PDA

View Full Version : IPT Has New add Link!

spw62
11-21-2006, 10:00 AM
:eek: I thought this was a funnie link to see on the IPT Event Schedule page!
30247 (https://apply.driverloans.com/zip/z3/z3?x=holla:300x250&AID=10298174&PID=2192152&mode=dl_full&t=11)

jimmyg
11-21-2006, 10:05 AM
:eek: I thought this was a funnie link to see on the IPT Event Schedule page! (https://apply.driverloans.com/zip/z3/z3?x=holla:300x250&AID=10298174&PID=2192152&mode=dl_full&t=11)

Probably a predatory lender.

Jim

spw62
11-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Add Reads DON'T WAIT! Click To Get Cash Now!
(http://www.structuredsettlementalliance.com/)
They have alot of new banner adds popping up just go to the Even Schedule page and keep refreshing your page its funnie!

justnum
11-21-2006, 10:56 AM
those links are not the standard sponsor ads for websites either.

Looks like a self edit. I guess now it looks like he is getting sponsorship.

macguy
11-21-2006, 12:55 PM
those links are not the standard sponsor ads for websites either.

Looks like a self edit. I guess now it looks like he is getting sponsorship.

They are supposed to be selling ad's on the web site, I don't know why there aren't a hundred ad's on there. They are showing the tournaments on national TV and the web site is being advertised on the broadcasts. They are getting a lot of web traffic and that has value.

This should have been happening from the start. It does confirm what many of us have been saying that they have no intention of filing bankruptcy. They want to keep what they have established and try to make some money with it while they can. I would expect it to go well into the future whether they ever produce another tournament or not.

One of the mistakes they made in the beginning was to alienate themselves from the pool community. They wanted to produce and market their own products when they could have sold advertising for a zillion pool related items. They could have even linked up with other tours, producing advertising for them. The whole thing could have had the pool community come together like never before with the IPT as the flag ship.

Instead they attacked everybody in the business with insults and basically made everybody their enemy. Not a very good way introduce yourself to an industry. Even the slogan with all the "Reals" was meant to be a slap in the face to everyone in the industry. There is no wonder many people have no sympathy for them and their in your face arrogance. It was even felt from some of the players who were ready to spit in the face of people who had supported them for many years. This has been I am sure a humbling experience for many people.

spw62
11-21-2006, 01:40 PM
:) Mabe this added income will help pay all the players faster or will KT fill his pockets faster and make the players wait?

Nostroke
11-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Add Reads DON'T WAIT! Click To Get Cash Now!
(http://www.structuredsettlementalliance.com/)
They have alot of new banner adds popping up just go to the Even Schedule page and keep refreshing your page its funnie!

I wouldnt be surprised if they were just copying ads from other sites to get credibility. Newspapers just starting up do it, Ive seen them copy an entire classified section.

Ruthless
11-21-2006, 02:13 PM
They are prob not even paid advertisers. He prob snatched the banner links to dupe the fools that think the IPT will ever be a go again by the site looking like it has interested parties.

My money says the IPT has few if any paying advertisers.

Show me the books where it shows deposits from all of them and I will kiss your azz on the center runway at Midway on Thanksgiving Day and give you a day to draw a crowd.

spw62
11-21-2006, 02:17 PM
They are prob not even paid advertisers. He prob snatched the banner links to dupe the fools that think the IPT will ever be a go again by the site looking like it has interested parties.

My money says the IPT has few if any paying advertisers.

Show me the books where it shows deposits from all of them and I will kiss your azz on the center runway at Midway on Thanksgiving Day and give you a day to draw a crowd.
:eek: I hope thats not True I would like to see the players get all there Money.

Ruthless
11-21-2006, 02:23 PM
:eek: I hope thats not True I would like to see the players get all there Money.

I would "have" loved to see it succeed and prosper, but KT's word is about as good as Clinton's "I did not have sex with that woman." statement.

If he will sell books with fake and stolen remedies, why wouldn't he fill a website with fake ads? (or maybe he offered them free space)

How could you sell advertising for a site and tour that has no dates for events, on the verge of being bankrupt, and being investigated by ???# of lawyers for lawsuits?

AzHousePro
11-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Once a website starts generating a decent amount of traffic, it is easy to line up advertising like this. It is through an ad agency and all you are selling is shows of those banners. The website is paid in pennies for this sort of thing and usually hopes to make their money in quantity.

I gets email solicitations all the time from online ad agencies selling this sort of thing.

I have always stayed away from it though, because I want to run advertising that is billiards related. It is only fair to the advertisers that their banners are shown to billiards fans and it is only fair to the visitors on this site to not have to wade through ads for Star Wars Legos.

Showing ads to people are interested in those ads is called targeted advertising. It is really the only way to go.

Mike

Roy Steffensen
11-23-2006, 03:11 AM
Doesn't all pool people care about Star Wars Legos??? ;)

ironman
11-23-2006, 05:53 AM

KT said they would get all their money!!! Do you need more reason to believe they will not. Now, there is some REAL for ya. Truth is the one thing KT is scared to death of.

kevin s
11-23-2006, 06:21 AM
Once a website starts generating a decent amount of traffic, it is easy to line up advertising like this. It is through an ad agency and all you are selling is shows of those banners. The website is paid in pennies for this sort of thing and usually hopes to make their money in quantity.

I gets email solicitations all the time from online ad agencies selling this sort of thing.

I have always stayed away from it though, because I want to run advertising that is billiards related. It is only fair to the advertisers that their banners are shown to billiards fans and it is only fair to the visitors on this site to not have to wade through ads for Star Wars Legos.

Showing ads to people are interested in those ads is called targeted advertising. It is really the only way to go.

Mike
Maybe a major sponser for the pool world might be non pool related? There are alot of products and services we all use from multi billion dollar companys!!!! The PGA has insurance companys,automobile manufactors,etc.. I wonder what the total audience of the pool world would be on a national scale?

ironman
11-23-2006, 06:50 AM
Maybe a major sponser for the pool world might be non pool related? There are alot of products and services we all use from multi billion dollar companys!!!! The PGA has insurance companys,automobile manufactors,etc.. I wonder what the total audience of the pool world would be on a national scale?

You make a good point. Sponsorship from within the industry is not likely to happen or save professional pool. That would have happened long ago.

A few years ago I wanted to put an ad in one of the major billiard publications. I knew it would be expensive, but felt it was a good idea until I researched a bit and was shocked to see the circulation #s of the two leading periodicals. Les than 50,000 combined, monthly, and that is world wide. I obviously decided against it as my next question was what is the circulation in my target region?

How does this relate to an audience on a national scale? I don't have the first clue and not sure if a publications circulation is even relevant to a national audience, but I had to start somewhere.

We held an even nov 18-19 and out of curiosity I started asking randomly what people thought about the IPT situation. I was again surprised as 8 of the first 13 had no clue as to what I was talking about.

Like you, I'm curious as to what the audience would be on a national scale.