PDA

View Full Version : It's Kinda Like MONOPOLY

!Smorgass Bored
11-15-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm working on a board game that's kinda like Monopoly, except that you start with $3,000,000 and the object of the game is to KEEP as much of your money as possible.

Instead of game pieces like the shoe, thimble, racecar and the iron,etc. , you get a cuestick, rack, 8 ball, chalk,etc. You roll the dice and move around the board.

When you pass GO, you don't collect $200. Instead, you must pass GO five times and then you will receive your $200 in payments of 11% until Paid In Full.

Instead of cards marked Community Chest and Chance. You get Excuse cards and Announcement cards.

You don't get a "Get Out of Jail FREE" card, but you DO get a "Send A Co-Worker To Jail" card.

You don't build Houses & Hotels on your property, but you set up luxurious Buffets & Massages.

You don't buy property like Park Place & Boardwalk, but you try to set up Pool Tournaments instead.

If you happen to get sick while playing this game, I'm certain that there is a Natural Cure for you in the Directions booklet. I haven't worked out all the wrinkles yet. One big problem that I'm experiencing is that the game never seems to END.

I also haven't come up with a catchy name for this game (one that's not already taken). What do you think ? How am I doing so far ?
Doug
( I suggest a big bowl of Popcorn while playing )

corvette1340
11-15-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm working on a board game that's kinda like Monopoly, except that you start with $3,000,000 and the object of the game is to KEEP as much of your money as possible.

Instead of game pieces like the shoe, thimble, racecar and the iron,etc. , you get a cuestick, rack, 8 ball, chalk,etc. You roll the dice and move around the board.

When you pass GO, you don't collect $200. Instead, you must pass GO five times and then you will receive your $200 in payments of 11% until Paid In Full.

Instead of cards marked Community Chest and Chance. You get Excuse cards and Announcement cards.

You don't get a "Get Out of Jail FREE" card, but you DO get a "Send A Co-Worker To Jail" card.

You don't build Houses & Hotels on your property, but you set up luxurious Buffets & Massages.

You don't buy property like Park Place & Boardwalk, but you try to set up Pool Tournaments instead.

If you happen to get sick while playing this game, I'm certain that there is a Natural Cure for you in the Directions booklet. I haven't worked out all the wrinkles yet. One big problem that I'm experiencing is that the game never seems to END.

I also haven't come up with a catchy name for this game (one that's not already taken). What do you think ? How am I doing so far ?
Doug

How about "Monotony" or "Colostopy"

rackemfr9ball
11-15-2006, 02:05 PM

Doug

BRILLIANT!! Perhaps the official beverage could be Coffee!? Since it never ends... Monster too.

You can go online with it and charge memberships and additional fees for nonsense. OOOH, run qualifiers! k, ill stop. Good funny post, now if Bernie will only chime in:cool: Love the announcement card. lol

av84fun
11-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Smorg...<<I also haven't come up with a catchy name for this game (one that's not already taken). What do you think ? How am I doing so far>>

Just take a CHAPTER out of certain other BOOKS and use the name Monopoly withour regard to the law...Some rich and famous people do that stuff.

(-:

Roy Steffensen
11-15-2006, 03:48 PM
What about "Real Game"

!Smorgass Bored
11-15-2006, 03:51 PM
I gave serious thought to TEGWAR (The Exciting Game Without Any Rules) ,but it was already taken...
Doug

Stones
11-16-2006, 04:47 AM
How about "PayNoDeau - The Extended Version"? A player would then have to log on and become a member on your website for a nominal monthly fee ( credit cards only) where the true secret of ending the game is revealed under the subhead, "The 11% Solution or The Easy Payment Plan." If a player gets frustrated and wants their money back, you can promise to line them up with a "Ho" which should keep their hopes up and entertained for a while.
The only way I see this succeeding is to market it on late night television under "Paid Programing".
Smorg, if you need a partner, let me know.
I'll fund it for the 2007 Season and even put the money up for the entire season in escrow. Come on, you can trust me.
I think we're talking billions here.

Bigtruck
12-15-2012, 04:03 PM
R.I.P Smorg....Always had a humorous twist to current problems.

Ray

fathomblue
12-15-2012, 06:28 PM
R.I.P Smorg....Always had a humorous twist to current problems.

Ray

Did he pass away?

I didn't know the guy. What's the scoop, Ray?

FWIW, I'd like to see a pool-based board game much like he proposed called "You Got Action!".

Cuebuddy
12-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Did he pass away?

I didn't know the guy. What's the scoop, Ray?

FWIW, I'd like to see a pool-based board game much like he proposed called "You Got Action!".

Yes he did. Smorg was the first person to give me rep and when he passed this forum felt it huge.
He was one of the guys that helped keep order along with a few others that don't come around much anymore:frown:.

Terry A and ShootingArts to name a couple(I hope things are going ok)

Lucky for us that there are a bunch of folks here that have picked up some of their leadership roles.