PDA

View Full Version : First Home buyer, looking at pool tables.

Bugz
05-11-2007, 06:30 AM
I'm buying my first house in a few weeks and i've made sure I have a 16' x 13' room for a 7ft table.

I'm getting married in October so I don't have a ton of money to spend on a Diamond pro or Olhausen.

My question is who makes a decent table under $1000?

P.S. the search engine isn't working, keeps coming up with Fatal error. So please don't blast me with the auto response "search for past threads"

CamposCues
05-11-2007, 07:03 AM
I'd just look in the paper for a used bar box. I see them all the time in the $400-$700 range.

TheBook
05-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Try to pick up a used 7 ft Valley . They are made well and you will have what most bars have. It will last you forever and you will enjoy it more than some cheap POS.

PROG8R
05-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Why dont you go to a few local halls and just ask the owners if they would sell one. You might just be suprised at the deals you can get.

steev
05-11-2007, 09:53 AM
last time a friend did this, we found a valley barbox (cheap!), and put new rubber/simonis cloth for around $300. table still plays great. just be a little patient and a table will fall in your lap :)

congrats on the house, i'm in the same boat (closing mid-june), except i've already lined up my 8' table for the garage.

-s

Mike in MN
05-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Try to pick up a used 7 ft Valley . They are made well and you will have what most bars have. It will last you forever and you will enjoy it more than some cheap POS.

I competely 100% agree. Valley tables are made to withstand a beating, and the quality is still pretty good.

SPINDOKTOR
05-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Id have to agree, a bar box will last forever compared to a el chepo home version, add some 860 cloth, and some new balls and you would have a really nice playing table.

SPINDOKTOR

Dartman
05-11-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm buying my first house in a few weeks and i've made sure I have a 16' x 13' room for a 7ft table.

If you're up to driving over to Moline call Brian or Dick at Quad City Bar & Stool. They have 3 Valley 7'ers in the warehouse in decent condition. They also carry C.L. Bailey tables if the Valley doesn't suit you.