PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Alcano cues at US Open Warm Up

ctran
10-21-2017, 07:40 PM
Hi, anyone noticing Ronnie's cues?

https://www.facebook.com/qmastersbilliards/videos/1920714414846527/?hc_ref=ART8k6EtZbBFbJmhVNEHiF52iMDocBDpAN1Z37lqZn ohjy7VyPZA0Yf9BsSPILcF-is

both his playing and breaking cues have very dark shafts, looking very stiff, and from his play I see much less cue ball action than normal

anyone know what cue? broom handle salvage wood? lol.

JoeyInCali
10-21-2017, 08:41 PM
It sure is not pretty.

barrymuch90
10-21-2017, 10:01 PM
It def was diff looking almost like those diamonwood jump cues that are vibrant colors. His was almost like cherry or dark reddish but besides the color I didn't get the Delong it played significantly different like you did I mean the guy won the tournament with it and that's gotta be one of the strongest "warm up" tournaments in the world if u can even call a double elimination race to 7 with multiple world class and dozens of other professionals.

tbayplayer
10-21-2017, 10:15 PM
I would say he's using kielwood shafts. Does he use a Diveney?

ctran
10-22-2017, 10:32 AM
It sure is not pretty.

I have a few shafts from you that is dark and ugly but not close to Ronnie's. one shaft with radial thread, no insert and weights in at 4.6oz, I am shooting with it while waiting for my ebony :).

It def was diff looking almost like those diamonwood jump cues that are vibrant colors. His was almost like cherry or dark reddish but besides the color I didn't get the Delong it played significantly different like you did I mean the guy won the tournament with it and that's gotta be one of the strongest "warm up" tournaments in the world if u can even call a double elimination race to 7 with multiple world class and dozens of other professionals.

I like the format, short races but they gotta play all day, match after match, consistency is key.

You may notice Ronney cue does not generate a wide angle after contact (angle of cueball and object ball movement directions), and it seems drawing cue ball is heavier and he under-hit at times. this can be an advantage on a new smooth table but will be a burden on a old cloth.

I would say he's using kielwood shafts. Does he use a Diveney?

not sure what cue, he changes often.