PDA

View Full Version : Man killed after fight at Magoos in Tulsa

Snapshot9
05-14-2007, 10:22 AM
http://www.kotv.com/news/topstory/?id=127225

Handsumm
05-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Sorry for the bad pun, but that's killer. I like going to that place. One of the best pool rooms in Oklahoma.

jay helfert
05-14-2007, 11:06 AM
I feel bad for Jim McDermott. He has a nice room, runs it well and is a great guy (and a good player too). It can happen anywhere uinfortunately.

SUPERSTAR
05-14-2007, 01:27 PM
I gotta move to TULSA.

22 murders so far? THAT'S IT?!?!?!

Man, here in Philly, were up to about 130ish or something close to that. I think the news said it's about 1 per day so far this year.

Still, it sucks that it happened outside a poolroom.
That's not helping the pool image.

bigpocket
05-14-2007, 07:22 PM
I gotta move to TULSA.

Man, here in Philly, were up to about 130ish or something close to that. I think the news said it's about 1 per day so far this year.

Looking at that avatar getting sleepy. Can I barrow one of those pillows.LOL:D

mnorwood
05-14-2007, 07:55 PM
This happens in houston fairly often. The slick willies and barneys on monroe and i45 are pretty dangerous.... Lots of gunplay. A guy got shot outside of clicks in houston a few years ago. The slicks off of i10 in galena park is a wild west type of place. Fights, knifes, guns, wouldn't play in that place at night for no amount of cheese.

I was once in pickle's in new orleans when the owner of the place's wife tried to gun him down for banging one of the waitresses.:eek: Got out of there PDQ.

PaulL
05-14-2007, 08:01 PM
This happens in houston fairly often. The slick willies and barneys on monroe and i45 are pretty dangerous.... Lots of gunplay. A guy got shot outside of clicks in houston a few years ago. The slicks off of i10 in galena park is a wild west type of place. Fights, knifes, guns, wouldn't play in that place at night for no amount of cheese.

I was once in pickle's in new orleans when the owner of the place's wife tried to gun him down for banging one of the waitresses.:eek: Got out of there PDQ.

Heh heh, that Slick's over in GP is where I spend most of my time. It's not so bad lately. New manager's got it pretty much cleaned up. He started up a weekly 1P tournament, too. A year ago, you wouldn't find me anywhere near that place, though...:D

VIProfessor
05-14-2007, 08:27 PM
I gotta move to TULSA.

Not so fast, Superstar. When I looked at the number I also did a double take, because I know that number is well below the Virgin Islands' as well. Something told me to take a look see, and what I found was interesting--although Tulsa has a lower murder rate and a lower per capita incidence of robbery than Philly, it has a significantly higher rate of forcible rape, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny theft and vehicle theft that Philly does. Both cities are well above the national average in most of these categories of crimes, but Philly actually has a lower incidence of burglary than the national average.

I gues the grass always looks greener on the other side.:)

Source: http://tulsa.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm?c1=Tulsa&s1=OK&c2=Philadelphia&s2=PA

mnorwood
05-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Heh heh, that Slick's over in GP is where I spend most of my time. It's not so bad lately. New manager's got it pretty much cleaned up. He started up a weekly 1P tournament, too. A year ago, you wouldn't find me anywhere near that place, though...:D
I went in there last January around noon on a week day. The front door was being replaced because someone knocked it out with a beer bottle. I talked to the bar keep and she was scared sh$tless about working the night shift. I hope the place is better I have a friend that plays the nine ball tournament every week and I don't want him to catch a stray bullet.:(

JoeyA
05-14-2007, 08:43 PM
I gotta move to TULSA.

I was thinking the same thing. New Orleans murder rate is about 96 per 100,000 people.

The murders aren't happening in the pool halls I frequent, unless you are referring to the lambs that are being led to slaughter.
JoeyA

mnorwood
05-14-2007, 08:47 PM
I was thinking the same thing. New Orleans murder rate is about 96 per 100,000 people.

The murders aren't happening in the pool halls I frequent, unless you are referring to the lambs that are being led to slaughter.
JoeyA
The owner survived the shooting at pickles. I have never heard of anyone getting shot at any of the places I used to go to in New Orleans. Ha Joey? How is the climate at buffoloes? What kind of vibe do you get there? I used to go to jamie's place all the time and never felt threatened by anyone or any situation.

JoeyA
05-15-2007, 09:39 AM
The owner survived the shooting at pickles. I have never heard of anyone getting shot at any of the places I used to go to in New Orleans. Ha Joey? How is the climate at buffoloes? What kind of vibe do you get there? I used to go to jamie's place all the time and never felt threatened by anyone or any situation.

Buffalo's has a great clientele. No major problems that I have ever heard about except for the occasional blood-letting of the lambs. Buffalo Billiards feeds his customers about three times a week, free of charge: Boiled Seafood, Steak, burgers, chicken, and even pork chops for the dogs and I'm talking about all you care to eat. (It's always delicious table fare).
I wonder how many other places in the country put the feed bag out for their customers simply to say thank you.

FTR, the "shooting" of the owner at Pickles did not occur.
The altercation was greatly exaggerated.
JoeyA