PDA

View Full Version : Left and Right Handed 129 Clearance from Ronnie O

Colin Colenso
11-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Ronnie starts to show his amazing talent toward the end of this clearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEbhqwvD0dU

Colin

Pete
11-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Good stuff Colin:D . Thanks.

Billiardpete out

lbs
11-15-2006, 08:37 PM

Colin
everyone seems to know that he can play left-handed but I still dunno how he develops it.

PS: i remember reading ur guide in a chinese website many months ago about cueing rapidly in order to groove the arm into cueing straight..

Pete
11-16-2006, 08:14 AM
everyone seems to know that he can play left-handed but I still dunno how he develops it.

PS: i remember reading ur guide in a chinese website many months ago about cueing rapidly in order to groove the arm into cueing straight..

What are you talking about with the PS: note? I'm always interested in learning...

Pete

NaturalEnglish
11-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Amazing dexterity! I cut my teeth playing snooker on those huge 6 x 12 snooker tables. Use to play snooker all day then go out to the bars and hustle up the evening party funds on the 3 1/2 x 7 pool tables. After playing snooker all day the pockets on the bar pool table seemed like they were a foot wide. I could make shots blind folded..haha. Those were to good ol days! Table cloth actually had nap! You brushed your hand on the cloth and could see the nap lay down.

predator
11-16-2006, 09:35 AM
I see two new bridges for Ronnie. Open bridge where middle and ring fingers are tucked in like Taiwanese pool star Yang does....and a closed bridge...have never seen one used in snooker before...

lbs
11-16-2006, 05:30 PM
I see two new bridges for Ronnie. Open bridge where middle and ring fingers are tucked in like Taiwanese pool star Yang does....and a closed bridge...have never seen one used in snooker before...
the crazy Alex Higgins was already using it in the 80s.

Craig Fales
11-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Amazing dexterity! I cut my teeth playing snooker on those huge 6 x 12 snooker tables. Use to play snooker all day then go out to the bars and hustle up the evening party funds on the 3 1/2 x 7 pool tables. After playing snooker all day the pockets on the bar pool table seemed like they were a foot wide. I could make shots blind folded..haha. Those were to good ol days! Table cloth actually had nap! You brushed your hand on the cloth and could see the nap lay down.

I love to do that aswell...going from 12ft. to 7ft. is stunning....even on 9's it makes it look so easy.....
________

jay helfert
11-16-2006, 11:28 PM

Colin

Great stuff Colin. Thanks so much. I tried playing on a 12' in China. Helpless does not begin to describe my play.

By the way, did anyone else notice that on the final 7 ball, Ronnie could have easily shot it right handed, but just for emphasis he shot it in lefty to send a subtle message to poor Mr. Cope.

chilli66
11-16-2006, 11:38 PM

You're bringing back all the good memories! Those really were the good old days. Pity I couldn't have played on a 12ft tonight before the weekly tourney.