PDA

View Full Version : good Eurotour experience

marek
10-09-2017, 02:20 AM
Hi there ;)
For those who follow my pool playing endeavors I want to brag a little :grin: Last week I played Eurotour event in Klagenfurt, Austria and I finished 17th out of 160 players which is my best result so far. Finally I was able to handle the pressure of the big event+strong players well enough to play my game without much choking,it was good experience to see my opponents to crumble under my pressure instead of experiencing the crumbling of my own :thumbup: In the last 32 single elimination I had battle royale with Ralf Souquet, the match took 2hours and 44 mins, I took Ralf on the double hill where I had a chance to win but didnt make tough shot off the rail after the break (I would have had straight in 3-9 combo if i made the shot) and Ralf ran out for 9:8 victory. In the end Ralf won the whole tournament and qualified for Euro team for Mosconi Cup.
Anyway it was great experience for me and as a bonus my fargorate rose up from 639 (which was determined by my bad play/choking in former eurotour events) to respectable 676, I killed several players in 720-750 range in Klagenfurt and took Ralf who is 786 on the hill so I guess I played in high 700s in Klagenfurt to make jump in ratings like that. ;) And winning some money to cover my entry fee/travel/hotel expences didnt hurt as well :thumbup:
Posting some pictures from the venue, note that the second picture is from the practice session prior to the tournament as there is a dress code rule at Eurotour events ;)

Keith E.
10-09-2017, 02:43 AM
Congratulations Sir.

Keith

GB Basher
10-09-2017, 02:43 AM
I watched some of your match against Ralf.
You played solid.
Well done & hopefully more to come.

marek
10-09-2017, 02:55 AM
I watched some of your match against Ralf.
You played solid.
Well done & hopefully more to come.

Thank you, to be honest I was running low on fuel towards the end of the match as I played 4 matches prior to the match with Ralf. You could definitely see that Ralf has 2-3 levels better position play than I do, it was my shotmaking and decent safety play which kept me in that race. Ralf is an inspiration for me with his pattern play and his composure during his matches, I have to work harder to get better ;)

pmac666
10-09-2017, 03:32 AM
very nice, congraz.....hope you can continue to improve!
had also a 17th place once, but about 15 yrs ago when it was a bit easier than today :grin:

marek
10-09-2017, 04:19 AM
very nice, congraz.....hope you can continue to improve!
had also a 17th place once, but about 15 yrs ago when it was a bit easier than today :grin:

So many things to learn yet only so little time to practice beside my day job :angry: And it was lot easier to play at Eurotour/European championships even 7-8 years ago, nowadays it is just brutal, every single win is a big achievement on its own..

medallio
10-09-2017, 05:44 AM
That's strong!! Congratulations

Z-Nole
10-09-2017, 07:33 AM
Nice job. Is it just me or do these two look related??

marek
10-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Nice job. Is it just me or do these two look related??

Yeah, we have the same barber:D:D:D But my build is bit more NFL-like and Ralf has different eye colour :rolleyes::thumbup: