PDA

View Full Version : Portable Counters are ready

JoeW
04-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Beth has the first AZB Portable Counter for 14.1 completed (see photo below). It is in a leatherette covered wooden box 4 X 8 X 2 inches. Beads and wire are brass and silver plated brass. Fives and tens counters are made of wood. She found that the beads are tight enough that she did not need to put tabs on the extra wire. The artist in her did not like the bare wires in the box.

The top and bottom wire count to 50. The center wire has two or three functions. On the right is the ball count for games to 300. The beads on the left of the center wire can be used to count a rack score or they can be used for transition between racks and scores less than a multiple of 50.

There is some flexibility in color selection. If you prefer different colors let her know.

The price is $25.00 + $5.00 shipping and handling. You can order from Beth on her web site: http://www.sunburstselect.com/Beth2/index.htm . Click on order form and follow the directions. Refer your wife or girlfriend to see her unique creations. Just a small ad here as she made these for us per our suggestions.

The easiest way is to order is by email bethmoore1203@yahoo.com with your name, address and the quantity. The price is reduced if you order four or more.

You can pay by check, money order or Paypal. Go to https://www.paypal.com ,select “send money” and send to bethmoore1203@yahoo.com

Or you can mail a check or money order to:
Beth Moore
710 E. Martin St.
East Palestine, Ohio 44413

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/JoeW04/AZBPortableCounter.jpg

dmgwalsh
04-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Good Job. I just ordered one via paypal.

Donovan
04-28-2007, 06:23 PM
I orderd one today too!

boozebag
04-28-2007, 11:46 PM
looks excellent,

any idea how much for postage to the UK

thanks Greg

JoeW
04-29-2007, 07:07 AM
looks excellent,

any idea how much for postage to the UK

thanks Greg

Shipping to England for those who are interested.

$9.50 by air (takes a couple of days)
$4.00 by boat (takes 6 weeks)

JoeW
04-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Beth now has five orders (three filled) in the first two days so the idea has paid for itself, though she hasn't "made" any thing yet. Thank you everyone.

pool
04-30-2007, 11:14 AM
I placed my order yesterday and am looking forward to delivery. The local pool room doesn't have counters for games like 14.1. They have 8 beads for sets and the like. Their Diamond tables don't have counters built in either. This should be freakin' sweet.

boozebag
05-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks Joe,
i just ordered a set today, look forward to trying them out

Greg

boozebag
05-12-2007, 03:34 AM
Hi all, recieved my counters in the post this morning, very well wrapped and i couldn't be happier with them.

Thanks very much :)

Greg

justnum
05-12-2007, 06:37 PM
nice something to put on my christmas wishlist.

I hope they still make them come December.

JoeW
06-05-2007, 09:03 AM
John ? telephoned my daughter to buy two pool counters. She tried to phone back a few times but gets a "Verizon customer out of service area" message. Please PM me or Beth at addresses listed in the first post of this thread.

I can bring to Maryland if you are going to be at the tournament.

Russ Chewning
06-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Beth has the first AZB Portable Counter for 14.1 completed (see photo below). It is in a leatherette covered wooden box 4 X 8 X 2 inches. Beads and wire are brass and silver plated brass. Fives and tens counters are made of wood. She found that the beads are tight enough that she did not need to put tabs on the extra wire. The artist in her did not like the bare wires in the box.

The top and bottom wire count to 50. The center wire has two or three functions. On the right is the ball count for games to 300. The beads on the left of the center wire can be used to count a rack score or they can be used for transition between racks and scores less than a multiple of 50.

There is some flexibility in color selection. If you prefer different colors let her know.

The price is $25.00 + $5.00 shipping and handling. You can order from Beth on her web site: http://www.sunburstselect.com/Beth2/index.htm . Click on order form and follow the directions. Refer your wife or girlfriend to see her unique creations. Just a small ad here as she made these for us per our suggestions.

The easiest way is to order is by email bethmoore1203@yahoo.com with your name, address and the quantity. The price is reduced if you order four or more.

You can pay by check, money order or Paypal. Go to https://www.paypal.com ,select “send money” and send to bethmoore1203@yahoo.com

Or you can mail a check or money order to:
Beth Moore
710 E. Martin St.
East Palestine, Ohio 44413

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/JoeW04/AZBPortableCounter.jpg

I can't see photobucket pictures, as I am on a military network.. Can you please upload the pic?

Russ

Irish634
06-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I can't see photobucket pictures, as I am on a military network.. Can you please upload the pic?

Russ

Here you go Russ

Russ Chewning
06-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Here you go Russ

Cool. Interesting idea. I never would have thought of a small portable scoring system like this...

Russ

JohnnyP
06-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Joe:

It's me, JohnnyP. I sent Beth an email this morning, and asked if she could ship two of them COD by UPS or FedEx, and pay by money order.

The one in the photo looks great.

JoeW
06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Beth has now sold 12 counters and has to re-order the boxes. She had to replace one set because the wire was wrapped too tight and it broke.

Someones asked if they would be available at Christmas time. She said that now it is only a matter of having the supplies on hand. She orders 12 boxes at a time and the beads are in her supplies so she can make and send as needed.

She tells me she was surprised with the number of orders she has received and originally thought the extra boxes would get used for some other purpose. It is nice to know that her work is appreciated. No complaints so far and people seem to like the work.

CreeDo
06-06-2007, 08:59 AM
hey, this is a neat idea and looks well done. If I could run more than 5 balls in straight pool I'd probably want something like this on hand :D

JohnnyP
06-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Hooray! She called me this morning to confirm my order.

JohnnyP
06-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Thank you Beth, they look great, and I can't wait to go play some straight pool (dreaming of fifty ball runs).

JoeW
06-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I'll pass it on. She is out of town for a few days.