PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Reed

bjthebandit
11-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Need updated on my old friend. How is he? Anyone out there have any info??R.A.just called me he said he had a bad turn,is he out of the woods yet??? Thanks B.J.:(

sjm
11-18-2006, 04:43 PM
There's a Reed Pierce and a Jimmy Reid. I don't know of a Jimmy Reed that plays pro pool.

BillPorter
11-18-2006, 04:48 PM
There's a Reed Pierce and a Jimmy Reid. I don't know of a Jimmy Reed that plays pro pool.
I figure he means Jimmy Reid, but even if I knew the details of his medical situation, I wouldn't feel comfortable posting them in this thread. Maybe I'd PM someone if they seemed totally legit.

hemicudas
11-18-2006, 05:38 PM
I figure he means Jimmy Reid, but even if I knew the details of his medical situation, I wouldn't feel comfortable posting them in this thread. Maybe I'd PM someone if they seemed totally legit.

BJThebandit is a girl, Bill and all she did was misspell Jimmy's last name. BJthebandit has been around as long as I have. Her dad was the famous room owner Briar Spivey. I too hope Jimmy is doing better.

sjm
11-18-2006, 05:46 PM

Hope he's well. I've always like Reid.

BillPorter
11-19-2006, 05:28 AM
BJThebandit is a girl, Bill and all she did was misspell Jimmy's last name. BJthebandit has been around as long as I have. Her dad was the famous room owner Briar Spivey. I too hope Jimmy is doing better.
I sent her a PM telling her how to get in contact with a guy on the CCB who knows Jimmy.

freddy the beard
11-19-2006, 06:17 AM
I talked to him a couple of weeks ago and he was hanging in. He is very sick, but maybe the worst is over. I am going to call him again and I will report on his current condition for his many friends.

the Beard

vagabond
11-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Need updated on my old friend. How is he? Anyone out there have any info??R.A.just called me he said he had a bad turn,is he out of the woods yet??? Thanks B.J.:(

Long time no see BJ. Good to hear from u.How are u doing?:cool:

bjthebandit
11-19-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm fine thanks for asking,keep me up to date on Jimmy! Talked to Diana she said hiiii. Are you still working?I need a job like yours your all over the map,LOL

gforces1911
12-19-2006, 09:40 AM
I talked to him a couple of weeks ago and he was hanging in. He is very sick, but maybe the worst is over. I am going to call him again and I will report on his current condition for his many friends.

the Beard

I remembered reading this thread. I went to his website and decided to purchase his DVDs. I have not heard from him - I hope all is well.

gforces1911
12-19-2006, 09:55 AM
I remembered reading this thread. I went to his website and decided to purchase his DVDs. I have not heard from him - I hope all is well.

I bought the dvds. Just got an email about shipment. I would encourage others to purchase them to help him and to learn from one of the greats.

jay helfert
12-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Just had a long talk with Jimmy. He is alive and not so well. Main problem now is Hepatitis. Still we had a few good laughs about the old days. He told me about some match-ups with Mikey Carella and Grady. Reminisced about the first time I ever smoked weed, thanks to Jimmy and Barbara. I was 22 and still pretty innocent.

We talked about our old friend and fellow rogue Larry Lisciotti. When Larry was dying, the books made him post on all his action. He was a big better on the NFL every week, and might win or lose many thousands weekly. His credit was always good until they found out he was dying. Larry was griping about this right before he died, more so than about his illness. What a guy.

Anyway, I'm going to put some info about Jimmy's DVD's on the For Sale section if anyone is interested. He was one of the greatest in his day. A feared 9-Ball player and played jam up One Pocket as well.

vagabond
12-19-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm fine thanks for asking,keep me up to date on Jimmy! Talked to Diana she said hiiii. Are you still working?I need a job like yours your all over the map,LOL

Diana never returned my calls.Good to know that she still remembers me.:cool: