PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question....

Irish634
04-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Rule 6.4
THE RACK
Standard triangle rack with the apex ball on the foot spot, 1-ball on the racker’s right corner, 5-ball on left corner.Other balls are placed at random and must touch their neighbors.

I've always done it because it's the rule but, why are these two balls racked in these spots. Is there a significance to it?

Also, what if the 1 or the 5 is the 15th ball?

Just wondering.
Craig

mjantti
04-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Rule 6.4
THE RACK
Standard triangle rack with the apex ball on the foot spot, 1-ball on the racker’s right corner, 5-ball on left corner.Other balls are placed at random and must touch their neighbors.

I've always done it because it's the rule but, why are these two balls racked in these spots. Is there a significance to it?

Just wondering.
Craig

The regular opening shot in 14.1 is done by hitting either corner ball depending from which side the player likes to break. Those two balls are the brightest balls in the rack and the aiming of the opening shot becomes easier. It's surprisingly difficult to aim if the corner of the rack is full of dark balls and the lighting is inadequate.

acedotcom
04-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Rule 6.4
THE RACK

Just wondering.
Craig

the rule only applies to the opening rack

mjantti
04-18-2007, 11:12 AM
the rule only applies to the opening rack

Exactly that. After the first break shot it doesn't matter in what order the balls are racked in.

Irish634
04-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Thank you guys. I have been playing it right all along :D