PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone from America play Corey Deuel on bar table?????

Pages : [1] 2

JamieMcWhorter
05-09-2007, 10:09 AM
I am just trying to stir up some action....Is there any brave soul from America out there that would like to play Corey Deuel on the bar table..............I think he is the best ever on the bar table and I wanna put him in action....I havent asked him about playing yet but I know he will.....SO IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY BRAVE SOULS THat would like to play a set for at least 5 dimes or more please respond and let me know....AND IF WE HAVE TO WE CAN EVEN GIVE A LITTLE WEIGHT IF NECESSARY....ALL BAR TABLE LEGENDS WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS TO THIS CHALLENGE...WALDEN , MATLOCK, ALL OF THEM ...........

crawfish
05-09-2007, 10:12 AM
I am just trying to stir up some action....Is there any brave soul from America out there that would like to play Corey Deuel on the bar table..............I think he is the best ever on the bar table and I wanna put him in action....I havent asked him about playing yet but I know he will.....SO IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY BRAVE SOULS THat would like to play a set for at least 5 dimes or more please respond and let me know....AND IF WE HAVE TO WE CAN EVEN GIVE A LITTLE WEIGHT IF NECESSARY....ALL BAR TABLE LEGENDS WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS TO THIS CHALLENGE...WALDEN , MATLOCK, ALL OF THEM ...........I've seen both, Walden I feel is the better player on the barbox. I don't feel it strong enough for five dimes, though. I'd take a small piece if we could make it happen.

JamieMcWhorter
05-09-2007, 10:15 AM
I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO SEE THEM PLAY BUT I DONT THINK HE WILL Play without the 8.........HE IS A GREAT BAR TABLE PLAYER THOUGH.......

crawfish
05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Any way to get in touch with him, out there in the pool world, guys?

jay helfert
05-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Proabably only Dave Matlock or Jesse Bowman, although I like Jason Kirkwoods game. But Jason is a little too smart to take on Corey. It would kill all his action.

Matlock in his prime was the "killer" bar table player in this country. Buddy was second. Keith in his prime (early 20's) was maybe the best ever on a small table, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Any one of these three in their prime, would have been more than a match for Corey. Of course, that's like playing Fantasy Football now.

One other guy who was a world beater for a few years was the Mexican player Canella. He may have been the best of all, Keith's equal. I'm not sure if Matlock or Buddy played him, but I'd like to know.

The best undercover bar table player I saw was Mike Bandy out of Chicago. Another world beater.

PROG8R
05-09-2007, 10:29 AM
On a BarBox Playing 8-ball!! Post up to Jessie Bowman!! His 9-Ball skills are good, but his 8-ball skills are GREAT!!

jwilliams
05-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey Jamie,

I'm waiting to hear back from Matlock but I'm pretty sure he'll be up for it.
Obviously this will have to take place after the upcoming tournaments in Vegas...I figure Corey will be out there for BCA but Dave won't be out there until VNEA. I was kind of hoping we could arrange something out there in the next week or so...but it doesn't appear this will be possible since I will only be out there until the end of next week.

So....I guess the next question would be where would you want this to take place? And what's the game? 9-ball, 10-ball, 8-ball. I believe you're in Ohio and I'm in Missouri, and Dave is in Kansas!

I've heard that this match up has been talked about before and was to take place in Ohio but Corey wasn't really up for it...even though there was some talk about taping it?

I have however heard that you're good for the money and good for the action so maybe we can get it go off this time. It should be entertaining to say the least ;-)

JamieMcWhorter
05-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Jesse Bowman Can Get The 8 Ball Relay That Message............whoever Knows Him...he Is A Brave Soul He Might Actually Get Up And Play......matlock Can GeT PLAYED ALSO ANYTIME......PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU TALK TO HIM....HARD FOR ME TO GET OUT TO FAR....BUT ILL MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN

JamieMcWhorter
05-09-2007, 12:21 PM
WELL I PROMISE U COREY WILL PLAY HIM IN OHIO ON THE BAR TABLE PLAYING 9 BALL FOR A BIG NUMBER NO BACKING OUT ILL GUARANTEE THAT....100 PERCENT i will make him play

jwilliams
05-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Cool!
Like I said I don't see it being a problem with him playing, mostly just figuring out the who, what, when and where!
I should hear something later tonight, and I'll let you know.

txspaderz
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I'll play him.

JamieMcWhorter
05-09-2007, 12:27 PM
yeah we can figure it out somehow be GREAT GAMBLING MATCH..............TEX DONT KNOW WHO U ARE BUT U CAN GET PLAYED

JoeyA
05-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Any way to get in touch with him, out there in the pool world, guys?

James (Scaredy-Cat) Walden is in Baton Rouge, at least he was last Saturday night when I passed through. Try googling Jensen Cues, Mike Johnson or Bayou Billiards in Baton Rouge-Tony is the owner and can probably locate him. If you can't get the numbers or him, give me a reply.
JoeyA

Deadon
05-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Rafael might be interested. Haven't seen him for about a month though.

cuetable
05-09-2007, 01:21 PM
I have something really cool about Corey on a bar table...

Will let you guys know soon!

UWPoolGod1
05-09-2007, 01:26 PM
I've got a stack. Lets Go. I'd love to play him. :D :D

http://www.trendlines.com/images/pics/dimes.jpg

crawfish
05-09-2007, 01:44 PM
James (Scaredy-Cat) Walden is in Baton Rouge, at least he was last Saturday night when I passed through. Try googling Jensen Cues, Mike Johnson or Bayou Billiards in Baton Rouge-Tony is the owner and can probably locate him. If you can't get the numbers or him, give me a reply.
JoeyAI'll give it a whirl. I work crazy hours, but I'll work at getting up with him. Thanks, Keith

Scottster
05-09-2007, 02:02 PM
I've got a stack. Lets Go. I'd love to play him. :D :D

http://www.trendlines.com/images/pics/dimes.jpg

I'll give you the break, the last 5 and 2 on the wire for that stack all day long!:D :D

Great pic!

hemicudas
05-09-2007, 02:38 PM
The best undercover bar table player I saw was Mike Bandy out of Chicago. Another world beater.

Actually Mike is out of Joliet, IL and I totally agree, Jay. He was a monster. In fact, if Cory would happen to tip on into Joliet, IL he just might get played on the bar table,,,,,,,,,,if he would care to change the game to 8 ball,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I'm not talking about Mike Bandy. Lot of people like another guy's bar table 8 ball game in that area.

jay helfert
05-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Actually Mike is out of Joliet, IL and I totally agree, Jay. He was a monster. In fact, if Cory would happen to tip on into Joliet, IL he just might get played on the bar table,,,,,,,,,,if he would care to change the game to 8 ball,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I'm not talking about Mike Bandy. Lot of people like another guy's bar table 8 ball game in that area.

Big Bad John!

Doug
05-09-2007, 02:45 PM
While the players mentioned are arguably the best bar box players ever neither would willingly bet their own money and play Vernon Elliott on ANY table. Ask them.

hemicudas
05-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Big Bad John!

Yes,,,,,and him,,,,,,,,,TOO.

AMoney
05-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Big Bad John!

Actually, I think he's talkin bout some guy named Jeff, but what do I know.

hemicudas
05-09-2007, 03:07 PM

Cigar for AMoney.

JoeyA
05-09-2007, 03:50 PM
I'll give it a whirl. I work crazy hours, but I'll work at getting up with him. Thanks, Keith

Have someone calling James right now. What portion of the bet are you interested in putting up?
JoeyA

jay helfert
05-09-2007, 07:43 PM

Another under the radar champion. Jeff with an S right.

ribdoner
05-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Big Bad John!

If your talking "A" I saw him a while ago. He doesn't run that fast anymore. I don't think he can hang...

TheOne
05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I know u said Americans but I'm sure Appleton or Alcaide would play him although they can both get better games of course so maybe not.

The last two BCA grand master winners btw.

jay helfert
05-09-2007, 07:53 PM
If your talking "A" I saw him a while ago. He doesn't run that fast anymore. I don't think he can hang...

I hear you. Once one of the most feared money players.

ribdoner
05-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Another under the radar champion. Jeff with an S right.

It would be interesting to see if he could stand the heat. I don't think he's been in many real hot kitchens;)

jay helfert
05-09-2007, 07:59 PM
It would be interesting to see if he could stand the heat. I don't think he's been in many real hot kitchens;)

Good assessment. Corey will most definitely stand up and play. Thats why my pick is Jason. He will too!

dogginda9
05-09-2007, 08:22 PM
He would definitely need an ice machine and a defibrillator.:D

ribdoner
05-09-2007, 08:31 PM

I'm glad a contemporary CHI-TOWN guy chimed in. My assessment was made with minimal exposure. I got a couple of doses of COREY when he was a pup and it wasn't much fun...seemed like the room got real hot, real fast:o

A Corey/ Kirkwood matchup is, as JAY states, intriguing.

hemicudas
05-09-2007, 09:15 PM

Toooo, damn funny. Corey shoots as straight as Efren, yet he wouldn't think of playing Efren one pocket without 9-7, or so. Why? Because Efren moves better than anyone, save possibly Ronnie Allen, in his day. Believe me,,,,,,,,there are a hand full of bar table 8 ball players out there that move much better than Corey. Possibly because he doesn't specialize in that particular game. If he has an opening to get out, sure, he's getting out but there are hundreds across the country that can run out. Some don't realize how close to Efren they move playing their chosen game.

Yes, it is possible an ice machine and defibrillator could be of use but you never know unless you've taken a shot. Oooh for the days of 75mg Preludin. Some of us have put on enough weight that we could probably get a prescription for it, LOL.

MrSchon9
05-09-2007, 09:23 PM
I seem to remember last year Corey wouldn't play Jessie he got ready to play then said he needed the 8.

X Breaker
05-09-2007, 09:44 PM
What do you all think about Shane?

ribdoner
05-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Toooo, damn funny. Corey shoots as straight as Efren, yet he wouldn't think of playing Efren one pocket without 9-7, or so. Why? Because Efren moves better than anyone, save possibly Ronnie Allen, in his day. Believe me,,,,,,,,there are a hand full of bar table 8 ball players out there that move much better than Corey. Possibly because he doesn't specialize in that particular game. If he has an opening to get out, sure, he's getting out but there are hundreds across the country that can run out. Some don't realize how close to Efren they move playing their chosen game.

Yes, it is possible an ice machine and defibrillator could be of use but you never know unless you've taken a shot. Oooh for the days of 75mg Preludin. Some of us have put on enough weight that we could probably get a prescription for it, LOL.

As always you make a lot of sense. But, keep in mind that a lot of the "moves" that work against the level of competition that JS is playing today would be shredded by COREY. I've seen him do things that made my blood run cold with alarming redundancy.

To beat Corey, esp. in a longer session, he'll have to move like casper and shoot em in like whodathunkit.

It won't be decided on paper, I'd buy a ticket to watch:)

chip_larew
05-09-2007, 10:04 PM
I Would Like To See Cory Deuel Play James Baraks On The Big Table But Cory Might Need A Little Weight On The 9 Footer I Would Be Amazed If Cory Deuel Would Play James On A Bar Table Or A Big Table '' It May Be Kc Masterpiece For Cory '' Yes Barbeque

hemicudas
05-09-2007, 11:07 PM
As always you make a lot of sense. But, keep in mind that a lot of the "moves" that work against the level of competition that JS is playing today would be shredded by COREY. I've seen him do things that made my blood run cold with alarming redundancy.

To beat Corey, esp. in a longer session, he'll have to move like casper and shoot em in like whodathunkit.

Tell ya what, ribdoner, I would not only buy a ticket, I would travel the 750 miles,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,put in with the guy. But of course I have always had too much gamble for my own good. I personally would have that urge to know. Even if it did mean I would have to take that step out into the daylight and never be able to go back.

How many players in the country could beat Surfer Rod playing 9 ball? A hundred or more. Yet, how many were the favorite, or would even consider stepping up to the plate, to play him 8 ball?

Handsumm
05-10-2007, 12:13 AM
JoeyA
Hey, aren't you that same A-hole that posted that crap last time I brought up James? Scaredy cat took $150,000 from Flyboy in Baton Rouge, were you there?

I WILL PUT $2,000 ON JAMES WALDEN TO BEAT COREY. AND I'M BROKE

rossaroni
05-10-2007, 01:32 AM
I Would Like To See Cory Deuel Play James Baraks On The Big Table But Cory Might Need A Little Weight On The 9 Footer I Would Be Amazed If Cory Deuel Would Play James On A Bar Table Or A Big Table '' It May Be Kc Masterpiece For Cory '' Yes Barbeque

Ouch, my head hurts! That is one long run-on sentence. You really think Corey needs weight on the big table?:confused:

derekdisco
05-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Can Danny Harriman get just a lil bit of weight, I mean ANYTHING???? the last 2 would be perfect.

Deadon
05-10-2007, 02:10 AM
I think Dennis Orcullo wouldn't mind the match either. He plays on BB. Looks like we may have to stimulate something. Sounds like fun, I also have a few dimes laying around for some action.

derekdisco
05-10-2007, 02:13 AM
He stated that they have to be from America.

JCIN
05-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Once again Gentleman, the question is not would "X" play Corey. The question is would someone put up $5k for "X" to play Corey. I am sure any of the above mentioned players would get in the box were they staked.

Not only that, but if the set does go off and "X" wins. He is now all over the net as the guy who snapped off Corey in The AZ Online DeathMatch.

That's real good for scaring the fish.

But hey, there will come a day when somebody nuts up and does it, that's the cool thing about the game.

PROG8R
05-10-2007, 04:19 AM
Jesse Bowman Can Get The 8 Ball Relay That Message............whoever Knows Him...he Is A Brave Soul He Might Actually Get Up And Play......matlock Can GeT PLAYED ALSO ANYTIME......PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU TALK TO HIM....HARD FOR ME TO GET OUT TO FAR....BUT ILL MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN

I said the match between Him and Corey would more than likely have to be 8-ball, and you said Corey would spot him the 8. Whats this about the Ohio river thing? He lives in FL. He may have come from Ohio but he is the house pro @ Hammerheads now.

JamieMcWhorter
05-10-2007, 06:10 AM
here it is...........
JESSE BOWMAN CAN GET THE 8
DANYY HARRIMAN CAN HAVE HIS LAST TWO AND GET A 10 PERCENT REFUND IF HE LOSES AS LONG AS HE BETS 10K.....
DARREN APLLETON CAN DEFINITELY PLAY
JAMES BARAKS CAN GET THE EIGHT
JAMES WALDEN CAN GET PLAYED
DAVID MATLOCK CAN GET PLAYED
JASON KIRKWOOD CAN GET THE 8
.........LOL........... THAT WAS FOR THE MORON SAID COREY WANTS THE 8 FROM JESSE......JESSE CAN HAVE THE 8 ANYTIME HE WANTS IT.....
IF ANYONE WANTS TO PLAY LET ME KNOW IM DEAD SERIOUS BOUT MAKING A GAME NOT NO BS....I WANT TO GAMBLE..........I KNOW COREY IS LIVING IN FLORIDA NOW TO SMACKHEAD BUT IM FROM OHIO AND I WORK SO NEEDS TO BE IN OHIO...............

MrSchon9
05-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Wow now Im a moron for telling you what happend last year I guess facts don't interest you, nice to see some friendly woofing going on here, nice talking to ya later.

johnf_34
05-10-2007, 07:15 AM
I'd love to see James Walden in that match. I'd travel to see it!

corvette1340
05-10-2007, 07:22 AM

lol, are you on crack? Corey would mop the floor with Baraks on a barbox or big table.

PROG8R
05-10-2007, 07:45 AM
here it is...........

I KNOW COREY IS LIVING IN FLORIDA NOW TO SMACKHEAD BUT IM FROM OHIO AND I WORK SO NEEDS TO BE IN OHIO...............
I am telling you man, if this ever happened, those are two bad bets on a bar table. Jessie has been a national champ more than once on them and they are his bread and butter. kirkwood the same.
Even Shane refused to match up with Jessie on a bar table.
Slightly offended over to zinger you chucked up at me. You are the one trying to pump your chest on here saying you would love to back a world beater against anyone. I will see him in a few weeks and I will have to ask him personally how he feels about it and what it would take for him to travel to OHIO to play.

Icon of Sin
05-10-2007, 07:48 AM
lol, are you on crack? Corey would mop the floor with Baraks on a barbox or big table.
LOL, I know, I was thinking the same exact thing...

Im hope something comes of this thread... would be interesting to say the least.

hkwong
05-10-2007, 08:03 AM
here it is...........
DANYY HARRIMAN CAN HAVE HIS LAST TWO AND GET A 10 PERCENT REFUND IF HE LOSES AS LONG AS HE BETS 10K.....
.........LOL........... THAT WAS FOR THE MORON SAID COREY WANTS THE 8 FROM JESSE......JESSE CAN HAVE THE 8 ANYTIME HE WANTS IT.....
IF ANYONE WANTS TO PLAY LET ME KNOW IM DEAD SERIOUS BOUT MAKING A GAME NOT NO BS....I WANT TO GAMBLE..........I KNOW COREY IS LIVING IN FLORIDA NOW TO SMACKHEAD BUT IM FROM OHIO AND I WORK SO NEEDS TO BE IN OHIO...............

what can i get? hahaha i'll bust your nuts :D

Ktown D
05-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Wow now Im a moron for telling you what happend last year I guess facts don't interest you, nice to see some friendly woofing going on here, nice talking to ya later.
Man, people who don't know should let that BS die.

I went over there because I was going to get part of the action. They were supposed to play for 5K is the only reason we went over there. Jesse had very little money and the guy that supposedly was going to back JB folded. CD was irritated and decided to go back across the street when they started woofing at him trying to take a short shot at the cash. Between myself and my buddy that was staking CD at the time there was some cheese to be won. Corey wasn't going to play that game with a chance to only win 500 or so, that would have been stupid. As we were walking out they started woofing about him having no heart and needing a better backer and all that weak crap.

That was why the 8 ball comment was made. I hope a little thing like the ACTUAL facts don't interfere with perception. I'll still go bust putting CD in an even game w/JB. Unfortunately, it appears the 8 has been offered the other direction now.

I don't see Corey losing to any American on a box right now in a long set. It can definitely happen but it would be an upset. 8 Ball is a different animal but 9 Ball he is the favorite.

PROG8R
05-10-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't see Corey losing to any American on a box right now in a long set. It can definitely happen but it would be an upset. 8 Ball is a different animal but 9 Ball he is the favorite.

Totally agreed. I see JB winning it in 8ball and Corey taking down the cheese in 9ball.

MrSchon9
05-10-2007, 09:39 AM
I said nothing bad about corey I think he is a monster but I really like jessies game on a bar box too we just don't need the moron comments from someone that doesn't know me it would be nice if we could have some friendly conversations on here but maybe thats not possible from some people!!!!!!!!

JCIN
05-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Yup. In my opinion you are right on. Some of these guys COULD maybe get there. But I personally do not like to bet against champions.

And here is the other part. You don't have to beat him once. You have to beat him twice to get the money. Any backer who loses a set with Corey and doesn't reload is nuts. In the last 5 years how many times has he lost 2 sets of anything in a row. For the real dough, not goofing off.

Can an American win ? Probably, if you take enough shots. Will they be lining up to try? Don't hold your breath.

jay helfert
05-10-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't know if this is exclusively for American players. But it is all about playing Corey. If you sincerely want to put him in action for serious money, he can play my friend Dennis from the Philipines when he comes over here. You can bet 5 or 10K. I like Corey and think he is a terrific player. But I'll bet on Dennis, even though I lost with him last time.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll contact Dennis and see when he can come over. If you want to see Corey in a BIG game, we can make it happen. Should be interesting. By the way, Dennis NEVER plays on small tables. They don't have them in the Philipines.

No spot asked for or required. They can play Eight Ball or Ten Ball. Or 5K of both.

Black-Balled
05-10-2007, 10:20 AM
...I personally do not like to bet against champions...

That is a fine policy:eek:

Ktown D
05-10-2007, 10:22 AM
By the way, Dennis NEVER plays on small tables. They don't have them in the Philipines.
No spot asked for or required. They can play Eight Ball or Ten Ball. Or 5K of both.
Yeah, poor little guy prolly couldn't draw his ball on one of those little things.:rolleyes: I think it is awful generous of you to offer the game though. I'm sure someone will take you up on it directly.;)

Why no 9 Ball Jay?

jay helfert
05-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Yeah, poor little guy prolly couldn't draw his ball on one of those little things.:rolleyes: I think it is awful generous of you to offer the game though. I'm sure someone will take you up on it directly.;)

Why no 9 Ball Jay?

NO 9-Ball, enuff said.

SCCues
05-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I personally do not like to bet against champions.

That's a smart move. Betting against Corey in 9 ball is dangerous if you want too hold onto your money!

JJLING
05-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Anyone In On This Game Plz Contact Me I Will Take At Least 20% Of The Bet With Jesse Getting The 8 Playing 9 Ball And A Set Even Of 8 Ball Both On The Barbox I Know Jesse And He Probably Wouldnt Mind Me Getting In On The Action Thanks Alot Look Forward To Hearing Something Soon

Ktown D
05-10-2007, 11:17 AM
NO 9-Ball, enuff said.
It was a rhetorical question Jay. I was holding out for you guys to play some 9 ball rack your own.:)

jay helfert
05-10-2007, 11:33 AM
It was a rhetorical question Jay. I was holding out for you guys to play some 9 ball rack your own.:)

With Corey, NEVER!

mikeiniowa
05-10-2007, 12:38 PM
jamie has nothing but respect for cory's game. He says johnny, james walden and cory are the best three bar table players in any order. lets face it, it is a breaking contest and cory is so smart about the break and the other two spot their rock soooo gooood that they have to get out.

etimmons
05-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I seem to remember last year Corey wouldn't play Jessie he got ready to play then said he needed the 8.

I have told this story before and I will tell it again. I was in on coreys action at the dcc, the reason corey said he needed the eight was to get out of any match at that time because Jesse's backer was real short due to a big loss just before we went over to the bar tables and we did not want to play for a just a thousand. I hope that settles and question about that story.

Handsumm
05-10-2007, 02:44 PM
jamie has nothing but respect for cory's game. He says johnny, james walden and cory are the best three bar table players in any order. lets face it, it is a breaking contest and cory is so smart about the break and the other two spot their rock soooo gooood that they have to get out.
Johnny as in Archer? I have never heard that. I would put Walden up against ANY American and most international players on a bar box.

SPINDOKTOR
05-10-2007, 02:45 PM
LOL Corey on a bar box? Using a Magnetic cue ball right? Geez, that would be hard to pass up, that heavy cue ball WILL cause him problems. Unless he is playing hard on Bar boxes and if he is, Id want him on a 9' lol....

SPINDOKTOR

Russ Chewning
05-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Johnny as in Archer? I have never heard that. I would put Walden up against ANY American and most international players on a bar box.

That might get you broke as a joke..:D :D :D

Little known fact.. Johnny spent a huge amount of time on barboxes early in his career. He talks about it when interviewed by Grady and Billy on an Accu-Stats video.. His words: When the OB had a straight path to the pocket, and he could see that OB, he was out. Angles don't matter.

Russ

Handsumm
05-10-2007, 03:40 PM
That might get you broke as a joke..:D :D :D

Little known fact.. Johnny spent a huge amount of time on barboxes early in his career. He talks about it when interviewed by Grady and Billy on an Accu-Stats video.. His words: When the OB had a straight path to the pocket, and he could see that OB, he was out. Angles don't matter.

Russ
I did not know that. That's why I asked. Thanks Russ. I would LOVE to see Archer match up on a bar box.

edit: I couldn't find that interview. Which one?

Russ Chewning
05-10-2007, 04:11 PM
I did not know that. That's why I asked. Thanks Russ. I would LOVE to see Archer match up on a bar box.

edit: I couldn't find that interview. Which one?

Not sure.. I haven't seen that particular video in years. I seem to remember it was when Johnny was either 18 or 19..

Btw, Johnny did NOT come off as arrogant in the interview, he was just making an observation about how he started out playing barbox pool when a little younger..

Russ

Scottster
05-10-2007, 06:28 PM
DELETED Decided to send PM instead

iasaxman
05-10-2007, 07:08 PM
here it is...........

Got the message to Jessie. Who knows, maybe Jamie Baraks will be up for it. They'll both get the message here shortly. I remember last year Corey's backer wouldn't let him play Jessie unless JESSIE gave Corey the 8! I'll let you know as soon as I hear from them.

JamieMcWhorter
05-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Please Stop Mentioning James Baraks In Any Sentence With Archer Deuel And Walden...he Is Good Player But Not That Caliber.....he Can Play My Good Friend Chris Bartram Anytime On Either Table Anytime He Wants....................

Jesse Bowman Plays Races For 500 Or 1000.....we Want To Bet 5k Or More And He Can Get The Eight Playing Nine Ball On The Bar Table Anytime For That Amount Or More.............

Mr Helfert I Am Anti Fillipino They Win Enough Money From America Im Not Taking Any Chance To Send A Quarter Home With Them Ever Again...orcullo Retired Me Beating My Buddy Bartram Several Times....im Done Dundas With Them............:d

derekdisco
05-10-2007, 08:09 PM
What about Nick Hickerson? He needs a ton from a champion like corey, but he'll take the break and try it.

jay helfert
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Please Stop Mentioning James Baraks In Any Sentence With Archer Deuel And Walden...he Is Good Player But Not That Caliber.....he Can Play My Good Friend Chris Bartram Anytime On Either Table Anytime He Wants....................

Jesse Bowman Plays Races For 500 Or 1000.....we Want To Bet 5k Or More And He Can Get The Eight Playing Nine Ball On The Bar Table Anytime For That Amount Or More.............

Mr Helfert I Am Anti Fillipino They Win Enough Money From America Im Not Taking Any Chance To Send A Quarter Home With Them Ever Again...orcullo Retired Me Beating My Buddy Bartram Several Times....im Done Dundas With Them............:d

I was on the other side of the game with Chris. Sorry for your loss. I know that one stung.

Island Drive
05-10-2007, 09:16 PM

In a race to 100 Corey against Efren or, 'anyone' against Efren...two shot shoot out ten ball, I know how I'd bet.

ribdoner
05-10-2007, 09:24 PM
In a race to 100 Corey against Efren or, 'anyone' against Efren...two shot shoot out ten ball, I know how I'd bet.

That's a horse of a differant color,and, I hear you loud and clear.

bignasty
05-10-2007, 09:29 PM
say just a question..... what can shane van boening get on the box? from cory, james? and are you willing to travel to play? with the right spot you might get played! pm me if you want to set up an offer! the reason i ask is becouse i didnt see shanes name on the "SPOT LIST" thanks for your time!
NASTY

sixpack
05-10-2007, 09:29 PM

I'd probably bet with you...and still buy a ticket.

Cheers,
RC

1on1pooltournys
05-10-2007, 11:50 PM
I know this is about matching up with Corey on the barbox.....but...i have an idea...let's send guys like Corey, Shane, Johnny, Rodney, ..hell..even Chris B. to the Phillipines with about 20 dimes, and let them just marinate over there until the dough last. When they get back to the states, i'd venture to say that any american player can get the 8 on any table....including a 10 footer!!!:D

Point here is...Philipino's play great, they have to. They have played under the most brutal circumstances. American players have been pampered over the years in this country...Air conditioning for example.

I agree with Jamie on this one....they get enough dough from us here and i mean no disrespect. Let's keep this action truly American!!!!

My opinon...Corey will hijack any American player on the bar table if there is any kind of length in the set at all.

Meanwhile....I have an excellent idea for promoting pool in the United States to get national coverage and take off bigger than poker. It is all boiling up right here in this thread. I wish I could reveal it but then somebody would steal it an make a fortune and I'd be still be sitting here twiddling my thumbs wondering what happened!!...LOL...Man, I can't belive nobody has thought of this one yet..anybody know how to contact NBC,ABC, or ESPN...LOL!!!!

ironman
05-11-2007, 03:06 AM
Tell ya what, ribdoner, I would not only buy a ticket, I would travel the 750 miles,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,put in with the guy. But of course I have always had too much gamble for my own good. I personally would have that urge to know. Even if it did mean I would have to take that step out into the daylight and never be able to go back.

How many players in the country could beat Surfer Rod playing 9 ball? A hundred or more. Yet, how many were the favorite, or would even consider stepping up to the plate, to play him 8 ball?

The best I ever saw R$od play was against Hopkins at the Serene Roo9m in Vegas playing 8 ball for $1000 per game.

Rod Lost $21000.

I just remembered, it was last pocket 8-ball.

ironman
05-11-2007, 03:08 AM

Dam,, 75mg Preludin. My hair grew 3/4 inches just reading this post.

ironman
05-11-2007, 03:15 AM

Well, CB certainly needs the action since he went busted last nigh in Dallas.

Takumi4G63
05-11-2007, 03:59 AM
Well, CB certainly needs the action since he went busted last nigh in Dallas.

Who is CB?

huckster
05-11-2007, 04:03 AM

If Jamie Baraks gambled you could bust me if he played Corey 15 ahead on the box and on the big track. I hope someone gets down with Corey playing even because until a couple years ago i used to be a disbeliever about how well Corey played. The Phillipino champions will give up weight playing 9ball to everyone but Corey and Johnny. When we see strong players like Jamie Bowman, Jason Kirkwood, Jeff Sergent, etc dominate barbox tournaments do not overlook Corey They used to have 1k entry barbox tournies in Columbus and Corey was the favorite (guys like Bartram, Gabe Owen, Troy Frank, Breedlove, Brian Groce, Lil T, etc.) and he had an open invitation to play big ahead sets and no one was in a hurry to get down. Not that he can't be beat but if I was a worldbeater I would find easier action.

crawfish
05-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Have someone calling James right now. What portion of the bet are you interested in putting up?
JoeyAJoey, I just got back into town and saw the post. I'm not sure, see if you can get up with him and let me know his view. Get back with me.

JamieMcWhorter
05-11-2007, 06:31 AM
What Did U Smoke Dude......baraks Is Only A Decent Player...thats All...there Is Tons Of People That Will Rob Him..........mentioning Him With Corey Is Retarded...............baraks Best Finish To Date Was 2nd In Derby City 9 Ball And He Only Got There Cause With 15 People Left He Drew My Sorrry Asss Two Rounds In A Row.........

Dude Lay Off The Smoke................he Cant Beat So Many People Its A Joke...he Can Get 25 Percent Refund If He Will Play Corey Deuel On Any Table.................

Shane Van Boeing Can Get The Last Two On The Bar Track Which Is Just Enough Of An Excuse For Him To Play............

PROG8R
05-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Shane Van Boeing Can Get The Last Two On The Bar Track Which Is Just Enough Of An Excuse For Him To Play............

I just have to ask,
If one of the best players in the world offers someone the last 2, do you really consider it weight? I can't remember the last time I saw someone of that caliber miss a 3 ball out moreless a 2 ball out.

I like a 10 game spot in a race to 27, or 6, and 8 ball plus games on the wire, now thats weight. But the last 2 I dont think it would even be an issue.

Scottster
05-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Meanwhile....I have an excellent idea for promoting pool in the United States to get national coverage and take off bigger than poker. It is all boiling up right here in this thread. I wish I could reveal it but then somebody would steal it an make a fortune and I'd be still be sitting here twiddling my thumbs wondering what happened!!...LOL...Man, I can't belive nobody has thought of this one yet..anybody know how to contact NBC,ABC, or ESPN...LOL!!!!

Umm... I have, if your screen name is any clue to your vision :rolleyes:

Handsumm
05-11-2007, 09:24 AM
JoeyA
Tell James that he's got 2 dimes from me to gamble with. He won't ask for any weight.

JoeyA
05-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Tell James that he's got 2 dimes from me to gamble with. He won't ask for any weight.

Does James know you by "belmicah"? I don't think you and I have met so if you will pardon me, how do I/James know the 2 dimes are reliable.
Thanks,
JoeyA

Handsumm
05-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Does James know you by "belmicah"? I don't think you and I have met so if you will pardon me, how do I/James know the 2 dimes are reliable.
Thanks,
JoeyA
I'll send PM

hippiepool
05-11-2007, 12:50 PM
I just have to ask,
If one of the best players in the world offers someone the last 2, do you really consider it weight? I can't remember the last time I saw someone of that caliber miss a 3 ball out moreless a 2 ball out.

I like a 10 game spot in a race to 27, or 6, and 8 ball plus games on the wire, now thats weight. But the last 2 I dont think it would even be an issue.
because 90% of pool players won't play if they think the game is even....

1on1pooltournys
05-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Umm... I have, if your screen name is any clue to your vision :rolleyes:

HAHA..it's our secret. Funny thing is when i joined this forum in 05 i didn't have this idea...i simply liked 1on1 tournaments aka matching up a game and gambling your butt off til a winner is determined.

billychips
05-11-2007, 03:15 PM
This thread has been worn out over the last few years. I personally am sick and tired of hearing about it. Nobody is going to play Corey on a bar table for a big number even. You are wasting your time. I am even more sick and tired of hearing that Corey asked for the 8 from Jesse Bowman. So you got me. I am going to fall into this trap of continuing this topic. Why don't we set a date, at a pool hall in Florida or Ohio, have Corey be there for whatever length of time it takes, and let the action come. Then, anyway that likes Jesse Bowman, can make plans and come and bet on it. We can then do the same for Matlock, Walden, Van Boeing, Kirkwood, Baracks, and so on. Tell Corey he will be staked the whole time, he will be there. Tell Bowman he can get the 8, but the bet has to be at least 10k. So everybody that likes Bowman for less can get together and we can do this. However, when nobody shows up other than myself, you and Corey, please do NOT start this thread again. Mr. Helfert, this does not mean that you can bring your friends Mr. Orcullo and Mr Reyes, because Mr McWhorter stated that he is anti-Phillipino. I am not racially biased against anyone, however I would prefer keeping my laying odds of 2-1 when staking a player to Americans only, preferably the ones mentioned by these other posters!

pooldawg1
05-11-2007, 03:51 PM
I was told David G might take some. He supposedly beat down Corey on the Bar Box before. If I remember correctly Corey had him down 6-0 and David G came back to beat him 11-6. Of course Corey stormed out.

jay helfert
05-11-2007, 05:39 PM
This thread has been worn out over the last few years. I personally am sick and tired of hearing about it. Nobody is going to play Corey on a bar table for a big number even. You are wasting your time. I am even more sick and tired of hearing that Corey asked for the 8 from Jesse Bowman. So you got me. I am going to fall into this trap of continuing this topic. Why don't we set a date, at a pool hall in Florida or Ohio, have Corey be there for whatever length of time it takes, and let the action come. Then, anyway that likes Jesse Bowman, can make plans and come and bet on it. We can then do the same for Matlock, Walden, Van Boeing, Kirkwood, Baracks, and so on. Tell Corey he will be staked the whole time, he will be there. Tell Bowman he can get the 8, but the bet has to be at least 10k. So everybody that likes Bowman for less can get together and we can do this. However, when nobody shows up other than myself, you and Corey, please do NOT start this thread again. Mr. Helfert, this does not mean that you can bring your friends Mr. Orcullo and Mr Reyes, because Mr McWhorter stated that he is anti-Phillipino. I am not racially biased against anyone, however I would prefer keeping my laying odds of 2-1 when staking a player to Americans only, preferably the ones mentioned by these other posters!

There is only one American player I know who I would like to see play Corey, although it would be a bad move for him. If he won, it would kill all his future action. No, it isn't Shane. I'm not telling, because that wouldn't help him either. One day they may play, but not right now.

Russ Chewning
05-11-2007, 05:46 PM
There is only one American player I know who I would like to see play Corey, although it would be a bad move for him. If he won, it would kill all his future action. No, it isn't Shane. I'm not telling, because that wouldn't help him either. One day they may play, but not right now.

Jay, there was a nother question in the "Americans in the Phillipines" thread for you.. :D

Russ

!Smorgass Bored
05-12-2007, 04:53 AM
I've only skimmed through this entire thread and I didn't see this mentioned BUT, Corey Deuel is the House Pro at Hammerheads here in Florida.

I'm told that Hammerheads holds a tournament on the first Saturday of the month on 9' tables and then holds a tournament on the second Saturday of the month on BAR TABLES.

Today is the second Saturday of the month and therefore, Corey should be playing in the BAR BOX TOURNAMENT at Hammerheads. Buddy Hall will be there and all the usual suspects as well. Someone set something up.

Doug
( I think I'll give up poker for a day and attend the tournament my damnself )

Edited to add: I went on a little walkabout and found this info:
HAMMER HEADS BILLIARDS
1916 U.S. Hwy. 19
Holiday, FL.
727-939-9494
http://hammerheadsbilliards.com/

MAP: http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=1916+US+Hwy+19&csz=Holiday%2C+Fl.&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

JAM
05-12-2007, 05:21 AM
I was told by a reliable source that Jesse Bowman may be the best bar table player in the States today. :p

JAM

ironman
05-12-2007, 05:50 AM
because 90% of pool players won't play if they think the game is even....If 90% of the players are getting staked, they will play if they think the game is UNEVEN>

ironman
05-12-2007, 05:54 AM
I was told by a reliable source that Jesse Bowman may be the best bar table player in the States today. :p

JAM

Forgive me, but how the hell does anyone know this. All they do is talk about playing. When was the last big bar table match up?

dannyb78
05-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Forgive me, but how the hell does anyone know this. All they do is talk about playing. When was the last big bar table match up?

Well know one knows for sure who is or isn't the best... But there was loads of sets for over $5000.00 at valley forge... Rodney Morris and Chris Bartrum played for $10,000.. That was on the box.... So there is loads of action around... You just dont here about 2 champs bumping heads....

JAM
05-12-2007, 09:26 AM

Though I am not familiar with Jesse Bowman's cuesports skills set, a bar box player I am familiar with told me that Jesse Bowman in his opinion is the best bar box player in the States that he has seen in recent times. I guess in this instance, it takes one to know one! :D

JAM

billychips
05-12-2007, 12:16 PM

JAM

He might be. I highly, highly doubt it. However, you and your source are more than welcome to come and bet on Jesse. It could be a really fun week, if enough people showed up. I am sure Keith will wanna play some using the big cue ball, which would be fun.

Jamey Martin
05-12-2007, 03:26 PM
If Cory is " THE " dominating american player then why can guys like James Walden and Dave Matlock only " GET PLAYED " If Cory is the best, then give up some weight and go outrun the nutts....You know that the last two and the eight isn't much weight on the barbox.....

billychips
05-12-2007, 04:06 PM
If Cory is " THE " dominating american player then why can guys like James Walden and Dave Matlock only " GET PLAYED " If Cory is the best, then give up some weight and go outrun the nutts....You know that the last two and the eight isn't much weight on the barbox.....

I don't know that anyone said he is the most dominating. He might playthe 10 guys long sets and lose 2 or 3 of them. He might go 6-4. But he might just bust them all. I am simply stating that he is the best American. Normally, that means you can beat everyone else playing even. Tiger Woods dominates the PGA Tour. That doesnt mean he has to give up strokes and still win to be considered dominate (and NO I am not comparing Corey to Tiger.). It isn't like the guy that started this thread is calling out shortstops or has beens. I think he directed this at "champions" on the bar box. I do not think giving up the nuts to James Walden and Dave Matlock would be very enticing. I do think that Corey playing Jesse Bowman on any pool table in the world would be good for his bankroll.

BigDaddyInc.
05-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Well im gonna say that freakin cory is the smoothest f'n player i have ever seen! And i couldnt bet against him even if he played a philly peeno! If ever one was born to play it was cory. And i dont ever take sides except in this case. Plus he's smarter than the average boo boo bear.

pwd72s
05-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Rafael might be interested. Haven't seen him for about a month though.

Probably because he's laying low...changing what he looks like...yet again. ;)

JamieMcWhorter
05-12-2007, 07:07 PM
ALRIGHT IM SICK OF THIS.............................ANY ONE THAT IS AMERICAN CAN GET THE 8 BESIDES JOHNNY ARCHER.........BUILD IT UP, STACK IT UP, POLL IT UP OR START A FUNDRAISER I DONT CARE HOW YOU PEOPLE GET THE MONEY BUT LETS GET IT ON.....

ALL OF THEM CAN GET IT AND HERE IS A SPECIAL FOR DAVID G HE CAN GET THE 7 AND A 10 PERCENT REFUND...........HAHA DAVID G HAHAHA.................BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE SOUND OF SOMEONES HEAD...LOL

YES MY GOOD FRIEND MR BARTRAM DID GET BUSTED BY BILLY INCARDONIA PLAYING ONE POCKET(A GAME HE HAS PROVEN HE IS HELPLESS AT IN RECENT GAMBLING MATCHES)...............BUT HE WILL PLAY MR BARAKS OR MR DAVID G ANYTIME THAT WOULD LIKE TO COME PLAY.........STACK IT UP AND BRING IT PLEASE...............

SOMEONE PLEASE DO SOMETHING.........BESIDES TALK ........MY SIDE CAN POST TOMORROW ON ANY MATCH THAT HAS BEEN OFFERED....:p

BigDaddyInc.
05-12-2007, 07:15 PM
What about the break i'll take the break that's all. We gotta freeze up 50g's at 10g's a set. That's the best we can do.

JamieMcWhorter
05-12-2007, 09:05 PM

YOU HAVE BUMPED YOUR HEAD.........COREY DEUEL IS THE BEST AMERICAN PLAYER EVER......UR UNDERCOVER PLAYER CAN BET ENOUGH TO COME FROM UNDERNEATH HIS SHELL.........HE CAN WIN ALL THE MONEY HE COULD HAVE WON FROM SUCKERS OFF US............

COREY MIGHT DOMINATE POOL LIKE TIGER WOODS DOES GOLF IF THE WHOLE POOL WORLD HADN'T CRIED LIKE LITTLE BABIES AND CHANGED THE RULES TO CHEAT HIM OUT OF MORE WINS...HE FIGURED OUT HOW TO BREAK THE BALLS PERFECT AND WIN...AND EVERYONE CRIED ITS NOT FAIR..........NOW YOU HAVE TO BREAK A CERTAIN SPEED WHAT A CROCK............I REMEMBER WHEN WE WAS GOING TO LET HIM PLAY JOHNNY 9 BALL... JOHNNY SAID "HE HAS TO BREAK THIS HARD AND WE HAVE TO DO THIS AND THAT"......ITS SO SICK.......A GUY IS SMARTER AND BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE AND THEY CHANGE THE RULES

IMAGINE THIS ....THEY SAY NOBODY ON THE PGA TOUR IS ALLOWED TO HIT A BALL MORE THAN 270 YARDS....HOW MANY TOURNEYS DO U THINK TIGER WOODS WOULD WIN.......EXACTLY.............NOT NEAR AS MANY JUST LIKE COREY IN POOL.........

I BEG U MR.HELFERT BRING UR GUY OUT FROM HIS HOLE..AND PUT HIM UP.............WE WILL PUNISH HIMLIKE A RED HEADED STEP CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeyA
05-12-2007, 09:06 PM
ALRIGHT IM SICK OF THIS.............................ANY ONE THAT IS AMERICAN CAN GET THE 8 BESIDES JOHNNY ARCHER.........BUILD IT UP, STACK IT UP, POLL IT UP OR START A FUNDRAISER I DONT CARE HOW YOU PEOPLE GET THE MONEY BUT LETS GET IT ON.....

ALL OF THEM CAN GET IT AND HERE IS A SPECIAL FOR DAVID G HE CAN GET THE 7 AND A 10 PERCENT REFUND...........HAHA DAVID G HAHAHA.................BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE SOUND OF SOMEONES HEAD...LOL

YES MY GOOD FRIEND MR BARTRAM DID GET BUSTED BY BILLY INCARDONIA PLAYING ONE POCKET(A GAME HE HAS PROVEN HE IS HELPLESS AT IN RECENT GAMBLING MATCHES)...............BUT HE WILL PLAY MR BARAKS OR MR DAVID G ANYTIME THAT WOULD LIKE TO COME PLAY.........STACK IT UP AND BRING IT PLEASE...............

SOMEONE PLEASE DO SOMETHING.........BESIDES TALK ........MY SIDE CAN POST TOMORROW ON ANY MATCH THAT HAS BEEN OFFERED....:p
----------------------------------------------
Humphrey, this guy Jamie McWorter has to be a BIG TROLL. Call his bluff, yu know he gonna crayfish.

Peel off a few dimes from that monthly stipend you get or just pull the mini-bankroll out of your wallet and bet it up with your player, David G with the SEVEN BALL against Corey.

You know this might be the best game David G has gotten in a LONG TIME.
Hell, David G gets a 10% walking stick if he loses. You and he could chop that up and put Ricky P back on the map. Oh, sorry, I forgot Ricky needs to go see THE WIZARD.

JoeyA

jay helfert
05-12-2007, 09:17 PM
YOU HAVE BUMPED YOUR HEAD.........COREY DEUEL IS THE BEST AMERICAN PLAYER EVER......UR UNDERCOVER PLAYER CAN BET ENOUGH TO COME FROM UNDERNEATH HIS SHELL.........HE CAN WIN ALL THE MONEY HE COULD HAVE WON FROM SUCKERS OFF US............

COREY MIGHT DOMINATE POOL LIKE TIGER WOODS DOES GOLF IF THE WHOLE POOL WORLD HADN'T CRIED LIKE LITTLE BABIES AND CHANGED THE RULES TO CHEAT HIM OUT OF MORE WINS...HE FIGURED OUT HOW TO BREAK THE BALLS PERFECT AND WIN...AND EVERYONE CRIED ITS NOT FAIR..........NOW YOU HAVE TO BREAK A CERTAIN SPEED WHAT A CROCK............I REMEMBER WHEN WE WAS GOING TO LET HIM PLAY JOHNNY 9 BALL... JOHNNY SAID "HE HAS TO BREAK THIS HARD AND WE HAVE TO DO THIS AND THAT"......ITS SO SICK.......A GUY IS SMARTER AND BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE AND THEY CHANGE THE RULES

IMAGINE THIS ....THEY SAY NOBODY ON THE PGA TOUR IS ALLOWED TO HIT A BALL MORE THAN 270 YARDS....HOW MANY TOURNEYS DO U THINK TIGER WOODS WOULD WIN.......EXACTLY.............NOT NEAR AS MANY JUST LIKE COREY IN POOL.........

I BEG U MR.HELFERT BRING UR GUY OUT FROM HIS HOLE..AND PUT HIM UP.............WE WILL PUNISH HIMLIKE A RED HEADED STEP CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like your style. We used to call this the New York hustle. Sometimes it works too. I'm going keep you in mind. Hang on to your money. There is hope for you and Corey. I foresee a game on the horizon.

Handsumm
05-13-2007, 03:04 AM
I have never cried troll, but this thread smells like the OP is taking a dump.

Jamey Martin
05-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Hey Billychips, I never tried to compare Corey to Tiger, all I am saying is if you think Corey is the best, then show a little gamble, go out on the limb, give up a little to all of these champions and I say that he will get played.........Or how would Jamie Mcwhorter put it.......give someone like James Walden the "7" and Corey can get a 10% refund.......

jay helfert
05-13-2007, 05:52 AM

Guess what, you have a chance to put Corey in action. And right in Vegas or Florida. As long as you're not allergic to filipino money. Dennis will be here soon, and you can get ALL the action you want, big table or small. Please NO excuses about being filipino! GET YOUR BOY! BRING SOME MONEY! STEP INTO THE BOX! OR SHUT THE F UP!

How does a $10,000 Ten Ahead set of Ten Ball sound to you. Or how about a Race To Thirty. Who's the step child now!

cuetechasaurus
05-13-2007, 06:24 AM
Guess what, you have a chance to put Corey in action. And right in Vegas or Florida. As long as you're not allergic to filipino money. Dennis will be here soon, and you can get ALL the action you want, big table or small. Please NO excuses about being filipino! GET YOUR BOY! BRING SOME MONEY! STEP INTO THE BOX! OR SHUT THE F UP!

How does a $10,000 Ten Ahead set of Ten Ball sound to you. Or how about a Race To Thirty. Who's the step child now!

In games like 9ball and 10ball on the 7footers, even low-tier shortstops can string consecutive racks on them sometimes.

If you go and ask a top pro what their high run is playing 9ball on a bar table, most of them would say somewhere between 10-20 racks.

Corey is obviously a top pro, so he can string alot of racks. Dennis is also a top pro, and I'm sure he can too.

So what's to stop Jamie McWhorter from putting Corey in the box with Dennis? He knows that whoever gets the first good break will probably string a bunch of racks. Corey is a specialist when it comes to getting balls to fall on the break. So why would Jamie be hesitant of betting on Corey against Dennis?

If Jamie is a gambler like he says he is, logic tells me he would accept Jay's offer.

dannyb78
05-13-2007, 06:30 AM
So this means Rodney Morris Can get the 8..... If that is the case and they play a long ahead set i would put up a load of money.... Im in MAryland and everyone else is not.....But i am pretty sure someone Rodneys speed could come up with any number Corys backers can....... I would be willing to travel to bet on Rodney... I bet Rodney dont need my money if he is getting the 8......... How about this game...

pooldawg1
05-13-2007, 07:10 AM
IMO David G should get up and play anyone with the 7 ball. I have been out of touch with the pool scene for several years now but when I was traveling alot David G was the strongest unknown player I have ever seen. I have seen him beat Corey with ease and many other top guns. When I get pumped back up I would put 50 dimes on David G. His ball pocketing skills is better than Coreys. His break has come a long ways and maybe just under Coreys. Anybody who knows David G would know the 7 is stealing.

Jamey Martin
05-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Go get'em Jay..... I like your end of it.....You have been around pool for about 100,000 years " just kidding " I respect your opinion when it comes to matching these players up. I know that Cory is a world class player but I would like to see him play someone like J.W. with the " 7 " I would have to empty out on this...." not on Corey " Hell, im not even a shortstop and I might try some with the 6 and the break......

JamieMcWhorter
05-13-2007, 07:46 AM

LIKE I SAID I WILL NOT GIVE ANY FILIPINO A CHANCE TO WIN ANY OF MY MONEY...........MY OFFER WAS NEVER THAT AND WAS CLEAR IN THE BEGINNING ON WHO I WOULD STAKE COREY AGAINST..........

ALTHOUGH I TELL U WHAT IF U WANNA PLAY RACK YOUR OWN U GOT ME FCK IT...........WE WILL PLAY RACK YOUR OWN 9 BALL..........SO NOW WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT............AND WE WILL BREAK THE BALLS ANY WAY WE WANT AND AS SOFT AS WE WANT...........

YES RODNEY CAN GET THE 8 ANYTIME..............

DAVID G CAN GET 7 ANYTIME ANYWHERE FOR ANYTHING HE WOULDLIKE TO BET COME ON DOWNNNNNNNNNNNN........HAHA PLEASE SOMEONE STAKE THIS GUY.............

billychips
05-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Hey Billychips, I never tried to compare Corey to Tiger, all I am saying is if you think Corey is the best, then show a little gamble, go out on the limb, give up a little to all of these champions and I say that he will get played.........Or how would Jamie Mcwhorter put it.......give someone like James Walden the "7" and Corey can get a 10% refund.......

You obviously struggel reading these posts thoroughly. I never said you comparred Corey to Tiger. I was stating that I was not trying to. James Walden is probably close to even money playing Corey on a bar table, My opinion is Corey would win. I know you might need a calculator and a formula, but do this math. If I stake the match, I would be giving up 2 to 1 on my money. Then you want me to give up a 10 percent refund. On top of that, you want the 7 ball. Godd luck Einstien. Sounds like you need to put a ski mask on and go rob a 7-11. Sounds like I have about a 25% chance of getting the money in the long run, or less. I am done with this until someone comes up with a player and some money. For all you nits out there, there are alot of 7-11's out there. You get a player, get 10 dimes, and give me a call. Until then, shut the **** up and recognize your boy Jesse Bowman can NOT win. James Walden CAN not win, if he wijns a set, II GUARANTEE that another coin will be flipped. If David G. wins, I will simply shoot Jamie McWhorter and never gamble again. I got one for all you LIl Jon lovers that think he is the greatest for the money. He can get the 6 and last 4 for all the money on Southern Billiards playing Corey. Thats right John, the 6 and the last 4. AH, hell boy, u can get the 7 ball from Kirkwood or Bartram on the bar box. Thats what I thought AZ billiards, its 11 a.m. crawl under your beds and find a ski cap, go get some money!

dannyb78
05-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Well all we need is to get a hold of Rodney.. If anyone can get a hold of him... I have $5000.00 here.. I love Rodney Morris getting the 8..... If anyone else likes it we can get action.........

pooldawg1
05-13-2007, 08:37 AM
There is a Fast Eddies tournament in Austin, TX June 14-15th. I will be there with 10k or more to bet and I know at least 5 people that will match that and more if Corey gives David G the 7 ball. Here is your offer Show up and stop talking trash. Corey plays great but he doesn't play the 7 over David G or he would match up with any Phillipine. I already witnessed David G's thrashing of Corey and his cry baby antics as he stormed out the door. Yes, Corey plays much better now but so does David G. I will try to contact David G to see what he thinks about the game today.

metallicarokerx
05-13-2007, 08:47 AM
hey guys sorry to go off topic a little but where does corey live?? i hear its in naples florida and if thats the case then im only a half hour away from him and this thing should take place at action billiards... but can anyone confirm where corey lives more me? thanks

!Smorgass Bored
05-13-2007, 01:48 PM
hey guys sorry to go off topic a little but where does corey live?? i hear its in naples florida and if thats the case then im only a half hour away from him and this thing should take place at action billiards... but can anyone confirm where corey lives more me? thanks

Corey is the new house Pro at Hammer Heads Billiards in Holiday,FL. (up here by Tampa/Clearwater and I 'think' that he lives in Springhill,FL).
Doug
( if I'm wrong... I'm close )

Russ Chewning
05-13-2007, 02:32 PM
I got one for all you Lil Jon lovers that think he is the greatest for the money. He can get the 6 and last 4 for all the money on Southern Billiards playing Corey. Thats right John, the 6 and the last 4. AH, hell boy, u can get the 7 ball from Kirkwood or Bartram on the bar box.

Posted on Southern Billiards forum. We'll see if Lil Jon jumps at the game!

Russ

BigDaddyInc.
05-13-2007, 05:05 PM
This is very true the guy breaks the balls better than anyone and they change the rules. What they should have done is make everyone step up to his level thats how we improve folks we learn from others. Of course this knowledge is gonna cost ya and i can't blame cory for that he could bring everyone's game to a whole new level. I gotta admire a guy like that he took all that time to figure this out he should be rewarded.

Russ Chewning
05-13-2007, 05:13 PM
This is very true the guy breaks the balls better than anyone and they change the rules. What they should have done is make everyone step up to his level thats how we improve folks we learn from others. Of course this knowledge is gonna cost ya and i can't blame cory for that he could bring everyone's game to a whole new level. I gotta admire a guy like that he took all that time to figure this out he should be rewarded.

As opposed to a guy like Reyes, who took all the time to figure out how to kick three rails, hit a ball, pocket, or get safe?

The break is an inherently random part of the game. In a perfect world, the "pros" would be able to eliminate this portion of the game. However, each game out there has an element of luck or randomness. Unfortunately, in pool, luck is the overriding factor in winning a match, in the form of the break.

Russ

BigDaddyInc.
05-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Sh@* i could outkick that reyes guy! I'd love to challenge him to a game of kicks i kick like a dang mule baby!

JamieMcWhorter
05-13-2007, 06:06 PM
There is a Fast Eddies tournament in Austin, TX June 14-15th. I will be there with 10k or more to bet and I know at least 5 people that will match that and more if Corey gives David G the 7 ball. Here is your offer Show up and stop talking trash. Corey plays great but he doesn't play the 7 over David G or he would match up with any Phillipine. I already witnessed David G's thrashing of Corey and his cry baby antics as he stormed out the door. Yes, Corey plays much better now but so does David G. I will try to contact David G to see what he thinks about the game today.

DAVID G CAN DEFINITELY GET THE 7....NOW ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS FIND A PLACE TO PLAY THAT ALL PARTIES INVOLVED CAN MAKE IT TOO....NOW ON MY END THE MORE WE CAN BET THE BETTER AND THE HIGHER WE CAN BET THE MORE LIKELY IT IS THAT WE WILL TRAVEL FARTHER THAN NORMAL FOR THIS GAME............

Jerry OC
05-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Matlock in his prime was the "killer" bar table player in this country. Buddy was second. Keith in his prime (early 20's) was maybe the best ever on a small table, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Any one of these three in their prime, would have been more than a match for Corey.
Nobody played with the small ball back then, Matlock is subject to beat Corey even with the big ball.

JoeyA
05-13-2007, 09:06 PM

What did David G say?
JoeyA

Handsumm
05-14-2007, 01:20 AM
What did David G say?
JoeyA
Who is this David G everyone is referring too. Sorry for my ignorance.

derekdisco
05-14-2007, 01:22 AM
http://www.azbilliards.com/gallery/showpicture.cfm?eventnum=68&photographernum=1&picnum=3928

gpeezy
05-14-2007, 05:33 AM
qoute from liljon:I will play all three games on the 9fter here in Hattiesburg. The bet will be worth traveling for but I need a few weeks notce to practice because I am working 2 jobs and my game is pitiful right now. I not woofing just letting you know that I will play but everyone knows that I dont gamble with good players on the bar box so all three games could be played on the big table.......

JoeyA
05-14-2007, 06:16 AM
http://www.azbilliards.com/gallery/showpicture.cfm?eventnum=68&photographernum=1&picnum=3928

Oh, that David G. He can't play a lick. The only thing he can do is break fairly well. (That ought to get him the 6 ball.) :D
JoeyA

X Breaker
05-14-2007, 06:29 AM
I believe Shane Van B will give Corey a very good work out for the money.

Richard

Snapshot9
05-14-2007, 06:45 AM
Call Shooters Billiards in Olathe, Kansas and ask for David Matlock, someone will know how to contact him. I don't think he is afraid of anyone for big money, at least in the USA on a bar table.

JamieMcWhorter
05-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Whats The Story With This David G Game...whoever Wanted To Put Him In Lets Get This Straightened Around And Find A Place And Date And Bet Reasonable For All Parties Involved.............

Matlock Can Have The 8 Anytime...lets Get Together On This Whoever Wants To Put Him In...

Liitle Jon We Would Love To Gamble With You Practice Up.....

PROG8R
05-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Whats The Story With This David G Game...whoever Wanted To Put Him In Lets Get This Straightened Around And Find A Place And Date And Bet Reasonable For All Parties Involved.............

Matlock Can Have The 8 Anytime...lets Get Together On This Whoever Wants To Put Him In...

Liitle Jon We Would Love To Gamble With You Practice Up.....

The Matlock thread is on the site today. Can't remember who started it but it is easy to find. Dave apparently says he is on ans is ready to go so you guys can post up.

Here it is...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=62610

have fun and let us know if the whoofing stops and the playing starts...

Jamey Martin
05-14-2007, 11:10 AM
hey billychips, its obvious that you cant read either..... I said that if cory would give someone like james waldon the 7, then HE " cory " could get a 10% discount..... I am not trying to woof up a game for anyone, it was just my thought. if you think that cory is the best then go give up some weight and win all of the money... Thats all P.S. look s like dave matlock will take the 8.....

Handsumm
05-14-2007, 11:24 AM
I wanted to stress the fact that the OP stated that he HAD NOT EVEN TALKED TO COREY about the offer put out there. This is either some guy trying to woof up action without any real backing, or a troll.

I already have seen many guys say OK let's do it, and no word from Corey. When Corey speaks, we will all listen and take the weight, and get rich.

beav99_4life
05-14-2007, 12:10 PM
I can vouch for Jamie, he is in tight with Corey and Chris B. I worked in the same pool hall that all of them used to play in and still see Jamie and Chris on a half way regular basis. So if anyone is truly interested in getting a game together, i have no doubt Jamie can arrange it. I'm not really on either side, I'd just like to see a game going.

bignasty
05-14-2007, 02:37 PM
if matlock and corey play in kansas city, shane and james weldon might be able to go off there also! yes shane and james have been trying to mtch up for awhile! with some notice maybe we can get all the players in the same building playin for the funds! after the ten ball in florida maybe it can happen!
that would be worth traveling for and kansas city is centraly located!:cool:

JamieMcWhorter
05-14-2007, 02:47 PM
if matlock and corey play in kansas city, shane and james weldon might be able to go off there also! yes shane and james have been trying to mtch up for awhile! with some notice maybe we can get all the players in the same building playin for the funds! after the ten ball in florida maybe it can happen!
that would be worth traveling for and kansas city is centraly located!:cool:

this is a great idea here...........GET ALL THESE PEOPLE IN THE SAME PLACE AND POST WE WILL LET COREY PLAY THEM ALL...........100% PERCENT COREY WILL PLAY ANY OF THESE GAMES WE OFFER ME AND MY BOY BILLYCHIPS ARE PUTTING HIM IN...WHEN WE SAY PLAY HE WILL..... SO NEED TO WORRY BOUT COREY NOT PLAYING ANY OF THESE GAMES

WE WANT TO PLAY ALL THESE GAMES SO IT WOULD BE SWEET IF WE CAN GET THEM ALL IN THE SAME SPOT..................

Jamey Martin
05-14-2007, 03:04 PM
If you do this in K.C., I would say that you might be able to bet all that you can handle with dave getting the 8 from corey.... I would like to see this happen...

Scottster
05-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I know this is primarily about the bar table but a lil FYI. Shooter's in Olathe has 2 brand new Diamond Pro's.PLus Dan Tull loves the action in his place.

Dont forget Danny Harriman is living in KC now as well.

metallicarokerx
05-14-2007, 05:51 PM
if you guys did this down in sw florida there is a pool hall opening within 2 months and its going to have all diamond tables.. like 30 7fters and 20 9 fters ... i think this match would be a great way to have a grand opening for "diamond billiards"

derekdisco
05-15-2007, 12:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L85wpzf9F0

Wathc the shot at the 1:55 mark, LOLLOLOLL

cuetable
05-15-2007, 05:52 AM
In case you haven't seen, this is about Corey on a barbox, including a video I made:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=62583

gpeezy
05-15-2007, 06:38 AM
he probally could make a game with bobby somehow.i know of a little black table in job's he'd love to get some weight on.

Jamey Martin
05-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Hey Scottster, I have known Danny for a very long time. I realy don't think that he likes playing on the bar table. He would probably match up with Corey on the 9ft. -- How do you think they should play........

Ky Boy
05-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Although I would like to see a good match up, THIS THREAD HAS WAY TOO MANY IF's!

And to add one more-"If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass!"

JamieMcWhorter
05-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Bobby Pickle Can Get The 7 From Corey On The Bar Table Whoever Knows Him Relay The Message................

We Wil Play Any Game Offered.......we Obviously Want To Play In Columbus, Ohio.....we Would Like To See A Whole Slew Of People Show Up And Play The Games Offered..we Will Play Every Game That We Offered No Matter If We Lose Some Of The Others...our Money Is For Real And We Can Post With Whoever ............

We Want To Gamble...........and Corey Will Play All Games We Have Offered........

hemicudas
05-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Bobby Pickle Can Get The 7 From Corey On The Bar Table Whoever Knows Him Relay The Message................

We Wil Play Any Game Offered.......we Obviously Want To Play In Columbus, Ohio.....we Would Like To See A Whole Slew Of People Show Up And Play The Games Offered..we Will Play Every Game That We Offered No Matter If We Lose Some Of The Others...our Money Is For Real And We Can Post With Whoever ............

We Want To Gamble...........and Corey Will Play All Games We Have Offered........

Can Bobby get the break and Corey can keep the 7?

cheesemouse
05-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Cyber woofing, what a great concept!......ZZZZZZZZZ......:)

billychips
05-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Can Bobby get the break and Corey can keep the 7?

But you can!

Jamey Martin
05-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Hey Billychips....... Do you play any ???????????? you are such a matchmaker, I just wanted to know if you play any........

hippiepool
05-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Once again Gentleman, the question is not would "X" play Corey. The question is would someone put up $5k for "X" to play Corey. I am sure any of the above mentioned players would get in the box were they staked.

Not only that, but if the set does go off and "X" wins. He is now all over the net as the guy who snapped off Corey in The AZ Online DeathMatch.

That's real good for scaring the fish.

But hey, there will come a day when somebody nuts up and does it, that's the cool thing about the game.
I think there are three guys in your area that could match up with him ...

Handsumm
05-15-2007, 10:25 AM

So you've talked to him about this huh? I doubt it.

Scottster
05-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Hey Scottster, I have known Danny for a very long time. I realy don't think that he likes playing on the bar table.

Jamey you are correct, Danny wants no matchups on the barbox.

Good tight equipment only (prefferably diamonds, or "Hard Times style" GC's)

JCIN
05-15-2007, 12:11 PM
I think there are three guys in your area that could match up with him ...
They could I guess, but I doubt it would go off.

There is one American I would bet on playing even bar box pool with Corey. If he were to play Shane 10 ahead 8 ball sets with a neutral racker I would bet something. Anything other than that I think he has an edge.

They will be in same place for the next two weeks so maybe something will happen. I don't see any $5K-$10K sets in the future but maybe something will go off. It's not like they haven't played before.

Corey is a champion with a lot of time in the box playing for the dough. Anybody that fails to respect that will probably leave a little lighter in the wallet.

The other games I would pay admission to watch.

JamieMcWhorter
05-15-2007, 01:02 PM
So you've talked to him about this huh? I doubt it.

WE ARE STAKING COREY.... DO U THINK HE WOULDNT PLAY ANY GAME HE IS GETTING STAKE AT FOR 10 K...HIT THE PIPE ONE MORE TIME GENIUS...................I HAVE CALLED HIM AND LEFT A MESSAGE.........HE WILL 100 PERCENT PLAY ANY GAME I ASK HIM TOO.................

ME AND BILLYCHIPS WILL POST THE MONEY ON ANY GAME OFFERED SOMEHOW SOMEWAY WHATEVER IT TAKES...TO GET PEOPLE TO GAMBLE THIS IS NOT WOLF CONTEST.....BILLYCHIPS IS ONE OF THE BEST AND HIGHEST BETTORS IN POOL.....NOT MANY BET ON POOL EVER STAKED SOMEONE FOR 60 DIMES LIKE HE HAS

Handsumm
05-15-2007, 01:13 PM
OK, if this is true, we WILL find him a game. I am WAAAAY out here on the left coast, so maybe you guys would have better luck in FLA or Ohio.

I did like the Kansas City idea, or even Tulsa.

In fact, if anyone can reach James Walden, tell him to play Corey in Tulsa, and I'll be there. I might not have much money, but I may be able to come up with some for this.

*Oh by the way Jamie, or billy, ask Corey what happened up here in Seattle.*

billychips
05-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey Billychips....... Do you play any ???????????? you are such a matchmaker, I just wanted to know if you play any........

Sorry. I wish I could play. But I can't play dead. I do enjoy gambling, just can't play a lick. I have my own table, play a little bit, but just seem to get worse. If I could play at all, I would match up myself and not have to give 2 to 1 on the money.

Jamey Martin
05-15-2007, 02:39 PM
right on brother........good luck finding a game for corey..

Handsumm
05-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Sorry. I wish I could play. But I can't play dead. I do enjoy gambling, just can't play a lick. I have my own table, play a little bit, but just seem to get worse. If I could play at all, I would match up myself and not have to give 2 to 1 on the money.
Do you know what happened here in Seattle? I doubt Corey wants to talk about it much.

metallicarokerx
05-15-2007, 03:29 PM
troy frank might be an intresting match for corey.. just a thought id like to see that

Russ Chewning
05-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Do you know what happened here in Seattle? I doubt Corey wants to talk about it much.

From the story posted in www.onthebreaknews.com , it looked like Corey gave Harry Platis a big spot, Harry played well, and Corey dogged it big time.

Russ

Handsumm
05-15-2007, 03:55 PM
From the story posted in www.onthebreaknews.com , it looked like Corey gave Harry Platis a big spot, Harry played well, and Corey dogged it big time.

Russ
Thanks for enlightening them Russ.

Russ Chewning
05-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks for enlightening them Russ.

Ooops.. Was I not supposed to link to that? I don't want to be the guy killing action, but with Corey, it can only help him for everyone to know Harry beat him. And Harry? Heck, EVERYone wants to play Harry!:D :D :D

Russ

Ktown D
05-15-2007, 04:59 PM
troy frank might be an intresting match for corey.. just a thought id like to see that
That match would not happen for a number of reasons not the least of which is that they are good buds.

JamieMcWhorter
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Harry Platis Can Get 9-7 Playing One Pocket And Corey Will Use A Bridge On Every Shot.........relay That To Harry Since Ur In Seatlle..........

We Would Love To Make A Game With Harry He Is A Good Person To Gamble With And Bet High..........

Russ Chewning
05-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Harry Platis Can Get 9-7 Playing One Pocket And Corey Will Use A Bridge On Every Shot.........relay That To Harry Since Ur In Seatlle..........

We Would Love To Make A Game With Harry He Is A Good Person To Gamble With And Bet High..........

Jamie,

You are officially a nit. Harry used to get 9-6 from J.D. in Seattle, and J.D. CERTAINLY ain't Corey Deuel. And we already know Corey plays One Pocket as well with a bridge as he does playing normally.

Straight up, Harry ain't supposed to beat Corey getting 9-6, unless Corey dogs his @55 off. And now you want Harry to come off the spot another ball? When he wasn't supposed to win in the first place? Geesh.

Nit nit nittity nit.

Russ

JamieMcWhorter
05-16-2007, 06:43 AM
Jamie,

You are officially a nit. Harry used to get 9-6 from J.D. in Seattle, and J.D. CERTAINLY ain't Corey Deuel. And we already know Corey plays One Pocket as well with a bridge as he does playing normally.

Straight up, Harry ain't supposed to beat Corey getting 9-6, unless Corey dogs his @55 off. And now you want Harry to come off the spot another ball? When he wasn't supposed to win in the first place? Geesh.

Nit nit nittity nit.

Russ

YOU ARE A MORON...COREY DOES PLAY GOOD WITH A BRIDGE BUT NOT EVEN CLOSE TO SAME SPEED YOU GOOF...........HE BEATS FROST EVEN WITH TWO HANDS WITH A BRIDGE HE GOT 10 -6 I THINK IT WAS YOU DO THE MATH EINSTEIN..............

BEFORE YOU SPOUT OFF AT THE MOUTH PLEASE HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.........

DO YOU PLAY I'D LOVE TO ROB YOU.........MYSELF

CHOP
05-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Billychips

You Must Have A Lot Of Faith In Corey To Offer Someone You Do Not Know The Breaks On A Bar Table.

Love The Game
05-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Would love to see this to come off at Shooters in Olathe (Kansas City area), a room with a long history for action.

Matlock is in KC, Walden is a few hours away and the central location would bring in pool fans from across the country. You could charge admission and possibly charge for a Web cam broadcast.

The MidWest NineBall Tour is at Shooters on June 29th. This is always a great tournament with players like Jesse Bowman, James Baracks, and Buddy Hall usually in attendance. Maybe it would be possible to matchup before/after the event.

JamieMcWhorter
05-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Billychips

You Must Have A Lot Of Faith In Corey To Offer Someone You Do Not Know The Breaks On A Bar Table.

WHO ARE U CHOP U WANT THE BREAKS??????????? WHO DID BILLYCHIPS OFFER IT TOO DIDN'T SEE IT IN THREAD... IF HE OFFERED IT THEY DEFINITELY CAN GET IT THOUGH.......BILLYCHIPS IS A TRUE GAMBLER UNLIKE MOST PEOPLE.....WHATEVER HE OFFERS HE WILL DO:eek:

Handsumm
05-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Ooops.. Was I not supposed to link to that? I don't want to be the guy killing action, but with Corey, it can only help him for everyone to know Harry beat him. And Harry? Heck, EVERYone wants to play Harry!:D :D :D

Russ
No, that's OK. I just wanted these guys to know that.

Russ Chewning
05-16-2007, 02:54 PM
YOU ARE A MORON...COREY DOES PLAY GOOD WITH A BRIDGE BUT NOT EVEN CLOSE TO SAME SPEED YOU GOOF...........HE BEATS FROST EVEN WITH TWO HANDS WITH A BRIDGE HE GOT 10 -6 I THINK IT WAS YOU DO THE MATH EINSTEIN..............

Pardon me? And didn't Corey ROB him?

BEFORE YOU SPOUT OFF AT THE MOUTH PLEASE HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.........

I do know what I am talking about. Corey is supposed to rob Harry giving up only 9-6. I would go so far as to say Mike Z., J.D., Dan Louie, and Todd Marsh would agree.

Sure, when I get back from Iraq and practice up a little, I'll play yah some, if I get the right spot. After all, you've won a regional event, and done well at the DCC a few years.. I'm just a geek IT engineer with a whole lotta money. Yer a chaammmmp!

Russ

(Thinks you should be careful woofing at someone you never met, when your speed can be fairly accurately clocked from your results. You have no idea what I look like, so if I were so inclined, I could have easily accepted your challenge, then sent a road player to snap you off. You got a lot of gamble, but not many smarts..)

Handsumm
05-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Pardon me? And didn't Corey ROB him?

I do know what I am talking about. Corey is supposed to rob Harry giving up only 9-6. I would go so far as to say Mike Z., J.D., Dan Louie, and Todd Marsh would agree.

Sure, when I get back from Iraq and practice up a little, I'll play yah some, if I get the right spot. After all, you've won a regional event, and done well at the DCC a few years.. I'm just a geek IT engineer with a whole lotta money. Yer a chaammmmp!

Russ

(Thinks you should be careful woofing at someone you never met, when your speed can be fairly accurately clocked from your results. You have no idea what I look like, so if I were so inclined, I could have easily accepted your challenge, then sent a road player to snap you off. You got a lot of gamble, but not many smarts..)
True. I talked to Dan and Mike Z about it. I was surprised to say the least. I have a player out here who could give him 9-6, but we just ain't got that kind of money.

ibuycues
05-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Would love to see this to come off at Shooters in Olathe (Kansas City area), a room with a long history for action.

Matlock is in KC, Walden is a few hours away and the central location would bring in pool fans from across the country. You could charge admission and possibly charge for a Web cam broadcast.

The MidWest NineBall Tour is at Shooters on June 29th. This is always a great tournament with players like Jesse Bowman, James Baracks, and Buddy Hall usually in attendance. Maybe it would be possible to matchup before/after the event.

Count me in for some of the action, with my money on Matlock. Olathe Shooter`s is the room I go to regularly, and you will be able to put your money against some of mine, with me taking Dave Matlock....

Will

rack'em zach'em
05-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah I'll give Corey the 8 on a bar box......lol

PROG8R
05-16-2007, 04:38 PM

You seem to have had some very impressive showing in those events that you played in. You must have had some type of game!! What happened? If you got back in shape I bet you could be on here whoofing yourself.
I dont think I could ever reach your level of play, but if I did I dont think I would let a little bit of fluffyness get in my way. Get back to the track and then kick some of that Booty that you used to be able to do. I hate to see wasted talent and by the looks in the PICS and the placing you had that you really had it. I bet with a bit of work that you could be right in the middle / top of just about every tournament you entered. Spend some of that chest banging cash and get back man! We need a new top level face out there.
Good luck and I hope to see your name back in the money soon!!

pro-tyme
05-16-2007, 04:48 PM
i have not read all the post on this subject so please forgive me if it has been arranged already.I would love to host this game at pro-tyme classic billiards in orland park,i will supply the table time,food for the 2 players and rooms at my expense.I have 2 7ft diamonds 760 cloth,18 9ft gold crown 4s,full proshop,food and alcohol.contact at 708-403-0600 ask for ed if there is any more info needed

Love The Game
05-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Count me in for some of the action, with my money on Matlock. Olathe Shooter`s is the room I go to regularly, and you will be able to put your money against some of mine, with me taking Dave Matlock....

Will

Will,

I like Matlock as well. Would fly in to bet it.

huckster
05-16-2007, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=Russ Chewning]Pardon me? And didn't Corey ROB him?

When I read the article it sounded like Harry wanted 10 to 5 and Corey gave him 11 to 5 instead. I still like Corey's end, but 11 to 5 is tough to fade. Harry will not dog it for the cash and he banks real well. I thought I had him trapped at Derby City playing 9ball, but he wanted to play banks, and I countered with a game of one hole, but alas we never made it happen.

CHOP
05-17-2007, 05:31 AM
Jamie

As A Matter Of Fact I Would Love To Play With The Breaks On A Bar Table From Corey Or Anyone Else You Can Find For That Matter.

JamieMcWhorter
05-17-2007, 06:27 AM
Matlock Seems Like The Popular Choice Here From Everyone....so Someone Talk To Him And See When He Can Play And What He Wants To Do.....and Where.........

JoeyA
05-17-2007, 07:12 AM
i have not read all the post on this subject so please forgive me if it has been arranged already.I would love to host this game at pro-tyme classic billiards in orland park,i will supply the table time,food for the 2 players and rooms at my expense.I have 2 7ft diamonds 760 cloth,18 9ft gold crown 4s,full proshop,food and alcohol.contact at 708-403-0600 ask for ed if there is any more info needed

NICE offer, Ed. EIGHTEEN Gold Crown IV's. That's real nice. If you extend the room and board to sweaters, let me know and I will try to attend if it is on a Friday Saturday or Sunday. :)

BTW, who is your resident pro?
JoeyA

Snapshot9
05-17-2007, 08:12 AM
in the 2nd thread started about this, that Matlock has ALREADY agreed to play leaving only the what, where, and how much to be decided.

During the Shooter's Midwest 9 ball event on June 29th-July 1st in Olathe would be the perfect time and place, IMHO, and I would drive up to see this matchup.

2nd thread:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=62610

Jamey Martin
05-17-2007, 11:10 AM
like I had said in an earlier post, Do this in K.C. and Billychips and Jamie can probably bet everything the can BEG, BORROW AND STEAL...........I would love to see this go down instead of all the talk...

PROG8R
05-17-2007, 11:13 AM
like I had said in an earlier post, Do this in K.C. and Billychips and Jamie can probably bet everything the can BEG, BORROW AND STEAL...........I would love to see this go down instead of all the talk...

I dont know about JAMMIE, but I can tell you that BILLYCHIPS is a Stake, and he does put up. Jammie is probably just his bullhorn.

billychips
05-17-2007, 02:46 PM

Sounds like fun. What city are you in? We would like to arrange all the games for one week if possible. That should give everyone plenty of time to come and rob us. We need to get a date set. I will post back after Corey says when he can play. Ill just go ahead and make a side bet with anyone that will take it. Nobody will play Corey a 20 ahead set for 20k. First person to post up $500 gets the action.

ibuycues
05-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Will,

If you fly in, I`ve got you covered for some great KC barbecue!!!

Will

bignasty
05-17-2007, 09:38 PM
If you fly in, I`ve got you covered for some great KC barbecue!!!

Will
JAMES WELDON we would like a match with you on the box at the same locatiob as corey and dave so we can sweat all the great bar box pool! so if anybody knows james let him know to pm me! Thanks all!:cool:

Scottster
05-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Just an FYI, The midwest 9-ball tour will be at Shooters in Olathe June 28th - July 1st. During this event Shooters is open 24/7.

This event attracts a whole ton of players. This would be a great date to have these matches occur should they develope.

It's almost a guarantee that James Waldon and Dave Matlock will be there. I cant remember the last one they missed. Plus many other players as well.

Ken_4fun
05-18-2007, 04:15 AM
Will,

I will drive in from Indiana (formally from Springfield, Missouri) to bet as well.

I get Matlock.

Ken

JamieMcWhorter
05-18-2007, 06:48 AM
The Whole Thing Is The Bet......sure People Say They Will Bet On Matlock But For Us To Travel Kc Or Wherever And Not Play Close To Where We Are Located Someone Is Gonna Have To Get Up A Lot Of Do Re Mi........................we Wanna Bet Like 20k If We Have To Travel That Far Ourselves Otherwise It Aint Worth It.....20 Ahead For 20 K And We Will Go To Kc Or Olathe..and Give Matlock The 8.............

We Will Play For 10k If Someone Comes To Us In Ohio But For Us To Take Off Work And Travel Its Gonna Have To Be High Bet......................

There Is No Bs In Any Of This We Willl Post Tomorrow..if We Have To With Any Agreeable Person To Hold Money That We Both Know.............

mosconiac
05-18-2007, 08:00 AM
.....SO IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY BRAVE SOULS THat would like to play a set for at least 5 dimes or more please respond and let me know....AND IF WE HAVE TO WE CAN EVEN GIVE A LITTLE WEIGHT IF NECESSARY....ALL BAR TABLE LEGENDS WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS TO THIS CHALLENGE...WALDEN , MATLOCK, ALL OF THEM ...........
I guess this is all not my business, but since this is all taking place on a forum I frequent, I will step out & comment.

You came on here looking for a game for Corey "for at least 5 dimes". You did not restrict the location, you just wanted to stir up action. It would be safe toassume that this would take place at an upcoming event or a neutral location.

Matlock accepted a $10k wager at a reasonable location...the upcoming event in Olathe.

I assume Corey would already be at the event anyway, right?

Now that Matlock stepped up, "we Wanna Bet Like 20k If We Have To Travel That Far Ourselves Otherwise It Aint Worth It". You suddenly jack the bet from $5k to $20k just because you need to travel a few states?

I'm not trying to flame you, just wondering why this thread got to 14 pages of wolfing, but now that a game (or two) has been accepted, the bet gets jacked up. Sounds like the old high-roll move.

JamieMcWhorter
05-18-2007, 08:45 AM
This Is Not A Move We Might Travel For The 10 K...but The Whole Time I Have Offered Games I Have Wanted People To Come To Ohio To Play Them And I Have Even Offered Discounts For People That Would Come Play And Might Lose............

Here Is A Better Offer Now.......anyone On Anygame Unless I Have Already Offered A 10% Discount If They Lose Can Get A 5% Discount For Coming To Us And Playing In Ohio If They Lose...for Their Travel Expenses And So Forth.........

We Just Wanna Gamble And Sweat Some High Dollar Pool Between Great Players..........plus We Know Corey Deuel Is The Best Bar Table Player Ever And We Just Wanna See If Anyone Is Crazy Enough To Match Up With Him And It Seems Like There Is A Few That Will So Lets Get A Game Set Somehow Someway Pleaseeeeeeee...........

Blackjack
05-18-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm not trying to flame you, just wondering why this thread got to 14 pages of wolfing, but now that a game (or two) has been accepted, the bet gets jacked up. Sounds like the old high-roll move.

... its bad business, too. Its like going into a car dealership wanting something in your price range only to have the dealer try to sell you something more expensive to increase their commission. That's the oldest trick in the book, Jamie. Have them play for the original offer first, raise the bet later. For those stakes, I could get my ass to Kansas REAL CHEAP. Travel would be last thing on my mind.

PROG8R
05-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Jammie,
We all know how Corey prides himself on the golf course and I am just throwing this out there, would the 'anygame principle' apply to backing him in 18 holes?

pro-tyme
05-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Sounds like fun. What city are you in? We would like to arrange all the games for one week if possible. That should give everyone plenty of time to come and rob us. We need to get a date set. I will post back after Corey says when he can play. Ill just go ahead and make a side bet with anyone that will take it. Nobody will play Corey a 20 ahead set for 20k. First person to post up $500 gets the action.
orland park il

StevenPWaldon
05-18-2007, 06:23 PM
If you think Corey plays *ANYWHERE* near his normal speed when playing with a bridge, I'll bet 10 jelly beans the next time he matches up with someone if he agrees to play with a bridge. Hell, I don't even care what game it is; be it 9-ball, 10-ball, 8-ball, one-pocket, 14.1, 3-cushion, trick shots. Post up!

Jamie,

Nit nit nittity nit.

Russ

jhendryx
05-19-2007, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=JamieMcWhorter]Matlock Seems Like The Popular Choice Here From Everyone

huckster
05-21-2007, 05:00 AM
If you think Corey plays *ANYWHERE* near his normal speed when playing with a bridge, I'll bet 10 jelly beans the next time he matches up with someone if he agrees to play with a bridge. Hell, I don't even care what game it is; be it 9-ball, 10-ball, 8-ball, one-pocket, 14.1, 3-cushion, trick shots. Post up!

Have you ever seen Corey play with that special small bridge he has? I remember when the Freezer gave him a few balls, but Corey had to use the bridge, It was a stick-up.

GADawg
05-21-2007, 05:49 AM
I'm not interested in betting on this match but I have one question.

If Corey is "The Best Bar Table Player Ever", why is this restricted to American players only?

I'm not saying he is not the best ever, just wondered why you have this restriction if it is so?

JamieMcWhorter
05-21-2007, 06:17 AM
I Made The Restriction Because In Case We Would Stake Him Against A Fillipino And Lose I Would Puke....they Comeover Here And Win Everything...im Sick Of Sending Money Home With Them..............

They Are Likeable Guys But Im Just Sick Of Them Coming To Our Country And Taking Home The Money............

derekdisco
05-23-2007, 04:25 AM
I cant believe no ones put Bowman in the box, he is ROBBING corey getting the 8.

bigdaddygerald
05-23-2007, 06:14 AM
It Would Never Happen But I Would Love To See Him Play Kirkwood Some Ahead Sets Of 8 Ball.......tough One To Call There

billychips
05-23-2007, 06:47 AM
I cant believe no ones put Bowman in the box, he is ROBBING corey getting the 8.
Thats why nobody has heard a peep put of him. He cant get there! Maybe he is smart enough to realize it. If nothing else, this thread has establsihed the only people who talk and don't know and don't gamble, like yourself, think Bowman can win, even getting weight.

hemicudas
05-23-2007, 06:47 AM

What I can't believe is that none of these no gambling, nit, would be champions, have the heart to jump up and try to match up with anyone, not just Cory, for any ammount of cash that comes out of their own pocket.

Thirty years ago, Keith, Buddy, Sigel, Hubbart, Searcy, Stevens, Salazar, both Richie's and most of the other top bar table players in the country would have emptied out their own pockets to gamble with these, gotta have a stake horse to think about gambling, nits of today.

bigdaddygerald
05-23-2007, 07:01 AM
What I can't believe is that none of these no gambling, nit, would be champions, have the heart to jump up and try to match up with anyone, not just Cory, for any ammount of cash that comes out of their own pocket.

Thirty years ago, Keith, Buddy, Sigel, Hubbart, Searcy, Stevens, Salazar, both Richie's and most of the other top bar table players in the country would have emptied out their own pockets to gamble with these, gotta have a stake horse to think about gambling, nits of today.

I dont mean this the way its gonna sound.....or look but isnt cory getting staked in this thing?

hemicudas
05-23-2007, 07:09 AM
I dont mean this the way its gonna sound.....or look but isnt cory getting staked in this thing?

Part of my point, Gerald.

bigdaddygerald
05-23-2007, 07:17 AM
i kind of thought you were making an oldschool point.......i agree for the most part....still a few grinders out there

Snapshot9
05-23-2007, 07:37 AM
just kind of like a 'Good Hearted' offer to rob everyone?

If Corey is serious, then why doesn't he spot games on the wire, the 8 ball is no spot for A players and above???????

ironman
05-23-2007, 08:42 AM

That ain't the only thing which has changed in 30 years $Bill!!!

You stated it well though.

ironman
05-23-2007, 08:45 AM
just kind of like a 'Good Hearted' offer to rob everyone?

If Corey is serious, then why doesn't he spot games on the wire, the 8 ball is no spot for A players and above???????

On the bar box, any of them might be able to spot each other that any day of the week. The 8 on a bar box is nothing at all. Might show up in one of 20-25 games.

imissedthe9
05-24-2007, 06:10 PM
what about shane van boening?

he just beat dennis orcollo in vegas on the bar table playing 8 ball i bet hes up for the challenge against corey

Neil
05-24-2007, 06:57 PM

hemicudas
05-24-2007, 07:21 PM
I understand what you are saying here, but some of the so called champions don't have the $$ to play on their own.

You may be right, Neil but, as a rule, when they do have the cash it seems they would rather rent the Hubble telescope to search for a stake horse than put the cash in action.

The players of yester-year believed in the adage, 100% of a score was better than 50% of the same score.

Neil
05-24-2007, 07:29 PM

bignasty
05-27-2007, 11:54 AM
You may be right, Neil but, as a rule, when they do have the cash it seems they would rather rent the Hubble telescope to search for a stake horse than put the cash in action.

The players of yester-year believed in the adage, 100% of a score was better than 50% of the same score.
last year at the derby, lil jon was woofing at this guy and the guy walked over to a steak and worked out the details on the money end. lil jon looked at me, i asked him if he had his end in order? he said yep im goin all in ive wanted this game since i walked in this room! he then told me stand close becouse im gonna let um all know, the window is open and the line starts here! you can have what i cant cover! now thats a gambler! dinner,gas and the ticket home layin on the light! gotta respect that kid! by the way he took it down in rather short order also!

cuetechasaurus
05-28-2007, 05:43 AM

To put what cash in action? And this coming from a guy who didn't know what a tangent line is?

cueman
05-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Then spend some money getting your players in shape to beat them. Then fly to Phillipines and empty it out. I guarantee you that when it comes to gambling you can win far more in the Phillipines and Taiwan than they can in the USA.

All you have to do is go there and bet REAL BIG out of the gate. Don't bother with the shortstops or low bets - just tell them you want to bet a half-million and win and you can bring all the money back to the USA.
Could they get out of the country with the money if they won?

ironman
05-28-2007, 09:40 AM

It has changed. May not be back either.

wakuljr
05-28-2007, 02:06 PM
i would think Jeff Boucher in Montana would play him on a bar table. i would bet on Jeff in that match

smackmac
05-30-2007, 02:57 AM

Hey hemi how about this 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing or 100% of everything in your pocket....

hemicudas
05-30-2007, 04:25 AM
Hey hemi how about this 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing or 100% of everything in your pocket....

True enough, Smack, it takes heart to empty out. I consider you one of the very few players of today that have enough to do just that. In fact many, including myself, feel you should have won the Louie Roberts award at the DCC the last couple of years.

I have thought about this subject a lot in the last few weeks and now feel there is not that much difference in old school heart and that of today. You old schoolers don't shoot me until you read all of this. Then I think you will have to agree.

All through the 70s, if a player tapped out in a real gambling match with another player he always had it in the back of his mind that he was never really broke as long as there was at least one bar with in walking distance. If you tapped out to a player with any class whatsoever, he gave you a walking stick, 10%-15%, of your money back. This is the part you old schoolers will have to own up to. The player that just went broke could take his walking stick to virtually any bar and find a $5-$10 or $20 pool game and pump back up in no time.

Admit it all you old scuffs, it was easy as hell, even fun, pumping back up in those days. Sit down, watch a few games, pick out the worst player in the joint, if you had the time, start with him and work your way up to the top guy in the joint. By the time you got to the top guy you could just as easily have rail action.

Today you can find $5 action in the bars but you have to play a race to 10 to get the cash. There is no pumping back up in the bars today. The APA has shown all the idiots just how bad they really do play.

Bottom line is, there is a rational reason players of today want stake horses when gambling with other players.

Yes, I stand corrected on the subject but I am the one who figured out the reasoning behind it and am honest enough to correct myself. Let the, I TOLD YOU SOs, begin.

hippiepool
05-30-2007, 04:32 AM
I'll go along with everything except the a.p.a. comment.....one of the reasons for the overall improvement in level of play and understanding of pool is the amateur leagues ....and it is fun to watch players develop...
I for one dont mind if everybody knows how I play ...because I will gladly match up with someone that plays my speed or a little above my speed , even , anytime......

ShootingArts
05-30-2007, 05:23 AM
What happens when the drunk in the bar takes the walking stick? I know of a few times when the drunk finished off the road player and sent him on his way with only a couple bucks for gas.

The Drun . . . er Hu

I have thought about this subject a lot in the last few weeks and now feel there is not that much difference in old school heart and that of today. You old schoolers don't shoot me until you read all of this. Then I think you will have to agree.

All through the 70s, if a player tapped out in a real gambling match with another player he always had it in the back of his mind that he was never really broke as long as there was at least one bar with in walking distance. If you tapped out to a player with any class whatsoever, he gave you a walking stick, 10%-15%, of your money back. This is the part you old schoolers will have to own up to. The player that just went broke could take his walking stick to virtually any bar and find a $5-$10 or $20 pool game and pump back up in no time.

bigskyjake
05-30-2007, 07:27 AM
i would think Jeff Boucher in Montana would play him on a bar table. i would bet on Jeff in that match

Only 8 ball though

Neil
05-30-2007, 02:47 PM

IPT_Rules
05-30-2007, 03:45 PM
A really good match would be Shane VanBoening. I don't think corey could take him.

Todd

TannerPruess
05-30-2007, 04:02 PM
A really good match would be Shane VanBoening. I don't think corey could take him.

Todd
Absolutely! That would be a great match to sweat. I know who I would put my money on. ;) :cool:

Johnnyt
05-30-2007, 04:15 PM
I still agree with you Bill. Even 15 yrs. ago one could make $50-100 a nite in the bars, never playing for more than 5 or 10 a game. Now, at least around here, you have guys with $1000 cues in the bars that won't bet a dollar on a game. I blame it on the leagues. They may have gotten more people playing, but IMHO they killed the action.

The other problem today IMHO is that it seems like there are a LOT more action killers than there used to be. Seems like one can't go in a bar anymore without someone killing your action instead of shutting up and sidebetting on you.

That's because there are too many damn lawyers out there. Years ago someone killed your action they might get hurt. Now if you touch someone they sue you for your house. Damn puss**. Johnnyt

hippiepool
05-30-2007, 08:21 PM
I still agree with you Bill. Even 15 yrs. ago one could make $50-100 a nite in the bars, never playing for more than 5 or 10 a game. Now, at least around here, you have guys with $1000 cues in the bars that won't bet a dollar on a game. I blame it on the leagues. They may have gotten more people playing, but IMHO they killed the action.

The other problem today IMHO is that it seems like there are a LOT more action killers than there used to be. Seems like one can't go in a bar anymore without someone killing your action instead of shutting up and sidebetting on you.
are you confusing action with theft ??? I remember when I never heard of a spot ....and would see players get up for 20 a game or a ring game all the time ...in 1970 , thats like 50 a game now ( I think) ...
anyone with any heart ( 10 % at best ) will play someone their speed or near their speed , even , for the cash...

jay helfert
05-30-2007, 08:51 PM

Todd

Shane has kind of upset the applecart, so to speak. It seems like he raises his game one speed every two or three months.

ironman
05-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Shane has kind of upset the applecart, so to speak. It seems like he raises his game one speed every two or three months.

Good point. Plus, he is barely out of diapers.LOL>

poolcuemaster
05-30-2007, 09:20 PM

If he has any more high speeds left he ain't showed yet the USA will have the cure for the Pinoys, and they don't have to like it the way it is now. I'm pulling for a great future for a great SouthDakotaKid. I wish everyone on AZ could have seen him destroy Scott Frost on the bar table at Q Master during the last US Open, Frost raised holy heck about the racks SVB drilled time after time. Shane never argued just turned the hearing aids off and went to his a$$.--Leonard

bigdaddygerald
05-31-2007, 01:27 PM
here it is...........
hey jamie can kirkwoods 8 be wild on the breaks.......?????

corvette1340
05-31-2007, 01:42 PM

Todd

I guess you didnt know about 4 months ago in Atlanta when Corey gave Shane the 8 on a triple shim diamond and roasted him for 4K huh?

cueman
05-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Not sure who is best on a bar box, but one thing for sure a triple shimmed Diamond is not a bar box. Bar boxes have loose pockets and favor the good breaker and position player.

masonh
05-31-2007, 02:04 PM
i don't think anyone could consistently beat Cory.i saw some people saying Matlock could beat him.are you serious?he has no chance.Matlock can't beat Kirkwood,Walden,Vilmont,Shane,etc.

Blackjack
05-31-2007, 02:33 PM
I am just trying to stir up some action....Is there any brave soul from America out there that would like to play Corey Deuel on the bar table..............I think he is the best ever on the bar table and I wanna put him in action....I havent asked him about playing yet but I know he will.....SO IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY BRAVE SOULS THat would like to play a set for at least 5 dimes or more please respond and let me know....AND IF WE HAVE TO WE CAN EVEN GIVE A LITTLE WEIGHT IF NECESSARY....ALL BAR TABLE LEGENDS WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS TO THIS CHALLENGE...WALDEN , MATLOCK, ALL OF THEM ...........

Theres this guy named Chewning...Russ Chewning... they call him "short bus"... and he's like the Efren Reyes of Baghdad... I hear that he plays pretty strong ... they say he's the greatest... he's killing them at all the local tournaments over there... I think he might even be able to give Corey the wild 8, but he needs a few years to fine tune his draw stroke and stuff, and then... you got action! :)

Let us know. We are anxiously waiting for your reply.