PDA

View Full Version : Number of posts - who is near 5,000?

BillPorter
11-21-2006, 12:25 PM
I just checked the number of posts by members from high to low. The largest number of posts is listed as 4,294,967,295 by White Donuts. I believe we must ascribe this anomoly to a glitch in the system because, even if White Donuts made a new post every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 52 weeks a year, it would take White Donuts about 81,715 years to tally this many posts.:D But, aside from Mr. Donuts, we have Timberly at 4,966 and sjm at 4,946. Since these two are still active, they will reach 5,000 posts with a week or so. Doesn't it seem like there should be some recognition for reaching 5,000 posts!?

Actionhound
11-21-2006, 12:43 PM
you just gave them recognition for that... lol

*disclaimer*
this was intended as a joke and was not meant to upset anyone on this forum. if this post offended you then im sorry... lol (just a CYA)

Rangercap
11-21-2006, 12:49 PM
... Doesn't it seem like there should be some recognition for reaching 5,000 posts!?

How about an 'Attaboy' Award?

bb

BackCut
11-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I just checked the number of posts by members from high to low. The largest number of posts is listed as 4,294,967,295 by White Donuts. I believe we must ascribe this anomoly to a glitch in the system because, even if White Donuts made a new post every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 52 weeks a year, it would take White Donuts about 81,715 years to tally this many posts.:D But, aside from Mr. Donuts, we have Timberly at 4,966 and sjm at 4,946. Since these two are still active, they will reach 5,000 posts with a week or so. Doesn't it seem like there should be some recognition for reaching 5,000 posts!?

I would think that having 5,000 votes means you spend WAYYYYYYYYYY too much time on AZ..

pharaoh68
11-21-2006, 01:02 PM
I think they deserve recognition, not so much for the quantity of their posts but for the actual value of their posts. Both are respected members here and provide others with a great deal of knowledge, answers, opinions, humor, etc.

If there was an award of sorts, I'd nominate them both.

Timberly
11-21-2006, 01:10 PM
I think they deserve recognition, not so much for the quantity of their posts but for the actual value of their posts. Both are respected members here and provide others with a great deal of knowledge, answers, opinions, humor, etc.

If there was an award of sorts, I'd nominate them both.
Thanks for the kind words Pharaoh and Bill for your "recognition"... it's very kind of both of you.

My post count was right on par with everyone else's until Valley Forge this year. I started doing live updates from the pro event Fri night... roughly 5 hrs...then I spent All day & night Sat doing live updates. IIRC I was in the tourney room for a little over 12 hrs and then back to doing it again on Sun. After that weekend my post count sky rocketed.

I've had my fair share of BS posts but I'd like to think that overall I'm a helpful and positive contributor to the forum. ;)

1pRoscoe
11-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Depending upon the board software, you can add as many posts to a user's account as you'd like.... I have a friend that has over a million posts on another board, when in reality probalby has 20K-ish... Just an FYI...

The most posts I have is on another forum and it's probably in the vicinity of 14K. I have been on that board for almost 6yrs.

sjm
11-21-2006, 08:40 PM
At my current rate of almost 3.9 posts per day, I will, most likely, reach 5,000 posts some time in December. Nonetheless, I don't think reaching 5,000 posts will be a measure what I've given to the forum. Instead, it will evidence how much I love interacting with the many superb posters that reside here on AZB.

I hope Timberly reaches 5,000 first. She's far more deserving of the spotlight than I am.

BillPorter
11-21-2006, 08:47 PM
At my current rate of almost 3.9 posts per day, I will, most likely, reach 5,000 posts some time in December. Nonetheless, I don't think reaching 5,000 posts will be a measure what I've given to the forum. Instead, it will evidence how much I love interacting with the many superb posters that reside here on AZB.

I hope Timberly reaches 5,000 first. She's far more deserving of the spotlight than I am.
She has only 27 posts to go to reach 5,000. At her present rate of 5.33 posts per day, she should get there by Monday.

catscradle
11-22-2006, 05:27 AM

It should be added that these 2 posters happen to post quality posts as well, not just quantity.
How time does fly, I just checked mine and before this post is done I have exactly 2400. To reach 5000 I guess I'd wind up fired from my job, or would have already been laid off or retired. :D

BillPorter
11-22-2006, 06:44 AM
It should be added that these 2 posters happen to post quality posts as well, not just quantity.

Absolutely! In terms of rep points, Timberly ranks second and sjm ranks seventh. And that's out of over 6,000 people in the members list!!!

Timberly
11-22-2006, 12:38 PM
She's far more deserving of the spotlight than I am.
The polite thing to do is say "Thank you SJM". I'm going to skip that part and say "Are you on crack?!?!?" :eek: :p

As I said earlier, I definitely have my fair share of bs posts. You on the other hand have always made quality posts... if you've got BS posts (I'm sure you might have one or two) I've never seen them. You're arguably the most respected member of this forum for a good reason my friend. ;)

When it comes to knowledge, helpfullness, understanding, & patience... no one comes close to being the whole package as you are. I mean that in all sincerity.

Now, back to the polite thing.... thank you for speaking such kind words. (I think I just found your first bs post) :D

BillPorter
11-23-2006, 07:54 AM
What thread will hold Timberly's 5,000th post? Will your thread prompt her to make that 5,000th post?

curlyscues
11-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Doesn't it seem like there should be some recognition for reaching 5,000 posts!?
how about something for those sore typing hands.
M.C.
http://www.hippocritis.com/index_files/bengay.jpg

!Smorgass Bored
11-23-2006, 09:35 AM
I had reached 5,000 posts last year, but I Deleted 4,000. It wasn't easy making that many informative, pool filled, intelligent and worthwhile posts. It takes a high degree of dedication... imo
Doug

alstl
11-23-2006, 09:40 AM
The first person to 5,000 posts wins the right to bid on my lucky cue.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=45133

gulfportdoc
11-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Doesn't it seem like there should be some recognition for reaching...
How about an annual "Writer's Cramp" award? Or perhaps the "Nickel" award for, "Who put a nickel in YOU!"

Doc
Hopes he hasn't started something

BillPorter
11-23-2006, 10:52 AM
I had reached 5,000 posts last year, but I Deleted 4,000. It wasn't easy making that many informative, pool filled, intelligent and worthwhile posts. It takes a high degree of dedication... imo
Doug
Hey, Doug....how long did it take to delete those 4,000 posts? And what criteria did you use to decide which 1,000 post to NOT delete? As these are very important questions, I hope you will provide detailed and accurate answers!:cool:

BillPorter
11-23-2006, 10:55 AM
How about an annual "Writer's Cramp" award? Or perhaps the "Nickel" award for, "Who put a nickel in YOU!"

Doc
Hopes he hasn't started something
Doc, just think, at an estimated time of 3 minutes per post, 5,000 posts represent 10.42 solid DAYS of posting on AZ!

Colin Colenso
11-23-2006, 10:56 AM
I forget the date, but a few years ago all the post counts were deleted. Beofre that time, I think several extant posters had quite high numbers of posts.

I'm nearly 4,000, so if I start some inane 'guess what?' thread on NPR, maybe I can pip Timberly to the post. :p

I remember Drivermaker had quite a lot of posts before he left. Are there any other past mega-posters I'm forgetting?

Colin

!Smorgass Bored
11-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Hey, Doug....how long did it take to delete those 4,000 posts? And what criteria did you use to decide which 1,000 post to NOT delete? As these are very important questions, I hope you will provide detailed and accurate answers!:cool:

I didn't delete them all at once. I used to make posts similar to the ones that I make now, but the next day, I would Delete the posts from the previous day. I figured that if I told a joke or said something funny, then it was for anyone reading AZB during THAT period and I didn't want it archived. I also Deleted posts arguing with a particular poster (or two). I've been Deleting posts since 1998 (I've been participating here a loooooong time).
Perhaps Mike H. has the capability to look up my posting history here. He certainly can verify my claim of Deleting nearly all my posts over these eight years.
Sadly, the Delete function is no more. I hope that I answered your question to your satisfaction.... (close to 10,000 posts)
Doug
( Let's EAT )

Edited to mention: Many of us were here from 1998, but in 2003 Mike changed servers and we all had to re-register here. Our post counts were re-set to Zero.

BillPorter
11-23-2006, 01:45 PM
I didn't delete them all at once. I used to make posts similar to the ones that I make now, but the next day, I would Delete the posts from the previous day. I figured that if I told a joke or said something funny, then it was for anyone reading AZB during THAT period and I didn't want it archived. I also Deleted posts arguing with a particular poster (or two). I've been Deleting posts since 1998 (I've been participating here a loooooong time).
Perhaps Mike H. has the capability to look up my posting history here. He certainly can verify my claim of Deleting nearly all my posts over these eight years.
Sadly, the Delete function is no more. I hope that I answered your question to your satisfaction.... (close to 10,000 posts)
Doug
( Let's EAT )

Edited to mention: Many of us were here from 1998, but in 2003 Mike changed servers and we all had to re-register here. Our post counts were re-set to Zero.

Hey, I thought you were kidding! After you described why you deleted many of your posts, it made me wish we had the Delete function back! Thanks for your detailed, insightful, and in-depth answer. Rep points for you.

BillPorter
11-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Now counting down from 10!

BillPorter
11-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Now counting down from 8!