PDA

View Full Version : Racking question

Buzzard
11-17-2006, 06:38 AM
I was watching two A+ players in a money game. Player X racked the balls and then walked away from the table for a bathroom break. Player Y did not like the rack and proceeded to rerack the balls, broke and made the 9 ball on the break. Player X, returning at that point, saw Y's break and called a foul. Y broke down his stick and an aregument ensued. They worked it out and replayed the game. Was it a foul??

Black-Balled
11-17-2006, 07:04 AM
Reracker knew just what he was doing. You don't touch the balls unnecessarily, period. A cheep move and he might buy himself some pain with that move too. Not that I care, but who won the$?

Buzzard
11-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Re-racker won the money

Cuebacca
11-17-2006, 05:05 PM
I was watching two A+ players in a money game. Player X racked the balls and then walked away from the table for a bathroom break. Player Y did not like the rack and proceeded to rerack the balls, broke and made the 9 ball on the break. Player X, returning at that point, saw Y's break and called a foul. Y broke down his stick and an aregument ensued. They worked it out and replayed the game. Was it a foul??

Just curious.. how did player X know that player Y had reracked? Sounds like a very bad idea to do anything to any ball without clearing it with your opponent. Its almost guaranteed to cause problems.

I guess the lesson for player X is to use the restroom before racking, or better yet, only use it when he is the breaker. What do I know though, I'm no A+! :)