PDA

View Full Version : Congrat to Kristi Carter for winning the BCA Grand Master

X Breaker
05-16-2007, 07:17 PM
I just want to congratulate Kristi Carter for her victory in the BCA Women Grand Master division.

She best Romana Djokovic in the finals to claim the victory.

Congratulation.

Richard

Photo courtesy of JR Calvert of Insidepoolmag.com

poolhall maven
05-16-2007, 07:23 PM
is there a link to see the brackets for this tournament?

Johnnyt
05-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Congats Kristi Carter. Well done. Johnnyt

UWPoolGod1
05-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Congrats Kristi. THink I saw her down there but didn;t know who she was. Nicely done.

cuechick
05-16-2007, 10:47 PM
To Romana's credit she lost her first match and came back to make it the finals, nice job by both!

ribdoner
05-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I just want to congratulate Kristi Carter for her victory in the BCA Women Grand Master division.

She best Romana Dokovic in the finals to claim the victory.

Congratulation.

Richard

Photo courtesy of JR Calvert of Insidepoolmag.com

Sweet, plays good 2

Kristi Carter
05-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Thank you so much! I owe a special thanks to Ramana Djokovic for convincing me to play in the first place. I, too, was very impressed with her determination to reach the finals after losing her opening match 7-0. She's a great talent!

I'm still surprised with the win and feel very fortunate. It reminded me of how much I truly love bar table 8-ball!

Thank you again for all of your encouragement!
Kristi

Da Poet
05-17-2007, 01:56 AM
A supercool win for a supercool person!

Maybe supersmokin' is more appropriate? I can't decide. :D

(I had the pleasant surprise of briefly meeting Kristi at the APA national singles tourney a few weeks ago and I have been in a trance ever since. :D)

Great win and congratulations!

Snapshot9
05-17-2007, 02:25 AM
on a terrific win, Kristi. Been years since I used to watch you and Holly shoot here in Wichita down at Shooters. Egads, you still as pretty as you always were .... LOL

X Breaker
05-17-2007, 04:05 AM
Romana was a pro on the WPBA not long ago, and she had at least one TV appearance that I am awared of. If memory serves me correctly, I think it was in San Diego a few years back. Was it Ga Young Kim that she beat en route to the TV round?

Anyway, my point is she was a great player, played to a level that could give any lady on the tour a tough battle.

To best Romana in the finals is not an easy feat, and I am sure Kristi played great to earn her victory. I wish she could find the time to play in some of the WPBA events, so we could have the pleasure to watch her play more often.

Once again, congratulation.:)

Richard

DrCue'sProtege
05-17-2007, 05:36 AM
Thank you so much! I owe a special thanks to Ramana Djokovic for convincing me to play in the first place. I, too, was very impressed with her determination to reach the finals after losing her opening match 7-0. She's a great talent!

I'm still surprised with the win and feel very fortunate. It reminded me of how much I truly love bar table 8-ball!

Thank you again for all of your encouragement!
Kristi

you are just sooooo my dream girl...............:)

DCP
from Peoria 2004

PROG8R
05-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Am I Losing My Mind Or Are The Women Who Play Pool Getting Better And Better Looking? Damn Girl!!

First Tennis, Now Pool... Hopefully Golf Isnt Far Off, Then What??

Craig Fales
05-17-2007, 06:16 AM
Am I Losing My Mind Or Are The Women Who Play Pool Getting Better And Better Looking? Damn Girl!!

First Tennis, Now Pool... Hopefully Golf Isnt Far Off, Then What??
bowling...LOLz :eek:

corvette1340
05-17-2007, 06:16 AM
I'd hit it.

Dead Money
05-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Nice win! Is there a website with all the results posted on it somewhere?

Bishop
05-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Is this the same chic that had that epic interweb meltdown a few months back or is that a different Kristi or different Carter or wrong person all together?

ribdoner
05-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Is this the same chic that had that epic interweb meltdown a few months back or is that a different Kristi or different Carter or wrong person all together?

Yep, gave her perception of a relashonship which resulted in a informative,entertaining thread.

IIRC, it got spicey to the point that it was "locked."

sniper
05-17-2007, 11:42 AM

I was just thinking the same thing, I think it could be a great marketing tool for the womens tour...let's face it sex sells. Hopefully the trend will continue!

PROG8R
05-17-2007, 12:08 PM
I was just thinking the same thing, I think it could be a great marketing tool for the womens tour...let's face it sex sells. Hopefully the trend will continue!

AND WHO ISN'T IN THE MARKET FOR IT? :o

Bishop
05-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Actually I was thinking of the chic that melted down over the Varney thing. Same girl?

ceebee
05-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Congrats to you Kristi, new blood is always welcome in competition sports. Dead Stroke & Drop Dead looks is a great combo...

Varney Cues
05-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Actually I was thinking of the chic that melted down over the Varney thing. Same girl?
yes indeed sir.

X Breaker
05-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Here is another one of Kristi Carter in the tournament, courtesy of JR Calvert of Insidepoolmag.com.
I really like this picture.

Kristi Carter
05-17-2007, 06:16 PM

Bishop:
I want to thank you personally for commenting each time my name is mentioned. The energy you afford me is flattering.

Kind Regards,
Kristi

X Breaker
05-17-2007, 07:40 PM
This is a picture I found of Romana during the finals with Kristi in the BCA grand master, courtesy of JR Calvert of insidepoolmag.com

ColoradoKathy
05-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Kristi-

You are a rock Star in my book!! Congratulations for winning the Grand Masters....continued good luck and well wishes in all that you do...

Kathy

rackmsuckr
05-19-2007, 01:15 AM
Kristi,

You shot awesome! I sweated your match against Julia Gabriel and it was touch and go for awhile. Congrats for your win. You certainly deserved it.

Linda

girlwon1
05-19-2007, 02:15 AM
Congratulations Kristi!

I am not sure if most remember, but to remind all others, Kristi also won the BCA Masters title some years back.

Kristi plays such a smart, straightforward game. I wish I could have been in the stands to watch this one. I would have loved to learn a couple things from a player I truly respect.

I am glad to see that you entered this tournament. It means I might see you around the way playing again here or there. I thought for awhile, I would only see you in the stands only.

Love ya,

Tina

Bishop
05-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Bishop:
I want to thank you personally for commenting each time my name is mentioned. The energy you afford me is flattering.

Kind Regards,
Kristi
I realize you don't take well to flattery so I guess I would say I'm surprised that you didn't totally lose it and melt down again. I truely expected a rash of pointless rants and finger wagging, while drawing biased sympathy from your small following. I mean you totally lost it publically last time, a true professional of which I'm sure your sponsors feverishly took notes and quotes ensuring that your antics will be included in every marketing packet you may ever have. Assuming you have sponsors, I don't really know since I've never really heard of you before.

I'm sure there was no better way to jockey for attention than to have the epic explosion publically you so well thought out and executed.

You're a real winner Kristi a true champion your professionalism nearly rivals the likes of Terrell Owens, Dennis Rodman and the great Earl Strickland.......just so long as no one pays you a compliment. Then your true colors come out and we see who you really are. Best wishes errr never mind talk to you later.

Bishop
05-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Just a quick bump for real pros pro.

Bishop
05-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey Koop, giving me neg feedback and calling me bad names won't help, I'll drop it when I feel like it. This has nothing to do with Varney and everything to do with an obnoxious so called Pro.

She's the professional right? Soooooo she acts like a little child and has one of the most immature public temper tantrums ever, then expects people/us to respect her? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you better believe I'm going to comment on it. Go ahead and neg that up if you're bored. But don't expect me to neg you back because I don't give negative rep for just any ole reason.

If she had any integrity at all she would have apologized for airing her dirty laundry publically and she would have put forth an effort to win any potential fan over rather than rant and blame. She simply doesn't care about her image. No wonder billiards struggles to find good faces and personalities in the game.