moved a bunch of Chinese made tables for customers and can give you some input on their quality. The majority are junk.Yalin tables are actually very well built. Go to Taiwan, mainland China, Indonesia etc and buy a Gold Crown. Guess who makes it? Yalin. Brunswick hasn't produced an entire table stateside in YEARS. Sub-assemblies are brought to Bristol, WI where they're put together. A friend of mine bought a new GC3 and most of it was marked "Made in Brazil". Biggest pos ever made. He kept it two yrs, sold it and got a used AMF GranPrix. That GP is built like a tank and plays great.

9-ball-fever
08-14-2017, 10:35 PM
Hi gents,

Thanks for the replies!

As i'm looking at buying these tables to set up a pool room, 16-20 9ft American tables, I must be sure that the quality of tables I am getting is good. Obviously I will be outlaying a decent chunk of cash!

Yalin looks pretty good! Is there anyone else that could comment of the quality of the Yalin tables?

So Yalin is the main manufacturer of American billiard tables in China?

I really do appreciate any advice and information.
Cheers!

9-ball-fever
08-15-2017, 05:22 PM
I've tried to contact Yalin via email and message on there site (which doesn't appear to be working).
Play the waiting game a little more!

Does anyone else here have any comments about Yalin? As I said previously, outlaying a decent amount of cash, I want to make sure the quality from Yalin is good.

Any information or advice I will greatly appreciate!

mchnhed
08-15-2017, 05:42 PM
Did you PM Club Billiards for their input?

I would do a lot of research and discussion with people who really know Pool Tables before investing in even one table. Foreign or Domestic.

I am also planning on using Foreign made tables for a room in the Philipines.
I might consider local made but only after inspecting the rails and maybe even sending one rail to Mark Gregory for his approval before buying 20 tables.

You should ask the Table Mechanics Section or Room Owners Section if they have ever worked/owned a Clone of a GC or a Diamond.

What you see is not what you get.
What you can't see is what will ruin you.

A Pool Table is....
First: The Rails. Design, Size, Thickness, Type of hold down bolting.
Second: The Main Frame. Heavy, Kiln Dried, Planed Level.
Third: The Slate. Evenness, Durability, Holes drilled in correct places.
All the rest that you normally see is window dressing.

Texas Carom Club
08-15-2017, 05:44 PM
Ailex is the brand I found in Taiwan

750 for 9ft w ball return
600 international shipping

mchnhed
08-15-2017, 06:15 PM
That's Aileex.
Is this a GC Clone? Which one III, IV, V, VI?
Do you have a link, please?
How is the reputation of the table?
Is there a pool room where I can play on one?
I appreciate the help beneath_the_surf.

Looks are not everything.
Hell, look at me!

Texas Carom Club
08-15-2017, 06:24 PM
Shut up you.

I'm not helping you with anything with all your ****ing trolling my threads

Black-Balled
08-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Shut up you.

I'm helping you with anything with all your ****ing trolling my threads

In post 8, he was your friend. Then he turns around and bites...

A real piece of shit.

Texas Carom Club
08-15-2017, 06:31 PM
Supposed to be a NOT in there, I fixed the original

But still
Screw that guy

Black-Balled
08-15-2017, 06:33 PM

But still
Screw that guy

Agreed.

As Winston Churchill said, 'I've never killed a man, but I've enjoyed many an obituary'.

mchnhed
08-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Shut up you.
Wow!
What brought that on?
The Moderators should be looking into your posts.

Texas Carom Club
08-15-2017, 06:49 PM
Wow!
What brought that on?
The Moderators should be looking into your posts.

Please direct them so they can see your bullshit

mchnhed
08-15-2017, 07:11 PM
Did you PM Club Billiards for their input?

I would do a lot of research and discussion with people who really know Pool Tables before investing in even one table. Foreign or Domestic.

I am also planning on using Foreign made tables for a room in the Philipines.
I might consider local made but only after inspecting the rails and maybe even sending one rail to Mark Gregory for his approval before buying 20 tables.

You should ask the Table Mechanics Section or Room Owners Section if they have ever worked/owned a Clone of a GC or a Diamond.

What you see is not what you get.
What you can't see is what will ruin you.

A Pool Table is....
First: The Rails. Design, Size, Thickness, Type of hold down bolting.
Second: The Main Frame. Heavy, Kiln Dried, Planed Level.
Third: The Slate. Evenness, Durability, Holes drilled in correct places.
All the rest that you normally see is window dressing.
Helpful, Correct?
That's Aileex.
Is this a GC Clone? Which one III, IV, V, VI?
Do you have a link, please?
How is the reputation of the table?
Is there a pool room where I can play on one?
I appreciate the help beneath_the_surf.

Looks are not everything.
Hell, look at me!
Legitimate Questions, Correct?
Shut up you.

But still
Screw that guy

Please direct them so they can see your bullshit
Potty Mouth!

Poolplayergreg
08-16-2017, 01:56 AM
I've lived in shanghai for just about 4 years now and have played in tons of gold crown replicas,

The best I've come acrossed is Aiilex tables. They are built solid and the price is good.

You can also look into Star tables but they are quite expensive similar to price of new gold crowns.

9-ball-fever
08-16-2017, 02:43 AM
Right ok ,does anyone have a website for Aiilex?

I did have a look at star, but exactly like you said, they are expensive!

WVShootist
08-16-2017, 02:52 AM

Slate top and everthing?

At $1,350 shipped to my door those Aileex professional tables look amazing. When I'm ready to buy a table in the near future I may forego getting a used Gold Crown and buying a new one of these.

Texas Carom Club
08-16-2017, 03:56 AM
Slate top and everthing?

At $1,350 shipped to my door those Aileex professional tables look amazing. When I'm ready to buy a table in the near future I may forego getting a used Gold Crown and buying a new one of these.

Shipped to the port

WVShootist
08-16-2017, 04:41 AM
Shipped to the port

Yikes, land locked state here--looks like that price tag went up a good bit. haha

garczar
08-16-2017, 05:03 AM
Yalin's are made in mainland China and Aileex is out of Taiwan. Are these available in U.S.? Reason i ask is i thought these are foreign/Asian market only. I know one poster is in Australia but i thought someone else was asking about U.S. sales. I always believed that Brunswick had deals in place keeping these out of US. Is that correct or not?

Texas Carom Club
08-16-2017, 05:09 AM
Yalin's are made in mainland China and Aileex is out of Taiwan. Are these available in U.S.? Reason i ask is i thought these are foreign/Asian market only.

not that i know of, i just came across an aileex dealer on facebook and have been thinking about it for a while

garczar
08-16-2017, 05:44 AM
I checked w/ ThailandBilliards and they didn't think they (Aileex) were avail. in US. They said a Aileex Crown in Thailand is $3600(US) and $2000+ if drop-shipped to Asian locations. What dealer did you contact? Any link to them?

Texas Carom Club
08-16-2017, 05:48 AM
formosa billiards on facebook

tonyboy59
08-16-2017, 08:43 AM
Sounds like it may be easier to find a GC II, III or IV in your surrounding area and go that route. I have a friend (lives in DC metro area) who located a GC III in NY; bought had it delivered and set up in his home with new cloth and rails for about 2K...really nice table.

garczar
08-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Sounds like it may be easier to find a GC II, III or IV in your surrounding area and go that route. I have a friend (lives in DC metro area) who located a GC III in NY; bought had it delivered and set up in his home with new cloth and rails for about 2K...really nice table.Exactly. I just posted a link to the location of FIVE nice GC4's in the KansasCity area for $1500/ea. Poolroom has a lot of leagues and they need more bar-boxes. Wish i had the room for one.

poolnoob
08-16-2017, 08:50 AM
Which part of Australia? Would visit if I had the chance. I like ailex tables better then my others I've tried.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

garczar
08-16-2017, 09:09 AM
Which part of Australia? Would visit if I had the chance. I like ailex tables better then my others I've tried.

Sent from my R7sf using TapatalkPM the original poster. He's the one in Oz.

9-ball-fever
08-16-2017, 04:53 PM
Hi,

I'm in Wagga Wagga NSW, are you in Australia Poolnoob?

Thanks gents for the info!

I've been told that the Ailex tables come from a factory in Taiwan and they are good quality. This same factory can also mark any branding the buyer may want on the table.

Where have you guys played on Ailex? Are they definitely made in Taiwan or mainland China?

robertno1pool
08-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Any Chinese or non-USA manufacturers - wondering out in the 10-footer pool table range?

It would seem like an easier step when starting with the raw goods for larger snooker tables.

:grin-square:

9-ball-fever
08-16-2017, 07:09 PM
Any Chinese or non-USA manufacturers - wondering out in the 10-footer pool table range?

It would seem like an easier step when starting with the raw goods for larger snooker tables.

:grin-square:

Hi!

I've never heard of China manufacturing 10ft American tables, BUT I'm sure there would be some companies doing it!

Rico
08-17-2017, 02:25 PM
How can China produce an American table?

Black-Balled
08-17-2017, 02:43 PM
How can China produce an American table?

American pool. Glad we are here to figure that out for you :rolleyes: