PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Shootman

Island Drive
11-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Just heard, that Charlie Shootman of Colorado Springs is in a coma at Penrose hospital for a few days now. Word has it he was found at his residence unconscious and supposidly his blood sugar was off the charts, hope he wakes up.
He finished second in 1984 to Louie Lemke in the BCA 8-Ball singles Open finals only because he hit a cross corner bank so well it went in, around and out, giving Louie the win. Go get em Chas.

Island Drive
11-19-2006, 07:06 AM
Just to bring this back to the front page, Charlie owned a pool room in Colorado Springs with Grady Matthews in his heyday.

jgpool
12-08-2006, 05:09 PM
I saw Charlie today at Antique Billiards, Colo Sprgs. I didn't talk to hime but he was there.

jay helfert
12-08-2006, 06:01 PM
I saw Charlie today at Antique Billiards, Colo Sprgs. I didn't talk to hime but he was there.

Please tell him Jay from Los Angeles says hi. Thanks.

Island Drive
12-08-2006, 07:43 PM

After 10 days in ICU and 40+ pounds lighter, he's starting to get his health back, the nurse was surprised he lived. Blood sugar 1400. He was probably out of comission almost three weeks.

ironman
12-09-2006, 04:01 AM
After 10 days in ICU and 40+ pounds lighter, he's starting to get his health back, the nurse was surprised he lived. Blood sugar 1400. He was probably out of comission almost three weeks.

I wish Charlie well. One of the old Scufflers and pretty darn good bar table player.

I took a trip up into Wyoming and Montana with Charlie years ago. We didn't make a lot of money, But, we sure had a good time.

I saw Charlie really put it on Roger Griffis one night on a bar table. He played like a world Champion.

Blood Sugar at 1400? Wow, I know how I feel when it gets to just 200, but 1400, I just can't imagine.