PDA

View Full Version : Video - Walter Lindrum – How To Break 100

Scaramouche
05-14-2007, 03:43 AM
Walter Lindrum – How To Break 100
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bwKXxmBssPc

Endymion
05-14-2007, 05:13 AM
What in the hell is he doing? I don't play 3 cushion and I barely know how to play snooker and it looks like he's playing the bastard child of both.

CreeDo
05-14-2007, 05:34 AM
This is english billiards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_billiards

Check out the size of that behemoth table.
lol@the intro to that video "for Walter, running 100 is just like a miscue"

Bob Jewett
05-14-2007, 10:23 AM
What in the hell is he doing? I don't play 3 cushion and I barely know how to play snooker and it looks like he's playing the bastard child of both.
Actually, he's playing the father and mother of both. All tables used to have pockets, and the dominant game was with three balls. English billiards is one of the great cue sports and pool players could learn a thing or three if they tried it seriously. I was fortunate enough to have both a table and native players of English billiards around when I was first learning to play.

The problem with English billiards is that it has been too easy for the top players to master and the rules have had to change to keep matches from becoming trivial. The same thing happened with straight rail billiards.

The longest run ever made at any cue sport was at English billiards (about 245,000 consecutive shots). The largest number of consecutively pocketed balls (in competition) was at English billiards (721 on a 6x12 table). Both of these records were set about 100 years ago. Both of these records were set by techniques that have since been outlawed.

Walter Lindrum played with most of the restrictions in place, although they did add one just for him.

PoolBum
05-14-2007, 11:13 AM
He sure missed a lot of shots and scratched a lot. :D

I have a feeling Efren would be shooting all day and all night long playing that game.

raybo147
05-15-2007, 05:46 PM
let me tell you something, Walter Lindrum is the best player ever to hold a cue, any time, any cue sport. This is common knowledge to everyone who is aware of his achievements.