PDA

View Full Version : Liz Ford chops up Earl at the BLAZE! You are my HERO!!!

SUPERSTAR
05-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Congratulations to Liz ford on her playing so rock solid At LEISURE TIME BILLIARDS that it caused Earl Strickland to forfeit mid match while losing the set, and in the process, making him lose his mind, go on tilt, curse out everyone in the place and say some truly unbelievable things to basically make a humongous ass out of himself.

Liz, you should think of it as a huge feather in your cap and smile every time you think of it after having to endure that indignant confrontational world class piece of junk. (anyone who heard some of the stuff he was saying would agree in an instant)
Liz you should be proud.
You deserve nothing less then having a parade in your honor celebrating it.
The next time i see you, the first thing i am gonna do is congratulate you in person for a job well done.:D

JoeyInCali
05-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Damn!
Congrats to Liz for beating Earl.

jay helfert
05-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Congratulations to Liz ford on her playing so rock solid that it caused Earl Strickland to forfeit mid match while losing the set, and in the process, making him lose his mind, go on tilt, curse out everyone in the place and say some truly unbelievable things to basically make a humongous ass out of himself.

Liz, you should think of it as a huge feather in your cap and smile every time you think of it after having to endure that indignant confrontational world class piece of junk. (anyone who head some of the stuff he was saying would agree in an instant)
Liz you should be proud.
You deserve nothing less then having a parade in your honor celebrating it.
The next time i see you, the first thing i am gonna do is congratulate you in person for a job well done.:D

Tell us how you really feel Suppy.

bruin70
05-08-2007, 10:48 PM
so where did they meet,,,,

and i wish i were there.

SUPERSTAR
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Tell us how you really feel Suppy.

I am smiling ear to ear for her thinking about it. I believe the phrase is S@!# eating grin. Just like this smiley:D

SUPERSTAR
05-08-2007, 10:53 PM
so where did they meet,,,,

and i wish i were there.

MY bad, already edited it.

iralee
05-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Congratulations to Liz ford on her playing so rock solid that it caused Earl Strickland to forfeit mid match while losing the set, and in the process, making him lose his mind, go on tilt, curse out everyone in the place and say some truly unbelievable things to basically make a humongous ass out of himself.

That win is extremely significant for her to have in her pocket... go Liz!

cuechick
05-09-2007, 06:11 AM
She mentioned something in her blog (http://sticksandballsandholes.blogspot.com/) but in such an understated way, I was not sure what she meant. FYI: Her blog is pretty entertaining, she has a great sense of humor.

Nice going Liz!

uwate
05-09-2007, 06:30 AM
she is pretty hot too :-)

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1116/img3033sm5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Slider
05-09-2007, 06:53 AM
1) Earl has some sort of psychological handicap regarding playing pool with women.

2) Supe, you have an absolutely amazing set of t3at5.

Ken

Barbara
05-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Well, her nickname is "The Giant Killer"!

Congrats Liz!!

Barbara

Craig Fales
05-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Way to go Liz...I like seeing 'em crumble like a cookie...:D

Maniac
05-09-2007, 08:31 AM
SUPERSTAR,

Here's something pretty cool :cool: . On your avatar, if you take a piece of paper (or a business card, your hand, etc.) and cover up the top half of it (basically the hair line on up), it looks like a ladies a$$ :eek: . Geez, the best of both worlds ;) !!!

I must be a sick puppy, eh??? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Maniac

lizford
05-09-2007, 08:52 AM
As I just wrote to Superstar:

"Thanks for outing me...
The attention-whore in me says "Yay!" but the other 95% of me has a sinking feeling like a target was just placed around my neck :)"

Rather than being upset, I was tickled pink that I got the honor of the full "Earl Show". I would have felt cheated if I played him and nothing happened. Or worse, if he tore through me like I wasn't even there.

crawfish
05-09-2007, 08:58 AM

"Thanks for outing me...
The attention-whore in me says "Yay!" but the other 95% of me has a sinking feeling like a target was just placed around my neck :)"

Rather than being upset, I was tickled pink that I got the honor of the full "Earl Show". I would have felt cheated if I played him and nothing happened. Or worse, if he tore through me like I wasn't even there.Could I get some details of this match? Ranked, Unranked? Why Earl snapped? I mean, congratulations on a match, I think.

CreeDo
05-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I second the details. Video plz?!?!!11?

Did you give him any weight? ;D

jay helfert
05-09-2007, 10:01 AM

"Thanks for outing me...

Rather than being upset, I was tickled pink that I got the honor of the full "Earl Show". I would have felt cheated if I played him and nothing happened. Or worse, if he tore through me like I wasn't even there.

This is a girl that has her head on straight. You'll go far.

Barbara
05-09-2007, 10:08 AM

"Thanks for outing me...

LMAO!! You're too funny!!

Barbara

crawfish
05-09-2007, 10:19 AM
I just have to know some details of this match. Was there three games to seven or something like that? Even? I know in some of our local tournaments, we have to give up five going to seven. Was this the situation? Or, was it even, and he snapped when he got down and everyone cheered for the lady?

PROG8R
05-09-2007, 10:23 AM

"Thanks for outing me...

Congrats!!
What were you doing at Leisure Time? Who won what ever tourney was going on there? Jessie B.? He would be my bet since it is his place ya know (someday (DADDY'S NOW)).

PROG8R
05-09-2007, 10:26 AM
1) Earl has some sort of psychological handicap regarding playing pool with women.

Ken

I can't fault him for that. I have always had a problem playing HOT women!! They just get right in my head and I can't think anymore. But who cares Your HOT! so thats why I want Laura Lindauer!! GRRR!!! :o

SUPERSTAR
05-09-2007, 10:35 AM

2) Supe, you have an absolutely amazing set of t3at5.

Ken

Ok, lets get something straight. SUPERSTAR's AVATAR has what some would deem, "desirable characteristics" but in reality, i am a man, and don't have a chest that looks like that, although i am barrel chested.

I threw it up there when there was that whole avatar thread a while back that caused so much controversy.

As for Earl, he is Psychologically handicapped with ANYONE he feels is beneath him. If they start to play well, he goes into his patented performance.

lizford
05-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm not 100% comfterbuls talking about this but I guess there is no shame in being truthful and I would rather describe it myself, correctly:

Blaze Open Tournament
Race to 7
Alternating Break (break from the box)
Very Soft 9' Tables
Third round of the winner's bracket

I had Earl stuck 5-0, 4 of those racks were me running out after fighting for control of the table on the 1 or 2. In the 5th rack I got two major rolls. The "Show" started around rack 3 and got progressively worse, especially after rack 5. Earl countered with 3 racks (the last in which I missed a tough nine ball after he missed the 6). At 5-3 he missed the 2 ball, leaving me one tough "out" shot and the rest of the balls hanging (out 99% of the time). After I made the "out" shot he conceded the match. He did shake my hand.

!Smorgass Bored
05-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Congrats Liz!!
Barbara

Ahem, I believe THAT nickname is taken. Maybe she could call herself "The Rifleman."
Doug
( someone help me out here... was it Little David Howard's )

Steve Lipsky
05-09-2007, 10:44 AM

"Thanks for outing me...

Wow... I am so damned happy for you! I cannot wait to hear all the gory details in Vegas!

Really Liz, you should be so proud of the new heights to which you've taken your game. It's been great to watch.

- Steve

SUPERSTAR
05-09-2007, 10:45 AM
WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!

rackem
05-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Ahem, I believe THAT nickname is taken. Maybe she could call herself "The Rifleman."
Doug

Better ask Buddy first.;)

lizford
05-09-2007, 11:01 AM

Congrats Liz!!

Barbara

Barbara is the only one who calls me that, despite my protestations.
I don't know who had it first, but I do know that Nikki Benish/Hollingsworth went by that name.

JAM
05-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Ok, lets get something straight. SUPERSTAR's AVATAR has what some would deem, "desirable characteristics" but in reality, i am a man, and don't have a chest that looks like that, although i am barrel chested.

I threw it up there when there was that whole avatar thread a while back that caused so much controversy.

No offense to you SUPERSTAR, but Liz Ford can give your avatar the 3 and out when it comes to good looks.

In reality, the only thing that pops out of your avatar are a woman's sweat glands, and they are abnormal looking, IMHO. :D

JAM

Mystick Cue Fan
05-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Barbara is the only one who calls me that, despite my protestations.
I don't know who had it first, but I do know that Nikki Benish/Hollingsworth went by that name.

Hey lizard, you did a great job.....Most of us can't even beat local shortstops and your thumping on one of the best in the world. How does Liz," the Lizard " sound?

Tony<---------Still thinking of corny nicknames to call you.

hippiepool
05-09-2007, 11:10 AM
S.S .............. glad to see you have gotten so much mileage out of this ..that's what it's all about , in my humble opinion....
also , I'm sorry to hear that you have disowned me , still hope that me , you , and " stitchie" can hang out sometime this summer ....later , H.P.

rackmsuckr
05-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Wow Liz, congrats! Your version was nothing like what was posted on here. It sounded like he quit midway through, but it actually looks like he was toast anyway and couldn't stick around for the finish. Sounds like you have come a long way from those OR days. Good for you, keep it up. :)

SUPERSTAR
05-09-2007, 11:23 AM
No offense to you SUPERSTAR, but Liz Ford can give your avatar the 3 and out when it comes to good looks.

In reality, the only thing that pops out of your avatar are a woman's sweat glands, and they are abnormal looking, IMHO. :D

JAM

I am wondering if the one called JAM has some anatomy and physiology in her background? Or do all women know that boobs are modified sweat glands?

Hhhhmmm.

anyway, nevermind, back to topic

JAM
05-09-2007, 11:31 AM
I am wondering if the one called JAM has some anatomy and physiology in her background? Or do all women know that boobs are modified sweat glands?

No, JAM doesn't, but I know SUPERSTAR has some anatomy and physiology in SUPERSTAR's background for sure! ;)

JAM

ribdoner
05-09-2007, 11:53 AM

JAM

Fast forward 30 yrs.....she'll be able to dribble those things across half court.

Wait, isn't double dribble a turnover:confused:

On topic: It appears LIZ plays as good as she looks:)

despotic931
05-09-2007, 11:58 AM

JAM

Tap Tap Tap, I love this thread, it's a story of "Beauty" taking down "the Beast"! :D

jay helfert
05-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Hey lizard, you did a great job.....Most of us can't even beat local shortstops and your thumping on one of the best in the world. How does Liz," the Lizard " sound?

Tony<---------Still thinking of corny nicknames to call you.

That name's taken too. Just got off the phone with the Imperial Lizard as he prefers to be called.

jay helfert
05-09-2007, 12:08 PM

Hhhhmmm.

anyway, nevermind, back to topic

Dont sweat it.

UrackmIcrackm
05-09-2007, 12:09 PM
That name's taken too. Just got off the phone with the Imperial Lizard as he prefers to be called.
The only "Lizard" I've ever known is a guy named Steve and calling himself the "Imperial Lizard" sounds about right. Jay, are you referring to a gentleman by the name of Steve?

jay helfert
05-09-2007, 12:10 PM
The only "Lizard" I've ever known is a guy named Steve and calling himself the "Imperial Lizard" sounds about right. Jay, are you referring to a gentleman by the name of Steve?

Natch, that's him. In San Marcos as we speak.

UrackmIcrackm
05-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Natch, that's him. In San Marcos as we speak.
The last time I spoke to him, he said that he was living in south TX. He tends to roam at times so I wasn't sure if he was still there. Did he mention if he is going to Vegas or not? It would be a treat to speak with him again. Thanks

jay helfert
05-09-2007, 12:17 PM
The last time I spoke to him, he said that he was living in south TX. He tends to roam at times so I wasn't sure if he was still there. Did he mention if he is going to Vegas or not? It would be a treat to speak with him again. Thanks

He is not going to be there.

hippiepool
05-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Fast forward 30 yrs.....she'll be able to dribble those things across half court.

Wait, isn't double dribble a turnover:confused:

On topic: It appears LIZ plays as good as she looks:)
not in the n.b.a. .maybe the w.n.b.a. .......

BrooklynJay
05-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm not 100% comfterbuls talking about this but I guess there is no shame in being truthful and I would rather describe it myself, correctly:

Blaze Open Tournament
Race to 7
Very Soft 9' Tables

I had Earl stuck 5-0, 4 of those racks were me running out after fighting for control of the table on the 1 or 2. In the 5th rack I got two major rolls. The "Show" started around rack 3 and got progressively worse, especially after rack 5. Earl countered with 3 racks (the last in which I missed a tough nine ball after he missed the 6). At 5-3 he missed the 2 ball, leaving me one tough "out" shot and the rest of the balls hanging (out 99% of the time). After I made the "out" shot he conceded the match. He did shake my hand.

since she likes green so much, nice avatar in that green sweater by the way, how about "green machine" for a nickname. :D

liz "green machine" ford. nice ring to it no?

(yes, your blog about that color is coming back to haunt you)

ShootingArts
05-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Congratulations on the win and thanks for putting your version of the story out. It sounds like Earl wasn't a saint but also wasn't nearly as terrible as some of the posts indicated.

Rep points for class, on the table and on the forum. (In case you didn't know rep points are indicated by the green dots in your messages. When you get a complete set of them you get . . . . . . well you don't get anything but it is the thought that counts, I hope!)

Hu

Blaze Open Tournament
Race to 7
Very Soft 9' Tables

JoeyA
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM

And you're married. :p
JoeyA

JoeyA
05-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Doug
( someone help me out here... was it Little David Howard's )

Maybe THE SIZZLE but now with the gum fetish, it could get kind of kinky. :D

Congrats to you Liz. May you have many more victories.
JoeyA

jay helfert
05-09-2007, 07:41 PM

Nice curves...er, I mean nice cue!

poolmouse
05-09-2007, 08:12 PM
one shaft broken out of disgust - $150

prize money lost from being booted from yet another tournament - $1500

packing it up while taking a beating from another up and coming player - priceless

:)

poolmouse

Caromsoft
05-09-2007, 09:00 PM
How about "Mustang Lizzie" Ford :)

SUPERSTAR
05-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Wow Liz, congrats! Your version was nothing like what was posted on here. It sounded like he quit midway through, but it actually looks like he was toast anyway and couldn't stick around for the finish. Sounds like you have come a long way from those OR days. Good for you, keep it up. :)

I have to hand it to her, she has far to much class to come on here and berate one of her peers on a public forum. So even if he was at his worst, i highly doubt that you'd hear that reflected in how she describes it.
But that doesn't mean it didn't go down that way.

I wonder what that guy who knocked him out of the tournament would describe.:eek:

Regardless, the plans for a parade are in the works!!:D

Mystick Cue Fan
05-09-2007, 09:21 PM

Mr smith......I presume. I always seem to have a pleasant conversation with him everytime he comes to my town and robs our weekly tournament. :D Good human being and super nice guy to talk to. I haven't heard of the imperial lizard. I'll have to mention it the next time I see him.

Tony

SUPERSTAR
05-09-2007, 09:23 PM
SHECHOPPEDhim up!

chilli66
05-09-2007, 09:40 PM
If it's a nickname we're looking for I'd go with Liz "The Biz" Ford. She sure did the business against Earl!

Hail Mary Shot
05-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Too bad she lost against Santos! Congratulations to Santos by the way.

ccn7
05-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Liz "The Whiz" took care of Biz. I'm a big Earl fan and will always be. But I tip my hat to you, way to go girl. Congratulations on the Win and Best of Luck in all upcoming events.

PunchOut
05-10-2007, 01:19 AM
SUPERSTAR,

Here's something pretty cool :cool: . On your avatar, if you take a piece of paper (or a business card, your hand, etc.) and cover up the top half of it (basically the hair line on up), it looks like a ladies a$$ :eek: . Geez, the best of both worlds ;) !!!

I must be a sick puppy, eh??? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Maniac

i havent laughed that hard at a post on the internet in some time, hilarious maniac. :p

lizford
05-10-2007, 06:49 AM
I have to say, so far:
I think I like "Green Machine" the best!

Thanks, everyone, for all the compliments, support, wellwishes, etc. and more importantly for making me laugh.

I am headed out to Vegas for the EnjoyPool.com tournament, please introduce yourselves to me if you see me. Or better yet, come sweat my matches!

-Liz

JoeyA
05-10-2007, 07:26 AM
I have to say, so far:
I think I like "Green Machine" the best!

Thanks, everyone, for all the compliments, support, wellwishes, etc. and more importantly for making me laugh.

I am headed out to Vegas for the EnjoyPool.com tournament, please introduce yourselves to me if you see me. Or better yet, come sweat my matches!

-Liz

THE GREEN MACHINE seems appropriate.

The Green Machine, like in, she will mow you downnnn or she will chop you upppp or she is like a machine, a green machine. Oh, oh, you mean like in all those green clothes you wear. "Bill*" would say it's like dejavu all over again. (cute story about Bill on your blog) :D

Well I'm kind of partial to green clothes too. Good luck in Vegas.

Semper Fi,
JoeyA

Kerry Impson
05-10-2007, 09:36 AM
And you're married. :p
JoeyAAnd so is she. :p (BTW -- congratulations, Liz!!!)

JoeyA
05-10-2007, 11:30 AM
And so is she. :p (BTW -- congratulations, Liz!!!)

SPOILER! :p
JoeyA

!Smorgass Bored
05-10-2007, 03:45 PM
It was Niki Benish's

True but, who had it FIRST, Niki or David Howard ?
Doug ( the 1st and 'real' Smorgass Bored :) )

cuejoey
05-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Any business's out there now is the time to pick up and sponsor a nice PR person such as LIZ..i don't know her just getting what i have read...:)

cmartor3
05-10-2007, 09:23 PM
you played awesome, because I was shooting against bo-ra at a table near by, & I was up 4-0 on her, it was rough I ended up losing my concentration because of his stupid outbursts, you really got in his head.....I was laughing so hard.....& lost 7-4......plus next to me was rob pole & my friend justin playing, the both of them couldnt stop laughing, because we knew you were kicking his ass mentally & on the table.....

nice work liz....see ya at the next tournament.....

carol

JoeyA
05-10-2007, 10:46 PM

Doug, you have more nicknames than anyone I know. Hell, you run around the country making wagers to win other people's monikers. You have never cared if someone had a nickname first, you just make a wager for their name and took it shamelessly.

His real name is The Dougie.

JoeyA

Ummagumma
05-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Hey Liz! Congratulations on that win, I'm sending some mondo cheers for you.:cool:

That was quite impressive. Not only did you win but ya maintained your mental discipline in the blast of Earl's temperament.

Good job!

jay helfert
05-11-2007, 07:21 AM

David by many years.

BrooklynJay
05-11-2007, 07:31 AM
"green machine"

it could mean so many things!

winning the money (green)
plays like a machine on the felt (green)

who's with me on this one?

!Smorgass Bored
05-11-2007, 07:35 AM
"green machine"
it could mean so many things!

winning the money (green)
plays like a machine on the felt (green)

who's with me on this one?

It could be the machine that grinds up people.
Remember, "Soylent Green Is PEOPLE".
Doug

hangemhigh
05-11-2007, 07:37 AM

"Thanks for outing me...

Any girl that can pull off a statement with "attention - Whore" included gets rep points from me.