PDA

View Full Version : 1st 8 Ball break on a 9'

TJfive0
05-15-2007, 09:20 AM
I got my first 8 ball break on a 9' table yesterday.

I hit from the head string and hit the head ball off center to the left. The 8 ball kicked to the right corner pocket on the rack side. It hit inside the pocket rails twice and didnt fall, but the 14 followed it up from the opposite side of the table and knocked it in!!!

Does anybody else remember there first 8 ball break on a 9' table?

wseyller
05-15-2007, 10:02 AM
I can't even remember my 8 ball break from last night.

tjlmbklr
05-15-2007, 10:58 AM
I got my first 8 ball break on a 9' table yesterday.

I hit from the head string and hit the head ball off center to the left. The 8 ball kicked to the right corner pocket on the rack side. It hit inside the pocket rails twice and didnt fall, but the 14 followed it up from the opposite side of the table and knocked it in!!!

Does anybody else remember there first 8 ball break on a 9' table?

Where I shoot league we play on Pro 8 footers Brunswick Gold Crown III's and they use a very fast clothe, and I have gotten several 8 ball breaks. But haven't tried on any 9 footers. I never feel that the 8 was meant to fall unless I was going for it and it went straight for the pocket. No luck involved, otherwise you just fluked it in. I break from the left (or right) side and use bottom left (or right) good follow through 75% power. Cb between the 2nd and 3rd diamond about 2-3" from the rail.

TJfive0
05-15-2007, 11:10 AM
I know mine was a fluke, but it was still cool since it was my first. Hopefully I can learn to control my break and actually benefit from it like I should!!