PDA

View Full Version : mystery stick needs maker I.D.

12310bch
11-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Mystery stick has two ebony points with four veneers. From outside in they are green, maple, light green, maple.Really nice inlays. The points of ebony and the veneers are very sharp.
The forearm is an excellent piece of birdseye maple of a honey color.The joint collar is stainless steel and the screw seems to be brass.
The wrap is pressed linen which is not lacquered. The butt collar is some sort of black, man made material. There is a white butt cap finishing of the bottom.
There is no name or logo on the stick.
I know one of you guys or girls out there can help me out. I don't have a clue.

spliced
11-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Not sure if this helps but here is an original Ron Haley 2 pointer on ebay... looks similar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Ron-Haley-1991-custom-pool-cue-stick_W0QQitemZ110054238283QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2121 2QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item11 0054238283

Varney Cues
11-16-2006, 09:24 PM
No...
Haley signs all his...plus he doesn't use that little brass pin.
A lot of new unknown makers...looks like you own one.;)

Pinocchio
11-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Who did refinish?

Pinocchio

skins
11-16-2006, 10:13 PM
same bumper as joe gold uses but it wasn't made by him. he might have done some work on it and added a sleeve, bumper and refinish but i would dought it from the pictures because the work doesn't look all that good. but it is a little hard to tell from the pics. if i had the cue in my hands i would know if it was his work. if he did the work it would be as perfect as a cue maker can get it.

12310bch
11-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Who did refinish?

Pinocchio

I don't know who did the refinish. But its a good job and probably recently because of it's good condition.

CaptainHook
11-17-2006, 08:03 AM
I have no clue, I just wanted to say it was a nice looking cue.:D

Jack Flanagan
11-17-2006, 09:20 AM
not knocking your cue or starting a flame war,,,but it looks like some KC cues I have purchased on eBay before,,,some of them have the screw-in bumper, too.

Craig Fales
11-17-2006, 09:34 AM
That's going to be tough to identify unless you happen to come across the person that actually made it...the bumper is Atlas' bumper...the same one I use...I have cues that I sold and never signed or use an indentifying mark...
________

Mystick Cue Fan
11-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Looking to make money while talking in forums? Pretty much can’t go wrong with the link listed down below. You don’t have to spend any money, all you do is chat about whatever you want, and you’ll make money doing it!!! Everyday it shows you how much you’re making, pretty cool! Please use the link below for signing up, as you will then become my referral!!! Thanks.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=fletch86

You looking to shut the hell up? :cool:

12310bch
11-17-2006, 08:08 PM
That's going to be tough to identify unless you happen to come across the person that actually made it...the bumper is Atlas' bumper...the same one I use...I have cues that I sold and never signed or use an indentifying mark...

Thanks for commenting, Craig. Let me ask you a coupla questions. How long has this Atlas bumper been available for use? I personally never saw one before. Also, nobody has commented on the brass pin in the stainless joint. Is this in common use also?

nipper
11-19-2006, 12:37 PM
not a kc cue, i have 2 of their cues 1 has a brass screw =3/8x12 and black collerit is a kc1, 2 has steel pin 5/16x14 and stainless collar not listed on their site but sent to me in error..