Mystick Cue Fan
11-15-2006, 06:04 PM
i'm now known as BHQ on az
:cool:

He will be missed......"bows head in remembrance" :(

JoeyInCali
11-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Still same pretty face though.
I wonder which one had more inhaled dust damage.

Hierovision
11-15-2006, 06:06 PM
I can't imagine the joy of creating a piece of USEFUL artwork that someone will enjoy for decades... I will definitely get into the business when I settle into a big house and get myself some equipment.

ragbug74
11-15-2006, 06:33 PM
By looking at your title bar in your posting, you were able to keep your prior "profile" and rep points and just changed your name? How do you go about doing this? Do you have to contact someone at AZ?

Craig Fales
11-15-2006, 06:44 PM
By looking at your title bar in your posting, you were able to keep your prior "profile" and rep points and just changed your name? How do you go about doing this? Do you have to contact someone at AZ?

I think on this site you'll need a mod to change it for you if you want...some let you do it yourself in the usercp...most don't though so to keep track of everyone....
________

Jigger
11-15-2006, 06:49 PM
I like it..... Is there a story / reason behind the new "BHQ" tag?

deadstroke32
11-15-2006, 06:51 PM
i'm now known as BHQ on az
:cool:

Bhq were is my q?

Solartje
11-15-2006, 06:54 PM
good luck m8 with the new name :)

looking forward to work with you on some cues.
cant wait to send you the pics of the cue im buying :D

BHQ
11-15-2006, 07:06 PM
By looking at your title bar in your posting, you were able to keep your prior "profile" and rep points and just changed your name? How do you go about doing this? Do you have to contact someone at AZ? yes, i contacted mr. wilson and he had mike do it.

BHQ
11-15-2006, 07:08 PM
I like it..... Is there a story / reason behind the new "BHQ" tag? just a change .
stix4sale made it appear as if i was a cue dealer.
thought this would give it the personal touch. :)
whatya think??

Craig Fales
11-15-2006, 07:09 PM
I like it...now you need a fancy logo for your cues....:D
________

BHQ
11-15-2006, 07:11 PM
I like it...now you need a fancy logo for your cues....:Dhave the logo. don't know how to get it on the cue!!! :eek:

Solartje
11-15-2006, 07:19 PM
have the logo. don't know how to get it on the cue!!! :eek:

laser burn it? i think it costs around 50$ to have it done. no idea how much the laser itself would cost...
maybe u could use a decal and place it under the finish?

ragbug74
11-16-2006, 06:03 AM
Brent,

There was a thread a while back where someone explained that you can use a transfer/decal material similar to that used on model cars/airplanes. You buy the stock and print the logo on your laser/inkjet printer. Once you apply it to the cue and finish over it, it seemed to look great. I ordered the material, but haven't had time to mess with it yet. You have to buy the stock in bulk (25 pgs?), but if you'd like to give it a try, I'll send you a page.

Ah, here it is....check it out:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=37201&highlight=decal

Let me know!

Mark

ratcues
11-16-2006, 08:52 AM
Does anyone use a rub-on transfer like Predator? Where can I get sheets of that?

Brent,

There was a thread a while back where someone explained that you can use a transfer/decal material similar to that used on model cars/airplanes. You buy the stock and print the logo on your laser/inkjet printer. Once you apply it to the cue and finish over it, it seemed to look great. I ordered the material, but haven't had time to mess with it yet. You have to buy the stock in bulk (25 pgs?), but if you'd like to give it a try, I'll send you a page.

Ah, here it is....check it out:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=37201&highlight=decal

Let me know!

Mark

pharaoh68
11-16-2006, 09:01 AM
(pouring some on the ground)... and one for my homey. Rest in Peace.

ragbug74
11-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Rat,

Provided by Greg/Cue Crazy in the posting I linked above:

http://www.water-decals.com/wood_decals.html

This is where I've ordered the water transfers from, but I haven't had time to experiment with them yet. Greg has reported good results.

They also offer rub-on transfer paper, but I'm not familiar with it beyond what I've read on their website. According to their directions, the rub-on transfer system is a two-layer process where you print your transfer on one sheet, then back it with an adhesive sheet for application. You can check out their website and see their application instructions. It sounds like an additional step over the water transfers and I'm wondering if they may be harder to "hide" in the finish because of the multiple layers.

ratcues
11-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Maybe I'll just order both and play around with them. I mean....its only money, right? Thanks for the info.

Rat,

Provided by Greg/Cue Crazy in the posting I linked above:

http://www.water-decals.com/wood_decals.html

This is where I've ordered the water transfers from, but I haven't had time to experiment with them yet. Greg has reported good results.

They also offer rub-on transfer paper, but I'm not familiar with it beyond what I've read on their website. According to their directions, the rub-on transfer system is a two-layer process where you print your transfer on one sheet, then back it with an adhesive sheet for application. You can check out their website and see their application instructions. It sounds like an additional step over the water transfers and I'm wondering if they may be harder to "hide" in the finish because of the multiple layers.