PDA

View Full Version : Matlock will take the 8....

clint3612
05-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Jamie,

My friend and i have been talking and we decided that if Corey does indeed offer anybody the 8 on the bar table, we'll take it. 1.Please be serious if you respond to this offer. 2. Have corey personally state that he will indeed give Dave Matlock the 8 on a bar table for a 10 ahead session of 9 ball for at least 10K. Please PM me with details again i need to hear something from corey to beleive that this will all take place. This is a serious offer. One condition. I can't travel all the way to Ohio for the session. we will have to meet in the middle or something.

ironman
05-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Jamie,

My friend and i have been talking and we decided that if Corey does indeed offer anybody the 8 on the bar table, we'll take it. 1.Please be serious if you respond to this offer. 2. Have corey personally state that he will indeed give Dave Matlock the 8 on a bar table for a 10 ahead session of 9 ball for at least 10K. Please PM me with details again i need to hear something from corey to beleive that this will all take place. This is a serious offer. One condition. I can't travel all the way to Ohio for the session. we will have to meet in the middle or something.

Why not bring it to Dallas to Diamond Billiards?

Yes, there is a brand new Diamond bar table in there.

clint3612
05-14-2007, 07:49 AM
Are we down with the 8????

Johnnyt
05-14-2007, 08:02 AM
I believe Cory lives in Florida now. Johnnyt

rossaroni
05-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Jamie,

This is probably the most professional post I have seen about a match-up. I think we all are used to the, "bring all your money and bet something," post. Clint, I hope you get some action, but I highly doubt it. Good luck! :)

gpeezy
05-14-2007, 09:16 AM
This is probably the most professional post I have seen about a match-up. I think we all are used to the, "bring all your money and bet something," post. Clint, I hope you get some action, but I highly doubt it. Good luck! :)
the post previous to this had some woofing involved.

rossaroni
05-14-2007, 09:29 AM
the post previous to this had some woofing involved.

I read the previous post and, you are right, it had some woofing. I like how Clint started a new post and cleary stated that he would be interested in a game. He did not talk down about Corey or anything like that. Now, if one of you chumps wants to give me the 6 and the breaks and play on my own table, bet what you want!!! :p

Snapshot9
05-14-2007, 09:36 AM
I read the previous post and, you are right, it had some woofing. I like how Clint started a new post and cleary stated that he would be interested in a game. He did not talk down about Corey or anything like that. Now, if one of you chumps wants to give me the 6 and the breaks and play on my own table, bet what you want!!! :p

we can take it that you play a little, but just a little ..... LOL

Now, to make it a real match, guaranteed both players play all out,
make it 10k plus (I am sure David still has his Oklahoma backer connections where 10K is just dinner for them) plus an all-nighter with the loser's girlfriend. That way, each player, has something of HIS OWN invested
in the match, otherwise known as a 'pink panty' match.

Johnnyt
05-14-2007, 09:59 AM
we can take it that you play a little, but just a little ..... LOL

Now, to make it a real match, guaranteed both players play all out,
make it 10k plus (I am sure David still has his Oklahoma backer connections where 10K is just dinner for them) plus an all-nighter with the loser's girlfriend. That way, each player, has something of HIS OWN invested

Hmmmm. I use to drink a lot years ago. I wonder if that's how I lost that girlfriend I cared so much about.:o Johnnyt

ribdoner
05-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Hmmmm. I use to drink a lot years ago. I wonder if that's how I lost that girlfriend I cared so much about.:o Johnnyt

the other guy prolly had a monsta stroke:confused:

On topic:

If playing in DALLAS isn't viable Dave and Corey might consider MEMPHIS. A top shelf location can be available "free".

Handsumm
05-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I lost my ex-wife in a card game. It was pretty rough, I had to fold a Royal Flush.;)

Mike Templeton
05-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I lost my ex-wife in a card game. It was pretty rough, I had to fold a Royal Flush.;)
That reminds me of a country song from about 25 years ago, "The Winner"

Now my broken back was the dyin' act of handsome Harry Clay
That sticky Cincinnatti night I stole his wife away.
But that woman, she gets uglier and meaner every day.
But I got her, boy, and that's what makes me the winner.

I'd love to see Corey and Dave play.

Mike

JDB
05-14-2007, 03:11 PM
That reminds me of a country song from about 25 years ago, "The Winner"

Now my broken back was the dyin' act of handsome Harry Clay
That sticky Cincinnatti night I stole his wife away.
But that woman, she gets uglier and meaner every day.
But I got her, boy, and that's what makes me the winner.

I'd love to see Corey and Dave play.

Mike
A Bobby Bare fan?

Hidy Ho
05-14-2007, 03:23 PM
plus an all-nighter with the loser's girlfriend. That way, each player, has something of HIS OWN invested

Can I get some photos to see which player might have more "incentive"? :D

instroke75
05-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I believe Cory lives in Florida now. Johnnyt
as far as i know, corey signed on as "house pro" at Hammerhead billiards in Holiday, FL , 727-934-9494, great room with 12 = 9foot diamonds with simonis and super aramith balls and there are also about 10 diamond bar tables! so he should be easy to find!

smashmouth
05-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Is Matlock past his prime? Wasn't there a time when Buddy Hall supposedly refused him play on the bar box?

I'm just wondering why he would need the 8, or does he just want it, or is Corey just that damn good?

Handsumm
05-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Is Matlock past his prime? Wasn't there a time when Buddy Hall supposedly refused him play on the bar box?

I'm just wondering why he would need the 8, or does he just want it, or is Corey just that damn good?
Just because some guy (possible troll) started a woofing thread that said that even though he hadn't talked to Corey personally, he would put him up against any AMERICAN (he strictly said no pinoys) and started telling everyone that he would give certain guys weight.

I am trying to see if I can contact James Walden to see if he wants to take up this bet, because he is my favorite to play most anyone on a bar box.

Snapshot9
05-17-2007, 08:25 AM
where they said Matlock would accept Jamie McWhorter's offer.