PDA

View Full Version : My first gambling story. (low stakes)

9andout
08-15-2017, 07:02 PM
First I would like to say:
The guys who always say the best way to improve your game is to gamble with better players and play under pressure ARE CORRECT!!:thumbup:

Finally played a money match with a work friend.
He gave me the Orange Crush about a year ago on his home BB. I couldn't beat him.
This night, playing a better player (and being a big underdog) came from me honoring a "late night" (beer) text I sent to him.:smile:

First up was 10 ball race to 11 for $100.
He had to get used to the 9' table some. I had it tied at 5-5 at one point. Lost 11-7.
Overall played pretty good.

We then played 9 ball race to 7 for $50. I gave him the 7 ball and he shot 1 handed.
I lost 7-4. He played real good.

Straight Pool was next. (First time for me)
I got a 75 ball spot. Going to 125 points! Lol For $50.
He was playing much better.
We finally ended up tied at 118 points! Then 120. (Yeah, I was in trouble)
Then the biggest highlight of the night for me. I ran 5 balls to get to 125 for the win!!
The reason I was so happy was that I made 5 difficult shots under pressure.
It was a $100 swing. I was thinking to myself I cant lose all 3 damn matches!! haha

Played a lot of pool. Had a few beers too.
Was a tough get up for work the next day.
My game has really taken a jump from that long session and from playing under some pressure.

I avenged a loss to my Cousin the following Sat.
I won 7-0 in 9 ball. For no cash.

I feel real good about my progress.
Only $50 sets with work bud from now on for a little while.
I'm pretty sure I can get some $$ back.

Scratch85
08-15-2017, 07:23 PM

I'm pretty sure I can get some $$ back.

LOL, and that's how it begins.

I agree, gambling makes you better. I have never gambled big money but I've lost my share. Helps learn to deal with the adrenaline that accompanies competition.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87673)

Black-Balled
08-15-2017, 07:30 PM
As long as you are having fun, get at it. Enjoy playing well, stepping it up when it really matters.

But keep it in perspective, you know? It is a game and it will never support a life.

It is for fun.

9andout
08-15-2017, 07:50 PM
As long as you are having fun, get at it. Enjoy playing well, stepping it up when it really matters.

But keep it in perspective, you know? It is a game and it will never support a life.

It is for fun.
Yeah, was definitely a fun night.
And to have something "on the lights" was cool.