PDA

View Full Version : Cuemaker ID?

pawnmon
05-14-2007, 11:17 AM
There's a pretty nice looking cue on ebay (Ben Cooper Unknown Cue). Anybody heard of this guy and/or know anything about his cues? Bids are only up to $200.00. Thanks for any input on this.

cuenut
05-14-2007, 11:40 AM
I have a 4 point Ben Cooper cue. From what I understand, he worked for Hurricane Cues a few years ago. The cue is a real player, and has a Meucci style joint, but it hits a lot stiffer than a Meucci. I have only seen two other Cooper cues in the past three years or so. That is all I know, but the cue pictured is pretty nice. Resale might be really tough for a relatively unknown cuemaker.

cuenut
05-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Send me your email address and I will shoot you pics of my Cooper. I don't know the woods. Also, the finish on his cues is nice, but as you can see by my pics, he really could have buffed the final cut better.

benny-the-blade
05-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes, Ben Cooper worked alongside "Whitey" Spach at Hurricane Cues for a number of years. Mr. Spach is now retired and Mr. Cooper continues to build cues out of a small garage in Charleston, SC, from what I've read. The cue on Ebay looks nice and the price sure seems right for a custom 4 point cocobola cue and joint protectors!:)