PDA

View Full Version : Question for Daily Justis Case Users

raemondo
05-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Okay so this is just ridiculous.....everytime I see a Justis in the Case Gallery section, it makes me feel like I should be getting mine asap...or NOW.

However, I am really concerned as to how a Justis will hold up to the rigors of daily use???

I currently use an Instroke as my daily case and I'll be honest, it does has many scuffs from lugging it from place to place, being on flights with me, and from being taken in and out of the car, etc. I really want a Justis but at the same time I'm afraid that I'd depreciate it in a matter of months. Do you Justis users just take care of it as if it were a diamond ring? Take out an umbrella to shield it when it rains?? Cover it with a blankey when it snows?!

Also, I was thinking of getting either a fur one, a la Shannon Daulton or an embossed lizard one, which seems to be really popular. I was kinda hoping that this would give me more leeway for careful handling because perhaps these kinda materials would hold up more throughout time.

Whaddaya guys think?!

mosconiac
05-10-2007, 09:33 AM
I've had mine (check the pics in the sig, they were taken this winter) since 2001. Its been my "every day" case and has seen a lot of miles. Its held up to some pretty bad misuse (not by me, but by discourteous passers-by).

My wife has thrown stuff on top of it (right on the pockets!) and knocked it over countless times. Others have spilled beverages on it and leaned on it with their forearms.

It shows a little wear, but it is structurally perfect. Even the pockets (that have been smashed many, many times by the wife and people that throw an elbow on the case as it sits on a table top) are holding up.

Ktown D
05-10-2007, 09:36 AM
You will have no problems. I have had mine for a year and it still basically looks new.

MOJOE
05-10-2007, 09:54 AM
I carry mine almost every time I go out to play. 3 years later, it has the used look but that is what I bought it for.... To use.

I do not worry about it getting banged up a bit, it was made to carry. Mine still looks quite nice but I do not baby it either!

Scottster
05-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I own a Dennis Swift 3x6 custom case (very similar to a Justis case), which has been my daily use case since 1994 (five of those years I was out playing every day).

The only issue I have ever had to address was the replacement of the bottom pocket's zipper. It still looks very nice and I have never had a problem with the protection of the cues.

I am sure Jack's case will withstand the test of time just as well.