PDA

View Full Version : Shaft insert conversion

Cezar Morales
09-30-2017, 07:57 AM
Hi, im looking to convert 2 uniloc shaft to a fit it on my 5-16/14 cue butt.

May i know how much does a reputable cuemaker charge for such a conversion ??
Any risks such as messing up the integrity of the shaft ?

Thanks

Michael Webb
09-30-2017, 09:11 AM

Thanks

Hi Cezar
Price will always vary depending who does it. Using Old school regular inserts would be ok except the hole would have to be plugged and re-done or the person doing the job could use this insert which the alignment barrel is approx. .005 larger than the one on uni loc.
Hope this helps.https://www.cuestik.com/store/product.asp?ITEM_ID=5767&DEPARTMENT_ID=95

336Robin
09-30-2017, 09:48 AM

Thanks

Shouldnt be a big deal. Friend of mine did this for me to adapt a LD shaft I bought to my 3/8x 10 joint said it was easy.

Cezar Morales
09-30-2017, 01:15 PM
Hi Cezar
Price will always vary depending who does it. Using Old school regular inserts would be ok except the hole would have to be plugged and re-done or the person doing the job could use this insert which the alignment barrel is approx. .005 larger than the one on uni loc.
Hope this helps.https://www.cuestik.com/store/product.asp?ITEM_ID=5767&DEPARTMENT_ID=95

Thanks Mike, helpful as always !

Since ya're a cuemaker, mind telling me how much u wld charge for 2 shafts to be converted from uniloc to 5-16/14 ?
I just want a ball park figure to know what to expect.

Thanks Mike !

Michael Webb
09-30-2017, 05:19 PM
Thanks Mike, helpful as always !

Since ya're a cuemaker, mind telling me how much u wld charge for 2 shafts to be converted from uniloc to 5-16/14 ?
I just want a ball park figure to know what to expect.

Thanks Mike !

Hi Cezar
One of the rules for Cue makers on this site is. We are not suppose to give prices in the open forum and seeing I don't play the pm game. Puts me in a tough spot. But it shouldn't break you. Prices will vary like I said but no matter who you use, it's affordable. Maybe 1/3 the cost of a shaft by most Cue makers today.

GeorgeFW
09-30-2017, 05:52 PM
Just have whoever does work on your cues make you a 2 inch long extension with the two different threads.

Michael Webb
09-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Just have whoever does work on your cues make you a 2 inch long extension with the two different threads.

It is a good option but it is not the same. No matter how little the extension weighs. It changes things.

EddieBme
10-01-2017, 11:31 AM

Thanks

Did you find someone to do your shaft, and cost? I'm looking to do the same thing, but a radial shaft to 5/16"-18 cue butt?