PDA

View Full Version : Pool Rooms in London?

PunkInDublin
05-15-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm going to be in London, England this weekend, staying right off Hyde Park. Anyone know anywhere nearby that'd be good to hit some balls? Thanks

14.1player
05-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Rileys Victoria, Semley Place

Dave Mackay
05-15-2007, 06:02 PM
I'll definitely go along with the recommendation of Rileys Victoria...........depending who's about you should be able to get some good action!!!!!!!

PunkInDublin
05-19-2007, 01:57 AM
thanks - I played there last night; nice room!

Hail Mary Shot
05-19-2007, 02:18 AM

any good players there?

poolmouse
07-13-2007, 07:13 PM
I'll be in London on business all of next week. Well, flying out Mon and flying back Fri so I guess Tue/Wed/Thu are good evenings to get out to play pool. Do you have an address for Rileys Victoria? I'll be staying at the Cavendish Hotel (http://www.thecavendish-london.co.uk/home) in the middle of London (my collegues call it the "Times Square" of London).

Poolmouse

poolmouse
07-14-2007, 07:03 AM
I'll be in London on business all of next week. Well, flying out Mon and flying back Fri so I guess Tue/Wed/Thu are good evenings to get out to play pool. Do you have an address for Rileys Victoria? I'll be staying at the Cavendish Hotel (http://www.thecavendish-london.co.uk/home) in the middle of London (my collegues call it the "Times Square" of London).

Poolmouse

bump, bump, bump

memikey
07-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Poolmouse......Rileys address/details:-

16 Semley Place
Victoria
London
SW1W 9QJ (post code)

Tel 0207 824 8261

It is relatively quite close to The Cavendish Hotel which is on Jermyn St.

- on foot it's about 20 mins walk, the concierge/hall porter will be able to direct you to Semley Place - or

- by underground go to Green Park tube station (very close to hotel) and take Victoria Line train southbound for one stop only and get off at Victoria - or

- by taxi it's 10 mins or so depending on traffic.

If you go to www.multimap.com and punch in the respective postal codes of The Cavendish (SW1 Y6JF) and Rileys (SW1W 9QJ) you will be able to print off a street map of the surrounding area.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

poolmouse
07-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks! I have a Magellan eXplorist XL (http://www.magellangps.com/products/product.asp?segID=355) I'm bringing along. I should be able to find it.

Don

VietSoClassic
07-14-2007, 04:25 PM
I was in switzerland and everytime my cousin ask somewhere there... they don't even know what it is till I found a place in a near by city.

poolmouse
07-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Poolmouse......Rileys address/details:-

16 Semley Place
Victoria
London
SW1W 9QJ (post code)

Tel 0207 824 8261

It is relatively quite close to The Cavendish Hotel which is on Jermyn St.

- on foot it's about 20 mins walk, the concierge/hall porter will be able to direct you to Semley Place - or

- by underground go to Green Park tube station (very close to hotel) and take Victoria Line train southbound for one stop only and get off at Victoria - or

- by taxi it's 10 mins or so depending on traffic.

If you go to www.multimap.com and punch in the respective postal codes of The Cavendish (SW1 Y6JF) and Rileys (SW1W 9QJ) you will be able to print off a street map of the surrounding area.

Hope this helps. Have fun!
Thanks for the map info. I just realized I have an iPhone with an incredible Maps application. I was able to plot the walk easily...maybe it uses the same Google Maps API? I have international service. I'll post photos and match up info. :)

Poolmouse (from iPhone)