PDA

View Full Version : Outside Pool Interview

supergreenman
11-20-2006, 02:33 PM
After completing the Drivermaker Tournament I was approached by a reporter Dave from Outside Pool Vertual imagination Magazine to do an interview. Here is the text:

OP: So James (SGM) you've just completed the Drivermaker tournament, how do you feel?

SGM: Well Dave, I feel really good, I went out there and gave 110% worked really hard and took advantage of some good breaks.

OP: How do you think you did?

SGM: Well I see some of the others have put up some pretty good scores, I know I didn't win, but I'm happy with my showing as this is the first year I've played the Drivermaker. I really feel I put in the 110%

OP: What was the defining moment of tournament for you?

SGM: Well Dave, it had to be when I put away the first 20 pt. game in my second session. I really put in 110% on that game.

OP: You say this was your first year playing the Drivermaker, how were you able to adapt to the format?

SGM: Well I figured out fairly fast that it wasn't enough to go out there and give 100%, After my dissapointing first session, I put some thought into setting up for my end game plan, then I was able to come up with a strategy to win.

OP: What was that Strategy?

SGM: If I told you I'd have to kill you.

OP: Why is that?

SGM: Do you play pool?

OP: Yes, but what's that got to do with anything?

SGM: Do you have an internet account?

OP: Yes, but again, what's that got to do with anything?

SGM: Well, you play pool and you have an internet account, there is too much chance you'll play in the Drivermaker next year and use my strategy. That wouldn't be giving 110% now would it?

OP: OK, forget the strategy, how do you like your chances for next year?

SGM: I don't like to think that far in advance Dave, right now I just want to focus on the present and put everything into this years pool season. You know play well at tournaments, give 110% and do my best to work the sides, take what the brackets give me and come together for my team events and give it my all. You know, give 110%.

OP: Are you Canadian by any chance?

SGM: I'm proud to say I am Canadian, why do you ask?

OP: Because it sounds like I'm interviewing a hockey player.

;)

Williebetmore
11-20-2006, 05:13 PM
DaveK,
Dang, a great interview; I guess I must have missed it when I skimmed throught the last edition of Outside Pool. I agree 110% with your strategies and opinions. Those poor schmucks (like breakup) that only give 100% are DOOMED.

DaveK
11-20-2006, 05:58 PM
DaveK,
Dang, a great interview; I guess I must have missed it when I skimmed throught the last edition of Outside Pool. I agree 110% with your strategies and opinions. Those poor schmucks (like breakup) that only give 100% are DOOMED.

As usual, I am totally innocent ! You must be crazy to think I'd travel way up north to interview some pool player .... it's cold up there !

Dave, a shy quiet introverted wimp from Saskatoon

supergreenman
11-20-2006, 06:09 PM
As usual, I am totally innocent ! You must be crazy to think I'd travel way up north to interview some pool player .... it's cold up there !

Dave, a shy quiet introverted wimp from Saskatoon

NORTH?:eek: :eek: :eek:

Edmonton is almost directly across from Saskatoon, Dave you must have left your globe on it's side again. :rolleyes: oh yeah it was a balmy - 1C here today.

Williebetmore
11-21-2006, 07:17 AM

oh yeah it was a balmy - 1C here today.

G-man,
I once asked someone from Alaska (yes, it was breakup) what they did in the summers up there. He replied, "if it falls on a weekend, we have a barbecue." I think I'll retire to Florida.

breakup
11-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Thanks SGM for granting this important interview to Dave. He always asks the probing questions and you fired right back at him. Many in the media would be overcome by the glitz and glamor surrounding the DMMHT, not Dave. Pool wouldn’t be where it is today without Dave from OP and premiere players such as yourself that walk the talk, step up and tell it the way is

Cheers!

P.S.... never got to open the bag of charcoal this year, maybe next

supergreenman
11-21-2006, 10:40 AM
P.S.... never got to open the bag of charcoal this year, maybe next

Some of us don't let a silly thing like winter get in the way of having a BBQ. Although I have to admit I'm less likely to fire up the charcoal than I am to use propane in the winter.

DaveK
11-21-2006, 10:43 AM

Edmonton is almost directly across from Saskatoon, Dave you must have left your globe on it's side again. :rolleyes: oh yeah it was a balmy - 1C here today.

Hmmm, let's see .... Edmonton is located at 53.34 degrees North latitude while Saskatoon is at 52.24 degrees North latitiude, which makes Edmonton about 129.7 Km (80.6 miles) north of Saskatoon. :p Come on down and play some pool sometime James !

I've got one of those modern globes btw, it's round and has only one side (the OUTside). :D Of course it's not a real good representation as it sure looks flat when I look out a window :confused:

Dave

PS It's supposed to be around -17C (about 3F) this Saturday for the Vanier Cup (Canadian universtity football championship)

supergreenman
11-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Hmmm, let's see .... Edmonton is located at 53.34 degrees North latitude while Saskatoon is at 52.24 degrees North latitiude, which makes Edmonton about 129.7 Km (80.6 miles) north of Saskatoon. :p Come on down and play some pool sometime James !

I've got one of those modern globes btw, it's round and has only one side (the OUTside). :D Of course it's not a real good representation as it sure looks flat when I look out a window :confused:

Dave

PS It's supposed to be around -17C (about 3F) this Saturday for the Vanier Cup (Canadian universtity football championship)
Alrighty then, you are officially a southerner :p I'd love to come play sometime.

It's really getting cold here tonight too. I heard it could go as low as -25.