PDA

View Full Version : BCA League Questions

RBLilly
05-16-2007, 01:44 PM
I have a question that maybe you all could help me out with.

I play in a Thursday night league that has 3 person teams on it. We normally put in $10 a week and play for 16 weeks. It is handicapped and we play by BCA rules. At the end of 16 weeks you have an option of taking $100 cash back or $185 gift certificate for merchandise. The top 3 teams get trophies and the top 3 individuals get trophies.

What I wondered is how difficult or easy it might be to turn this into a real BCA league, or start a BCA league at another pool hall. I was wondering what all I would have to do to get one started and what all the cost would be, etc.

I have been told by several people that the BCA requires so much per season that most pool halls down here don't want to start a BCA league. They have told me that most of the proceeds go to the BCA. I was just wondering if this was true.

Also I wanted to know if I am better off with 3 person teams or if it should be bumped up to 5 people teams.

Anyway, I would like all your suggestions and ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Maniac
05-16-2007, 02:11 PM
I have a question that maybe you all could help me out with.

I play in a Thursday night league that has 3 person teams on it. We normally put in $10 a week and play for 16 weeks. It is handicapped and we play by BCA rules. At the end of 16 weeks you have an option of taking $100 cash back or $185 gift certificate for merchandise. The top 3 teams get trophies and the top 3 individuals get trophies.

What I wondered is how difficult or easy it might be to turn this into a real BCA league, or start a BCA league at another pool hall. I was wondering what all I would have to do to get one started and what all the cost would be, etc.

I have been told by several people that the BCA requires so much per season that most pool halls down here don't want to start a BCA league. They have told me that most of the proceeds go to the BCA. I was just wondering if this was true.

Also I wanted to know if I am better off with 3 person teams or if it should be bumped up to 5 people teams.

Anyway, I would like all your suggestions and ideas.

Thanks in advance!

What kind of merchandise can you get for the $185 gift certificate? If it's anything you normally use in time, it sounds as though you can come out AHEAD for 16 weeks of pool shooting!!!

Is this an in-house league?

How many games a night do you play for your $10?

How many teams do you have in your league?

It sounds to me that you have a good thing going. I wouldn't mess with something that you are currently getting enjoyment out of, especially if a sponsored league is gonna demand a lot of your fees!!!

Maniac

RBLilly
05-16-2007, 10:29 PM
What kind of merchandise can you get for the $185 gift certificate? If it's anything you normally use in time, it sounds as though you can come out AHEAD for 16 weeks of pool shooting!!!

Is this an in-house league?

How many games a night do you play for your $10?

How many teams do you have in your league?

It sounds to me that you have a good thing going. I wouldn't mess with something that you are currently getting enjoyment out of, especially if a sponsored league is gonna demand a lot of your fees!!!

Maniac

It is an in-house league. We get 6 games per night 3 breaks and 3 racks. So you get to play each player twice in a night.

It is a fairly good leauge, and we normally have 10 teams for a total of 30 people.

The problem is that I can't play in a lot of the BCA events around texas without playing in a BCA sanctioned league for a certain number of weeks!

So I would like it to be sanctioned in order for us to be able to play in different BCA tournaments throughout the year, or we could even go play in Vegas if we wanted to as well.

Instead I can only play in the open events, and so far I only know of about two per year in this state.

So that is why I am asking questions about the BCA leagues.

I found out tonight the only money the BCA would get is its dues from each player per year. That is only $10 per person per year!

Anyway, I am just looking for more answers before I try and get it started.

TheBook
05-17-2007, 06:16 AM
I played on 3 different BCA teams over 2 sessions. All I ever got back was "we will send you a check". Still waiting. Never received a BCA membership card. Was told they are slow. No longer a BCA member and am wondering if I ever was. All I know is they took my money every week.

RBLilly
05-17-2007, 07:39 AM
I played on 3 different BCA teams over 2 sessions. All I ever got back was "we will send you a check". Still waiting. Never received a BCA membership card. Was told they are slow. No longer a BCA member and am wondering if I ever was. All I know is they took my money every week.

That would be your league directors fault.

I have heard a lot of stories like this one.

TheBook
05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
That would be your league directors fault.

I have heard a lot of stories like this one.

Thanks for the feed back. That is why I quit that league; figured something was not right.