PDA

View Full Version : The calm before the storm

Da Poet
11-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Things have settled down quite a bit today. A little over two hours went by without a new post from anyone!

Why do I have the feeling something very screwy is about to happen.

Eydie? Are you getting ready to do something here? Any more "IPT Revealed" on the way? :D

KT? You gonna schedule a tournament or something? Post another clumsy email?

It's vewy vewy qwiet awound here. :D

LAMas
11-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Where's 8-Ball Bernie when you need him?

macguy
11-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Things have settled down quite a bit today. A little over two hours went by without a new post from anyone!

Eydie? Are you getting ready to do something here? Any more "IPT Revealed" on the way? :D

Not much to say. They have set down a schedule for at least the three payments. KT said he would announce the new dates to the tournaments in a few days, although it has already been a few days. The ball is in their court, all the excuses are used up, they will either follow through or they will create more disappointment and more excuses.

It will be at least a few weeks before the next payment is due. I have been wondering about other money owed for commissions to players for referrals, has anything been arranged or are they going to pretend they doesn't exist. First things first though, if the 1/3 gets paid off that alone will be a big accomplishment. It is pretty clear cut now though the BS is over, not much more they can say if they don't announce tournament dates or pay the players.

AuntyDan
11-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Below are some outstanding issues I can think of at present. I personally doubt we will hear any major news on any of these subjects until at least January, given the holiday season coming up and the time KT has bought himself with the 11% of 33% of 100% game.

NOTE - This oldish article (http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=sports3_oct4_2006) (before the 11% payments were sent) points out that Efren and the other non-US players may be losing money whilst they wait depending on how their exchange rates fluctuate against the dollar.

1) Deno's status - Will he be fired for his alleged misconduct with female players? Will he quit in disgust over having lied (wittingly or unwittingly, you decide) to the entire industry on KT's behalf? Get promoted to Lord High IPT Pumba for seeing KT through this whole troubling episode without allowing anyone to ever find out what is really going on? (Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!)

2) The remaining $13,000 payment to all players - IIRC the prize purse for the cancelled (NOT postponed) London tournament was officially to be evenly distributed to all IPT card-holders at the end of the '06 season. I guess KT could argue that until the '06 Masters get played (theoretically sometime in early '07) that the '06 season is not officially over

3) Schedule some events - He now has an excuse not to schedule anything, because until he does so he has stated he will not feel obliged to pay any more than the 33% of Reno. This is the biggest unknown. Just how long after receiving that third check will people be willing to wait before attempting to take legal action against him?

4) The $100,000 question - If he goes ahead with an '07 season he has promised in the past all IPT card holders will earn a minimum of $100,000 form a combination of prize purses, TV income, sponsorship, shares etc. Again though this gives him an excuse to never have any '07 events, as he can say he was not able to raise enough money to meet this promise.

5) The TV question - Will a decent national network ever sign up for IPT coverage?

6) Ho Ho Ho - With Christmas coming news on the Ho front has gone awfully quiet. Perhaps he's busy with all those elves at the North Pole making personalized Coral Calcium gift sets for all the IPT card holders?

7) IPOO - Yes, the last "O" was deliberate. Most sane analysis would say there can't be an IPO until there is a demonstrably successful business model to sell. My guess is to look for IPT card holders to be "encouraged" to buy their own IPT shares on the basis of ensuring future earnings, and/or to be offered shares in lieu of prize monies.

!Smorgass Bored
11-17-2006, 03:24 PM
AuntyDan aroused me with:
Get promoted to Lord High IPT Pumba.

LOL... I entered Pumba into my NEW handheld Spelling Ace from Radio Shack and it EXPLODED (just like my last one).....

Doug, a "High Exalted Grand Pooh Bah"

AuntyDan
11-17-2006, 03:44 PM
AuntyDan aroused me with:
Get promoted to Lord High IPT Pumba.

LOL... I entered Pumba into my NEW handheld Spelling Ace from Radio Shack and it EXPLODED (just like my last one).....

Doug, a "High Exalted Grand Pooh Bah"

Actually the spelling was deliberate. This is the Pumbaa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumba) I was thinking of, a smelly uncultured wart hog who hangs around with a slick, fast talking rodent doing nothing useful all day but eating disgusting bugs. (At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

nineballpaul
11-17-2006, 04:15 PM
To answer the question posed by MACGUY. Referral payments from Las Vegas have not been made. I've been owed $1100 since July. I was told by Deno via Email that referral payments were being reconciled and payment would be made shortly. November 17 and still nothing. These non-payment issues go far deeper than just the players. Enough said.

Nostroke
11-17-2006, 05:42 PM

With all the controversial posters banned, no one is stirring the pot so this is what we get. The price we pay for civility is boredom apparently and actually, i think there is at least one more poster who should be banned so things may even get quieter soon. Time as always will tell.

Da Poet
11-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Below are some outstanding issues I can think of at present. I personally doubt we will hear any major news on any of these subjects until at least January, given the holiday season coming up and the time KT has bought himself with the 11% of 33% of 100% game.

NOTE - This oldish article (http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=sports3_oct4_2006) (before the 11% payments were sent) points out that Efren and the other non-US players may be losing money whilst they wait depending on how their exchange rates fluctuate against the dollar.

1) Deno's status - Will he be fired for his alleged misconduct with female players? Will he quit in disgust over having lied (wittingly or unwittingly, you decide) to the entire industry on KT's behalf? Get promoted to Lord High IPT Pumba for seeing KT through this whole troubling episode without allowing anyone to ever find out what is really going on? (Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!)

2) The remaining $13,000 payment to all players - IIRC the prize purse for the cancelled (NOT postponed) London tournament was officially to be evenly distributed to all IPT card-holders at the end of the '06 season. I guess KT could argue that until the '06 Masters get played (theoretically sometime in early '07) that the '06 season is not officially over

3) Schedule some events - He now has an excuse not to schedule anything, because until he does so he has stated he will not feel obliged to pay any more than the 33% of Reno. This is the biggest unknown. Just how long after receiving that third check will people be willing to wait before attempting to take legal action against him?

4) The $100,000 question - If he goes ahead with an '07 season he has promised in the past all IPT card holders will earn a minimum of $100,000 form a combination of prize purses, TV income, sponsorship, shares etc. Again though this gives him an excuse to never have any '07 events, as he can say he was not able to raise enough money to meet this promise.

5) The TV question - Will a decent national network ever sign up for IPT coverage?

6) Ho Ho Ho - With Christmas coming news on the Ho front has gone awfully quiet. Perhaps he's busy with all those elves at the North Pole making personalized Coral Calcium gift sets for all the IPT card holders?

7) IPOO - Yes, the last "O" was deliberate. Most sane analysis would say there can't be an IPO until there is a demonstrably successful business model to sell. My guess is to look for IPT card holders to be "encouraged" to buy their own IPT shares on the basis of ensuring future earnings, and/or to be offered shares in lieu of prize monies.

Yep. I think these seven points cook it down nicely.

I thought maybe on the first point regarding Deno, Eydie might have something. Maybe it wasn't so serious and the folks involved were able to work something out. Who knows. All I know is that if my girlfriend, mother, or sister, told me something like that happened to them, I'm not sure if I would be able to drop it very easily.

On the next six points, it Friday! Haven't all the crazy announcements, or announcements for upcoming announcements happened on Friday?

It's still early. I smell a bomb.

Or maybe a firecracker.

Or maybe the pizza I'm cooking. :D

!Smorgass Bored
11-17-2006, 07:34 PM
With all the controversial posters banned, no one is stirring the pot so this is what we get. The price we pay for civility is boredom apparently and actually, I think there is at least one more poster who should be banned so things may even get quieter soon. Time as always will tell.

I agree, but which poster ? Any volunteers to throw themselves under the bus ?
Doug
( If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.... the time. )

Da Poet
11-17-2006, 07:46 PM
With all the controversial posters banned, no one is stirring the pot so this is what we get. The price we pay for civility is boredom apparently and actually, i think there is at least one more poster who should be banned so things may even get quieter soon. Time as always will tell.

Yes indeed, the herd has been thinned and it was both entertaining and embarrasing to watch. Since it usually takes two to tango, I'm guessing that until a new bomb thrower walks in, we may not see another execution for a little while.

Unless you have a favorite pick? :D

sniper
11-17-2006, 07:50 PM
I agree, but which poster ?

Come on Doug! Haven't you been paying attention around here?:)

!Smorgass Bored
11-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Come on Doug! Haven't you been paying attention around here?:)

Not Bernie, AGAIN ?
Doug
( I can't see the forest for the trees and my stomach still hurts from all the popcorn )

Roy Steffensen
11-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Can we start a new thread where we are voting for the next one to be banned, at least from the IPT-section??? ;)

Btw: Talked to one event planner in the IPT yesterday, and I said to him that we would run the qualifier next weekend, but I would love to get some answers, and I hoped he could answer me since Deno isn't:

1. "100 000 $ guarantee. What do you want me to say to people about this?" He said, "As far as I know, the 100 K is on"

"But you haven't paid out the last tournament, how can you still have money for this?" I said. "Yes, I know we have wome problems rigth now, but as far as I know the 100 K is on" he answered...

2. "When will the Tour Card Qualifier be scheduled? You don't believe that there will be more than my 2 friends at this qualifier with free entry" I said, "since you do not have any dates, and since the Reno isn't paid?"

"Good question" he said, before offering me another qualifier WHEN they have a date ready!!!

Which they will probably know by next week, he said before we hang up! ;) yeah right!

Da Poet
11-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Can we start a new thread where we are voting for the next one to be banned, at least from the IPT-section??? ;)

Btw: Talked to one event planner in the IPT yesterday, and I said to him that we would run the qualifier next weekend, but I would love to get some answers, and I hoped he could answer me since Deno isn't:

1. "100 000 $ guarantee. What do you want me to say to people about this?" He said, "As far as I know, the 100 K is on"

"But you haven't paid out the last tournament, how can you still have money for this?" I said. "Yes, I know we have wome problems rigth now, but as far as I know the 100 K is on" he answered...

2. "When will the Tour Card Qualifier be scheduled? You don't believe that there will be more than my 2 friends at this qualifier with free entry" I said, "since you do not have any dates, and since the Reno isn't paid?"

"Good question" he said, before offering me another qualifier WHEN they have a date ready!!!

Which they will probably know by next week, he said before we hang up! ;) yeah right!

What a crap situation. I often think of what I would do if I was in a player's situation, and I guess it depends on how much money you have to burn.

Can these guys and gals get refunds if they decide not to play? Are many of these folks playing now simply because they are locked in?

NYC cue dude
11-17-2006, 09:57 PM

see the ho, ho, ho thread for the answers.

rg