PDA

View Full Version : Battle of US's best Women's Jrs.

SlickRick_PCS
11-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Ok, it has been confirmed that two of America's finest will be competing each other. Anna Kostanian will be battling Mary Rakin for the World 9-ball women's jr. championship. Who do you all think will be the creame de la creame and win it all?

Wally in Cincy
11-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Anna Kostanian is a very good ppayer. If I had to bet I would bet on her

sjm
11-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Anna Kostanian is a very good ppayer. If I had to bet I would bet on her

Me, too, Wally. I think Kostanian has a big edge in this matchup.

Wally in Cincy
11-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Me, too, Wally. I think Kostanian has a big edge in this matchup.

In addition to her skill level I believe her tournament seasoning will be a huge advantage,

OK at the risk of sounding stupid what tourney are we discussing here?

jeez i'm out of the loop :confused:

sjm
11-18-2006, 09:20 PM
OK at the risk of sounding stupid what tourney are we discussing here?

The Southeastern Idaho Ultimate Frisbee Champioonship, of course!

Wally, get some sleep.

SlickRick_PCS
11-18-2006, 09:27 PM
OK folks, I just got confirmation yesterday that Rakin won over Kostanian 7-6... TIGHT GAME INDEED!!

Wally in Cincy
11-18-2006, 09:29 PM
The Southeastern Idaho Ultimate Frisbee Champioonship, of course!

Wally, get some sleep.

Well I assumed it was the BCA junior nationals but I had not seen any info on the site.

I don't have time to keep up with all this stuff.

Thanks.

sjm
11-18-2006, 10:00 PM
OK folks, I just got confirmation yesterday that Rakin won over Kostanian 7-6... TIGHT GAME INDEED!!

Congratulaitons to Rakin. Well played.

ABall
11-20-2006, 03:58 AM
Congratulation to Mary Rakin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of you might not know who she is but, she is a hell of a player. She plays out of my home pool hall: Family Billiards in SF. Good for you, Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rackmsuckr
11-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Congrats to Mary! Interestingly enough, the same results occurred in 2004.

http://www.bca-pool.com/play/tournaments/junior_nationals/2004juniornationalresults.htm

Her whole family plays jam up. I roomed with Michelle at a WPBA event where she played in a N. Cali vs. S. Cali match against our own Melissa Herndon and won something like 9-1. The Rakin kids used to play each other over who had to do the dishes. :p

claymont
11-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Link to story at BD

Billiards Digest Link (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/news/display_article?id=747)

f210
11-20-2006, 02:02 PM
There is an article in AZ billiards saying that Mary Rakin is Filipina-American. It must run in the blood then (lol)... Is she half American or are her parents originally from the Philippines and she was just born in the USA?