PDA

View Full Version : Best hitting one piece cue

UPlayLucky
11-16-2006, 01:42 AM
What is the best hitting one piece cue? I have read, how some cuemakers are looking for a "one piece" hit. Personally, I have never used a quality one piece cue. Most are missing tips, have slip on ferrules along with loose weight bolts, missing bumpers and a shaft resembling superman's chest, "S".

JoeyInCali
11-16-2006, 01:43 AM
Old Brunswick house cues.

skins
11-16-2006, 03:14 AM
i like the old dufferin cues. these cues played real nice.

Island Drive
11-16-2006, 05:40 AM
Heubler has been the only mfg. of this type of cue in the US with quality his concern, supposidly nice points and tho it was a few yrs back I heard around fifty dollars. I would contact them for a list of distributors. Paul said the cost of the set up to make this kind of cue is huge and why no one other than those making box quantities (valley-duffering etc.) do it. good luck

jay helfert
11-16-2006, 05:41 AM
Dufferin made some really nice one piece cues.

ioCross
11-16-2006, 06:10 AM
champion house cues hit the best imo. the taper and the butt feel a lot more like a well made SP then a clunky house cue.

Cornerman
11-16-2006, 07:05 AM
What is the best hitting one piece cue? I have read, how some cuemakers are looking for a "one piece" hit.
IMO, I think this simply means that they want the cue to hit and feel as if it didn't have joint in the middle if the player was shooting with his eyes closed. Most one-piece cues are still two pieces spliced together.

I've never played with a one piece pool cue that felt as good as a well-made jointed cue. But, that has more to do with the fact that I've never had a one-piece cue made to my specifications.

Fred

CaptainHook
11-16-2006, 07:10 AM
Last year for a Doantion to the Senoir Center, one very nice A-Z member donated several brand new Lucasi house cues. Now I have played with Dufferin and Championship house cues and many others I never even knew the brand name of, and I have to say these Lucasi have a great feel and hit to them. Everyone Loves them.:D