PDA

View Full Version : Rerack question

Paul Mon
02-26-2007, 10:04 AM
If the break ball is pocket in the wrong pocket or the shooter plays safe and pockets the ball are all 15 balls reracked tightly? Or do you simply place the 15th ball on the spot and take whatever gaps are there. I can not find a rule covering this. Is it a courtesy to allow the incoming player the option to rerack at their discretion? There may be cases where a big gap could be desirable in playing a safe.

Paul Mon

briandlau
02-26-2007, 10:15 AM
on the spot. you don't rerack.

Gerry
02-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I re-rack if the ball is not tight on the stack. This has always been the way we played. In a tourney yesterday I saw this maybe 6 times, every time they were re-racked. Why should the incoming player be penalized?

Gerry

arsenius
02-26-2007, 11:15 AM
I re-rack if the ball is not tight on the stack. This has always been the way we played. In a tourney yesterday I saw this maybe 6 times, every time they were re-racked. Why should the incoming player be penalized?

Gerry
I think paul's point was that the incoming player may be penalized by having the balls be reracked. My (limited) understanding was that it was optional to rerack.

kaznj
02-26-2007, 11:30 AM
check out http://www.bca-pool.com/play/ for rules off all games. Usually the rack is used to tighten up the 15 balls if you pocketed and scratch on the 15th ball and the rack is still intack. Both players should agree on this, and I have never seen anyone at a professional tournament say no.

Neil
02-26-2007, 04:21 PM

Vahmurka
02-27-2007, 06:14 AM
I've always believed that you are not allowed to move the balls once racked. There is no single word about possibility of re-racking all 15 balls in case of spotting a ball in official rules (WPA and BCA). I think it is assumed that the rack should be done properly, and in this case the spotted ball rests in contact with neighbours. Thus, if the rack is not perfect, the gap should be there and not changed.
Rack precisely.

Vahmurka
01-28-2008, 10:07 AM
due to changes in World Standardized Rules all that's been said is to be revized.
4.6 Spotting Balls
All balls pocketed on fouls, or on safeties, or without a called ball having been pocketed, and all balls driven off the table are spotted. (See 1.4 Spotting Balls.) If the fifteenth ball of a rack needs to be spotted and the fourteen balls have not been touched, the fifteenth ball will spot on the apex spot and the referee may use the triangle to assure a tight rack.

Please note that while playing :)