PDA

View Full Version : Westin Cues? And a broken one last night...

UWPoolGod1
11-15-2006, 06:03 PM
I was curious as to who makes Weston Cues (Sp?) I have only seen a few of them in my life, one was worth $5K and had lots of silver inlayed points. They have the characteristic flared out buttcap. I just hadn't saw one in a while until last night.

I was at a bar where some friends were playing in their county fun league night. A guy was shooting with a Weston and after breaking was walking around the foot of the table. A 50 year old man got hit shoelace stuck on the stool bottom and fell towards the table running into the Westin cue guy and smacking his head on the table. In the process the guys Westin was snapped in two just below the joint. less to say the guy was not happy saying that the cue was worth $2000. They are nice cues but I do not go for the CNC'd rounded points myself but could see where it was an expensive cue. He got the old guys contact info as well as the bar owners so he could try to get money back through insurance or something. Any chance of that happening? His bar insurance paying for a cue?

Mystick Cue Fan
11-15-2006, 06:05 PM
I was curious as to who makes Westin Cues (Sp?) I have only seen a few of them in my life, one was worth $5K and had lots of silver inlayed points. They have the characteristic flared out buttcap. I just hadn't saw one in a while until last night.

I was at a bar where some friends were playing in their county fun league night. A guy was shooting with a Westin and after breaking was walking around the foot of the table. A 50 year old man got hit shoelace stuck on the stool bottom and fell towards the table running into the Westin cue guy and smacking his head on the table. In the process the guys Westin was snapped in two just below the joint. less to say the guy was not happy saying that the cue was worth $2000. They are nice cues but I do not go for the CNC'd rounded points myself but could see when it was an expensive cue. He got the old guys contact info as well as the bar owners so he could try to get money back through insurance or something. Any chance of that happening? His bar insurance paying for a cue?

Sounds like a Perry Weston cue. I doubt insurance will cover it unless he has his own for the cue itself.

Tony

cubswin
11-15-2006, 06:07 PM
I was curious as to who makes Westin Cues (Sp?) I have only seen a few of them in my life, one was worth $5K and had lots of silver inlayed points. They have the characteristic flared out buttcap. I just hadn't saw one in a while until last night.

I was at a bar where some friends were playing in their county fun league night. A guy was shooting with a Westin and after breaking was walking around the foot of the table. A 50 year old man got hit shoelace stuck on the stool bottom and fell towards the table running into the Westin cue guy and smacking his head on the table. In the process the guys Westin was snapped in two just below the joint. less to say the guy was not happy saying that the cue was worth $2000. They are nice cues but I do not go for the CNC'd rounded points myself but could see when it was an expensive cue. He got the old guys contact info as well as the bar owners so he could try to get money back through insurance or something. Any chance of that happening? His bar insurance paying for a cue?

Could've been a skip weston or perry weston cue. Are you sure of the spelling?

Mystick Cue Fan
11-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Could've been a skip weston or perry weston cue. Are you sure of the spelling?

Flared buttcap is most likely a Perry Weston cue.

UWPoolGod1
11-15-2006, 06:09 PM
yeah I think it was a Weston. Probably Perry looking at his website.
Perry Weston Cues (http://www.perrywestoncues.com/service.html)

ridewiththewind
11-16-2006, 02:21 AM
From the description, it was definitely a Perry Weston cue. He uses the flared buttcap and alot of silver work in his cues. Most all of his cues are CNC'd work, which is not to imply that it's a bad thing...he just does alot of 'floating' work....whereas Skip Weston is renowned for his perfect crispy sharp pointwork...actually everything in Skip's cues are crispy sharp!:D

Lisa

1pRoscoe
11-16-2006, 06:30 AM
You're not talking about Ron's Perry Weston, are you???? I bet he was PISSED!!!!!!