PDA

View Full Version : update on Alex "The Lion"

wayne hancock
03-29-2003, 06:19 AM
Just let his fans know that Alex is in Toronto...playing a lot of snooker and running centuries...he is still playing 9 Ball...

He usually can be found during the day at 'Le Spot' or 'Shooters' at nite he usually finds a 9 Ball weekly tourney and on Wednesdays has been going to "V I P" to play in the weekly handicap snooker event....

bye for now....

bruin70
03-29-2003, 01:27 PM
i got my first chance to see AP in atlantic city. yikes! this little guy splits dead center on the pocket every time. and what a stroke. he has become my new favorite pocketeer.

i do an imitation of him. i climb all over my friends like a little kid. :)

AzHousePro
03-29-2003, 03:51 PM
When you are doing your Alex impression, do you have a maniacal grin on your face like this???

http://www.azbilliards.com/gallery/jossclassic2003/P3290032.jpg

Cardinal_Syn
03-29-2003, 11:24 PM
saw him at shooters...but regularly at Le Spot.....he's pretty short.....and i though i was short.:D

pooladdict
03-30-2003, 11:20 AM
He probably looks like a maniac since he can't find any pockets on that table! :D

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AzHousePro
[B]When you are doing your Alex impression, do you have a maniacal grin on your face like this???

cardiac kid
04-02-2003, 06:52 AM
Hi Bruin 70,

If you like "The Lion", check out some of the photos Diana Hoppe posted of the 2003 Classic Billiards Tournament! Canadian citizen he may be but, his heart and attitude is pure Philippino. What an guy! Watching Alex and Kieth play Sunday was, at the least, exciting. I think Kieth got to him with the ongoing "Little Man" comments. Regardless, Alex certainly was a fan favorite here.

AzHousePro
04-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Alex was playing on the table next to Keith during the Open last year and Keith was tossing 'Little Man' into his woofing on a regular basis.

Very fun to listen to.

Mike

wayne hancock
04-04-2003, 12:01 AM
Alex has been doing well lately....9 Ball he has had a second and split the $$$ on two successive Monday nite events....and he has won a weekly snooker event in Toronto....

Along with witch he came in third to Strickland and McCready....in New York State......

I say that he is having a good run......will ask him about "The Little Man" comment.....

Wayne in TO

Cardinal_Syn
04-04-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by wayne hancock
Alex has been doing well lately....9 Ball he has had a second and split the $$$ on two successive Monday nite events....and he has won a weekly snooker event in Toronto....

Wayne in TO
would this tournament happened to be in Shooters?

wayne hancock
04-05-2003, 01:16 PM
The 9 Ball is in Shooters on Monday nights....the snooker at VIP on Wednesday...there are others 9 Ball weekly tourneys around the GTA...but I don't know where they are....

bye for now....

Cardinal_Syn
04-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by wayne hancock
The 9 Ball is in Shooters on Monday nights....the snooker at VIP on Wednesday...there are others 9 Ball weekly tourneys around the GTA...but I don't know where they are....

bye for now....
i hear he also go to the one i enter most of the time every sunday at Silver Cue.....i haven't seen him there yet though, although i see him at Le Spot ones in a while.

Renegade
02-26-2004, 01:56 AM
Alex is definitely one of my favorites. Hopefully he manages to keep his focus and stay at his game. I would like to see him improve on his 2nd place finishes last year, but hey, the guy still has a lot of years going for him! Could he be the next Efren? :eek:

amateur
02-26-2004, 02:22 AM
Wayne, does Alex plan on making a trip to England to play some big guns at snooker someday? Will he really try to seriously compete in that discipline, or is he just having fun?

LastTwo
02-26-2004, 03:45 AM
Canada is just as snooker-crazy as England is. There are many big guns there.

marigold
02-26-2004, 06:20 AM
i love his sense of humor!!! :D

gold

Keith McCready
02-26-2004, 09:11 AM
It's always great running into Alex! I kind of like running into him off the table than on it. ;)

wayne hancock
02-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Hi:

Sorry, haven't been keeping up with this thread......Last Two asked about other Snooker players in Canada...Alain Robidoux, Cliff Thorburn and Bob Chaperon can still run the balls..

Someone questioned whether he would go to England and try the big boys...I too would like to see that.

Alex has been absent from Toronto since sometime in November. We know he spent Christmas in Hawii...

As for Keith....your 'little man comment' may bother him...when asked about it ....he just laughed it off....am not sure what that means...

bye for now.....Wayne (Toronto)

King Cueball
02-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Alex is a cool guy, I remember one tournament I was sittining in the stands and He and his girl friend sat net to me. I was talking to the both of them while he waited for his next match.

mjantti
02-27-2004, 03:36 AM
Canada is just as snooker-crazy as England is. There are many big guns there.

I think Canada has produced the only non-British world champion in snooker Cliff Thorburn. Not bad, eh ? :-)

sniper
02-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Alex is one of the most exciting and humble players in the game, after you see him shoot in person you will truly believe this guy is the next "Efren"