PDA

View Full Version : Maria Calatano?

Johnnyt
11-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Anyone know where Maria Catalano is from? She won the FL Spirit Tour stop at Capones a few weeks ago. I think she's the only non-pro that won a Spirit Tour stop all year. Makes no sense to me. Johnnyt

bells
11-17-2006, 02:50 PM
England I think...............I watched her before she plays ok

Johnnyt
11-17-2006, 03:01 PM
England I think...............I watched her before she plays ok
Is she a pro? Johnnyt

sunnyday
11-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Well, she's sort of non-pro with WPBA...but I hear she's ranked #3 in women's snooker. (I'm not sure if that's just in England or World) She plays really good! even though 9 ball isn't her specialty, yet.

Boro Nut
11-17-2006, 03:37 PM
I presume you mean Ronnie O'Sullivan's cousin Maria Catalano (http://www.worldsnooker.com/news_editorial-17724.htm)

Boro Nut

Johnnyt
11-17-2006, 04:31 PM
I presume you mean Ronnie O'Sullivan's cousin Maria Catalano (http://www.worldsnooker.com/news_editorial-17724.htm)

Boro Nut
Thank you Boro Nut. So that means a pro won every stop on the tour so far with just the $10000 final left to play. I know one of the pros will win that too. There are about twenty of them that played in one tourament so they can get at the money in the final. I know a lot people on here say it is good for them to be playing against pros...but I say it's just as important to win a tournament to show themselves they can do it. You don't see pro NFL or NBA players playing in college games. Johnnyt

Chandler's Ford
07-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Maria Catalano is 26 and is indeed the cousin of three-time world snooker champion Ronnie O'Sullivan.

She lives in Dudley near Birmingham in England.

Maria is heading to the US in September to play pool.

worriedbeef
07-28-2008, 11:10 AM
She lives near me in Dudley (near Birmingham) in the West Midlands.

She's Ronnie's cousin, and has a really nice stroke. It's been a while since I've seen her but I think her heart is in Snooker not Pool (she is one of the top women snooker players), although she obviously loves Pool as well!

I actually beat her a couple of years ago in a local tournament in a race to five with a one game spot, to take third place. Sadly it's currently my greatest ever achievement!!!!!