PDA

View Full Version : Q-Ball Table

Johnnyt
11-16-2006, 08:18 PM
There was a pool game called Q-Ball that was in the bars in NY and Jersey in the late 1940’s to about the 1960. There was a Q-ball tournament on WPIX in NY every week for awhile. My dad was on it twice. It might have been all over the country in the 1950’s for all I know. I was too young for the road then.

The table was about 3 x 6 and you shot from a spot on the front part of the table. There were nine holes in the table the balls could drop into and a wooden mushroom in front of the 200-point pocket, which if you knocked over you lost all points and had to start over. Each hole had a point value. One 200-point hole, one 100-point hole, two 50’s, one 30, two 20’s, and two 10’s. I believe there were six white balls and one red ball that scored double for you. You put a dime in and there was a timer on it. All balls kept coming back until the gate closed.

Has anyone ever seen one of these tables and does anyone know where one is for sale. Thank you. Johnnyt

Johnnyt
11-16-2006, 09:10 PM
There was a pool game called Q-Ball that was in the bars in NY and Jersey in the late 1940’s to about the 1960. There was a Q-ball tournament on WPIX in NY every week for awhile. My dad was on it twice. It might have been all over the country in the 1950’s for all I know. I was too young for the road then.

The table was about 3 x 6 and you shot from a spot on the front part of the table. There were nine holes in the table the balls could drop into and a wooden mushroom in front of the 200-point pocket, which if you knocked over you lost all points and had to start over. Each hole had a point value. One 200-point hole, one 100-point hole, two 50’s, one 30, two 20’s, and two 10’s. I believe there were six white balls and one red ball that scored double for you. You put a dime in and there was a timer on it. All balls kept coming back until the gate closed.

Has anyone ever seen one of these tables and does anyone know where one is for sale. Thank you. Johnnyt

I guess I'm just too old. But I know they're people on here old enough to remember the table. Johnnyt

frankncali
11-17-2006, 11:54 AM
I was thinking the game or table was called either Pigeonhole Table or
Bagatelle Table.

Type in bagatelle table in Google image search and see if thats what you are taking about.

Lots of mentions online about having a Pigeonhole Table in a bar or pool room but Google images turned up no results.

Heres an image

Johnnyt
11-17-2006, 12:43 PM
I was thinking the game or table was called either Pigeonhole Table or
Bagatelle Table.

Type in bagatelle table in Google image search and see if thats what you are taking about.

Lots of mentions online about having a Pigeonhole Table in a bar or pool room but Google images turned up no results.

Heres an image
Thank you Frank...that's it. The one called q-ball only had one wooden mushroom in front of the 200 hole. I'll google...thanks. Johnnyt