PDA

View Full Version : Who doesn't like the sound of the OB-1 banner ad?

Flex
11-18-2006, 02:29 PM
I find it annoying. Of course I can turn the sound off on my computer, but I'd perfer not to do that.

That clicking sound is not the kind of thing that will get me to click on the ad, nor buy one of those shafts.

It might just turn me off...

Anyone else find it annoying?

Flex

trueblu8
11-18-2006, 02:31 PM

Flex
11-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Check your PMs.

trueblu8
11-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah it is a pretty funny sound, lol. But other than that the ad looks cool.

Flex
11-18-2006, 02:35 PM
The visual part of the ad is fine, that sound is nuts.

trueblu8
11-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Lol!..........

breakup
11-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks! Just before I noticed the sound I dropped my laptop. I thought I screwed it up! Whew that's a relief.

Cheers:)

Flex
11-18-2006, 02:53 PM
It sounds like a freakin' 35 mm SLR camera. Not whatever it's supposed to sound like.

sde
11-18-2006, 07:31 PM
I find it annoying. Of course I can turn the sound off on my computer, but I'd perfer not to do that.

That clicking sound is not the kind of thing that will get me to click on the ad, nor buy one of those shafts.

Flex

I agree it is very annoying! :(

VonRhett
11-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Me 2!! Big turn-off, especially since it sounds more like a camera shutter and is certainly not a pool-related sound.

Banners should never have sound. Web pages should never have "Intro" pages that you can (and always do) skip over.

The golden rule is - if the user has the option to turn it off, or may want to turn it off (Like the annoying Banner ad), then don't make it. This crap should only be Opt-in, not opt-out. Or in the case of the effed up Banner, I have to adjust my computer settings to avoid a stupid lil noise?

Bad webmaster, bad.

-von

I agree it is very annoying! :(

issycue
11-18-2006, 08:04 PM
oh, that's where that was coming from! silly...and annoying. If it rotates in again, I'm reloading the page.

Jeff
11-18-2006, 08:10 PM
I don't care for it either. For me, it would make me have a not so nice memory of it if I was shopping for a shaft.

Reminds me of my hatred for all the auctions on ebay with the computer voices. I will not buy from someone who does that.

Ebay needs to ban them now before it gets worse.

One stupid auction page I looked at on ebay had three of the triggers for the voice and all three started talking. Of course not in unison.

rackem
11-19-2006, 03:48 AM
Quite annoying! I hope it gets muted.

cheese86
11-19-2006, 12:58 PM
I thought I was the only one that found that annoying!!!!!

BillPorter
11-19-2006, 01:34 PM

Flex
Add me to the list.

pooltchr
11-19-2006, 03:27 PM
I find it to be a very good reason NOT to buy a product.
Maybe Mike can forward some of this feedback to the advertiser.
Steve

BillPorter
11-19-2006, 03:44 PM

Flex
I just sent Royce an email about it and included a link to this thread.

Williebetmore
11-19-2006, 03:49 PM
It is annoying and totally useless.

I am declaring a moratorium on buying an OB-1 (I was going to get one just to experiment with) until that sound DISAPPEARS.

cueandcushion
11-19-2006, 03:55 PM
I agree that when an advertiser is obtrusive in their marketing campaign it will leave a negative impression on their core customer base. The popup ads that wont close or noisy ads that never stop. They all hurt the products they are trying to promote. I think some companies just dont get it. I am kind of disappointed in the OB1 people and their marketing strategy.

Rod
11-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I've never seen it or heard it. Where is it? At any rate I have animation turned off. You guys need better concentration. LOL

Rod

sde
11-19-2006, 05:35 PM
I just sent Royce an email about it and included a link to this thread.
TAP TAP TAP

claymont
11-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Until it's stopped for good, right click on it and select Forward or Back. This will stop the noise, that puts it in single frame mode. Of course you have to do this every time you switch pages and it pops up:( :mad: Even switching off animations and videos in IE doesn't stop it.