PDA

View Full Version : updates from the viking event?

bignasty
11-15-2006, 11:03 PM
just got off the phone with shane he beat gabe in the first round! lil jon and shane tangled last nite. shane got the goods! he is playing slivka tomorrow night for some serious goods!rumor has it that nr. schmidt is there and was offerd a game? NO ACTION! shane feels there could be a major game this weekend! ill keep you posted as he calls! anybody else with any info please get it posted! thanks :D

Varney Cues
11-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Keep us posted.

smittie1984
11-15-2006, 11:42 PM
Stevie Moore and Mark Gregory are playing right now. They are playing 1pocket.

MikeJanis
11-16-2006, 12:40 AM
The action is soo goooood at the event that everyone is in action. Besides the action with the big dogs I even saw an APA Hcp. 6 playing a guy for a G a game in 8-ball. I was standing there drooling. The best part is that the APA player was up 3 games when I left.

If you like to sweat the action you need to get to the POOL ROOM. It's only going to get better as the weekend nears.

Mj

Varney Cues
11-16-2006, 05:03 AM
Stevie win the 1 hole match?

uwate
11-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Thanks alot guys for the action report. Shane must have been giving something to Lil John. I would think at least the 8, maybe the 7?

+Rep is on the way! :-)

(smittie I would give you more but it wont let me)

corvette1340
11-16-2006, 07:15 AM
Thanks alot guys for the action report. Shane must have been giving something to Lil John. I would think at least the 8, maybe the 7?

+Rep is on the way! :-)

(smittie I would give you more but it wont let me)

I heard it was the 8 and the last 3

uwate
11-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the update Corvette1340. +R

corvette1340
11-16-2006, 09:36 AM
How is this for tough action; a buddy of mine that is playing in the tourney told me that the match between Stevie and Mark Gregory was 5 ahead for $5000 in one pocket, EVEN! Mark plays jam up one hole and Stevie doesn't play one pocket, but he was torching Mark when my friend left. Stevie won the first 4 games and Mark had negative balls in two of the games. Pretty damn strong for someone that doesn't even play one hole. I'm not sure whether he won or not , but I assume that he probably did. Also, Josh Arieh had another 3K on the side in that match. I will be there Saturday and might play golf with Corey, Johnny, Gabe, and maybe Schmidt if anyone wants to bet on that action.

smittie1984
11-16-2006, 09:36 AM
Who won the match between Stevie and Mark? I think I saw the second game and Stevie won that. I can't remember how much they were playing for either.

There is going to be some killer action at this event. Especially with Josh Aria there. And with him there you can count on hearing 2 words all night with him. "Bet It"

TannerPruess
11-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Wonder why Schmidt won't play the kid... :D

Gunn_Slinger
11-16-2006, 06:36 PM
No updates?

thebestpoolroom
11-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Mark came back and won the match.

Mj

thebestpoolroom
11-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Who won the match between Stevie and Mark? I think I saw the second game and Stevie won that. I can't remember how much they were playing for either.

There is going to be some killer action at this event. Especially with Josh Aria there. And with him there you can count on hearing 2 words all night with him. "Bet It"

They were playing 5 ahead. Stevie won 4 in a row to be on the hill with the break. Everyone thought it was over. However, Mark came back and won 7 in a row. WOW.

Mark eventually won the set. What a comeback!

John

Gunn_Slinger
11-16-2006, 09:37 PM
John when you get a chance could you post some of the action that is going on.
thank
wish we were there, we had a great time last year

stick8
11-16-2006, 09:50 PM
just got back from a afternoon of good play from all the guyes at the viking, yes mark g, came out winner for 5g, some small action this afternoon from brian t and a kid from chareston, dont know who won, sam took the 8 from the kid and scorched him, saw this young guy from south dakato, he is awsom beat billy b from fla 11-8 good match, some one is going to have to be on their game to beat him---- just old man opinion STICK KYTLE

cueman
11-16-2006, 09:51 PM
They were playing 5 ahead. Stevie won 4 in a row to be on the hill with the break. Everyone thought it was over. However, Mark came back and won 7 in a row. WOW.

Mark eventually won the set. What a comeback!

John
John,
Sorry Israel and I didn't make it. I have been running back and forth to a Cancer Center in Mississippi with my wife. Got back Tuesday night and could shut the shop down these three weekdays. Got to go back Saturday. I haven't been out playing much since she got sick. Tell everyone hello for me.
Chris

bignasty
11-16-2006, 09:55 PM
shane is gonna play silvka in a bit! big goodies!!!!

thebestpoolroom
11-17-2006, 12:54 AM
John when you get a chance could you post some of the action that is going on.
thank
wish we were there, we had a great time last year

Right now Chris "The Miz" Bartram is negotiating a game with Angry for 3 dimes. The Miz gets to play the ghost on a Diamond table that is tighter than your high school girlfriend.

Mj

thebestpoolroom
11-17-2006, 12:57 AM
John,
Sorry Israel and I didn't make it. I have been running back and forth to a Cancer Center in Mississippi with my wife. Got back Tuesday night and could shut the shop down these three weekdays. Got to go back Saturday. I haven't been out playing much since she got sick. Tell everyone hello for me.
Chris

Hi Chris,

It's good to hear from you. We are sorry to hear that your wife has cancer. We hope the absolute best for your wife and family.

John

ribdoner
11-17-2006, 01:08 AM
TIGHT???

Insert finger
" two fingers
" three fingers
" hand
" other hand (I know its hard)
CLAPP---->can't??----->tight, isn't it????

Quick test to see if it was shimmed

MikeJanis
11-17-2006, 01:33 AM
They just started. The Miz from Columbus, OH is playing thye ghost for 2beans per game. Angry from the mean streets of Atlanta is backing the ghost. The Miz won the 1st 2 then lost the 3rd.

One of the gaffs to the bet is that Jason Klatt from Canada gets to break for the Miz. Jason has a fairly powerful break and seems to always make at least 1 ball but leaves at least one cluster.

Whoops, back 2 even.

In the meantime, The HAT, Brian Capps from NC is in the back room playing short races with Brandon Shuff from Toledo, Oh for 2beans per game. Shuff was the winner of last weekends Viking Tour event at Davey K's in Toledo. Being from OH I have seen Brandon Brandon play over the last few years. All I can say is, WOW, his game came a long way. He is beating a guy even who the last time I played gave me the break and 5 out and beat me to death over in Greenville, SC.

In the meantime the Miz is now down 1 game but he has an easy 3 ball out. Seven straight in the corner., stop the CB 8 opposite corner, stop or draw the CB. WHOOPS, the MIZ hung 7. This table might just be 2 tight. The Miz is down 2.

MikeJanis
11-17-2006, 01:40 AM
The Miz lost 7 in a row

MikeJanis
11-17-2006, 02:04 AM
WOW, things change fast. The HAT still has my respect. He came back a few sets and came out on top. After I heard this I wlked around the room and discovered VanBoening playin Cliff Joyner with aspot for only a bill per. I need to go get some sleep, I hope someone can give us an update on what happens in that match.

In other news, The Miz only won 4 games, 2 by combos on the 9 and 2 by running out. He ended up a 10 game looooooosssser.

smittie1984
11-17-2006, 02:15 AM
That place sounds like it is booming. I'm going to try and be there tonight.

Who backed Gregory? I know Josh has been backing Stevie.

MikeJanis
11-17-2006, 03:19 AM
That place sounds like it is booming. I'm going to try and be there tonight.

Who backed Gregory? I know Josh has been backing Stevie.

Rumor has it the the APA 6 (who I found out later is actually a 7) backed Gregory.

When I left the action with the Miz vs the ghost turned out like this.

The Miz whent down 10 games at 2 per then renegotiated and got the 8. Klatt broke the 8 in several time and the Miz just kept running out until Angry had enough and quit winner by 2 games.

The match with Joiner and Shane was still going but I didn't get the score.

NOTE for all the ACTION Bidders, the PLAYER AUCTION is Friday night at 7pm. BE THERE !

The Friday Matches start at Noon and will continue every 2 hours until the HUGE Player Auction Starts on the final 64 at 7pm. After the Player Auction we will see 2 more rounds of play at 8pm and 10pm. I hope everyone gets off their computer and makes their way to the event.

Additional things taking place each night are CUR Raffles and a Raffle for a Brunswick GC IV Pool Table which will be given away Sunday night at the start of the finals at 6pm.

Mj

poolbiz420
11-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Did someone, I would like to say Wensday Night play Lil John, lose like 5 dimes and snap his shaft in the process?

Biz

bignasty
11-17-2006, 08:17 AM
shane won the ring game with duel,watson,crosby and mr.schmidt in it! shane beat mr.schmidt for the goods! he says it goona be an interesting weekend!:cool:

uwate
11-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Great reporting guys, thanks alot!

That Angry White sure gets things stirred up, esp since he can't run out much at all. I was in Atlanta two weeks ago and Angry was stirring it up backing Joyner against SmackMac 11-5. During the match Angry would needle Joyner with remarks like "Cliff you win this and Im taking you to OutBlack or Black Lobster". Angry is quite a character.

TannerPruess
11-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Mike Janis, is there any brackets available? This big event deserves better coverage on the tournament.

Timberly
11-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Great reporting guys, thanks alot!

That Angry White sure gets things stirred up, esp since he can't run out much at all. I was in Atlanta two weeks ago and Angry was stirring it up backing Joyner against SmackMac 11-5. During the match Angry would needle Joyner with remarks like "Cliff you win this and Im taking you to OutBlack or Black Lobster". Angry is quite a character.
Saying Angry "can't run out much" is an understatement! LOL He definitely is a character.

Someone clue me in cause I must be missing something.... I've only ever known Brandon Shuff to live in the VA/MD region and play out of Sterling. Is he originally from OH and I didn't know that or was Janis mistaken and just in bad need of some sleep?? :confused: :p

Gunn_Slinger
11-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Saying Angry "can't run out much" is an understatement! LOL He definitely is a character.

Someone clue me in cause I must be missing something.... I've only ever known Brandon Shuff to live in the VA/MD region and play out of Sterling. Is he originally from OH and I didn't know that or was Janis mistaken and just in bad need of some sleep?? :confused: :p

I thought he moved to florida a few weeks ago. Will ask the slinger when he gets back

Gunn_Slinger
11-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Does anyone have any info on how the tourney is going? Is Earl playing well with others? Is Cliff beating everyone outa their lunch money? Is Slivka winning the big action? Whats going on with Lil Jon ? I thought Chris Bartrums nickname was little bear? WHo the heck gave him the MIZ (already been done).
Come on Mike and John give us some info please and thanks
mrs.g

Timberly
11-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Does anyone have any info on how the tourney is going? Is Earl playing well with others? Is Cliff beating everyone outa their lunch money? Is Slivka winning the big action? Whats going on with Lil Jon ? I thought Chris Bartrums nickname was little bear? WHo the heck gave him the MIZ (already been done).
Come on Mike and John give us some info please and thanks
mrs.g
All I've heard so far is that there's an action table set up and they can't get Lil Jon off of it. :p I haven't heard who he's been playing or for how much, I just know they haven't been able to keep him off of it.

Brandon moved to FL?!?!? :eek: I wasn't able to go to the Tiger Tour last weekend so I'm out of the loop on all the latest with the MV/VA/NJ pool world happenings.

Purdman
11-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Brandon went down to North or South Carolina to spend some time with his dad. I believe that is what he told me about 3 weeks ago on the phone.
Purdman

uwate
11-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Looking to make money while talking in forums? Pretty much can’t go wrong with the link listed down below. You don’t have to spend any money, all you do is chat about whatever you want, and you’ll make money doing it!!! Everyday it shows you how much you’re making, pretty cool! Please use the link below for signing up, as you will then become my referral!!! Thanks.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=fletch86

Mr Wilson can you ban this guy? EVERY SINGLE ONE of his posts is the same, spamming that crap.

!Smorgass Bored
11-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Mike Janis wrote:
Additional things taking place each night are CUR Raffles and.....

Sorry, we aren't allowed to have a dog where we live.
Doug
( thanks to all for Action updates )

thebestpoolroom
11-17-2006, 04:22 PM
All I've heard so far is that there's an action table set up and they can't get Lil Jon off of it. :p I haven't heard who he's been playing or for how much, I just know they haven't been able to keep him off of it.

Brandon moved to FL?!?!? :eek: I wasn't able to go to the Tiger Tour last weekend so I'm out of the loop on all the latest with the MV/VA/NJ pool world happenings.

There are 2 triple shimmed tables that Mark Gregory had just re-done. No one seems to want to get off these tables. The action is non stop. It's been fun to watch.

John

Gunn_Slinger
11-17-2006, 04:55 PM
lost my mind sorry

Gunn_Slinger
11-17-2006, 04:56 PM

He said good bye and said he was moving to Florida, that is all I know:)

Sweet Marissa
11-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Wish I could be there now. Gotta support our troops tomorrow for God Bless Fort Benning; I'll be raffling off free LASIK procedures. I was going to have my doctor perform LASIK (free of charge) for three soldiers, but we couldn't get a medical clearance. That would have been awesome, so I'm a bit disappointed.

See y'all tomorrow night :)

Black-Balled
11-17-2006, 06:41 PM
ANy updates re: Slivka? He has been a monster in 2006.

Gunn_Slinger
11-17-2006, 07:51 PM
There are 2 triple shimmed tables that Mark Gregory had just re-done. No one seems to want to get off these tables. The action is non stop. It's been fun to watch.

John

Gee, could you maybe let us know what is going on?
OR pm me your cell number and I will call you and pass the info on to the board. Man I miss Lamar, if he was still alive he'd be giving us great updates.:(
thanks
mrs.g

sniper
11-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Wow it sounds like there is some incredible action going on! Jason Klatt is a strong young player, not sure how much he gambles though?

Fleece3
11-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Any tournament news??

Are the brackets posted anywhere?

showtime
11-17-2006, 10:12 PM
I played him in a 10,000 first place tournament in canada and he shot lights out. champion material.needs a backer.:cool:

TannerPruess
11-17-2006, 11:41 PM
This is crazy. Huge tournament and very well announced all over the forums and no brackets. Few updates on action, but zilch about the trny. MIKE!!!! :)

Varney Cues
11-18-2006, 12:17 AM
This is crazy. Huge tournament and very well announced all over the forums and no brackets. Few updates on action, but zilch about the trny. MIKE!!!! :)
www.insidepoolmag.com ;)

Sharkeyes
11-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Wow, what an upset with Archer and Stoney's Match! That last game got everyone on their feet. I was surprised that he couldn't get out with 2 balls in hand on the last rack. I guess everyone has a bad day.

Varney Cues
11-18-2006, 12:52 AM
Tony "shrimpboat" Watson....now thats funny!!!:D :D :D

thebestpoolroom
11-18-2006, 02:37 AM
Brackets.

Winners'

Sparky Ferrell
Vs.
Anthony Morgan

John Schmidt
Vs.
Chris Bartram

Corey Deuel
Vs.
Keith Bennett

Stevie Moore
Vs.
Cliff Joyner

Justin Pope
Vs.
Dennis Hatch

Earl Strickland
Vs.
Justin Hall

Tony Watson
Vs.
Stoney Stone

Shannon Daulton
Vs.
Tom Dalfonzo

thebestpoolroom
11-18-2006, 02:46 AM
Left Side Of The Board

Randy Jordan
Vs.
Tony Crosby

Will Bilbrey
Vs.
Brian Capps

Troy Frank
Vs.
Larry Nevel

Jason Klatt
Vs.
Ernesto Contreras

Brandon Shuff
Vs.
Sarah Rousey

John Visotsky
Vs.
David Broxson

Jerry Slivka
Vs.
Monica Webb

Matt Bulfin
Vs.
Ike Runnels

Matt Deck
Vs.
Jim Jennings

Richard Andrews
Vs.
Shane Van Boening

Tommy Ayers
Vs.
Johnny Archer

Richard Broumpton
Vs.
Chuck Dorsett

Brian Tyler
Vs.
Leil Gay, Jr.

Donnie Mills
Vs.
Harold Macabee

Mark Gregory
Vs.
Jesse Middlebrook

Horrace Goodwin
Vs.
Mark Rochester

tedkaufman
11-18-2006, 07:44 AM
Tony "shrimpboat" Watson....now thats funny!!!:D :D :D

Yeah, where the hell did that come from? At least "Shrimpboat" is doing well--final 16.

tedkaufman
11-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Who is Keith Bennett? I see he beat Larry Nevel 11-10. Keith must be a strong talent.

G-UP
11-18-2006, 08:03 AM
GREAT TOURNAMENT!!!
Action is everywhere. Last night Shane V Beat Tony W in 9-ball on the super tight Diamond table. Shane was giving Tony 8 and took 1,500 off of him. Actually he won more than that but, Tony stiffed him on the last game. Shane lowned Tony a hundred earlier in the night so actually he stiffed him out of $400.00 total.
There is a line of folks waiting to play on that Diamond Table. After the match-up with Tony and Shane was over Terry Stewart played someone race to 15 for 2 large. T was getting 4 on the wire. I asked who T was playing before I left last night but I forgot this morning who he was. If any knows who he was please post it along with the turnout of the match. When I left the kid won the firt three and T won the fourth game.

Varney Cues
11-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah, where the hell did that come from? At least "Shrimpboat" is doing well--final 16.
Shrimpboat is what they called him in the article from insidepoolmag.com.

Keith is from NC. He has been matching up against champions ever since he was real young. Keith plays strong indeed...but I would not like his side if he had to play Larry again today.;)

gulfportdoc
11-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Ted, who are the others in the final 16? Do you know? BTW, thanks to TBPoolRoom for the update!

Doc

tedkaufman
11-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Ted, who are the others in the final 16? Do you know? BTW, thanks to TBPoolRoom for the update!

Doc

Doc, just scroll up a few posts. Thepoolroom has them listed.

tedkaufman
11-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Shrimpboat is what they called him in the article from insidepoolmag.com.

Keith is from NC. He has been matching up against champions ever since he was real young. Keith plays strong indeed...but I would not like his side if he had to play Larry again today.;)

Keith must be a good player. No matter, though, I don't know of too many I'd like to beat Larry twice in a row.

tedkaufman
11-18-2006, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=tedkaufman]Doc, just scroll up a few posts. Thepoolroom has them listed.[

Hold everything! LOL Senior moment happening ... That listing I referred to is the final 16 on the Winner's side, not the final 16. Sorry for the confusion./QUOTE]

breaktime2
11-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Just heard from Keith Bennet. He won his match vs Corey 11-10. Keith is sponsored by Break Time Billiards in Wilmington, NC. www.breaktimetenpin.com

An interesting side note. We hold a $250 added nine-ball tournament on the first Tuesday of every month. Keith and Sparky Ferrel are regulars in the tournament. This months tournament featured Keith and Sparky in the final match. sparky won that one. Looks like some great pool being played. Wish I was there.

TheHole
11-18-2006, 10:58 PM
whats the latest word....my buddy just came back from up there and ate lunch with Johnny Archer and John Schmidt(sp)...said it was an incredible tourney!! Our tourney is still rolling with Scotty Townsend in the lead, and he would have been in Atlanta but had jury duty wed and couldn't get there.

Sweet Marissa
11-19-2006, 09:09 PM
I had to take Aaron to the airport so I missed the final match between Stevie Moore and Dennis Hatch, but I hear Dennis beat Stevie twice (11-8, then 11-9) for the win. Great shooting, Stevie, and congratulations, Dennis.

Congrats to Pro-Tyme Billiards for winning the Gold Crown, also.

Dylan
11-19-2006, 09:40 PM
does anyone know how Sparky did?
Dylan

cuechick
11-19-2006, 10:00 PM
he finished 5th-6th. He lost too Johnny Archer in the first round of the final 6.

sidepocketkid
11-19-2006, 10:23 PM
How come noone ever mentioned Dennis Hatch? Even after he wins! He wasnt mentioned anywhere in these posts, and it's not like he snuck up from the losers side!!!

Whats the deal?