PDA

View Full Version : New cuemaker saying hello.

dave fingers
11-17-2006, 06:25 PM
I just wanted to start off by saying hello to all the forum members and introducing myself. My name is David and I'm from Monroe, NC. I used to have just a small repair lathe and did tips & stuff for me & my friends. After doing small stuff for a few months I've now invested in a cuemaking lathe and I'm making some cues. Some are perfect & some are not. I'll be as honest as possible and if there is any defect I'll mention it up front. I'll be offering big discounts I'm sure as I learn and grow in the fine art of cuemaking. After lurking this forum for a few months, its feels great to get my name out there. If I can help anyone or if you are interested in a new cue then let me know. :) This is a GREAT forum.
Thanks a lot.
David

tk_it_ez
11-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Welcome to AZ David. Good luck with the cuemaking.

Nathan

Klopek
11-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Welcome, have a blast!.

Look forward to seeing your work.:)

pocono
11-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing your work

BarenbruggeCues
11-17-2006, 07:11 PM
I just wanted to start off by saying hello to all the forum members and introducing myself. My name is David and I'm from Monroe, NC. I used to have just a small repair lathe and did tips & stuff for me & my friends. After doing small stuff for a few months I've now invested in a cuemaking lathe and I'm making some cues. Some are perfect & some are not. I'll be as honest as possible and if there is any defect I'll mention it up front. I'll be offering big discounts I'm sure as I learn and grow in the fine art of cuemaking. After lurking this forum for a few months, its feels great to get my name out there. If I can help anyone or if you are interested in a new cue then let me know. :) This is a GREAT forum.
Thanks a lot.
David

Anybody with a first name like yours can't be a bad guy at all!!
Welcome on.........
Sounds like Varney might have some comp down in his neck!

Gerry
11-17-2006, 07:21 PM
so, where can I see/buy your work?:D....great question huh?!:D

Gerry

dave fingers
11-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Sounds like Varney might have some comp down in his neck!
A big thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. I've only finished a few cues and they are all in the hands of my friends and a few locals. I just got a new digital camera so as soon as I get it figured out I'll try and post some pics in the gallery.
As for giving Mr. Varney any competition I'll have to say thats not going to happen. His cues are the most popular cues in the area. Everyone has his break cue. Over half the people on both my league teams use them. I've got a lot of learning ahead of me before I can even be mentioned in the same sentence as him. Besides I know him pretty well and we often are playing in the same room. I would much rather keep Kevin on my goodside. Hey did I tell you I was a smart cuemaker.:D

Mr. Wilson
11-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Howdy :)

Look forward to seeing some of your work!

Dave

no-sho
11-17-2006, 09:41 PM
A big thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. I've only finished a few cues and they are all in the hands of my friends and a few locals. I just got a new digital camera so as soon as I get it figured out I'll try and post some pics in the gallery.
As for giving Mr. Varney any competition I'll have to say thats not going to happen. His cues are the most popular cues in the area. Everyone has his break cue. Over half the people on both my league teams use them. I've got a lot of learning ahead of me before I can even be mentioned in the same sentence as him. Besides I know him pretty well and we often are playing in the same room. I would much rather keep Kevin on my goodside. Hey did I tell you I was a smart cuemaker.:D

Well if you stay in the business 40 years and keep all of your fingers, Mr. Fingers, then I'll say you're smart cue maker. lol:D :D

BarenbruggeCues
11-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Howdy :)

Look forward to seeing some of your work!

Dave

NO..... say it isn't true......not another Dave!!

Will the real Dave please stand? ( I may have just dated myself )

BarenbruggeCues
11-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Show me a good pool player and I'll show you a wasted childhood!

That sounds like something WC Fields would have said.

shark3149
11-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Hello and welcome to az.

Flex
11-18-2006, 06:27 AM
Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Cornerman
11-18-2006, 06:27 AM
I just wanted to start off by saying hello to all the forum members and introducing myself. My name is David and I'm from Monroe, NC. I used to have just a small repair lathe and did tips & stuff for me & my friends. After doing small stuff for a few months I've now invested in a cuemaking lathe and I'm making some cues.
In case you haven't seen them, there are a couple of other forums that you should visit often: Ask the Cuemaker, Cue Gallery, and Cue Machinery.

Fred

Craig Fales
11-18-2006, 06:47 AM
Welcome to the forums Dave...let's see some cues...:D
________

desi2960
11-18-2006, 07:40 AM
hope you have the best success, only advice i can give you as a 5 year cue builder, if someone returns a cue do not sell it to him a second time.

billiardshot
11-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Dave, welcome , hope to see pictures of your cue.

Snapshot9
11-18-2006, 09:27 AM
to the forum. Cuemakers add a lot to the forum, glad to have you here.

sde
11-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Welcome Dave. We can never have too many cue makers. Possibly with more competition the prices will come down.:confused: :rolleyes:

Steve

BarenbruggeCues
11-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Welcome Dave. We can never have too many cue makers. Possibly with more competition the prices will come down.:confused: :rolleyes:

Steve

More competition=better quality cues=HIGHER prices!!!!!

hadjcues
11-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks a lot.
David

Welcome Dave and hope to see posts on ASK THE CUEMAKER forum

Irish634
11-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Wlecome to the boards Dave. As others have said, we look forward to seeing your work.

Enjoy yourself and best of luck to you in your venture.

Craig

sde
11-18-2006, 11:19 AM
More competition=better quality cues=HIGHER prices!!!!!
Hey you can't fault a guy for wishfull thinking can you? lol:)

Steve