PDA

View Full Version : Universal Smart Shaft

Koop
11-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Has anyone out there had any experience with changing out adapters?

I'm curious to know how it would hold up and if switching back and forth between two adapters would hurt the integrity of the joint.

Any experiences, either positive or negative, would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Koop

seven
11-21-2006, 10:13 AM
I spoke with the Smart Shaft repesentitive at the Valley Forge Expo. I asked him the exact same question. He said. "the shaft is made with the adapter so that manufacturing the shaft is easier. and to make it easier for the consumer to find the thread type they need. and that switching back and forth is not recommended."

RSB-Refugee
11-21-2006, 10:30 AM
I spoke with the Smart Shaft repesentitive at the Valley Forge Expo. I asked him the exact same question. He said. "the shaft is made with the adapter so that manufacturing the shaft is easier. and to make it easier for the consumer to find the thread type they need. and that switching back and forth is not recommended."
Does anyone have a photo of a Smart Shaft adapter?

Tracy

bigpocket
11-21-2006, 10:56 AM
:) :) Hey Koop I had a smart shaft .If you want to change the adapter. The best way, is to use the rubber cap that came on the plastic shaft tube that the shaft came in because the adapters fit so tight you will scuff the hell out of the adapter using some thing else. The rubber cap realy helps you get the adapter off and not scuff it.Thats the hardest part of changing the adapter.

Koop
11-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses.

Jack Flanagan
11-21-2006, 12:13 PM
I use a piece of leather in the jaws of my pliers to remove the adapter,,,works for me.....................

Koop
11-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Does anyone have a photo of a Smart Shaft adapter?

Tracy

Here you go Tracy.