PDA

View Full Version : Multiple accounts

Mr. Wilson
11-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Guys, just another warning.

Lately, I have been getting more and more complaints about personal attacks behind the scenes through PMs.

Funny, when I check nto these, often it is a well known poster who is hiding behind another name so they can launch an anonymous attack.

There's two problems here.

The first is posting nasty things to another posters rep, which if I get a complaint, I will check out and will treat it just like it was posted in public. That means either a warning or more, depending on who and what was said and whether they have sufficient reason to be banned.

This is just an example and a notice to anyone else who wants to go the same way.

Bruce S. De lis
Pool Slueth
Pool Padre
Pool Ghoulish
Bavompa

are all the same person and they are all permanently banned as of now.

Anyone else caught posting in this manner with more than one account will be removed permanently as well.

Jude Rosenstock
11-21-2006, 02:51 PM

Lately, I have been getting more and more complaints about personal attacks behind the scenes through PMs.

Funny, when I check nto these, often it is a well known poster who is hiding behind another name so they can launch an anonymous attack.

The first is posting nasty things to another posters rep, which if I get a complaint, I will check out and will treat it just like it was posted in public. That means either a warning or more, depending on who and what was said and whether they have sufficient reason to be banned.

This is just an example and a notice to anyone else who wants to go the same way.

Bruce S. De lis
Pool Slueth
Pool Padre
Pool Ghoulish
Bavompa

Anyone else caught posting in this manner with more than one account will be removed permanently as well.

Ok but what if I were to create multiple accounts so it appears everyone adores me? I mean, what if it were just a whole thread of "Jude, you're the best! You changed my life!" from all these people who just happened to also be me. Would that also get me in trouble?

Peer
11-21-2006, 03:01 PM
Jude Rosenstock wrote:
> Ok but what if I were to create multiple accounts
> so it appears everyone adores me?

Aha, now we know how you got all your greenees.

-- peer

Jude Rosenstock
11-21-2006, 03:01 PM
Jude Rosenstock wrote:
> Ok but what if I were to create multiple accounts
> so it appears everyone adores me?

Aha, now we know how you got all your greenees.

-- peer

For the record, Peer is actually me.

Mr. Wilson
11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Ok but what if I were to create multiple accounts so it appears everyone adores me? I mean, what if it were just a whole thread of "Jude, you're the best! You changed my life!" from all these people who just happened to also be me. Would that also get me in trouble?

There is only room for one Kevin Trudeau here.

Jude Rosenstock
11-21-2006, 03:20 PM
There is only room for one Kevin Trudeau here.

Mr. Trudeau WISHES he were me.

cubswin
11-21-2006, 03:26 PM

Bruce S. De lis
Pool Slueth
Pool Padre
Pool Ghoulish
Bavompa

gee I'll miss him like that boil I had

Jude Rosenstock
11-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Cubswin is me, too.

cubswin
11-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Cubswin is me, too.

And I am Jude Rosenstock, though I don't have his game in this garb.

Williebetmore
11-21-2006, 04:08 PM

Mr. W.,
Then why don't you do something about breakup? I happen to know for a fact that he has used several not-so-subtle screen names to launch vicious, slanderous, fabricated attacks on me.

Check out these screen names he has used:

AdolfHitttler
CharlieManson
Doofus
Couldn'thitthegroundwithspit
HannibalLecter
SuperNerd
JeffreyDaaaahmer

I'm POSITIVE that these are alter-ego's for breakup. Thanks for your help.

Mr. Wilson
11-21-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm POSITIVE that these are alter-ego's for breakup. Thanks for your help.

Man, he just PM'd me and dumped all the dirt right on you! :eek:

inthezone
11-21-2006, 05:01 PM

Just wondering why anyone is ever allowed to have more than one account simultaneously?

Timberly
11-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Bruce S. De lis
Pool Sleuth
Pool Padre
Pool Ghoulish
Bavompa

I thought Mike "deleted" the Bruce account like he did Fred's last yr? I recall Bruce asking Mike to do so after Fred had asked which Mike obliged but then made a point to let everyone know he wasn't going to do that anymore. Is the Bruce s. De lis that same one or is it a very similar name? Just curious because I wouldn't have thought that account could be signed onto anymore.

Bruce has been posting under Pool sleuth for awhile... I've tried to avoid his postings so I wouldn't know for sure... was he banned prior to this and is now mad and signing on under new names or was he not banned but just being a jerk to people?

Pool Ghoulish is the one that left me negative feedback about making a b-day post yesterday.

The other two names he used do not look familiar to me.

Timberly <--- just trying to make sense of it all.

Thanks

Poolprentice
11-21-2006, 06:40 PM
So...shouldn't this be an addentum to the rules, only 1 account allowed per person?

Seems fishy to me!

cuejoey
11-21-2006, 06:50 PM
it's going to be hard now for George Foremans kids to post now they are all named George !!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Mr. Wilson
11-21-2006, 07:22 PM
So...shouldn't this be an addentum to the rules, only 1 account allowed per person?

Seems fishy to me!

Have you read the rules?

Check them again.

Mr. Wilson
11-21-2006, 07:26 PM

Seems fishy to me!

Add another bunch to his list.

Cocobolo Nut
Poolprentice
UnoCasilla
Badge474NYPD
Jump Break
azbicyclis85376
Nueve Pelota
White Donuts
Dragnet
JumpBreakKid

I guess he learned from his short buddy.

Bruce, I know you'll read this, so know that you'll never be welcomed back.

Jude Rosenstock
11-21-2006, 08:34 PM
And I am Jude Rosenstock, though I don't have his game in this garb.

Whoa, I can say I'm you but you can't say you're me. People are gonna think I'm crazy!

cubswin
11-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Whoa, I can say I'm you but you can't say you're me. People are gonna think I'm crazy!

Of course I'm you, otherwise would I be me?

bigskyjake
11-21-2006, 10:51 PM
i might be rosenstock:cool: :cool:

xidica
11-21-2006, 11:58 PM
The Zen art of sock puppeting and creating multiple forum accounts.

It is a four click path!

cueball1950
11-22-2006, 12:35 AM

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi Timberly....:rolleyes: ..now girl..:rolleyes: .we are on a chat board with hidden identities most of the time.:cool: ... There is no sense to it all.:D ....lolol..............mike

cueball1950
11-22-2006, 12:39 AM
Gosh i just might be fast larry in hiding. :confused: or was i somebody else.:confused: getting old is playing mind games with me.:eek: wait a minute. i know who i am.:eek: i am none other than Mel Gibsum.:D Or am i Barner Fife.... somebody who knows me...:confused: please let me know who i am.:confused: .........mike

Purdman
11-22-2006, 05:39 AM
I am nobody special. I am just another Bozo on this bus. Sometimes I feel like a turd floating around in the toilet bowl of life waiting for somebody to push the flush handle. Life ain't fair but it is wonderful!
Purdman
PS: I can't say I am gonna miss Pollslut or his side kick Shorty. AMF guys and I promise I will not ever join a forum where you two are members. I also promise to put a tip in every Toco Bell tip jar I run into just in rememberance of Poolslut. I will also think of both of you when I see a ignorant post or question!:D

sjm
11-22-2006, 06:10 AM
I wonder if Cuetechasaurus will try to create additional accounts just so
that he can use them to give himself negative reputation. Hmmmmm.....

ScottR
11-22-2006, 06:16 AM
I wanna be Jude AND sjm!!! :( :)

catscradle
11-22-2006, 06:23 AM
Gosh i just might be fast larry in hiding. :confused: or was i somebody else.:confused: getting old is playing mind games with me.:eek: wait a minute. i know who i am.:eek: i am none other than Mel Gibsum.:D Or am i Barner Fife.... somebody who knows me...:confused: please let me know who i am.:confused: .........mike

"The shadow knows", ask him. :)
If you don't recognize that phrase, you're not really getting THAT old.
Me, I'm "Catscradle" and "Steve Ellis". At least, I think I'm "Steve Ellis", and Mr. Wilson, you can delete the "Steve Ellis" persona if it suits your fancy. I haven't used it in years.
This thread reminds me of the end of the movie Spartacus. "I'm Spartacus", "I'm Spartacus", etc.

Southpaw
11-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Would the REAL Rosenstock please stand up.........

Southpaw

chefjeff
11-22-2006, 08:18 AM
(snip)

Bruce S. De lis
Pool Slueth
Pool Padre
Pool Ghoulish
Bavompa

(snip)

Pool Slueth??!!?? Damn, now I won't be able to remember who Einstein is.:eek:

Jeff Livingston

Jude Rosenstock
11-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Would the REAL Rosenstock please stand up.........

Southpaw

ugh, I gotta stand-up now? Ok, I'm standing and all my office neighbors are staring at me. Thanks.

steev
11-22-2006, 10:29 AM
This thread reminds me of the end of the movie Spartacus. "I'm Spartacus", "I'm Spartacus", etc.

I was thinking of 'Being John Malkovich'.

Malkovich Malkovich. Malkovich? Malkovich! Malkovich Malkovich!

-s

/just thought i'd share.

Sweet Marissa
11-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...

supergreenman
11-22-2006, 03:59 PM

Bruce S. De lis
Pool Slueth
Pool Padre
Pool Ghoulish
Bavompa

In honor of this banning, I went to the local coffee shop and tipped the girl a $1 for a $1.40 coffee :D

tk_it_ez
11-22-2006, 04:57 PM
I thought Mike "deleted" the Bruce account like he did Fred's last yr? I recall Bruce asking Mike to do so after Fred had asked which Mike obliged but then made a point to let everyone know he wasn't going to do that anymore. Is the Bruce s. De lis that same one or is it a very similar name? Just curious because I wouldn't have thought that account could be signed onto anymore.

Bruce has been posting under Pool sleuth for awhile... I've tried to avoid his postings so I wouldn't know for sure... was he banned prior to this and is now mad and signing on under new names or was he not banned but just being a jerk to people?

Pool Ghoulish is the one that left me negative feedback about making a b-day post yesterday.

The other two names he used do not look familiar to me.

Thanks

He gave you negative feedback for a birthday post after all of the BS posts he has made! He was complaining that your post should have been in the NPR section? I would definitley call that ironic. Most of his posts should have been in the "I thought about posting this but then I thought better of it" section.

Isn't everyone going to miss the polls??? LOL

Nathan

TX Poolnut
11-23-2006, 08:11 AM
For the record, TX Poolnut and hillbilly are two completely different people who share 1 computer.

The difference is that hillbilly gives TX Poolnut 75 points in a race to 150 and usually wins.:)

Mr. Wilson
11-23-2006, 10:15 AM
For the record, TX Poolnut and hillbilly are two completely different people who share 1 computer.

The difference is that hillbilly gives TX Poolnut 75 points in a race to 150 and usually wins.:)

We can tell the difference.

I also often check where the IP traces to if I am going to ban it.

There are people ( who can speak up if they want ) that can confirm that I will make contact with them and question what's up if I see something unusual.

Happy Thanksgiving all :)

Dave

bigpocket
11-23-2006, 11:34 PM
We can tell the difference.

I also often check where the IP traces to if I am going to ban it.

There are people ( who can speak up if they want ) that can confirm that I will make contact with them and question what's up if I see something unusual.

Happy Thanksgiving all :)

Dave

Yep he checks. If you been naughty or good and I am a good boy right MR. Wilson.;)

travis trotter
11-24-2006, 07:42 PM
well to me mr wilson is doing a good job when it comes to banning members here on az billiards people who register here should only be allowed to register once and that is it what is up with these members that are making mulitple accounts on here anyway? :)

happy holidays mr wilson :)

thanks

Ronoh
11-25-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm nobody.

Please, check my IP Address. If I am coming up multiple times, tell me ASAP.

If this is being seen, then I'll see it all.

easy audience.

Honestly, stay safe, stay true.

cuetechasaurus
11-25-2006, 04:43 AM

In one of the bad reps I gave me, I cussed myself out.

xidica
11-25-2006, 09:11 AM
In one of the bad reps I gave me, I cussed myself out.

We'll I'll just give you some more ;)

PoolSharkAllen
11-25-2006, 12:14 PM
We'll I'll just give you some more ;)
If it's for a good cause, I'm always one to help out! ...with giving cuetech some more bad rep points! :)

NYC cue dude
11-27-2006, 05:42 PM
our infamous friend, jasper, from the ipt section, came back to pay us a visit today as a new member "star".

it only took him 25 minutes back, before being banned.

i tip my hat to the mods for acting so quickly and efficiently!!!!

thanks

rg

sde
11-27-2006, 06:20 PM
i tip my hat to the mods for acting so quickly and efficiently!!!!

thanks

rg

With a little help from you. Thank you very much!

Steve

LWW
12-10-2006, 06:07 PM
I am really Donald Rumsfeld.

LWW

Andrew Manning
12-11-2006, 02:13 PM
I am really Donald Rumsfeld.

LWW

I knew it all along!!!

I'm never taking anything you say seriously again.

As for me, I'm Batman.

-Andrew

Jude Rosenstock
12-11-2006, 02:45 PM
I knew it all along!!!

I'm never taking anything you say seriously again.

As for me, I'm Batman.

-Andrew

Yes but I'm Andrew Manning which only means that I, too am Batman!

ScottR
12-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Yes but I'm Andrew Manning which only means that I, too am Batman!
And, I STILL want to be Jude Rosenstock . . . . :o :D

1pRoscoe
12-14-2006, 01:00 PM
So do I need to remain "1pRoscoe" or do you want me to use "sjm" going forward, as they are both my accounts? Either will work, but I'd just like to know for clarity which would be preferred...

Andrew Manning
12-14-2006, 02:07 PM
So do I need to remain "1pRoscoe" or do you want me to use "sjm" going forward, as they are both my accounts? Either will work, but I'd just like to know for clarity which would be preferred...

Stick with sjm, you're way smarter when you post with that one :p

-Andrew

quitecoolguy
12-21-2006, 04:53 PM
quitecoolguy is really who he says he is....

Big Black Guy from Richmond VA. Timberly and Purdman can validate that fact..ha ha ha

ironman
12-22-2006, 07:48 AM

One other difference, Poolnut speaks English and hillbilly speaks ANGLISH...
It's ok Todd, ha knows I love more than bowling.

LWW
12-31-2006, 02:22 AM
How is it handled if 2 members are in the same family using the same ISP and the same IP address?

LWW

Mr. Wilson
12-31-2006, 10:24 AM
What is the user name?

Shouldn't be a problem.

Dave

LWW
01-02-2007, 05:04 AM
What is the user name?

Shouldn't be a problem.

Dave
Hasn't signed up yet. It would be Mrs LWW. I'll PM you if she decides to sign up.

LWW

BlowFish
01-02-2007, 08:27 PM
I don't see an issue with Multiple Accounts. You could have a family who are in here or Dorm mates who share 1 Access Point. Or also a person with multiple computers. How can you tell if you don't ask who's who?

The issue is the BAD Use or ABUSE of Multiple Accounts, then the moderators start looking at it with a fine tooth comb.

For the record, I only have a Username. What would look fishy is that I come from multiple IP Addresses. When in HK, Office comes thru US IP and Home comes from HK IP on the same day. When traveling, Office comes thru US IP again and another different IP (depends on which Country/City I am in) after office hours.

Mr. Wilson
01-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Correct.

It's when the abuse starts that usually turns up.

I have come to find examples in the past and have brought them to the poster's attention.

Most have a very reasonable explanation.

Some.....are just obvious.

cuejoey
01-03-2007, 03:12 AM
if George Foreman and his 5 sons George show up there might be a minor hicup..:eek:

BlowFish
01-03-2007, 12:17 PM
if George Foreman and his 5 sons George show up there might be a minor hicup..:eek:

But you can't have 6 Georges at the same time. :p

ribdoner
01-03-2007, 12:20 PM

IT's GEORGE:D :D :D

George
01-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Considering I'm already here:D I don't think I'll argue with Mr. Foreman if he shows up though:eek: :)

George<----the original

berlowmj
03-21-2007, 12:03 PM
How does one post an avatar?

Mr. Wilson
03-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Look in the user CP, there will be an option.