PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cass

Jack Madden
11-17-2006, 05:29 PM
I see the "Birthdays" have Chris Cass 52. Does anyone know how his family is doing.
Jack
www.johnmaddencues.com

Barbara
11-17-2006, 05:46 PM
I see the "Birthdays" have Chris Cass 52. Does anyone know how his family is doing.
Jack
www.johnmaddencues.com

Jack,

Heide had posted that things are going well with her and Christ and she is engaged to be married.

And before all of you do the "OMIGOD, How can she?" thing, you have to understand a few things first about caring for a loved one with a terminal illness. I won't begin to explain because I've only experienced relatives that have gone through this and I'm just a little removed from the day-to-day things, but it is awful. Loneliness is all it's cracked up to be and stress can be overwhelming.

I saw the BD notices today and thought about asking Mike to remove it, but you know, he was such a great guy, we shouldn't forget him. Or Dave Syrja, Tom Ferry, and others.

Just my 2 cents.

I miss CC. But I'm happy that Heide and Christ are moving on.

Barbara

Jack Madden
11-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Barbara,
Thanks. I am sure that Chris would be happy for her and Christ. He loved his family and wanted the best for them - you could tell just from his posts.
Jack
www.johnmaddencues.com

hemicudas
11-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Chris never wished any ill will toward anyone. I am sure Barbara is right. Chris Cass was my friend, may God rest his soul on the date of his birth.

iapoolguy
11-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Chris is missed very much here also....you see Chris,Heidi,and Christ played in my room weekly. We are very happy for Heidi and Christ(Spike)
It was very hard at first...But her new fiancee Jerry is a great guy...He plays pool also....so we still get to see them both...Spike is turning into fine young man ...Just like his dad!

cueball1950
11-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Chris never wished any ill will toward anyone. I am sure Barbara is right. Chris Cass was my friend, may God rest his soul on the date of his birth.

Hemi.... i have that same exact picture hanging over my computer. The last time i was with Chris at the U.S. Open he had invited Grady Matthews and his wife to the annual billiards digest ccb dinner. Chris, knowing that Grady and myself have had words was trying to get us together. To bury the hatchet so to speak...I miss him and think of him and the family everyday. I guess i would be one of the one's on this board in knowing what Heide and christ went thru. May they find peace and happiness in all that they do. And Chris Cass my FRIEND, May you rest in ETERNAL PEACE and sit at the right hand of God. My prayers are with you everyday...................mike

Wally in Cincy
11-18-2006, 08:48 PM
her new fiancee Jerry is a great guy...He plays pool also....so we still get to see them both...Spike is turning into fine young man ...Just like his dad!

This is wonderful to hear. God bless them all.

Wally in Cincy
11-18-2006, 08:50 PM

Thanks for the wonderful pic DBill

I only met Chris once in person. He seemed like a very gentle soul.

ohwsseug
11-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Chris Cass is missed by many people. Even those that only met him once, like myself. The man was pure class.

vagabond
11-18-2006, 09:37 PM
I saved his last PM to me. In that PM he advised me about the medicinal value of red grapes.I took his advise and I went to the store and bought Red Grapes immediately.

Scott Lee
11-18-2006, 10:43 PM
I am fortunate to count Chris as a good friend, for the last several years. I also have the luxury of being able to call Heide and Spike my friends too! I'm happy that Jerry and Heide hit it off. Chris liked 'Frenchy' a lot, and it's wonderful that it's worked out so well for everyone! Shoot 'em straight Cassman...We miss ya!:D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com