PDA

View Full Version : Cue repair in NYC area

yuri_b17
10-18-2017, 01:52 AM
I will be in NYC for a week this weekend and will be staying around Times Square... I was wondering if there is a cue repair shop within the area that I can visit so I can bring the cue along with me...

I wanted to have my break cue re-wrap with either linen or leather...any idea of its cost???...do I need to supply the leather if ever???...would I be able to get it the same day???...

Thanks in advance for the help, replies & suggestions...

Yuri Bayanin

darshan27
10-18-2017, 06:38 AM
Call Society Billiards in Chelsea at 212 420 1000 to see when Jonathan Smith is available. He does tips, wrap, ferrule and cleaning and has great service. (or email jonathan.smith@societybilliards.com)

He's usually available from Monday to Friday, but it's best to call to schedule. They're at 10 E 21 Street in Chelsea, a quick 2 minute subway ride from Times Square.

Hope you enjoy your time in NYC!

Tony

ctyhntr
10-18-2017, 01:00 PM
These are only a subway ride away.
Manhattan
Jonathan Smith at Society
Mike Yednak at Amsterdam
Blatt Billiards*
AFAIK, they don't do repairs onsite, but can facilitate repairs.

Queens
Duc & Mio at Steinway

Brooklyn
Richard Hsu, Skyline*
Not sure if he is still working out there.

Cory in DC
10-18-2017, 02:51 PM
Call Society Billiards in Chelsea at 212 420 1000 to see when Jonathan Smith is available. He does tips, wrap, ferrule and cleaning and has great service. (or email jonathan.smith@societybilliards.com)

He's usually available from Monday to Friday, but it's best to call to schedule. They're at 10 E 21 Street in Chelsea, a quick 2 minute subway ride from Times Square.

Hope you enjoy your time in NYC!

Tony

John did good work for me, so I'll second the recommendation. He's also a very good player and nice guy.

Black-Balled
10-18-2017, 05:32 PM
I would definitely not expect a walk in...make an appointment, ya know?

yuri_b17
10-19-2017, 04:17 AM
Much thanks for all the infos & suggestions...will sure do contact them & make appointment should I go visit the places for works to be done...

Thanks Tony...hope to have some fun time in NYC...

jtompilot
10-20-2017, 10:13 PM
There’s also a guy at Castle Billiards near Teterboro NJ. He also makes cues.