PDA

View Full Version : All Japan Championship Thread

X Breaker
11-15-2006, 05:43 AM
The All Japan Championship has just started the men's division, and the women's division will start on 16th.

There are a few European players such as Thomas Engert, Ralf Souquet, and Mika Immonen.

Mika had came second in this tournament 4 times already and I am sure he is very determined to win this event.

For the women, Line K. from Norway is here. I will try to get the names of the other non Asian players and post them here in a day or so.

Ronnie Alcano is not here. I guess he is too busy back home.

I will post some pictures in a few days, and try to update you folks on the tournament chart.

Thank you.

Richard

Edit: Pictures can now be found here on www.xtremebilliard.com under "tournament pics"

X Breaker
11-15-2006, 05:44 AM
I forgot to mention that Jennifer Chen is also present in this event, along with Kim White, Ga Young Kim, and Jasmine O. It is nice to see these top players from the WPBA coming to Japan to compete with the Taiwanese and Japanese players.

There is a girl, Angeline Magdalena Ticoalu, does anyone know anything about her?

Richard

X Breaker
11-15-2006, 06:04 AM
I cannot find the name of any US players. Last year, Max Eberle and Bobby Hunter were here.

Bobby Lee Chenman, who was originally from the UK but is now living in Hong Kong is playing, I believe this is his first time playing in the All Japan Championship. Another foreign player is Phil Wilkinson.

Taiwan is represented by many top players such as Wu, Kuo, Chang, and Yang.

I think it is going to be a battle between the European and the Taiwanese, although I would not rule out the Japanese. The defending champion is indeed Japan's own Mr. Okumura, who beat Mika Immonen in the finals in front of a big supporting crowd last year.

MyraCurfs
11-15-2006, 06:38 AM
Hey Nippon this a a thread i started yesterday....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=46324

I would be very pleased if you let us know as much as you can about this tournament, especially because the phones of the europeans are down over there.

MyraCurfs
11-16-2006, 12:45 AM
first round europeans and Kim White, jennifer chen and Ga young kim:

First round
Engert loses
Immonen wins
Souquet wins
Kjorsvik wins
White bye
Kim bye
Chen wins with a donut

Second round:
Engert out of the tournament

The updates in English ar pretty slow! Sorry Mathilda. This is what it
says on the on the hill site: NOTICE: This is not the official site. The cards of Japanese are excluded because this is for the foreigner.If you wanna know all results, please check here(Japanese language). but my japanees is very bad and i can not make any sushi out of it. Even the names of the european players are in Japanees... or the MEzz sign is in there somewhere. Can somebody translate the names for me?

When i takel a look at the pictures i see Wu playing but can not seem to find any results of him!

MyraCurfs
11-16-2006, 02:20 AM
second round
Kjorsvik wins 7-2
Ouschan wins 7-5
Jennifer Chen Looses and has to play later on
Kim White looses and will play tommorow
Gay young kim wins 7-1
and liu shin mei wins 7-0
Immonen wins 9-3
van Corteeza wins 9-0

CrownCityCorey
11-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Why is there no American there?

Did the BCA not choose to have any?

mjantti
11-16-2006, 05:26 PM
second round
Kjorsvik wins 7-2
Ouschan wins 7-5
Jennifer Chen Looses and has to play later on
Kim White looses and will play tommorow
Gay young kim wins 7-1
and liu shin mei wins 7-0
Immonen wins 9-3
van Corteeza wins 9-0

Hey Myra. Thanks for the results. My money is on Mika ! ;)

X Breaker
11-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Sorry, everyone, I was really busy, and my camera had no battery. I will post some pictures tonight.

About Europena players, I heard Thomas Engert has already lost and gone back home.

I was in the pool hall last night, Fu from China was playing a set for 30,000 yen with Chang and then Kuo. 30,000 yen is about a bit less than $300 USD.

Fu is a great potter, he took Chang three sets in a row, but fell short to Kuo.

Jennifer Chen will play her match today at 9:30 am, I am just about to go and watch her play, will keep you all updated on the outcome.

Speaking of Jennifer Chen, there are lots of reporters flying in from Chinese Taipei here trying to find out what actually happened to her. They were snaping pictures of her when she checked in.

Jennifer Chen will hold a press conference in the torunament arena along with her lawyer, translator, and her manager/agent on 19th Nov. It is expected to be a full house. Some reporters are going to come to Japan just for this conference.

I think it is a great idea because so far the reports about her have been hearsay at best in my opinion, since nothing have been confirmed and heard from her side. I will do my best to keep you all updated on the development of this incident.

I am not sure why no US players are present. I know some of them were in Manila and they could have come over if they wanted to. May be there is a conflict of schedule?

Okay, I have to get going. I will talk to you all later.

Richard

X Breaker
11-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Line Kjorsvik just lost her match to China's Ye Si Si 6-3.
Ye Si Si broke, made a bank on the one, jack up drew the three ball, cut a very thin four into the side and ran out the last rack.
WPBA's Kim White won her last match, so did Jennifer Chen. Basically, Line Kjorsvik, Jennifer Chen, and Kim White are on the B side.
On the A side, we have Ga Young Kim, Jasmin Ouschan, Liu Shin Mei, Zhou Meng Meng, Pan Xiao Ting.
Thomos Engert lost to two Japanese players and has flew home already.
On the B side, there are some upsets for the man,
we find Ramil Gallego, Lee Kun Fang, and Lee Chen Man aka Bobby already on the B side.
A good match everyone is waiting to watch is the Lee Ven Corteeza vs Mika Immonen match on the A side later on during the day.
For the European fans, I have a picture of Line Kjorsvik here.
I will update more picture into the photo gallery on my web site soon.
Thank you.

X Breaker
11-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Another one of Line, and Jasmin

X Breaker
11-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Sorry, forgot Jasmin's picture, here it is.

X Breaker
11-16-2006, 09:03 PM
For the fans of Pan Xiao Ting, she is still playing is down now 5-3.

X Breaker
11-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Ga Young is off for the day and will play again tomorrow.
The men's section is starting now, Wu, Kuo, and Chang will all be playing in this round. I have to go.

MyraCurfs
11-17-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanxs Nippon. For her benefit i will post a picture of line because she looks like a jetlagged woman to me at the pictures you posted ( must be because she is)! Nice to see my logo is known in Japan aswell now.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7534/img4476copyoz5.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img4476copyoz5.jpg)

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1695/img4318ly4.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img4318ly4.jpg)

Jasmin won her 3 round match 7-1 and has to play 1/8 final tomorrow. Souquet and Wu just lost their matches and will move to the B-side!

X Breaker
11-17-2006, 01:42 AM
Thanxs Nippon. For her benefit i will post a picture of line because she looks like a jetlagged woman to me at the pictures you posted ( must be because she is)! Nice to see my logo is known in Japan aswell now.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7534/img4476copyoz5.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img4476copyoz5.jpg)

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1695/img4318ly4.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img4318ly4.jpg)

Jasmin won her 3 round match 7-1 and has to play 1/8 final tomorrow. Souquet and Wu just lost their matches and will move to the B-side!

Yes, Ralf and Wu are both playing now. The players from China are quite strong, it is kind of unexpected.

I like Line. Today, she is wearing a very nice black trench coat/Pea Jacket. I like her style and character.

Is "First One" your business?

X Breaker
11-17-2006, 01:44 AM
I have uploaded some pictures in my gallery here:

http://xtremebilliard.com/Gallery10/

Richard

MyraCurfs
11-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Yes, Ralf and Wu are both playing now. The players from China are quite strong, it is kind of unexpected.

I like Line. Today, she is wearing a very nice black trench coat. I like her style and character.

Is "First One" your business?

Yep it's my business.... cq. mine and my partner! so what's up... skype is down and the phones don't work. Did Line win her match in the losersround yet?? Yep and Line is for shure one great pooler with great personality!

Roy Steffensen
11-17-2006, 04:28 AM
No emails from Line today, but yesterday she wrote that the tables are hard to play on, with pocketsize of 1 1/2 ball. It's new cloth then, so with pocket speed it is still possible to cheat the pocket.

Sounded like a good tournament, pity it's hard for non-japanese to be updated... :(

MyraCurfs
11-17-2006, 05:00 AM
No emails from Line today, but yesterday she wrote that the tables are hard to play on, with pocketsize of 1 1/2 ball. It's new cloth then, so with pocket speed it is still possible to cheat the pocket.

Sounded like a good tournament, pity it's hard for non-japanese to be updated... :(

Hey Roy,, she lost her first match today... so at 18.40 ( 10.40 our time) she had to play the one in the loosersround.... I'm at work right now so (the japanese language are all little squares) at home i can read it.... and figgered out who is who... So if we are not updated by then... i'll post it when i get home.

ioCross
11-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Wow that jasmine lady is pretty.

also is Hiroshi Tanakna(spelling error most likely) playing? if so how's he doing?

i had the pleasure of meeting him last year at a regional us open warmup event. nice fellow. i didnt realize he was such a big name pro until i saw him competeing on the international challenge of champions :eek:

Snapshot9
11-17-2006, 06:57 AM
Wow that jasmine lady is pretty.

also is Hiroshi Tanakna(spelling error most likely) playing? if so how's he doing?

i had the pleasure of meeting him last year at a regional us open warmup event. nice fellow. i didnt realize he was such a big name pro until i saw him competeing on the international challenge of champions :eek:

Hiroshi Takenaka

Hiroshi Takenaka is the 2003 International Billiard Council Japan Cup Champion, 2003 Setouchi 9-Ball Cup Champion, 2004 Tokyo 9-Ball Open Champion, 2003 Japan National Champion, and ranked number o*ne. He began playing pocket billiards in 1987 and currently resides in Tokyo, Japan.

--------------- He is one that has knocked on the door a few times. ---

X Breaker
11-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Jennifer Chen is unfortunately out of the tournament, she had a tough loss against a Japanese player called Kyoko Sone.

Kuo and Chang from Taiwan are once again in the pool hall at late hours.

They both played with a young Japanese player called Hayato Hijikata (http://www.hayato-hijikata.com/)

Let me tell you, this kid can break the balls hard, and he has a very fluid and smooth stroke. He was running out left and right and held his ground against the best players from Taiwan.

Tomorrow, Mika Immonen and Lee Van C will play their match to see who will go to the loser side.

Ralf did very well after his tough lost on the A side. He cruised through his next opponent with little problem.

Hiroshi is a JBC player and this tournament is organized by JPBA. I do not believe JBC players would enter a JPBA event.

Atatched is a picture of Ga Young Kim holding Ralf's new Joss cue.

MyraCurfs
11-17-2006, 07:44 PM
to bad Line is out of the tournament she lost to Watanabe.... Jasmin is playing now!

MyraCurfs
11-18-2006, 01:17 AM
to bad Line is out of the tournament she lost to Watanabe.... Jasmin is playing now!

And she won 7-6 through the eye of the needle.....:p Updates for the men still in little squares...so is do not know who is who...

MyraCurfs
11-18-2006, 01:32 AM
4 wins and Last 16 for Jasmin. Knock out stage started!
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/2391/alljapan1yh6.th.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alljapan1yh6.jpg)

MyraCurfs
11-18-2006, 02:10 AM
DAY 4

WOMEN Loser's 5th round:(18 Nov / 9:30-)

K.Shimizu(JPN) 3-7 Hazel Cook

R.Goto(JPN) 6-7 Han Yu(CHN)

K.Watanabe(JPN) 7-2 Line Kjorsvik(NOR)

WOMEN Winner's 4th round:(18 Nov / 11:20-)

M.Muneta(JPN) 7-4 Cheung Pui-Sze(HKG)

Lai Hui-Shan(TPE) 4-7 Pan Xiao-Ting(CHN)

A.Kajitani 3-7 Zhou Meng Meng(CHN)

Jasmin Ouschan(AUS) 7-6 Jung Sung Hyun(KOR)

MEN Winner's 3rd round:(18 Nov / 13:10-)

Yang Ching-Shun(TPE) 9-3 Toh Lian Ham(SIN)

T.Aoyagi(JPN) 6-9 Chan Keng Kwang(SIN)

H.Kitatani(JPN) 3-9 Xu Meng(CHN)

Mika Immonen(FIN) 5-9 Lee Ven Corteeza(PHI)

M.Yamamoto(JPN) 9-6 Lee Haiao-Hsuan(TPE)

Wang Ming(CHN) 9-7 Kuo Po-Cheng(TPE)

Tey Choon Kiat(SIN) 9-8 Chang Pei-Wei(TPE)

Chao Fang-Pang(TPE) 9-2 Lu Hui-Chang(TPE)

MEN Loser's 3rd round:(18 Nov / 15:00-)

M.Matsuno(JPN) 2-9 Fu Jian Bo(CHN)

T.Takano(JPN) 6-9 Lee Gun-jae(KOR)

Liu Wei(CHN) 9-8 Tan Tiong Boon(SIN)

K.Takada(JPN) 6-9 Ralf Souquet(GER)

D.Nishijima(JPN) 7-9 Chuan Chih-Hsiang(TPE)

N.Ooi(JPN) 0-9 Wu Chia-Chin(TPE)

M.Matono(JPN) 5-9 Ramil Gallego(PHI)

WOMEN Loser's 6th round:(18 Nov / 16:50-)

Hazel Cook 7-2 Cheung Pui-Sze(HKG)

Han Yu(CHN) vs A.Kajitani(JPN)

Lai Hui-Shan(TPE) 7-1 M.Ikeda(JPN)

Jung Sung Hyun(KOR) M.Shinada(JPN)

C.Kawahara(JPN) vs Ye Si Si(CHN)

Chou Chien-Yu(TPE) 7-4 K.Yamauchi(JPN)

MEN Loser's 4th round:(18 Nov / 18:40-)

Toh Lian Ham(SIN) vs M.Hoshi(JPN)

Fu Jian Bo(CHN) vs R.Aoki(JPN)

Lee Gun-jae(KOR) vs T.Okumura(JPN)

Mika Immonen(FIN) vs K.Izawa(JPN)

Kuo Po-Cheng(TPE) vs Liu Wei(CHN)

Ralf Souquet(GER) vs Lee Haiao-Hsuan(TPE)

Chuan Chih-Hsiang(TPE) vs T.Yamamoto(JPN)

Wu Chia-Chin(TPE) vs Lu Hui-Chang(TPE)

Ramil Gallego(PHI) vs K.Sekikawa(JPN)

Hoyo
11-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Men - last 16:

Tey Choon Kiat (SIN) 11
Okumura 5

Lee Van Corteza (PHI) 11
Uraoka 5

Akagariyama 9
Chan Keng-Kwang (SIN) 11
(eliminated Ralf Souquet 11:10 in last 32)

Akagariyama 11
Fu Jian-Bo(CHN) 7
(eliminated Yang Ching-Shun 11:9 in last 32)
-----------------------------
Chang Pei-Wei (TPE) 11
Chao Fong-Pang (TPE) 6

Wu Chia-Ching (TPE) 11
Kenji Sekikawa 0

Kuo Po-Cheng (TPE) 11
(eliminated Takahashi 11:6 in last 32)
Mika Immonen (FIN) 2

Xu Meng (CHN) 11
Kenichi Uchigaki 5

=================================================

Women - last 16:

Muneta Mika 4
Hazel Cook 9

Liu Shin-Mei (TPE) 9 (behind 3:8, then 9:8 wins)
Sone Kyoko 8

Kim Ga-Young (KOR) 9
Otani Akio 3

Lin Yuan-Chun (TPE) 9
Japanese 8

Tan Hsiang-Ling (TPE) 6
Ye Si Si (CHN) 9

Pan Xiao-Ting (CHN) 6
Chou Chien-Yu (TPE) 9

Zhou Meng-Meng (CHN) 9
Lai Hui-Shan (TPE) 8

Jasmin Ouschan (AUT) 9
Kajitani Akimi 7

MyraCurfs
11-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Jasmin wins 9-7.... she was behind 3-6! Yeah!!:D

Hoyo
11-18-2006, 10:40 PM
DAY 4
N.Ooi(JPN) 0-9 Wu Chia-Chin(TPE)

After Ooi missed in first rack, Wu run out 8 times. Only 30 minutes.

Hoyo
11-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Men - last 8:

Tey Choon Kiat (SIN) 8
Lee Van Corteza (PHI) 11

Chan Keng-Kwang (SIN) 6
Akagariyama 11

Chang Pei-Wei (TPE) 11
Wu Chia-Ching (TPE) 9

Kuo Po-Cheng (TPE) 11
Xu Meng (CHN) 3
=================================================

Women - last 8:

Hazel Cook 1
Liu Shin-Mei (TPE) 9

Kim Ga-Young (KOR) 7
Lin Yuan-Chun (TPE) 9

Ye Si Si (CHN) 6
Chou Chien-Yu (TPE) 9

Zhou Meng-Meng (CHN) 7
Jasmin Ouschan (AUT) 9

MyraCurfs
11-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Semi final for Jasmin. She is feeling pretty good....hope it works out.....:cool:

MyraCurfs
11-19-2006, 01:52 AM
jasmin 5-1 down makes it 5-5!

MyraCurfs
11-19-2006, 01:54 AM
7-5 for Jassy

MyraCurfs
11-19-2006, 02:02 AM
oh oh 7-7....come on

MyraCurfs
11-19-2006, 02:20 AM
tralalallalalla 9-7 for Jasmin and into the final now!:D :D Is someone watching this..... or shall i just post the final score only?

Hoyo
11-19-2006, 04:05 AM
Men - last 4:

Lee Van Corteza (PHI) 11
Akagariyama 5

Chang Pei-Wei (TPE) 11
Kuo Po-Cheng (TPE) 1=================================================

Women - last 4:

Liu Shin-Mei (TPE) 8
Lin Yuan-Chun (TPE) 9

Chou Chien-Yu (TPE) 7
Jasmin Ouschan (AUT) 9

Hoyo
11-19-2006, 04:06 AM
The Final -
Men -
Lee Van Corteza (PHI) 11-3 Chang Pei-Wei

Women -
Lin Yuan-Chun (TPE) 9-8 Jasmin Ouschan (AUT)

MyraCurfs
11-19-2006, 04:07 AM
to bad.... 3-0 in front.....6-3 behind..... 6-5..... 7-5..... 7-8 in front.... lost 9-8!!

jay helfert
11-19-2006, 04:21 AM
to bad.... 3-0 in front.....6-3 behind..... 6-5..... 7-5..... 7-8 in front.... lost 9-8!!

Thanks Myra,

Looks like the Chinese women play as good or better than anyone on the WPBA Tour. Hope we see a few of them over here. Allison and Karen need to be tested a little more.

MyraCurfs
11-19-2006, 04:28 AM
It seems like everyone is dangerous over there.... just the same as the men! Well it's good for Jasmin to play there.... to be a good winner you need to be an honest looser sometimes!

X Breaker
11-19-2006, 05:01 AM
Congrat to Pei Wei Chang for his second place finish.

Here is a picture of Jasmin and Line for all you European fans.:)

X Breaker
11-19-2006, 05:04 AM
All Japan Champion 2006, Lin

X Breaker
11-19-2006, 05:07 AM
All Japan Champion 2006, Lee Van C.

X Breaker
11-19-2006, 05:10 AM
1st Runner Run, Pei Wei Chang

Chang beat all the best Taiwanese players including Chao, Wu, and Kuo to get to the finals. Congratulation!

X Breaker
11-19-2006, 05:14 AM
1st Runner Up Jasmin. Congratulation!

X Breaker
11-19-2006, 05:18 AM
It was a shame that Mika was knocked out by Kuo. It was a tough lost for Mika.

Mika did not really have much of a chance when Kuo cruised forth with a 7-0 lead right off the gate with six break and run. Kuo only missed one bank shot in the whole match.

Congratulation for Kuo's 3rd place finish.

buddha162
11-20-2006, 02:09 AM
Okay...why is Chang wearing that hideous green vest? He looks like a flight attendant on EVA airlines, lol.

-Roger (politics of color...)