PDA

View Full Version : the insanity emanating from this forum lately is mind boggling

lorider
10-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Insanity has been described on here as doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Well that is exactly what has been happening lately.

Justin starts a thread asking for serious opinions about x cues. Many of the same posters say the same thing and as a result bickering evolves between Justin and said posters.

Justin starts a thread asking for serious opinions about xxx cue maker. Many of the same posters say the same thing and as a result bickering evolves between Justin and said posters.

If Justin does not start a thread that day another poster starts a thread about Justin. The same posters say the same thing and as a result bickering evolves between Justin and said posters.

In most cases the thread dies a slow death and others are deleted. Regardless of whether the thread dies or is deleted the end result is always the same. Nothing of any substance was accomplished ...ever.

The main page currently has 3 threads on going regarding Justin.

I have made the statement ...some people need to get a life outside this forum a few times. Well I think its time for me to get a life out side this forum instead of having to gloss over the same bullshit every day hoping to pick up a tidbit that may interest me..

strmanglr scott
10-22-2017, 11:32 AM
"The main page currently has 3 threads on going regarding Justin."

Lol, and now we have four.

PoolBum
10-22-2017, 11:34 AM
I've always liked Schon cues.

Cornerman
10-22-2017, 11:49 AM
Low end cue flipping through eBay is a good business strategy.

SNE

Freddie <~~~ never flipped

lorider
10-22-2017, 12:11 PM
"The main page currently has 3 threads on going regarding Justin."

Lol, and now we have four.

Dang....trying to pull foot of of mouth :D

GoldCrown
10-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Not sure who Justin is but I got a really good deal on car insurance

Danimal
10-22-2017, 12:18 PM
You have yet to see insane, brother, until you’ve scrolled down into some of the nether forums :shocked2::banghead:

HUKIT
10-22-2017, 12:23 PM

sciarco
10-22-2017, 12:34 PM
What we have here is a failure to communicate some men you just can't reach

jimmyco
10-22-2017, 12:50 PM
I had waffles for breakfast.

PoolBum
10-22-2017, 12:55 PM
I had waffles for breakfast.

It's better to have waffles for breakfast and shoot with a Schon cue, than to have a Schon cue for breakfast and shoot with waffles.

hurricane145
10-22-2017, 01:00 PM
some people need to get a life outside this forum a few times. Well I think its time for me to get a life out side this forum instead of having to gloss over the same bullshit every day hoping to pick up a tidbit that may interest me..

More time actually playing pool and less time reading about it would be a good thing for all methinks!

TX Poolnut
10-22-2017, 01:17 PM
Not sure who Justin is but I got a really good deal on car insurance

Remember when you could go on AZBilliards, spend time browsing, then get off the website refreshed, alert, and alive with a spirit lifted by your newfound knowledge?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Mr. Bond
10-22-2017, 02:01 PM

Slim Limpy
10-22-2017, 02:09 PM

cardiac kid
10-22-2017, 03:07 PM
Sorry guys, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night so ...........

Lyn

TX Poolnut
10-22-2017, 04:13 PM
I wish that picture was bigger. It really brings the whole thread together.

jasonlaus
10-22-2017, 04:23 PM
It's better to have waffles for breakfast and shoot with a Schon cue, than to have a Schon cue for breakfast and shoot with waffles.

I'm not so sure about that, I believe a waffle with the proper tip may play better than a schon - it can't play worse.
Jason

BmoreMoney
10-22-2017, 04:33 PM
We all here at AZ shouldn't feel special as Justin is just as good at pis sing folks off over at OBM LOL. He just reported someone as a scammed lol.

Jistin, I'm just curious but why did you report him as a sacmmer? I was looking at that Huebler when first posted and nothing jumped out at me - other than it seemed like it might be a good price??? So what came across to you as a scam?

PoolBum
10-22-2017, 04:46 PM
I'm not so sure about that, I believe a waffle with the proper tip may play better than a schon - it can't play worse.
Jason

Depends on the brand of waffles and how old the Schon is.

bbb
10-22-2017, 05:07 PM
Insanity has been described on here as doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Well that is exactly what has been happening lately.

Justin starts a thread asking for serious opinions about x cues. Many of the same posters say the same thing and as a result bickering evolves between Justin and said posters.

Justin starts a thread asking for serious opinions about xxx cue maker. Many of the same posters say the same thing and as a result bickering evolves between Justin and said posters.

If Justin does not start a thread that day another poster starts a thread about Justin. The same posters say the same thing and as a result bickering evolves between Justin and said posters.

In most cases the thread dies a slow death and others are deleted. Regardless of whether the thread dies or is deleted the end result is always the same. Nothing of any substance was accomplished ...ever.

I have made the statement ...some people need to get a life outside this forum a few times. Well I think its time for me to get a life out side this forum instead of having to gloss over the same bullshit every day hoping to pick up a tidbit that may interest me..

i have only read your opening post
you do not need another life
you need to be more discriminating what threads you read...:smile:
jmho
icbw

Slim Limpy
10-22-2017, 05:13 PM

jimmyco
10-22-2017, 05:32 PM
Depends on the brand of waffles and how old the Schon is.

Frozen waffles hit hard.
Waffles with maple syrup hit sweet.
Waffles with butter hit, well, like butta.
Belgium waffles hit like a new buffalo tip.
And be careful with blueberry waffles. Too many and you will run out.

lorider
10-22-2017, 05:38 PM
i have only read your opening post
you do not need another life
you need to be more discriminating what threads you read...:smile:
jmho
icbw

Truth to that . Now if you could get about 10 more posters to agree .:thumbup:

Texas Carom Club
10-22-2017, 05:43 PM
While your all here

Take some time to learn about Carom billiards
https://youtu.be/yWX17d2gDRE

;)

gutshot
10-22-2017, 06:02 PM
It would be nice if the admins starting banning all of the trollers. Almost every post has people being an asshole to another poster. Guess it's par for the course with the way our society is today.

Johnny Rosato
10-22-2017, 06:16 PM
So what are you saying?

Ched
10-22-2017, 06:28 PM
Here's a thought:
Look at the last 10 threads where a mod has had to intervene. Is there a common denominator? (*hint*)

one stroke
10-22-2017, 06:31 PM
We all here at AZ shouldn't feel special as Justin is just as good at pis sing folks off over at OBM LOL. He just reported someone as a scammed lol.

Jistin, I'm just curious but why did you report him as a sacmmer? I was looking at that Huebler when first posted and nothing jumped out at me - other than it seemed like it might be a good price??? So what came across to you as a scam?

Is that jistin because,,,

GoldCrown
10-22-2017, 06:37 PM
I believe a waffle with the proper tip may play better
Jason

What exactly is the proper tip.... 15-20%? Do we leave cash or put it on the card.

Slim Limpy
10-22-2017, 06:43 PM

Texas Carom Club
10-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Hoaky Smokes, that's an astounding display of cue ball control. Do you know if that is edited, or does that guy actually chalk up only after every 35 points or so?

Those masse shots are mesmerizing. I had to repeat them 3 or 4 times apiece just to believe them. The precise speed control is unlike anything I've ever seen before.

I actually learned something from a thread about Justinb386. Incroyable! (That's in the Carom shooter's native tongue there).

Thanks for posting that link.

Absolutely not edited

That's Frederic caudron, of Belgium,a master and multiple world champ of every Carom discipline,
Top 5 of his era and possibly beyond

Knew I'd catch someone
Look at the rest of the vids on my channel, you'll see more of the same,
Glad you enjoyed it

Also he's not smacking the ball hard on every shot so you don't need to chalk up after every little point, plus it'll make the game much longer than it already is

Celtic
10-22-2017, 06:54 PM
Jason

I have never played with a waffle but I have seen a few for sale around here.

To anyone who has actually shot with a waffle before can you give your opinion on how they hit. Only respond if you have actually shot with one please.

I had a guy who was trying to trade a waffle and offered up a half eaten bag of Doritos but he refused to ship the waffle to me first so I think he was a scammer.

Anyhow thanks to anyone who can offer their opinion on how waffles hit, sorry if people think this question is stupid.

PS: anyone want to trade a waffle for a 3/4 eaten bag of Doritos?

jasonlaus
10-22-2017, 07:01 PM

To anyone who has actually shot with a waffle before can you give your opinion on how they hit. Only respond if you have actually shot with one please.

I had a guy who was trying to trade a waffle and offered up a half eaten bag of Doritos but he refused to ship the waffle to me first so I think he was a scammer.

Anyhow thanks to anyone who can offer their opinion on how waffles hit, sorry if people think this question is stupid.

Do the Doritos have that typical Cactus roll? If so, I'm not interested

lorider
10-22-2017, 07:02 PM

What flavor Doritos ? I have not tried the bold yet. Do they really make you wanna jump around on a pogo stick ?

lorider
10-22-2017, 07:05 PM

I gotta say this thread has been entertaining as hell so far. However some of you comedians should not quit your day job yet. :grin-square:

jackpot
10-22-2017, 07:08 PM
I don't know what in the Hell all of you are talking about. Waffles , cues,
Justin, what ? If this kind of crap continues I will not only, but then some.
As well it should be, and least we forget people in glass houses gather no
moss.
jack

Dave-Kat
10-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Ordered up one of those 'Donut' pool tables for our 'smoking' Parlor :groucho:

Hope she likes it.

-Kat,

PoolBum
10-22-2017, 07:11 PM
I gotta say this thread has been entertaining as hell so far. However some of you comedians should not quit your day job yet. :grin-square:

C'mon, quit waffling.

lorider
10-22-2017, 07:18 PM
C'mon, quit waffling.

Did you notice I said...yet ?

Several are pas the quit your day job level and others are approaching it. Yall just need a more refinement .:thumbup:

spartan
10-22-2017, 07:21 PM
Not an even exchange. Waffle was originally a sweet/ dessert while Doritos is savoury. I would take the waffle. Though pancake (spongy crispy type not the stick to throat type), Japanese cheese tart or cupcake over waffle anytime.

bmeek
10-22-2017, 07:21 PM

I'll trade you waffles that hit "lights out" for your doritos if you ship them first. I'm like a 30 so don't be a meanie or say I'm cray

BmoreMoney
10-22-2017, 07:36 PM
Frozen waffles hit hard.
Waffles with maple syrup hit sweet.
Waffles with butter hit, well, like butta.
Belgium waffles hit like a new buffalo tip.
And be careful with blueberry waffles. Too many and you will run out.

Yes be very very careful of the blueberry waffles! And whatever you do, DO NOT Google blue waffles. Don't say I didn't warn ya!

pt109
10-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Did you notice I said...yet ?

Several are pas the quit your day job level and others are approaching it. Yall just need a more refinement .:thumbup:

A French breadstick gets all the dough.

lorider
10-22-2017, 07:50 PM

Now this is what.i am.talking about...it's safe for this guy to quit his day job . :grin:

Pt got it going on . :wink:

PoolBum
10-22-2017, 07:53 PM

That's the yeast funny joke I've ever heard.

GoldCrown
10-22-2017, 08:05 PM

Pencil..............wear a belt or your pencil fall down

pt109
10-22-2017, 08:12 PM
It’s not the Indian, it’s the arrowroot....

GoldCrown
10-22-2017, 08:12 PM
A Frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. he can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack.

"Miss Whack, I`d like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it`s okay, he knows the bank manager.

Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patty explains that she`ll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, "There`s a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral."

She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"

The bank manager looks back at her and says...

"It`s a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man`s a rolling stone."

GoldCrown
10-22-2017, 08:13 PM
It’s not the Indian, it’s the arrowroot....

Came from Wildroot

Icon of Sin
10-22-2017, 08:18 PM
I gave up the 7 ball tonght and drilled my opponent the first set 7 to 2... second set I lose 7 to 6.

Played great and then like shit...

I havnt had a waffle this year I dont think.

pt109
10-22-2017, 08:24 PM
I gave up the 7 ball tonght and drilled my opponent the first set 7 to 2... second set I lose 7 to 6.

Played great and then like shit...

I havnt had a waffle this year I dont think.

You should've kept doing drills...:cool:

WildWing
10-22-2017, 08:30 PM
I do notice that there are four pages of response to insanity, so I think the members are fine with it, whatever it's worth.

All the best,
WW

jeffj2h
10-22-2017, 08:37 PM
I blame Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc. Everyone thinks they are a comedian on these services. Short, snarky comments are everywhere. I’m guilty myself.

This snarky communication style started in those other services, and is now prevalent on AZB.

Jeff

pt109
10-22-2017, 08:46 PM
I blame Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc. Everyone thinks they are a comedian on these services. Short, snarky comments are everywhere. I’m guilty myself.

This snarky communication style started in those other services, and is now prevalent on AZB.

Jeff

Like...:thumbup2:

Slim Limpy
10-22-2017, 09:07 PM

justinb386
10-22-2017, 09:08 PM

I really wanted that Huebler (I am crazy about the looks of it), but the only method of payment the seller would accept as payment sent as a Gift through paypal. The seller was unwilling to send me a paypal invoice, and the seller was unwilling to give me any other option that would make a buyer feel safe about their purchase. He just kept repeating all of the great "seller transaction reports" that he has received. Why would a legit seller be unwilling to send a paypal invoice? And if unwilling to do that, why unwilling to offer to pay as Goods if buyer agrees to pay the paypal fee? It just felt like a scam to me. I have been scammed many times in the past. I can't afford to risk $275 (that is actually a lot of money to me), and have zero paypal buyer protection. I am sorry if I was wrong about the seller, but it just did not feel legit to me. Any legit seller should be willing to send a paypal invoice. It is the proper way of doing business through paypal. I would have been happy to add the 3.5%, or whatever to the purchase, but the seller gave me no other options (after I explained to him why I felt uncomfortable paying as a Gift - Friends and Family - payment).

I reported the listing to OBM because I felt that it was a scam, and did not want anyone to get ripped off. I am sorry if I was wrong about the seller, but the seller should have offered me a safer way to pay other then payment as a Gift.

Slim Limpy
10-22-2017, 09:15 PM

justinb386
10-22-2017, 09:25 PM
A Frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. he can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack.

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it`s okay, he knows the bank manager.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patty explains that she`ll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, "There`s a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral."

"It`s a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man`s a rolling stone."

That was great.

justinb386
10-22-2017, 09:32 PM
Holy Schmoley, Justinb386, you are completely in the right here. He couldn't send you a Paypal Invoice for a payment to be payed for as a gift. He's scamming the Paypal system. Good job!

All kidding aside, would you have sent the seller (a seller who you do not personally know, or have done business with in the past) your payment as a Gift (if that was the only way that the seller was willing to accept payment for an item that you had an interest in buying?)? You do understand how risky it is, right? I understand that most of you guys probably think of $275 as pennies, but I can't take that kind of a risk with the little bit of money that I have.

I really wanted the cue, but the seller was being unreasonable. If he was a legit seller, then he should have been willing to send me an invoice for the cue (or at least been willing to accept payment as Goods, instead of a Gift). I would have been protected with payment for Goods (but not for payment sent as a Gift).

Slim Limpy
10-22-2017, 09:41 PM

jasonlaus
10-22-2017, 09:46 PM
All kidding aside, would you have sent the seller (a seller who you do not personally know, or have done business with in the past) your payment as a Gift (if that was the only way that the seller was willing to accept payment for an item that you had an interest in buying?)? You do understand how risky it is, right? I understand that most of you guys probably think of $275 as pennies, but I can't take that kind of a risk with the little bit of money that I have.

I really wanted the cue, but the seller was being unreasonable. If he was a legit seller, then he should have been willing to send me an invoice for the cue (or at least been willing to accept payment as Goods, instead of a Gift). I would have been protected with payment for Goods (but not for payment sent as a Gift).

Nope. Right after you reported him you should have treated yourself to a waffle cone.
Jason

Scott Lee
10-22-2017, 09:57 PM
That's a good one Frank! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

justinb386
10-22-2017, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't send anyone, even someone I know, payment as a gift for an item when using my Paypal account. I value my Paypal account too much. I have 500 or so sales on Ebay over the last 20 years and have made way too much money selling my reconditioned sewing machines and other oddball items to risk my account status for the few measly dollars that Paypal charges for their services. As a seller, you are scamming Paypal by doing that, and as a buyer you lose all protections offered through their services. I am baffled why anyone would buy an item (especially on AZB) and pay by "Gifting" the seller money.

That is exactly why I do not mind paying the extra 3.5% for buyer protection through paypal. If the seller is unwilling to include it in their price (and in my case, the fee would never be more then maybe $10), then I do not mind paying the seller the extra amount of money for the fee.

The seller made the excuse that if I did not make payment as Gift, and sent an invoice, that he would have to wait a week to get his money. That is BS, because I know for a fact that when paying an invoice through paypal, the seller has their money right away (unless it is an eCheck payment).

It just felt like a scam to me, and that is why I reported it to OBM.

jimmyco
10-22-2017, 10:09 PM
I will not do f&f, even with somebody I trust. Things can go sideways with nobody at fault.

Lost, damaged, stolen parcels happen every day in the logistics world. Whatever loss paypal cannot cover, my cc company will.

How the heck did this thread get siderailed???

Emanating insanity, I tells ya.

justinb386
10-22-2017, 10:18 PM
I will not do f&f, even with somebody I trust. Things can go sideways with nobody at fault.

Lost, damaged, stolen parcels happen every day in the logistics world. Whatever loss paypal cannot cover, my cc company will.

How the heck did this thread get siderailed???

Emanating insanity, I tells ya.

That is another really good point. Not possible to make an insurance claim (if the shipment is lost, stolen, or damaged in transit) for a purchase paid to a seller as a Gift (instead of as Goods).

I was just reading this thread, and seen that BmoreMoney directed a question at me, so I replied, but this thread was already sidetracked long before I replied to it.

People are talking about Waffles, and comparing them to the hit of Schon cues, and all sorts of other silly stuff.

Bob Jewett
10-22-2017, 10:23 PM
... you should have treated yourself to a waffle cone.
Jason
I sort of treated myself to a waffle cone Friday night. Danny Barouty and I took a break from the American 14.1 championships and had Korean -- which was awesome -- then for dessert we found a great gelato/ice cream store. I never went for waffle cones because they're like $1 extra, but since I was driving and Danny was paying I said, "I'll have a small rum raisin in a waffle cone." The kid doing the scooping must have figured that he should fill up the cone and that turned out to be about a pint of rum raisin since the waffle is like a square foot before they roll it. I'm hooked now. I went by the next night for another except I got espresso chip in it. Sadly a different scooper knew what "small" was.

I highly recommend that everyone try a waffle cone if you haven't had one before. It's easier to shoot with a waffle cone than a regular waffle and the taper gives less squirt. Unless there's rum raisin in it.

Some Polish guy named Konrad won the 14.1.

jasonlaus
10-22-2017, 10:39 PM
I sort of treated myself to a waffle cone Friday night. Danny Barouty and I took a break from the American 14.1 championships and had Korean -- which was awesome -- then for dessert we found a great gelato/ice cream store. I never went for waffle cones because they're like $1 extra, but since I was driving and Danny was paying I said, "I'll have a small rum raisin in a waffle cone." The kid doing the scooping must have figured that he should fill up the cone and that turned out to be about a pint of rum raisin since the waffle is like a square foot before they roll it. I'm hooked now. I went by the next night for another except I got espresso chip in it. Sadly a different scooper knew what "small" was.

I highly recommend that everyone try a waffle cone if you haven't had one before. It's easier to shoot with a waffle cone than a regular waffle and the taper gives less squirt. Unless there's rum raisin in it.

Some Polish guy named Konrad won the 14.1.

Helfert drug me to the Thai place next to Griffs and got me hooked, seriously, like 3+ times per week, then they moved locations. If anybody knows where they moved to please let me know.

To stay on topic, I'll have the dorito waffle cone with a side of pay pal

jimmyco
10-22-2017, 10:45 PM

...To stay on topic, I'll have the dorito waffle cone with a side of pay pal

Thank you, Cap'n, for navigating us back on course.

Icon of Sin
10-23-2017, 04:18 AM

The last cue I sold on here, the buyer sent me PayPal via friends and family. I didn't ask him too, but he did. I was grateful because at that price, those percentages can get a bit high.

I sent him the cue immediately as I would have if he would have have paid via invoice. I'm honest.

Flip the script though, and I'm on your side for that one. I'm not paying friends and family unless you are a close friend or family.

Kickin' Chicken
10-23-2017, 06:26 AM
and don't overlook the fact that some people will overplay their recourse hand if they have some so without naming any names, beware of that.

it can be a rocky road, waffle cone or not. ;)

best,
brian kc

SARDiver
10-23-2017, 11:31 AM

He's just trying to get a rise out of us.

Pushout
10-23-2017, 11:32 AM
5 pages of replies! Good grief!!

Kickin' Chicken
10-23-2017, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBum View Post

He's just trying to get a rise out of us.

said three crusty guys...

jimmyco
10-23-2017, 12:25 PM
5 pages of replies! Good grief!!

Next post hits page six.

Texas Carom Club
10-23-2017, 12:32 PM
Next post hits page six.

Don't mind if I do
More Carom

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=458514

Johnny Rosato
10-23-2017, 12:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkpkzv77x54

Koop
10-23-2017, 12:59 PM

LMFAO!!!
Says the guy who just created number 4

jasonlaus
10-23-2017, 01:50 PM
LMFAO!!!

Is that Waffle Iron y?

justinb386
10-23-2017, 02:11 PM
The last cue I sold on here, the buyer sent me PayPal via friends and family. I didn't ask him too, but he did. I was grateful because at that price, those percentages can get a bit high.

I sent him the cue immediately as I would have if he would have have paid via invoice. I'm honest.

Flip the script though, and I'm on your side for that one. I'm not paying friends and family unless you are a close friend or family.

I always like to send a paypal invoice. It makes me (as a seller) feel much safer about "seller protection", because I can list in the invoice exactly what I am requesting payment for (and you can also add a picture of the item to the invoice, if you want to), and that is also very important if you need to make an insurance claim. I have read (on here) about people getting scammed by the buyer, who paid through Friends and Family option, and then did a credit card charge back after receiving their item. I guess if you are dealing with a dis honest buyer, then it would not matter anyways, because they would just lie to paypal about what they received in the package, when filing their paypal complaint. Good thing that most people in this world are honest, and good. When selling an item online, you do get paid in full before shipping the item out, but it still takes some trust in the buyers to be honest about what they receive in the mail from you. It is really scary to think that the buyer might completely lie about what they received from you. Luckily, in all the years that I have sold stuff online, that issue has never happened to me. Good thing that most people are honest.

SARDiver
10-23-2017, 02:13 PM
LMFAO!!!

I plan to start a fifth.

I also plan to drink all of it.

BmoreMoney
10-23-2017, 02:19 PM
I plan to start a fifth.

Bet u a can't finish it but if you need some help........ lol

Cornerman
10-23-2017, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBum View Post

said three crusty guys...

I kneaded these jokes.

Freddie <~~~ loafing my ass off, IMO

alphadog
10-23-2017, 06:29 PM
I plan to start a fifth.

Well with Catholics where there is 4 you are sure to find a fifth.

SARDiver
10-23-2017, 07:54 PM
Well with Catholics where there is 4 you are sure to find a fifth.

I'm a Presbyterian, but down here in the South, where you find a fifth and four Baptists, you're sure to find four people who pretend they don't know each other.

BmoreMoney
10-23-2017, 08:23 PM
I'm a Presbyterian, but down here in the South, where you find a fifth and four Baptists, you're sure to find four people who pretend they don't know each other.

Stay in safe from the K's huh?

alphadog
10-24-2017, 03:18 AM

Thats funny when I lived in Dallas if you found 4 baptists with a 5th they all claimed to be Presbyterian:confused::D

mchnhed
10-24-2017, 07:44 AM
Justin....

Just to let you know....
I was first in line to buy that Huebler.

The seller and I had been messaging each other.
He texted me he was sending an invoice to my e-mail.
I went to take a dump and I come back to finalize the deal and he’s spooked by some guy named Justin and his wierd questions and demands.

The seller than panics and does the deal with the next guy because I didn’t respond instantly.

I’ve enjoyed your oddities up until now but you are now on my list.

Plus......where did you get the $287 to buy the cue?
Plus....the cost of the refinish and rewrap.
That’s $425 total
Your always moaning about not having money to buy a decent cue.
Get out of our Pool Room.

I’m not happy with the seller either for him being so impatient.

Black-Balled
10-24-2017, 07:53 AM
Whats for lunch?

mchnhed
10-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Justin....

Just to let you know....

I went to take a dump and I come back to finalize the deal and he’s spooked by some guy named Justin and his wierd questions and demands.

The seller than panics and does the deal with the next guy because I didn’t respond instantly.

That’s around $425 total.
Grow up, you child.

BmoreMoney
10-24-2017, 09:27 AM
Justin....

Just to let you know....

That’s $425 total

No O'Dea where I would have been in line but I saw post within 15-20 of posting. While I was thinking about pulling the trigger, I saw the guy post up with what happened with Justin . Guess it shouldn't matter but the drama kinda turned me off.

pt109
10-24-2017, 10:28 AM

——————-

BmoreMoney
10-24-2017, 11:10 AM

——————-

No PT, U ARE 100% correct - just a forum. But if someone starts messing with someone's money ( as he said ) then that's a different ballgame.Even that was one stick, one deal, whatever, but this has become prevalent .

Slim Limpy
10-24-2017, 12:03 PM

jimmyco
10-24-2017, 01:13 PM
Who needs money? Just insist they ship first.

pt109
10-24-2017, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by mchnhed :

That’s $425 total
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

————————————————-
Hey, Slim....we’re talkin’ pool players here.
All my life, I’ve never bought a new vehicle...drive mostly trucks I bought cash.
I have never went on the road or to a tournament driving a vehicle that was worth
anywhere close to the value of the cues in the back.

————————————————

Justinb386,

it is in your best interests to answer this man’s questions concerning your “lack of money” situation in an open and forthcoming manner. I never joined in with the other posters when speculating about your personal and private life -- I don’t care who you or any other poster really is -- I always try and respond only to the poster’s texts. We’re all unreliable narrators here. Nobody is who they present themselves as. However, you have referred numerous times to your “lack of money and/or disposable income.”

I can take you to a local bus stop in my neighborhood and show you honest, law abiding, hardworking people who haven’t had $250 in freely disposable income in years. You need to explain to all of us what you are referring to when you present yourself as having little or no extra money, etc. when you can bid or offer this much money on a cue when you claim to have little or no money.

If you choose not to explain in an honest and open fashion, I think you should be prepared for a whole new generation of AZB posters with little or no tolerance for your shenanigans.

Us’ns got our priorities.

PoppaSaun
10-24-2017, 01:26 PM
I can take you to a local bus stop in my neighborhood and show you honest, law abiding, hardworking people who haven’t had $250 in freely disposable income in years. You need to explain to all of us what you are referring to when you present yourself as having little or no extra money, etc. when you can bid or offer this much money on a cue when you claim to have little or no money.

98% of a man's problems are caused by himself. The other 2% are caused by a woman.

fastone371
10-24-2017, 01:34 PM
While your all here

Take some time to learn about Carom billiards
https://youtu.be/yWX17d2gDRE

;)

Its not very exciting but that guy is extremely good, especially the way he walks one of the balls outside the corner line.

lorider
10-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Justin....

Just to let you know....

That’s $425 total

Truth be told....i think the seller was offered more money while you were taking a dump ..

Maxx
10-24-2017, 02:30 PM
What Huebler? I should have bought it!

GoldCrown
10-24-2017, 03:13 PM

——————-

I must be crazy..............when I put my hand in my pocket I feel nuts.

HUKIT
10-24-2017, 03:24 PM
it is in your best interests to answer this man’s questions concerning your “lack of money” situation in an open and forthcoming manner. I never joined in with the other posters when speculating about your personal and private life -- I don’t care who you or any other poster really is -- I always try and respond only to the poster’s texts. We’re all unreliable narrators here. Nobody is who they present themselves as. However, you have referred numerous times to your “lack of money and/or disposable income.”

If you choose not to explain in an honest and open fashion, I think you should be prepared for a whole new generation of AZB posters with little or no tolerance for your shenanigans.

It’s no ones god damn business where he got the money from!

Icon of Sin
10-24-2017, 04:16 PM

That’s $425 total
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justinb386,

He shouldn't have to explain where he gets his spending money to anyone unless it is from ripping people off on this website...

Whether he is full of shit or not... it's his money.

SARDiver
10-24-2017, 05:27 PM
98% of a man's problems are caused by himself. The other 2% are caused by a woman.

The other 5% are caused by poor mathematics.

jimmyco
10-24-2017, 09:39 PM
The other 5% are caused by poor mathematics.

That's what you call giving 110%

pt109
10-24-2017, 09:54 PM

——————

mchnhed
10-24-2017, 10:41 PM
It’s no ones god damn business where he got the money from!

Unless that person is always whining about having no money and would you please feel sorry for him and give him a big discount and then flips the cue and then whines that he loved the cue but had to go get a Kid’s Meal Deal from McDonalds and then posts that he wishes he had a cue to shoot pool with and would anybody please help him out by selling your Joss West cue for $125 because that’s all the money he has and then gets the cue from you and goes online says he doesn’t like the taper and the butt feels heavy so he sold it for big profit and now he doesn’t have a have a cue and would some kind soul give him one because he can’t seem to hold on to anything of value, so he stomps on another person’s deal and try’s to sucker punch him to buy another cue and...................................

Mr. Bond
10-24-2017, 10:53 PM
This is like an Ed Norton movie, holy shit.

Dognit
10-25-2017, 12:11 AM
Aint saying anybody should be banned...(HINT, Thats a forum business decision, not lynch mob suggested)

But learning how to use the MULTI QUOTE should be required.

8 posts in a row, to answer questions is a bit tedious.....

Slim Limpy
10-25-2017, 01:04 AM

justinb386
10-25-2017, 02:01 AM
Justin....

Just to let you know....

That’s around $425 total.
Grow up, you child.

I don't get it. Why would he be conversing with me (and asking for my payment as a Gift, but unwilling to send me an invoice), if he was already make a deal with you (if you were 1st in line)? I will admit that I really screwed up, in thinking that it was a scam. I did a search for the sellers name tonight, and seen all of the comments that other buyers have made about him in the past. Even knowing what I know now though, I still do not think I would have sent my payment as a Gift. It is just too risky, no matter how trustworthy you think a seller is. I really did screw up by flagging the listing though. I just thought the deal was too good to be true. $275 for such an amazing looking Huebler, with when appeared to be an Ivory butt cap? By the way, I had no money for a refinish. I would have just played with the cue as is. The only part that looked really bad to me was the butt, below the wrap.

I sent the seller a message tonight, and wrote an apology to him. He was really cool about it, and said that he understood why I did what I did (I guess).

Poolplaya9
10-25-2017, 02:03 AM
I am questioning why Justinb386 has continually claimed to have little or no money and can only afford a cue of $200 at the most when facts have come to light which show otherwise.

In all fairness there isn't a lot of difference between $200 or $250 and $300 and I don't see that having an extra fifty or a hundred bucks this month means there has been some drastic change in your financial standing. For all we know the refinish he had planned for the cue was going to have to wait for a month or two so the only cost at this time was going to be $300. Maybe his income, whatever it is, has gone up slightly to account for the extra $50-100 bucks he seems to have for this cue but he is still poor. Maybe he was able to flip a laptop for a $100 profit this month and so has an extra hundred he wouldn't normally have. Maybe he managed to spend a little less than normal the last couple of months for whatever reason and was able to save an extra hundred up more than he would normally have. Maybe he hit for a hundred bucks on a scratch off lottery ticket. Maybe he just had a birthday and a relative gave him a hundred bucks as a present.

I don't know what the situation is but thinking somebody is no longer poor because they are looking to buy a cue that is $50-100 more than the ones they normally buy seems like an awfully big leap in logic to me, particularly when said cue is still on the low end about as cheap as they get. It isn't like he is looking at a $1000+ cue here. For the record I don't agree with trying to milk sympathy and special pricing favors due to your financial standing or for any other reason for that matter, but on the flip side being able to spend an extra 50-100 bones this time around hardly proves that he is rolling in the cash now.

justinb386
10-25-2017, 02:13 AM
No O'Dea where I would have been in line but I saw post within 15-20 of posting. While I was thinking about pulling the trigger, I saw the guy post up with what happened with Justin . Guess it shouldn't matter but the drama kinda turned me off.

I really wanted that cue (was in love with the looks of it, and did not care about the condition it was in), but got freaked, when the seller insisted on payment to be sent as a Gift, and was unwilling to give me any other payment option. And then I started thinking that the deal seemed to be too good to be real. I really screwed up. If I would have just searched the sellers name (on OBM), then I would have seen all of the good feedbacks that he has received from other buyers. I see that I make a big mistake now, but I still do not understand why the seller did not give me the option to pay as Goods, if I was willing to pay the extra 3.5% paypal fee. He just kept repeating himself about how good his rep was on OBM. It just felt like a scam to me. Any legit seller should be willing to send a paypal invoice. I know now that he is a legit seller, but asking for payments from buyers to pay as Gift (without offering any other option to pay) is not the right way to do business.

justinb386
10-25-2017, 02:22 AM

That’s $425 total

Justinb386,

I really do not understand you. $275 is not that much money. Most people on here pay that much for a single shaft alone. I am very poor. That is true. Sometimes I have a little bit of money from a laptop sale, and want to spend it on a cue. Yes, I had the $275 that the seller was wanting for the Huebler, but no, I would not have been able to pay to get it refinished. I would have played with it "as is". Other then the butt below the wrap, it looks to be in fine condition as a player. I do not need a cue to be in mint condition. I could care less about nicks, dings, and bruises, just so the shaft is nice and smooth, and the cue rolls fairly straight, then I am good to go, on the pool table.

justinb386
10-25-2017, 02:25 AM
Truth be told....i think the seller was offered more money while you were taking a dump ..

Yeah, that must have been the reason he put me next in line (because I was willing to pay his full asking price for the cue). I can't think of any other reason why the seller would pass the 1st person in line to buy the cue. That cue would be mine too, if the seller would have offered to allow me to make my payment as paying for Goods. I really wanted that cue, but could not risk almost every last dollar I had to my name to send him the payment as a Gift. Anyone who would have been in my situation should understand that. $275 is a lot of money to me. I was willing to pay it though, because I really loved and wanted that cue.

justinb386
10-25-2017, 02:32 AM
He shouldn't have to explain where he gets his spending money to anyone unless it is from ripping people off on this website...

Thanks Icon.

justinb386
10-25-2017, 02:48 AM
Justinb386,

Please reread my posting above carefully. Nowhere am I questioning where Justinb386 gets his money from. I am questioning why Justinb386 has continually claimed to have little or no money and can only afford a cue of $200 at the most when facts have come to light which show otherwise. Hopefully, you are familiar with Justinb386’s posting history.

I am assuming both my and mchnhed’s base question is the same here: Why does Justinb386 continue to claim and use lack of money to elicit sympathy from AZB readers, when it appears he actually does have funds to support his cue purchases? Real facts from the real world have collided with Justinb386’s persona and appear to contradict his persona’s continual assertions of always having little or no money.

Where the money came from is not at issue for me. Continuing to claim something that has been shown to be otherwise is the issue here.

Justinb386 has a decision to make. Either alter his persona’s attribute of always being too broke to buy a decent cue or have this detail thrown at him ad infinitum for the next 20 threads and run the risk of many more AZBer’s reacting in the same way as mchnhed has.

This is far from the first time posters have confronted Justinb386 regarding the contradictions inherent in his persona’s personality.

I’ve been dying to do a simple analysis of Justinb386’s texts (threads and postings) for about 3 months now, so let me explain. Maybe 7 years of occasionally, but not always, following Justinb386’s texts at work and (almost) always being entertained by them has given me ample time to analyze the persona he has constructed for his AZB audience and what motivates him to present his persona in the way he does.

So I says to myself, I says, “Screw it, I’m gonna do it, even if I’m the only one who finds it interesting.”

This analysis is based only on Justinb386’s text, not any speculation about what Justin really is like. He could be a banker in his day job for all I know. I could care less because as I stated before: we’re all unreliable narrators here. So I’m doing nothing more than any of you do each time you respond to someone else’s posting: you analyze the text and respond to it in one fashion or another. The person who wrote the text is somewhere, but he’s not the text or even in the text. It’s impossible to discover who someone really is by just reading what they wrote.

Speculating on what the writer of a text is really like is an exercise in futility; however, speculating on the character representing the writer in the text is open game for me. You wrote it, I own it, once you release it. Same with what I write. That’s why there’s a button on the bottom each posting that says, “Post Reply”.

Let me start by saying I fall in the camp that believes Justinb386 (the writer of the texts) is no dummy. I have joked about Justinb386 being a genius at his manipulative techniques in the past. In my opinion, he has quite a sharp mind. He has an exceptional ability to control the effects his writing has on his readers. Whether this is consciously controlled by him or not, I don’t know. But he is aware of his own manipulative abilities as a writer. That’s a good thing. All communication is manipulation. Some communicators have a greater and more conscious control of it than others. His persona’s primary purpose is hold and maintain our interest and feed our attention to his ego. And there’s nothing wrong with that—it’s a good gig if you can get it.

Justinb386’s persona is intriguing to most of us because he purposefully cloaks himself in mystery and intrigue, and subtle contradictions. His persona’s characteristics just don’t make sense sometimes. And if his persona suddenly did make sense, we would probably lose interest in him real quick. We just can’t figure him out, just like an intriguing character in a book. His persona’s character flaws actually make his persona more real and human to us—like we’re really getting to know him somehow—he’s not hiding anything, even though he’s hiding everything. And if we guess and question his persona’s flaws long enough, we begin to believe that we may find out who he really is and the secrets behind him.

So inconsistencies in his persona’s character like the fact that he is constantly looking for a cue he can’t afford, despite our best efforts to avoid it, actually draw us into a sympathetic relationship with his persona. The Holy Grail.

His insistence that he has never bought a single cue with the intention of flipping it when all indications point to the opposite is a tough one for me. I am not sure if that is an endearing characteristic other than it helps support his claim of never having enough cash to buy the cue he really wants. This one I think he continues to insist upon because it too contributes to the mystery of his persona’s character.

You will notice that Justinb386 never ever explains or answers to us why these situations exist. When these predicaments are questioned by fellow posters, Justinb386 always has some answer, but never answers the question. Then he sidetracks the question by answering a non-existent question and re-routing the answer to respond to an issue more favorable to developing his persona. This is also why Justinb386 neither acknowledges nor refutes another poster when he is being confronted by a hostile poster who is demanding to know what he is really like—he has the ability to separate himself from his persona and let the persona do the manipulating. Even to deny the hostile poster’s accusations limits the possibilities which help to contribute to his persona’s mysteries. Pure Genius! That is why Justinb386 is a Teflon Don—all the negativity just bounces off him because he knows he’s not his persona. He just reaps the attention that his persona creates for him and tosses away the negativity.

I personally find the continuing sage of Justinb386 very entertaining.

I see you do to, eh?

Soooo . . . what draws a swell fellow like you into these threads?
(Sorry, couldn’t resist!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHsSAz6nRrk

justinb386
10-25-2017, 02:53 AM
In all fairness there isn't a lot of difference between $200 or $250 and $300 and I don't see that having an extra fifty or a hundred bucks this month means there has been some drastic change in your financial standing. For all we know the refinish he had planned for the cue was going to have to wait for a month or two so the only cost at this time was going to be $300. Maybe his income, whatever it is, has gone up slightly to account for the extra $50-100 bucks he seems to have for this cue but he is still poor. Maybe he was able to flip a laptop for a $100 profit this month and so has an extra hundred he wouldn't normally have. Maybe he managed to spend a little less than normal the last couple of months for whatever reason and was able to save an extra hundred up more than he would normally have. Maybe he hit for a hundred bucks on a scratch off lottery ticket. Maybe he just had a birthday and a relative gave him a hundred bucks as a present.

I don't know what the situation is but thinking somebody is no longer poor because they are looking to buy a cue that is $50-100 more than the ones they normally buy seems like an awfully big leap in logic to me, particularly when said cue is still on the low end about as cheap as they get. It isn't like he is looking at a $1000+ cue here. For the record I don't agree with trying to milk sympathy and special pricing favors due to your financial standing or for any other reason for that matter, but on the flip side being able to spend an extra 50-100 bones this time around hardly proves that he is rolling in the cash now.

You make some very good points. Thanks for that reply.

By the way, I never meant to ask for any charity from anyone. I have always displayed the amount of money that I had available to spend on a cue, and hoped for the best. That is all. I never asked, or expected any sympathy or charity from anyone. For example, the time that I presented $50 for a cue to purchase, I would have been very happy for an offer of maybe an old beat up, warped Meucci sneaky pete (something that would have been a really good player, yet only really worth the $50 that I paid). By the way, I did once sell a Meucci sneaky for $50, and have sold very nice customs for a $100.

Texas Carom Club
10-25-2017, 05:51 AM
Its not very exciting but .

People say the same about 1pkt and 14.1

couldnthinkof01
10-25-2017, 06:23 AM

Well played sir

PoppaSaun
10-25-2017, 07:39 AM
Unless that person is always whining about having no money and would you please feel sorry for him and give him a big discount and then flips the cue and then whines that he loved the cue but had to go get a Kid’s Meal Deal from McDonalds and then posts that he wishes he had a cue to shoot pool with and would anybody please help him out by selling your Joss West cue for $125 because that’s all the money he has and then gets the cue from you and goes online says he doesn’t like the taper and the butt feels heavy so he sold it for big profit and now he doesn’t have a have a cue and would some kind soul give him one because he can’t seem to hold on to anything of value, so he stomps on another person’s deal and try’s to sucker punch him to buy another cue and...................................

Why the hell would you care about any of that? If you are so stupid that you fall for ever sob story on the internet, you deserve to be taken advantage of.

Justin's schtick is pretty much like a lot of the humor in Austin Powers...it was funny at first, then got uncomfortable, but now has been going on so long it is funny again.

spartan
10-25-2017, 07:42 AM
All I can say is "Wow"

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UglyColorfulFlatfish-size_restricted.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FizCq29sEq0

Icon of Sin
10-25-2017, 10:55 AM
Why the hell would you care about any of that? If you are so stupid that you fall for ever sob story on the internet, you deserve to be taken advantage of.

Justin's schtick is pretty much like a lot of the humor in Austin Powers...it was funny at first, then got uncomfortable, but now has been going on so long it is funny again.

This.

While it is none of our business where he gets his money or how much he has, there is no way in hell im gonna lower my price because I feel sorry for him or anyone else.

What I set the price of my cue at is what I want. The ONLY way it gets lowered is if it's not moving at all and based upon other offers... I really don't care about the economic status of a potential buyer.

Slim Limpy
10-25-2017, 11:00 AM

mchnhed
10-25-2017, 12:23 PM
....and so now we know that Justin is just playing us.

Thank you Justin for being so cocky and tipping your hand with this video that encompasses your life philosophy.

Now that we know what you really are doing to people everyone will be very cautious when conversing with you.

mchnhed
10-25-2017, 12:32 PM
He’s saying you can be full of Shit, Justin.

Thanks Icon.

mchnhed
10-25-2017, 12:35 PM
Your condoning and encouraging this kind of behavior? Well played sir

couldnthinkof01
10-25-2017, 12:46 PM
Your condoning and encouraging this kind of behavior?

It made me giggle and for that I applaud him.

I could care less about his persona or his cue dealings.

Thats funny right there, I dont care who you are.

Lord I appolog.....

Positively Ralf
10-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the internet?

Black-Balled
10-25-2017, 01:12 PM

Of course machinehead-giver cares...every post he's made serves to fan the flames.

Michael riddick/ ram shot/ 8ballr/ brags and who knows how many other banned IDs is happy to be part of shining the light elsewhere.

justinb386
10-25-2017, 01:50 PM
It made me giggle and for that I applaud him.

I could care less about his persona or his cue dealings.

Thats funny right there, I dont care who you are.

Lord I appolog.....

Yeah, all of that writing just made me think of that video about Little Finger on Game of Thrones, lol.

Mr. Bond
10-25-2017, 01:55 PM
Justinb386,

Please reread my posting above carefully. Nowhere am I questioning where Justinb386 gets his money from. I am questioning why Justinb386 has continually claimed to have little or no money and can only afford a cue of $200 at the most when facts have come to light which show otherwise. Hopefully, you are familiar with Justinb386’s posting history.

I am assuming both my and mchnhed’s base question is the same here: Why does Justinb386 continue to claim and use lack of money to elicit sympathy from AZB readers, when it appears he actually does have funds to support his cue purchases? Real facts from the real world have collided with Justinb386’s persona and appear to contradict his persona’s continual assertions of always having little or no money.

Where the money came from is not at issue for me. Continuing to claim something that has been shown to be otherwise is the issue here.

Justinb386 has a decision to make. Either alter his persona’s attribute of always being too broke to buy a decent cue or have this detail thrown at him ad infinitum for the next 20 threads and run the risk of many more AZBer’s reacting in the same way as mchnhed has.

This is far from the first time posters have confronted Justinb386 regarding the contradictions inherent in his persona’s personality.

I’ve been dying to do a simple analysis of Justinb386’s texts (threads and postings) for about 3 months now, so let me explain. Maybe 7 years of occasionally, but not always, following Justinb386’s texts at work and (almost) always being entertained by them has given me ample time to analyze the persona he has constructed for his AZB audience and what motivates him to present his persona in the way he does.

So I says to myself, I says, “Screw it, I’m gonna do it, even if I’m the only one who finds it interesting.”

This analysis is based only on Justinb386’s text, not any speculation about what Justin really is like. He could be a banker in his day job for all I know. I could care less because as I stated before: we’re all unreliable narrators here. So I’m doing nothing more than any of you do each time you respond to someone else’s posting: you analyze the text and respond to it in one fashion or another. The person who wrote the text is somewhere, but he’s not the text or even in the text. It’s impossible to discover who someone really is by just reading what they wrote.

Speculating on what the writer of a text is really like is an exercise in futility; however, speculating on the character representing the writer in the text is open game for me. You wrote it, I own it, once you release it. Same with what I write. That’s why there’s a button on the bottom each posting that says, “Post Reply”.

Let me start by saying I fall in the camp that believes Justinb386 (the writer of the texts) is no dummy. I have joked about Justinb386 being a genius at his manipulative techniques in the past. In my opinion, he has quite a sharp mind. He has an exceptional ability to control the effects his writing has on his readers. Whether this is consciously controlled by him or not, I don’t know. But he is aware of his own manipulative abilities as a writer. That’s a good thing. All communication is manipulation. Some communicators have a greater and more conscious control of it than others. His persona’s primary purpose is hold and maintain our interest and feed our attention to his ego. And there’s nothing wrong with that—it’s a good gig if you can get it.

Justinb386’s persona is intriguing to most of us because he purposefully cloaks himself in mystery and intrigue, and subtle contradictions. His persona’s characteristics just don’t make sense sometimes. And if his persona suddenly did make sense, we would probably lose interest in him real quick. We just can’t figure him out, just like an intriguing character in a book. His persona’s character flaws actually make his persona more real and human to us—like we’re really getting to know him somehow—he’s not hiding anything, even though he’s hiding everything. And if we guess and question his persona’s flaws long enough, we begin to believe that we may find out who he really is and the secrets behind him.

So inconsistencies in his persona’s character like the fact that he is constantly looking for a cue he can’t afford, despite our best efforts to avoid it, actually draw us into a sympathetic relationship with his persona. The Holy Grail.

His insistence that he has never bought a single cue with the intention of flipping it when all indications point to the opposite is a tough one for me. I am not sure if that is an endearing characteristic other than it helps support his claim of never having enough cash to buy the cue he really wants. This one I think he continues to insist upon because it too contributes to the mystery of his persona’s character.

You will notice that Justinb386 never ever explains or answers to us why these situations exist. When these predicaments are questioned by fellow posters, Justinb386 always has some answer, but never answers the question. Then he sidetracks the question by answering a non-existent question and re-routing the answer to respond to an issue more favorable to developing his persona. This is also why Justinb386 neither acknowledges nor refutes another poster when he is being confronted by a hostile poster who is demanding to know what he is really like—he has the ability to separate himself from his persona and let the persona do the manipulating. Even to deny the hostile poster’s accusations limits the possibilities which help to contribute to his persona’s mysteries. Pure Genius! That is why Justinb386 is a Teflon Don—all the negativity just bounces off him because he knows he’s not his persona. He just reaps the attention that his persona creates for him and tosses away the negativity.

I personally find the continuing sage of Justinb386 very entertaining.

I see you do to, eh?

Soooo . . . what draws a swell fellow like you into these threads?
(Sorry, couldn’t resist!)

its a tiny bit scary that you gave it (him) this much thought and this much typing, however, its what ive been thinking all along and its baffling to me that more people have not picked up on English! and his pseudo intellectual mind game. its funny because sometimes you can actually see how hard he is trying to not act like his other username(s).

roses are red
violets are blue
I'm schizophrenic
and so am I

Kickin' Chicken
10-25-2017, 02:38 PM
could Slim Limpy be justin? :eek: :confused: :shakehead: :scratchhead: :rotflmao1: :kma::poke: :yeah: :shocked2:

Dave-Kat
10-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Banned, fake chumps playing the 'net' game. So Sad :outtahere:

-Late,

mchnhed
10-25-2017, 03:56 PM
Of course machinehead-giver cares...
every post he's made serves to fan the flames.

Michael riddick/ ram shot/ 8ballr/ brags and who knows how many other banned ID’s, he is happy to be part of shining the light elsewhere.
B-B, wrong again....
I have never had any other ID than mchnhed. (I like how you used my sign-on, funny.)
Ask the Moderators if I am who I say I am.

I’ve posted my DL, my Facebook page and posted my picture to prove it.

BTW: When are we going to do a Century together?
Give me your Strava link.

lorider
10-25-2017, 04:18 PM
Wow this thread took a change of course.

It was sailing along on the subjects of waffles.....waffle cones ..Doritos and schons.

Then along comes mcnhned and sends it spiraling into the crapper. All because a seller backed out on him while he was taking a dump.

Then slim limpy practically writes a book on here about justins perceived personna and tells Justin to spill the beans on where he got an extra 75.00 than he usually has to buy a cue or feel the wrath of every one posting on here.

Damn....un frikin believable

Sweatin'
10-25-2017, 04:33 PM

It was sailing along on the subjects of waffles.....waffle cones ..Doritos and schons.

Then along comes mcnhned and sends it spiraling into the crapper. All because a seller backed out on him while he was taking a dump.

Then slim limpy practically writes a book on here about justins perceived personna and tells Justin to spill the beans on where he got an extra 75.00 than he usually has to buy a cue or feel the wrath of every one posting on here.

Yeah, but it's some fine entertainment!

pt109
10-25-2017, 04:49 PM
To get back to the ‘emanating insanity’ theme of this thread.....
...there are worse things than being insane.

A little story to emphasize this point...

A man has a flat tire on a country road that borders an insane asylum....
..he jacks up the car and takes off the tire while an inmate watches him intently from
behind the heavy duty security fence.

When he puts the spare on....he can’t find the nuts...they’ve rolled off into a deep ditch
with mud, water, and weeds at the bottom....he throws his hands up in despair.
The inmate says to him “Why don’t you take one nut off the other three wheels?...
..that way you can drive to a garage and replace the missing ones.”

The guy says “Well, that’s just brilliant...if you’re that smart, why are you in there?”

The inmate says “I’m in here for being crazy, not stupid.”

So being insane isn’t the worst thing....being a moron is...it implies hopelessness.
...but not to worry...most of the moronic things we do come from an intellectual laziness..
...rather than an incapacity to think.

So go a little crazy once in a while...you may have an epiphany.

pt...finds typing awkward with these constraints

Straightpool_99
10-25-2017, 04:56 PM

Well, it's become clear that Justinb is a manipulative troll and that a lot of others are just bored out of their little minds and some clearly aspire to become psychologists. I've spent half the day looking for a second hand straight jacket on Ebay and the other half trying to look up how to type in a straight jacket. I see Pt outbid me, though.

If any of you could see your way to buying me a Micarta ferrule Joss West and a buss pass for the poolhall, I think I could get good enough to beat my dad at 8-ball, should he come back from the dead and take up pool, though a Cuetec may suffice.

Insanely yours, Straightpool_99

RiverCity
10-25-2017, 05:06 PM

You aint seen nothin yet....... :thumbup:

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/xICWL.gif

Poolplaya9
10-25-2017, 05:31 PM
Justinb386 now has to deal with the fact that his persona indeed does have more money in reserve to use for a cue than he has historically claimed. His persona must somehow account for this. It’s destroys the value of his constant plea for sympathy since this constant claim of lack of money now holds no water.
You missed my point. Having an extra $75 dollars one time doesn't mean you are no longer a poor person as you argued. You are also not considering that even if he has permanently moved from $200 cues to $300 cues that still doesn't mean that you are out of the poor category as anyone who can only consider $300 cues is probably pretty poor especially when they are selling the last one every time and never own more than one at a time. Not to mention that I don't think his spending limit has even really even increased as you proclaimed because as I recall he has bought cues in the $300 range all through the years (although at times he has limited himself to less than that as well).

For instance, a couple of threads ago Justinb386 mentioned off the cuff (sorry, I don’t remember the exact scenario) about how he couldn’t afford a cue because it cost $20 a day to eat junk food, or something similar.
I saw that also and unlike the argument you previously made this is the one that you should be making instead as this one actually holds water IMO. Anybody that can afford $20 in junk food every day is not deserving of welfare, whether it be food stamps, or whether it be a sympathy price break on a pool cue, or any other kind of welfare. Someone on food stamps for example has no business whatsoever having the latest greatest iphone, or a newer car, or be going out to eat or to the movies or anything similar weekly or more, or eating $20 of junk food a day, etc, and the same thing goes for someone getting sympathy price breaks on cues. If you can afford any of those or similar things then you haven't been ethical and responsible enough to prioritize appropriately along with then making the necessary sacrifices long before you were willing to accept financial assistance from others regardless of amount or form and you should therefore not be getting any assistance.

lorider
10-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Well, it's become clear that Justinb is a manipulative troll and that a lot of others are just bored out of their little minds and some clearly aspire to become psychologists. I've spent half the day looking for a second hand straight jacket on Ebay and the other half trying to look up how to type in a straight jacket. I see Pt outbid me, though.

If any of you could see your way to buying me a Micarta ferrule Joss West and a buss pass for the poolhall, I think I could get good enough to beat my dad at 8-ball, should he come back from the dead and take up pool, though a Cuetec may suffice.

Insanely yours, Straightpool_99

Look....my comments are obviously being misinterpreted as defending Justin. That is mot the case at all. I personally dont care for his posting style but that does not mean I have a right to belittle him. In other words I am not speaking up for Justin but speaking out against the too personal attacks against him.

I am not going to speculate whether he is a genius or completely looney toons . No one on here has a right to speculate that topic on here.

Mchnhed ' post was completely out of line and his story his does not add up.

He claims he was the first one in line to buy a cue. Then claims he went to take a dump while waiting on the seller to email him an invoice. Why was the seller going to send him an invoice but refused to send one to some one else ?

Why blame Justin for the seller backing out at the last minute and selling it to some one else instead ? I read there were other parties also interested in the cue and I seems to me he backed out and sold it to some one else that offered more.

Them mchnhed demands to know where Justin got another 75.00 than he usually says he has to spend on a cue. Its neither his or slim limpys business where he got that 75.00.

Shit like that just don't fly with me so i speak up..

There are some darn good hearted posters on this forum and very knowledgeable ones also that i have learned things from. I think I just need to tale a break from this place.because some are making it hard to enjoy reading things I am interested in.

Yea I know.....don't let the door hit me in the azz on the way out..

HUKIT
10-25-2017, 05:53 PM
We can’t go back to arguing over is pre-flag Masters better? This seems like a witch hunt which isn’t fair no matter who the target is...

Rico
10-25-2017, 06:34 PM
I believe the waffle with a low digestion shaft on a 7ft but ill take the schon on a 9or10 ft.

jimmyco
10-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Low digestion derailed this already runaway train. Taking a dump in the middle of negotiating. Who friggin' does that?

Z-Nole
10-25-2017, 06:58 PM
Low digestion derailed this already runaway train. Taking a dump in the middle of negotiating. Who friggin' does that?

Who has to stop negotiating to drop the kids off at the pool? What,
he doesn't have an Ipad?

BmoreMoney
10-25-2017, 07:08 PM

Hey, when ya gotta go u gotta go!!! Lol

mchnhed
10-25-2017, 10:24 PM
Who has to stop negotiating to drop the kids off at the pool?
What, he doesn't have an Ipad?
I apologize for my having Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

I’ve been eating hot pockets and hungry man frozen TV dinners lately because I can’t afford to buy real food.

I know I should eat better but I seem to always fall back into debt and have to resort to the dollar menu at Jack in the Box.

I wish I could afford an iPad but I’ve been using the PC at the library and my bowels were growling at me and I was having gas cramps with some anal leakage.

If you know of someone who has an old iPad that they are not using I would be interested in using it. I would treat it real nice and could pass it on or return it after I get some money saved up.

Thank you for your understanding. I know I’m not very good at talking with you guys because I’m not very educated. Let me know about the iPad.

mchnhed
10-25-2017, 10:43 PM

I love waffles!

Then along comes mcnhned and sends it spiraling into the crapper (Pun?) All because a seller backed out on him while he was taking a dump.

BmoreMoney
10-25-2017, 11:13 PM

Gotta love the waffle house, especially right after 2 am 😊

Slim Limpy
10-25-2017, 11:16 PM

justinb386
10-25-2017, 11:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9nudSkPOiI

Straightpool_99
10-26-2017, 06:27 AM
Look....my comments are obviously being misinterpreted as defending Justin. That is mot the case at all. I personally dont care for his posting style but that does not mean I have a right to belittle him. In other words I am not speaking up for Justin but speaking out against the too personal attacks against him.
For what it's worth I agree that people have gone way to far.
I am not going to speculate whether he is a genius or completely looney toons . No one on here has a right to speculate that topic on here.
Well, his mental state really isn't all that interesting. It would be interesting to know for sure wether he was genuine or just a troll, but I feel I know that now so...
Mchnhed ' post was completely out of line and his story his does not add up.
As far as I'm concerned they are both trolls.
He claims he was the first one in line to buy a cue. Then claims he went to take a dump while waiting on the seller to email him an invoice. Why was the seller going to send him an invoice but refused to send one to some one else ?

Why blame Justin for the seller backing out at the last minute and selling it to some one else instead ? I read there were other parties also interested in the cue and I seems to me he backed out and sold it to some one else that offered more.

Them mchnhed demands to know where Justin got another 75.00 than he usually says he has to spend on a cue. Its neither his or slim limpys business where he got that 75.00.
It's pretty comical if you ask me. Penny detectives and milkman psychiatrists as far as the eyes can see. I guess you can't complain about the quality of trolling, though, since he clearly got to you.
Shit like that just don't fly with me so i speak up..
Well, I can respect the sentiment, having fallen for Justinb's spiel myself, but trust me he doesn't need to be defended. Doesn't mean it's not despicable to act the way some people are, but it's the truth none the less.
There are some darn good hearted posters on this forum and very knowledgeable ones also that i have learned things from. I think I just need to tale a break from this place.because some are making it hard to enjoy reading things I am interested in.
Seriously, don't read threads you know are going to piss you off.
Yea I know.....don't let the door hit me in the azz on the way out..

There are threads here you can learn from, and there are threads created by- and responded to by trolls. Whenever someone creates a thread about Justinb, it's completely safe for you to ignore it. Nothing of value is written within. Some people create "characters" and then play them off, even against other characters they created, in some twisted form of personal entertainment. I've given up trying to understand what makes people tick long ago, some people are just screwed up in the head. Be glad they are spending their time in the basement on Azb, rather than doing more sinister things. I suggest you merely acknowledge that and move on to threads you can enjoy.

I know it can be infuriating that you give honest, genuine responses to people who are merely acting out a role in their own twisted play, I've been there many times,
even with Justinb. I suggest not getting emotinally invested in posters like that. Every post you make, in support or attack of them,lets them feel important and gives them a sense of superiority.

cardiac kid
10-26-2017, 07:49 AM
There are threads here you can learn from, and there are threads created by- and responded to by trolls. Whenever someone creates a thread about Justinb, it's completely safe for you to ignore it. Nothing of value is written within. Some people create "characters" and then play them off, even against other characters they created, in some twisted form of personal entertainment. I've given up trying to understand what makes people tick long ago, some people are just screwed up in the head. Be glad they are spending their time in the basement on Azb, rather than doing more sinister things. I suggest you merely acknowledge that and move on to threads you can enjoy.

I know it can be infuriating that you give honest, genuine responses to people who are merely acting out a role in their own twisted play, I've been there many times,
even with Justinb. I suggest not getting emotinally invested in posters like that. Every post you make, in support or attack of them,lets them feel important and gives them a sense of superiority.

Tap, tap, tap!!!!!!

Lyn

Black-Balled
10-26-2017, 07:52 AM
Tap, tap, tap!!!!!!

Lyn

Good eye...i concur.

alphadog
10-26-2017, 07:57 AM
Tap, tap, tap!!!!!!

Lyn

I am tapping with you bro:cool:

justinb386
10-26-2017, 08:49 AM
Why is it that most people on facebook (OBM Discussion Group) are so much more friendlier, and nicer in their replies? They have always been really nice, and cool when I asked any type of question. Why are you guys on here so different? Is this just the perfect place for all of the nasty and hateful people come to post their comments (because there are no admins who care about what is right or wrong on here, and they themselves have their own bad way of thinking, that is very similar to most of everyone else who posts regularly on here)? I do not get it. Why are all of these nasty and hateful replies allowed? Why are people not being banned left and right on this forum? If you guys would go back and read the rules, and go by them, then this would be a much nicer place.

couldnthinkof01
10-26-2017, 09:07 AM
B- holes and opinions.
We all have them.
Some may be mute.
Some may have cholostmy bags.
But EVERYONE is full of $h!+

mchnhed
10-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Why is it that most people on facebook (OBM Discussion Group) are so much more friendlier, and nicer in their replies? They have always been really nice, and cool when I asked any type of question.
Give them time to get to know you.

Why are you guys on here so different?
We’ve gotten to know you.

I do not get it.
We don’t get you.
How is that Mezz Cue that you bought? Do you like the taper?

Koop
10-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Why is it that most people on facebook (OBM Discussion Group) are so much more friendlier, and nicer in their replies? They have always been really nice, and cool when I asked any type of question. Why are you guys on here so different? Is this just the perfect place for all of the nasty and hateful people come to post their comments (because there are no admins who care about what is right or wrong on here, and they themselves have their own bad way of thinking, that is very similar to most of everyone else who posts regularly on here)? I do not get it. Why are all of these nasty and hateful replies allowed? Why are people not being banned left and right on this forum? If you guys would go back and read the rules, and go by them, then this would be a much nicer place.

Here there is anonymity and on FB it's almost always the actual person and you know who you are dealing with.

mchnhed
10-26-2017, 05:35 PM
Sorry to ask........
What is tap, tapping?

I am tapping with you bro:cool:

Tap, tap, tap!!!!!!

Lyn

Kickin' Chicken
10-26-2017, 06:20 PM
Sorry to ask........
What is tap, tapping?

you may see this in poolhalls usually more from the oldtimers (like me) acknowledging a great shot from your opponent by tapping the bottom of your cue 3 times on the floor, tap, tap, tap.

A custom I hope will continue on forever, btw. :)

So it's been adapted here electronically to acknowledge a great post.

best,
brian kc

Cuebuddy
10-26-2017, 06:29 PM
you may see this in poolhalls usually more from the oldtimers (like me) acknowledging a great shot from your opponent by tapping the bottom of your cue 3 times on the floor, tap, tap, tap.

best,
brian kc

Brian we don't see it as much in Colorado but there are a few who tap cues or snap fingers three times. Last July I was at Amsterdam's and the young crowd had picked it up and were over using it. Like you said it is meant for your another players "great shots".

alphadog
10-26-2017, 06:40 PM
Carom players lightly tap.tap.tap chalk on side of cue. Preserves the library like atmosphere.

justinb386
10-26-2017, 06:54 PM

best,
brian kc

Fats did it after Fast Eddie made a great shot in, The Hustler. Tap tap tap.

SARDiver
10-26-2017, 07:47 PM

best,
brian kc

In the California pool halls, I hear that the "tap-tap-tap" is now considered "triggering".

They use "jazz hands" for a great shot.

Slim Limpy
10-27-2017, 12:44 AM

BmoreMoney
10-27-2017, 06:00 AM
Blackie ! What u do!!!!! Lolol. Don't know about the machine but somebody ACTUALLY accused me of being somebody else before lololololololl! Oh well. No worries, dogs are off and good detective work Bro lol.

mchnhed
10-27-2017, 06:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9nudSkPOiI
Here’s justinb386’s latest purchase of a Mezz Cue on OBM.
His being “poor” routine is now totally shattered.

Justin Bryson on OBM: Here is a picture of the Mezz cue, that I am getting in the mail (hopefully soon). I do not know anything about the cue, but I really love the looks of it. I think I got it for a very fair price. I have no idea on the value of the cue though.

Kickin' Chicken
10-27-2017, 06:46 AM
I know that slim limpy, jay helfert and black balled are def justinb386.

I'm pretty sure jasonlaus, JB Cases, Mr. Bond, and pt109 are also all justinb386.

AZHouse Pro is another I suspect.

And me, kickin' chicken is like a 50/50 possibility.

proceed with abundant caution. :eek:

best,
brian kc <------- maybe, maybe not...

GoldCrown
10-27-2017, 06:53 AM

I'm pretty sure jasonlaus, JB Cases, Mr. Bond, and pt109 are also all justinb386.

best,

I am Spartacus. I'm am Spartacus.

SARDiver
10-27-2017, 07:07 AM
I am Spartacus. I'm am Spartacus.

I'm Gold Crown.

I'm also Goldfinger, Goldmember, and Goldilocks.

cardiac kid
10-27-2017, 07:29 AM

best,

Brian,

That is not going to work. I've met you. You can't fool me. I think!!!!

I've been accused of being other personas. Deny, deny, deny!

Lyn

Cuebuddy
10-27-2017, 07:39 AM

best,

I am glad you left me off your list Brian(or what ever your name is)that's the last thing I need is to get kicked off of this board(it actually means a lot to me).

pt109
10-27-2017, 08:31 AM
I am glad you left me off your list Brian(or what ever your name is)that's the last thing I need is to get kicked off of this board(it actually means a lot to me).

I think it’s strange that a person could have a cue for a buddy.....
...have you spoken to a professional about this condition?

pt...has a ‘68 Joss he sends get well cards to when it needs a new tip

Ched
10-27-2017, 09:03 AM

Justin Bryson on OBM: Here is a picture of the Mezz cue, that I am getting in the mail (hopefully soon). I do not know anything about the cue, but I really love the looks of it. I think I got it for a very fair price. I have no idea on the value of the cue though.

that's actually a damn nice looking cue IMO. But I know .. opinions vary.

Slim Limpy
10-27-2017, 11:52 AM

JoeyInCali
10-27-2017, 12:21 PM

It will be for sale next week.
" The taper not long enough ".

Mr. Bond
10-27-2017, 12:54 PM
Ooo wait can we talk about aiming systems now??

Black-Balled
10-27-2017, 12:55 PM
Ooo wait can we talk about aiming systems now??

See speed control thread currently taking a dynamic path. It will be into systems soon.

Mr. Bond
10-27-2017, 02:38 PM
See speed control thread currently taking a dynamic path. It will be into systems soon.

Just wondering, is black-balled kinda like blue-balled except worse?

justinb386
10-27-2017, 02:48 PM

Thanks. I am really happy. I love the BEM in the cue. I really love the design. This is my 1st Mezz:). I never thought I would own a Mezz.

I still think I would have rather had that Huebler though. That was super sharp looking.

justinb386
10-27-2017, 02:56 PM

Why do you have "Banned" under your name? I see that you are not actually banned.

By the way, I paid $325 for the cue. A lot of guys on here are spending more then that on a single shaft alone. $325 seems to be pennies to most of you guys, and you are going to give me shit for finding a used production cue that I really like?

Who are you? You called me out, so why not identify yourself? There is a reason why people do not act like this on OBM. Because after they get banned, there is no coming back. Once you are banned on a facebook group like OBM, everyone knows you, and there is no signing up under some other name.

alphadog
10-27-2017, 03:08 PM
Why do you have "Banned" under your name? I see that you are not actually banned.

By the way, I paid $325 for the cue. A lot of guys on here are spending more then that on a single shaft alone. $325 seems to be pennies to most of you guys, and you are going to give me shit for finding a used production cue that I really like?

They give you shit cause YOU HAVE IT COMING.

GoldCrown
10-27-2017, 03:16 PM
I'm Gold Crown.

I'm also Goldfinger, Goldmember, and Goldilocks.

My X was GoldDigger....:D

mchnhed
10-27-2017, 04:06 PM
Who are you?
You called me out, so why not identify yourself?
There is a reason why people do not act like this on OBM.
Because after they get banned, there is no coming back.
Once you are banned on a facebook group like OBM, everyone knows you, and there is no signing up under some other name.
I have ID’d myself here twice before.
DL, Facebook Page, Pictures, City, State.
Search AzB for it.

*****Please note that I have only ever had ONE Username here on AZB!

HUKIT
10-27-2017, 04:15 PM
I have ID myself here twice before.
DL, Facebook Page, Pictures, City, State.
Search AzB for it.

*****Please note that I have only ever had ONE Username here on AZB!

Is this the face you made when you’re you didn’t get the cue?

mchnhed
10-27-2017, 04:27 PM
By the way, I paid $325 for the cue.
So....$325 for this Mezz, PLUS the $275 for the Huebler you were trying to get, PLUS you’re looking for a Preditor Shaft?

So much for your being “Broke”!

- - - mchnhed the justinb386 destroyer! - - -

mchnhed
10-27-2017, 04:41 PM
Is this the face you made when you’re you didn’t get the cue?
No, this is face I make when I’m really upset........

Scott Lee
10-27-2017, 04:48 PM
Sorry Walter...no systems. Just a dynamic way to train yourself to have a 'bulletproof" stroke. Speed control is certainly a big part of that.
:thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

justinb386
10-27-2017, 05:34 PM
So....$325 for this Mezz, PLUS the $275 for the Huebler you were trying to get, PLUS you’re looking for a Preditor Shaft?

If I had gotten the Huebler, then I would not have had the money to buy the Mezz, and I never stated that I was looking for a predator shaft. I stated (on OBM) that the Mezz cue I purchased came with a predator Z2 shaft, and that I was afraid that I would not like it, so I was asking for opinions about the Z2 shaft.

Received the Mezz cue today, and there is a roll out in the butt. So now I have a warped Mezz cue. Wonderfull.

justinb386
10-27-2017, 05:38 PM

I purchased the Mezz after I missed out on the Huebler (due to the seller insisting that I pay as a gift payment through paypal).

justinb386
10-27-2017, 05:39 PM
They give you shit cause YOU HAVE IT COMING.

Why is that?

Maxx
10-27-2017, 06:49 PM
If I had gotten the Huebler, then I would not have had the money to buy the Mezz, and I never stated that I was looking for a predator shaft. I stated (on OBM) that the Mezz cue I purchased came with a predator Z2 shaft, and that I was afraid that I would not like it, so I was asking for opinions about the Z2 shaft.

Received the Mezz cue today, and there is a roll out in the butt. So now I have a warped Mezz cue. Wonderfull.

How bad is it, can you post a video?

jimmyco
10-27-2017, 10:45 PM

ur moms must be very proud

jimmyco
10-27-2017, 11:10 PM
I purchased the Mezz after I missed out on the Huebler (due to the seller insisting that I pay as a gift payment through paypal).

I bet that Huebler was dead nuts straight.

Slim Limpy
10-27-2017, 11:20 PM

justinb386
10-28-2017, 03:30 AM
I bet that Huebler was dead nuts straight.

That Huebler was awesome. Four points, with veneers, into a super nice looking BEM forearm. It also appeared to have an Ivory butt cap. If only the seller would not have been so insistent on receiving payment as a Gift, then that Huebler would have been mine. $275 for a Huebler that nice just seemed too good to be true. You do not see Huebler cues like that around every day, if ever.

justinb386
10-28-2017, 03:50 AM
How bad is it, can you post a video?

I am unhappy with the warp in the butt, but I do not know how bad it is. Here is a lousy video I created with my phone camera.

https://vid.me/dxDaN

Still worth the $325 plus paypal fee that I paid, or not? I do not know anything about the cue. Only that it is a Mezz, and has a Predator Z2 shaft on it.

I actually like the hit of the Z2 shaft. Does not seem to hit anything like the original Z shaft.

Sweatin'
10-28-2017, 07:26 AM
I am unhappy with the warp in the butt, but I do not know how bad it is. Here is a lousy video I created with my phone camera.

https://vid.me/dxDaN

Still worth the $325 plus paypal fee that I paid, or not? I do not know anything about the cue. Only that it is a Mezz, and has a Predator Z2 shaft on it.

I actually like the hit of the Z2 shaft. Does not seem to hit anything like the original Z shaft.

Justin, I may have missed it but did the seller disclose this before you bought it?

If not, what has he had to say about it?

If he did disclose it and you just decided to take a chance, I'd live with it. Otherwise, back it goes.

On the other hand you seem to enjoy flipping cues, so no need to let it bother you if you're gonna be thinking about it every time you pick it up. It'll wreck your concentration on your game. It would mine, anyway.

mchnhed
10-28-2017, 08:22 AM
That Huebler was awesome.
Four points, with veneers, into a super nice looking BEM forearm.
It also appeared to have an Ivory butt cap.
$275 for a Huebler that nice just seemed too good to be true.
You do not see Huebler cues like that around every day, if ever.
That H-9 did not have any ivory.
Implex that is ivory colored.

Kickin' Chicken
10-28-2017, 08:35 AM
That Huebler was awesome. Four points, with veneers, into a super nice looking BEM forearm. It also appeared to have an Ivory butt cap. If only the seller would not have been so insistent on receiving payment as a Gift, then that Huebler would have been mine. $275 for a Huebler that nice just seemed too good to be true. You do not see Huebler cues like that around every day, if ever.

Two points:

If I were the seller, I'd prefer to not do business with you because of your track record. I could see, though, the logic in insisting that you pay Friends & Family as a Gift so as to give you no recourse, again, because of your track record.

With all of that said, if the seller of the Mezz cue didn't disclose the warp in the butt and based on the video you posted, it does appear to be warped, then you def should request that he either take it back or make a concession. The other option is that you're happy with the cue as it is and will keep it.

Justin, admittedly, I'm not fond of how you conduct your business but I would not be pleased to receive that Mezz cue myself if it were not described as having that problem.

At the very least you should post a transaction report on OBM on how this cue arrived if the seller doesn't make it right.

all imo, of course.

best,
brian kc

justinb386
10-28-2017, 09:05 AM
Justin, I may have missed it but did the seller disclose this before you bought it?

If not, what has he had to say about it?

If he did disclose it and you just decided to take a chance, I'd live with it. Otherwise, back it goes.

On the other hand you seem to enjoy flipping cues, so no need to let it bother you if you're gonna be thinking about it every time you pick it up. It'll wreck your concentration on your game. It would mine, anyway.

He told me the cue rolled straight, together and apart. I was not going to say anything, because I really like the cue. I just hope that I did not get that bad of a deal. I hope that the cue is still worth at least $300. I have no idea. I figure the z2 shaft is worth at least a $100. Or maybe I can trade it for a Mezz shaft. I just do not know what the cue is worth, or what it retailed for.

justinb386
10-28-2017, 09:07 AM
That H-9 did not have any ivory.
Implex that is ivory colored.

That butt cap looked like it had grain in it. I thought it was ivory .

justinb386
10-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Two points:

If I were the seller, I'd prefer to not do business with you because of your track record. I could see, though, the logic in insisting that you pay Friends & Family as a Gift so as to give you no recourse, again, because of your track record.

With all of that said, if the seller of the Mezz cue didn't disclose the warp in the butt and based on the video you posted, it does appear to be warped, then you def should request that he either take it back or make a concession. The other option is that you're happy with the cue as it is and will keep it.

Justin, admittedly, I'm not fond of how you conduct your business but I would not be pleased to receive that Mezz cue myself if it were not described as having that problem.

At the very least you should post a transaction report on OBM on how this cue arrived if the seller doesn't make it right.

all imo, of course.

best,
brian kc

I did not want to return it, so I just asked him (when he asked me about the cue today) if he would be willing to refund me $37, so the cue would only cost me 300 even, and he agreed, and refunded me 37. Hopefully 300 was not too bad of a deal for the cue. Mezz cues are great cues, and the warp is not that bad, right?

I was not sure what a fair price would be, considering the warp in the butt, so I did not want to request too much of the money back. Maybe the best thing to do would be to just ask for a refund, because I have no idea of the value of the cue (even if it were perfectly straight).

Kickin' Chicken
10-28-2017, 09:28 AM
I did not want to return it, so I just asked him (when he asked me about the cue today) if he would be willing to refund me $37, so the cue would only cost me 300 even, and he agreed, and refunded me 37. Hopefully 300 was not too bad of a deal for the cue. Mezz cues are great cues right, and the warp is not that bad.

The seller of the Huebler did not know anything about me (and my history on this forum) I do not think, so I thought he was trying to scam me out of $275. Any legit seller should be willing to accept payment as Goods, or send an invoice.

Not everyone has your opinions.

Very occasionally someone will ask me to pay F&F and it's because they want to net $xxx, in fact, I had it happen just yesterday. I simply sent the payment via goods and services and added the 3% so the seller netted what he wanted. No fuss, no muss. I protected myself, he got the amount he wanted. Perhaps if you did this on the Huebler cue, you'd be a happy camper. :wink:

best,
brian kc

jokrswylde
10-28-2017, 11:55 AM
I did not want to return it, so I just asked him (when he asked me about the cue today) if he would be willing to refund me $37, so the cue would only cost me 300 even, and he agreed, and refunded me 37. Hopefully 300 was not too bad of a deal for the cue. Mezz cues are great cues, and the warp is not that bad, right?

I was not sure what a fair price would be, considering the warp in the butt, so I did not want to request too much of the money back. Maybe the best thing to do would be to just ask for a refund, because I have no idea of the value of the cue (even if it were perfectly straight).

If I were you, I would be not to worry about if you got a good deal, or the value of the cue. If you like it and play good with it, it is valuable-to you.

If you don't like it ask for a refund. Simple.

Just don't try to flip it for a profit without disclosing the roll out to the potential buyer....

justinb386
10-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Very occasionally someone will ask me to pay F&F and it's because they want to net $xxx, in fact, I had it happen just yesterday. I simply sent the payment via goods and services and added the 3% so the seller netted what he wanted. No fuss, no muss. I protected myself, he got the amount he wanted. Perhaps if you did this on the Huebler cue, you'd be a happy camper. :wink:

best,
brian kc

I explained my concern to the seller, and he still did not give me the option of paying via Goods, plus the 3% paypal fee. It seemed that he was only willing to accept the payment as a Gift. Usually sellers will give you the option to add the paypal fee if the buyer wants to pay as Goods, but this seller did not give me that option.

justinb386
10-28-2017, 12:06 PM
If I were you, I would be not to worry about if you got a good deal, or the value of the cue. If you like it and play good with it, it is valuable-to you.

If you don't like it ask for a refund. Simple.

Just don't try to flip it for a profit without disclosing the roll out to the potential buyer....

I really do like the cue, or I would have asked for a refund. The thing is that I just do not like overpaying for cues. I do not know what the cue is worth.

I think a lot of you guys have me wrong. I am the one that is the victim in these situations. I am the one who is receiving warped cues that were advertised as rolling straight. I always disclose all issues with cues that I sell. In fact, I like to create videos of the cues to show the issues with them. The cues I have sold have always been received as advertised.

Black-Balled
10-28-2017, 12:24 PM
I really do like the cue, or I would have asked for a refund. The thing is that I just do not like overpaying for cues. I do not know what the cue is worth.

I think a lot of you guys have me wrong. I am the one that is the victim in these situations. I am the one who is receiving warped cues that were advertised as rolling straight. I always disclose all issues with cues that I sell. In fact, I like to create videos of the cues to show the issues with them. The cues I have sold have always been received as advertised.

Ok, stop talking about buying and selling cues. Go play with it for a good long while.

mchnhed
10-28-2017, 01:58 PM

jimmyco
10-29-2017, 07:34 AM
I think a lot of you guys have me wrong. I am the one that is the victim in these situations.

Quit buying second hand merch online except from sellers that offer a return option.

No victim, No cry

mchnhed
10-29-2017, 10:31 AM
I really do like the Mezz cue.
The thing is that I just do not like overpaying for cues.
I do not know what the cue is worth.

1998 UJ6
http://www.gosign.ne.jp/billiards-online/mezz/uj-06.htm
78000 Yen = $560 USD
In 2017 dollars = $840

$560 on sale in 1998 is $840 in 2017.

In 2017 a Mezz UJ-6 for $325 with a warped butt, Z2 Shaft, no original shaft is a fair deal.

Now go use it.

There’s a UJ-10 Butt for $500 on Fleabay.

mjkeil62
10-30-2017, 08:17 AM