PDA

View Full Version : Buyer seller transaction issue question

Rackattach
08-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Sold a cue to an AZ member, a cheap $100 cue.
Buyer gets it and says it hits very well and likes it but has a small roll and I quote it lifts a "quarter" which is about 1/32" which, in my opinion for a $100 cue is basically a taper roll or nothing that's warped or broken.

Next, he demands a 20% refund

I, the seller say I'll give you three options since I don't want to get fighting over a $100 cue:
1. Return it for a full refund including shipping
2. I'll refund 10%
3. Return it and I'll have it fixed on my dime

Next the buyer says he went ahead and had it fixed and is demending a refund of double what I offered and claims he'll start a bad thread about this $100 cue.

Am I in the wrong here? Was what I offered ok?

garczar
08-14-2017, 08:58 AM
Buyer gets it and says it hits very well and likes it but has a small roll and I quote it lifts a "quarter" which is about 1/32" which, in my opinion for a $100 cue is basically a taper roll or nothing that's warped or broken.

I, the seller say I'll give you three options since I don't want to get fighting over a $100 cue:
2. I'll refund 10%

Next the buyer says he went ahead and had it fixed and is demending a refund of double what I offered and claims he'll start a bad thread about this $100 cue.

Am I in the wrong here? Was what I offered ok?Sounds to me like you were more than fair in your offers and the buyer is off-the-air. Not Justin386 by any chance?

Sweatin'
08-14-2017, 08:59 AM
Just my opinion but I think you have done all that should be required by a seller. Not only did you offer options, but the first option was for you to issue a full refund including shipping.

How much more fair could it get than that?

JasBy
08-14-2017, 09:07 AM
Just my opinion but I think you have done all that should be required by a seller. Not only did you offer options, but the first option was for you to issue a full refund including shipping.

How much more fair could it get than that?If you offer a full refund and they don't take it, it means they wanted the cue. At that point it is on them. 3 times I have had something similar happen with an EBay buyer, all 3 times I told them to send it back if they were unhappy or keep it for the price they paid. Haven't gotten one back yet.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

mchnhed
08-14-2017, 09:08 AM

He had no right to go ahead with any repairs.
And then wants to charge you?
And then threatens blackmail?

What were the repairs?
Most likely a reface of the joint?
Common with age and use.

Tooler
08-14-2017, 09:14 AM
Why wait for him..... tell us who it is, so we can avoid him like the plague.

As soon as he told you he had it repaired, the sale was final. End of discussion.

Idiots like this should be outed.

Dave-Kat
08-14-2017, 09:20 AM
Your offers to make good were spot on. His decision to 'repair' himself make the transaction final.

Please ' Un-Mask' this member save any potential seller here of possible future encounters.

Have a good day,

-Kat,

EDIT: Probably jumped with my response and @Rack being new to board as seller. Generally there are 2 sides of these stories eventually posted here. Busy Moet.77was very fast with his side and response. Either way $100 cue roll them dice and take your chances.

bbb
08-14-2017, 09:21 AM
what you offered was fair
once he repaired it on his own without your ok the cue is his
jmho

Moet.1977
08-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Now for the other half of the story.
He says cue is straight and sound hits good so I tell him I'll take it.
To start with and I got pictures too the cue does roll straight apart but when you put it together it lifts about a quarter of an inch of the dam table. ( no where near what he said)
Also when I get it the dam box is ripped half way down it (not reusable at all)

Now here is where it gets interesting
I message him and tell him from his response I no he knew before he ever mailed that it didn't roll straight together Lol
I work 60 hrs a week and don't have time for this crap so I tell him to send me 20 dollars and I'll have pin fixed. ( yes pin was bent not a facing issue)
So he tells me hell send me 10 dollars or I can mail it back for a refund.

So I tell him truth I don't have the time ( I'm at work from 7am til7pm) plus it will cost me 25 or so just to mail it back cause I'll have to buy a new box for it. So it comes out easier and cheaper just to have me fix it.
A week goes by and he never puts money in my PayPal so I said he'll with it he can keep 20 if he's that broke and needs to screw people over and I tell him that I will tell my friends on AZ about how he does business. Cause in the end he new I was a busy person and he new the cue didn't roll straight but sent it anyway.
People on here no me I'm honest I sold and traded few higher end cues and all were better than I decided them.

Moet.1977
08-14-2017, 09:34 AM

As soon as he told you he had it repaired, the sale was final. End of discussion.

Really a response like this and you don't even know but half the story or who it is. No wonder so many good members don't log on ever often .

Moet.1977
08-14-2017, 09:40 AM

jmho

You don't have to wait he only made this thread because I told him I was going. To make one and tell the AZ community how he does business. Me and my wife have been on this forum since 2010 with many sells between here and ebay with never any problems.

Moet.1977
08-14-2017, 09:44 AM
I almost forgot best part yesterday I found this cue brand new on ebay with 2 shafts for 90.00 dollars. Lol
I only got 1 shaft and this cues has few bumps in it. Lol my mistake tho should have done my homework.
Great AZ seller uh?

I got to go back in to work but I will check on thread tis evening when I'm off work.

rtbbf
08-14-2017, 09:58 AM
one hundred and a complaint....for a hundres you don't even get a tip....

cuesblues
08-14-2017, 10:36 AM
I almost forgot best part yesterday I found this cue brand new on ebay with 2 shafts for 90.00 dollars. Lol
I only got 1 shaft and this cues has few bumps in it. Lol my mistake tho should have done my homework.
Great AZ seller uh?

I got to go back in to work but I will check on thread tis evening when I'm off work.

Looks like you rode the wrong horse on that deal Sean

Celophanewrap
08-14-2017, 10:51 AM
C'mon Mot, its a hundred dollar cue, you expected perfection?
To some people, apparently like yourself, straight would mean laser straight, no imperfections, to some others straight means no discernible bounce when rolled without a micrometer for measuring, and to others still straight might mean pretty straight for a hundred dollar cue, sounds like that is what you got. I think for a hundred I might expect some nicks or chips or a little roll. You do get what you pay for, you know.
Sounds like you got a hundred dollar cue.
So you say it's the pin?

mchnhed
08-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Yesterday I found this cue brand new on ebay with 2 shafts for 90.00 dollars.
I need an inexpensive cue for my kid.
Could you please give me the link?
Thank you.

pt109
08-14-2017, 10:56 AM
C'mon Mot, its a hundred dollar cue, you expected perfection?
To some people, apparently like yourself, straight would mean laser straight, no imperfections, to some others straight means no discernible bounce when rolled without a micrometer for measuring, and to others still straight might mean pretty straight for a hundred dollar cue, sounds like that is what you got. I think for a hundred I might expect some nicks or chips or a little roll. You do get what you pay for, you know.
Sounds like you got a hundred dollar cue.
So you say it's the pin?

I'm wondering if the damaged parcel had something to do with the bent pin.

cuesblues
08-14-2017, 11:08 AM
The cue should have either sent back or accepted as is
A partial refund is typically an easy thing to accomplish but obviously not with these two guys.

When you are buying very inexpensive used cues what do you expect the quality to be.
I've always liked Sean, have made deals with him, but he should have sent the cue back, eat the shipping, and that's it.

If the cue rolled good apart I think the seller made an honest mistake but should still do a refund and Sean should just pay the shipping back and cut his losses

Time for me to get back to basics on this screwing together thing.
Some of the unchalked cues I've sold were never screwed together

GoldCrown
08-14-2017, 11:12 AM

8ballr
08-14-2017, 11:13 AM
Now for the other half of the story.
He says cue is straight and sound hits good so I tell him I'll take it.
To start with and I got pictures too the cue does roll straight apart but when you put it together it lifts about a quarter of an inch of the dam table. ( no where near what he said)
Also when I get it the dam box is ripped half way down it (not reusable at all)

Now here is where it gets interesting
I message him and tell him from his response I no he knew before he ever mailed that it didn't roll straight together Lol
I work 60 hrs a week and don't have time for this crap so I tell him to send me 20 dollars and I'll have pin fixed. ( yes pin was bent not a facing issue)
So he tells me hell send me 10 dollars or I can mail it back for a refund.

So I tell him truth I don't have the time ( I'm at work from 7am til7pm) plus it will cost me 25 or so just to mail it back cause I'll have to buy a new box for it. So it comes out easier and cheaper just to have me fix it.
A week goes by and he never puts money in my PayPal so I said he'll with it he can keep 20 if he's that broke and needs to screw people over and I tell him that I will tell my friends on AZ about how he does business. Cause in the end he new I was a busy person and he new the cue didn't roll straight but sent it anyway.
People on here no me I'm honest I sold and traded few higher end cues and all were better than I decided them.

I don't understand you people...buy the cue from Seyberts and avoid situations like this.

mchnhed
08-14-2017, 11:16 AM
I don't understand you people...buy the cue from Seyberts. nuff said.
They ain't got no more Huebler's for sale.

buckets
08-14-2017, 11:21 AM
As long as you were upfront about the taper roll, I don't see that you've done anything wrong.

Full refund for a return is more than fair.

I'd have just sent him the $20 and called it a day. I'd consider it "getting off cheap" hahahaha

Black-Balled
08-14-2017, 11:22 AM

I disagree...calm down!

As seller, you can only take what the guy says at face value and react to it.

I say full refund only, no post sale price negotiation.

Return cost on buyer. Refund contingent upon receipt.

End relationship.

cuesblues
08-14-2017, 11:27 AM
They ain't got no more Huebler's for sale.

No more Huebler cues left?
Damn it all, I'm done collecting.

One last thing, I would hate to see negative itraders in this situation
This does not merit a negative itrader, I would deal with either of them.

Coop1701
08-14-2017, 11:40 AM
jmho

I totally agree. Once he fixed it. It's his cue now.

Tooler
08-14-2017, 11:42 AM
I disagree...calm down!

End relationship.

Right, I agree....but, buyer did'nt ship it back, he had it repaired. Then he tried to get the seller to pay for it. Wrong move.

WVShootist
08-14-2017, 11:57 AM

2. I'll refund 10%

Am I in the wrong here? Was what I offered ok?

You can't determine how much curve is ok based on your opinion. $100 cues are joke cues to some but main players to others, as a pool enthusiast you wouldn't be pleased if you purchased a cue that had roll without previously having been informed.

That said, he should have informed you before he paid for repairs. In light of the situation you were as fair, after the fact, as you could be.

My opinion is the difference between a dissatisfied customer making bad noise and getting someone out of your hair here is an extra $10. Pay it, move on and be more upfront in the future so there isn't anymore misunderstandings.

I had a captain loan a guy money once, he said the guy never paid him back--I think the amount was $50. All the guys were like "I would have kicked his ass, etc." The captain just casually said, "$50 isn't going to make me or break me, it's up to him to prove himself."

PRED
08-14-2017, 12:28 PM
I disagree...calm down!

End relationship.

This or nuttin'

I won't put up with the ever increasing extortion from buyers. You don't like it? Send it back, no questions asked. Try to scam me for a big post sale discount? Fuc u

maha
08-14-2017, 02:40 PM
it all goes back to sellers not telling exactly what the things that are wrong withg the cue are.

the buyer should have been told it rolled when put together with a quarter hump.

the buyer has no recourse after fixing it and that he has no time for this isnt the fault of the seller. yet he finds time to post about all this.

seller should still send the 20 bucks for his bad description. just because its a 100 dollar item doesnt mean you can leave out problems or expect something amiss.

both are over reacting here and can easily work it out.

Moet.1977
08-14-2017, 03:01 PM
This or nuttin'

I won't put up with the ever increasing extortion from buyers. You don't like it? Send it back, no questions asked. Try to scam me for a big post sale discount? Fuc u

I just love this post.
First I don't log on all the time so when I ask him to make this easy and just send me 20, that way both of us won't be in vesting another 20 plus a piece ( which is more than 40 combined ) for it to go back and forth through the mail.
I didn't log back and even check just figures he would do it hell it's commonsense thing to do and cheaps route for both us.

Sweatin'
08-14-2017, 03:16 PM
I just love this post.
First I don't log on all the time so when I ask him to make this easy and just send me 20, that way both of us won't be in vesting another 20 plus a piece ( which is more than 40 combined ) for it to go back and forth through the mail.
I didn't log back and even check just figures he would do it hell it's commonsense thing to do and cheaps route for both us.

Maybe I missed it somehow, but why did you not just send it back in the first place? Your busy life notwithstanding, you still have found time to buy the cue to start with, try it out, get it repaired and post on here. And don't whine about the small cost of mailing it back. That's just an expected price that occurs occasionally when you buy something online. You could send it Priority Mail in one of those triangular boxes for probably 10-12 bucks. If that's gonna tip you over you probably should look into another hobby.

Moet.1977
08-14-2017, 03:20 PM
This or nuttin'

No more Huebler cues left?
Damn it all, I'm done collecting.

One last thing, I would hate to see negative itraders in this situation
This does not merit a negative itrader, I would deal with either of them.

Ted you of all people on here know what kind of cues I own and play with, I didn't buy the cue for my self I bought it for my 9 year old daughter.
She's been playing since she was 6 and she starting to get were she's making a few balls constantly, so I told her I get her her own cue.

Also Ted I'm not leaving any i trader you talked to me many times and done deals with me think know how I am. You know I'm always fair and honest I just want AZ members to no how he does business. I'm not worried about 20 bucks just don't like someone getting over on me.
If it had be an accident that would have been different but he was just dumping it off on someone else and it just happen to be me.

cuesblues
08-14-2017, 03:24 PM
it all goes back to sellers not telling exactly what the things that are wrong withg the cue are.

the buyer should have been told it rolled when put together with a quarter hump.

the buyer has no recourse after fixing it and that he has no time for this isnt the fault of the seller. yet he finds time to post about all this.

seller should still send the 20 bucks for his bad description. just because its a 100 dollar item doesnt mean you can leave out problems or expect something amiss.

both are over reacting here and can easily work it out.

I agree 110% on each point
Nice post that makes perfect sense

About the 100-dollar production cue business, playing with one is one thing, but
selling one on AZ Billiards is a brave thing to do....in my opinion.
I would always look on Ebay to buy something like that, definitely not AZ.

Moet.1977
08-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Sweating it or what ever your name is reread thread. Also it 16 plus a box to ship it back then he would have shipped it back so which way is cheaper.
See unlike you I don't live on the Internet hell I don't even have face book.

JasBy
08-14-2017, 03:29 PM
You know I'm always fair and honest I just want AZ members to no how he does business. I'm not worried about 20 bucks just don't like someone getting over on me.
If it had be an accident that would have been different but he was just dumping it off on someone else and it just happen to be me.[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight -

You bought the cue for $100 and I am assuming that the shipping was included in that price, as you were paying the shipping back. So by your own math - $25 of that $100 was shipping leaving him with $75.

You received the cue and it was unsatisfactory, at which point the seller offered a full refund if you returned it, among other options. You refused these options and demanded $20 back - which would be almost 30% of what the seller is netting at this point after shipping.

You then ignored the means of communication used for the transaction for over a week, despite this being an issue, just assuming that everyone would just pay you.

After a week has gone by and the seller did not agree to your demand, you then resorted to extortion by saying that if you didn't get your money, you would come to AZ and talk bad.

Yes....I can see how this is an OBVIOUS case of him getting one over on you.

Moet.1977
08-14-2017, 03:30 PM
I agree 110% on each point
Nice post that makes perfect sense

About the 100-dollar production cue business, playing with one is one thing, but
selling one on AZ Billiards is a brave thing to do....in my opinion.
I would always look on Ebay to buy something like that, definitely not AZ.

I just happen to log on and seen it and for 100 bucks and it said straight and sound so I thought what hell. My daughter been wanting her own cue and she's starting to play better so I thought it make a great starter cue plus I help out a fellow AZ members.

cuesblues
08-14-2017, 03:37 PM
Ted you of all people on here know what kind of cues I own and play with, I didn't buy the cue for my self I bought it for my 9 year old daughter.
She's been playing since she was 6 and she starting to get were she's making a few balls constantly, so I told her I get her her own cue.

Also Ted I'm not leaving any i trader you talked to me many times and done deals with me think know how I am. You know I'm always fair and honest I just want AZ members to no how he does business. I'm not worried about 20 bucks just don't like someone getting over on me.
If it had be an accident that would have been different but he was just dumping it off on someone else and it just happen to be me.

Sean, you are a good guy and I enjoy dealing with you however....
Both of you guys did something that I would not have done.
I make many mistakes, big mistakes, but I don't take them or threaten to take them public.
Like you said the cue was cheaper on Ebay, so that was a mistake that just needed to be chalked up to experience.
On the other hand, AZ Billiards really isn't the place to sell this cheap stuff, the
seller should have disclosed the roll, and the 20-bucks was cheap to make it go away.

Take this type of business to Ebay where it belongs, nobody is squeaky clean here.
I always end up giving away those 100 dollar cues that roll funny for free, I have
many times which is why I stay away from them.

Moet.1977
08-14-2017, 03:40 PM
JasBy you spot on I'm extortion expert.
First he want me to send it friends and family and I told him I pay the paypal fees
for him and I did. Does this sound like and extortion.
Please pay attention if your going to slam me I had already told him hell with the 20
If he's that broke keep it.

Me and my wife make a very comfortable living I don't need to screw people over.
If you don't believe me ask few members who are on here who live in the Louisville Ky area.
Thanks for the great post tho.

Moet.1977
08-14-2017, 03:46 PM
Sean, you are a good guy and I enjoy dealing with you however....
Both of you guys did something that I would not have done.
I make many mistakes, big mistakes, but I don't take them or threaten to take them public.
Like you said the cue was cheaper on Ebay, so that was a mistake that just needed to be chalked up to experience.
On the other hand, AZ Billiards really isn't the place to sell this cheap stuff, the
seller should have disclosed the roll, and the 20-bucks was cheap to make it go away.

Take this type of business to Ebay where it belongs, nobody is squeaky clean here.
I always end up giving away those 100 dollar cues that roll funny for free, I have
many times which is why I stay away from them.

You are 100% rite Ted we all drop the ball once in awhile.
I actually bought it cause dean in another thread said if you find one that's straight and put a good shaft on it it make a decent player. Thought it be great starter cue .

Thanks for the replies and voice of reason hope all is well out their in great Colorado.

BmoreMoney
08-14-2017, 03:52 PM
This or nuttin'

Lol, I agree. Funny thing is; prior to me reading Moets response, I thoughthink 90% I was gonna know who the buyer was lololol!

Sweatin'
08-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Sweating it or what ever your name is reread thread. Also it 16 plus a box to ship it back then he would have shipped it back so which way is cheaper.
See unlike you I don't live on the Internet hell I don't even have face book.

I've attempted to do so, but honestly, it makes my head hurt trying to read what you've written. Perhaps that's why I may have missed something critical to your story.

Forgive me if that's the case.

bbb
08-14-2017, 05:32 PM
1) once you fixed it your self
the rest is on you
2) its a expletive deleted $100 DOLLAR CUE
do you expect szamboti specs ??
just askin....:smile:

mchnhed
08-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Where can I get this cue on EBay New with Two Shafts for $100?

Moet.1977
08-14-2017, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=mchnhed;5947924][b]Where can I get this cue on EBay New with Two Shafts for 100

It's a Mark Richards custom cue(LOL) number 65 on ebay 92 dollars and 88 cents their was 2 I believe the other was 98 dollars.

Moet.1977
08-14-2017, 06:20 PM
1) once you fixed it your self
the rest is on you
2) its a expletive deleted $100 DOLLAR CUE
do you expect szamboti specs ??
just askin....:smile:

1- Your absolutely right
2- I only wanted what it was advertise as.

jimmyco
08-14-2017, 06:25 PM
When the buyer noticed the box was damaged ("ripped half way down it") the cue should have been inspected. The bent pin could have happened in transit.

$50 insurance is cheap. The first $50 is free.