PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Kid D Match. At least a 5 pack

CaptiveBred
05-16-2007, 10:12 PM
I just rewatched this today. Danny B is on fire and runs several racks on Corey D. The announcer said CD has not been to the table in 9 racks which would indicate an 8 pack, at the least. Not so sure it was eight... Certainly 5... maybe 7... Either way, its a very rare and impressive string of break and runs not to mention the other outs...

Well worth the watch even if you already saw it. Its the Glass City Open 1994 i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHBUODnjBOY

arsenius
05-16-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't think it was actually a 5 pack. Corey got to the table a couple of times, but didn't get a reasonable shot. Kid D just won 5 games in a row.

CaptiveBred
05-16-2007, 11:27 PM
He won alot more than 5 in a row. He won 9 straight. It looks like a 7 pack to me. I'd have to watch it agian to be sure but it was at least 5.

Go watch it again. Corey sits for a very long time :)

ginsu
05-16-2007, 11:34 PM
I just rewatched this today. Danny B is on fire and runs several racks on Corey D. The announcer said CD has not been to the table in 9 racks which would indicate an 8 pack, at the least. Not so sure it was eight... Certainly 5... maybe 7... Either way, its a very rare and impressive string of break and runs not to mention the other outs...

Well worth the watch even if you already saw it. Its the Glass City Open 1994 i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHBUODnjBOY

Don't think they could even drive in 94. Maybe 2004.

arsenius
05-16-2007, 11:43 PM
I hadn't finished watching it. I thought he was talking about what the commentator said "It's been 5 in a row" or something like that.

CaptiveBred
05-17-2007, 12:37 AM
yeah, 2004 sounds a little better :)

I should also mention there were no 9 ball breaks or 9 ball combos/caroms. This run was the real thing :)

JAM
05-17-2007, 03:34 AM
I was there and saw the match. Corey remained in his chair as Danny ran the table, and poor Corey couldn't do a thing about it. Danny played well.

At one point, Corey smiled at some players in the audience, knowing his doom was near. There's not much you can do, though, when the other guy is running out near perfect.

There was a neutral racker for this match, too, which means a lot to me. I just have this personal distaste for 9-ball with players racking the balls, but that is the topic for another thread.

Earlier in the event, Danny was playing slow as a turtle which drew some complaints. However, in the semi-finals, there was a shot clock in place, and Danny did play fast.

The finals was Danny versus Hillbilly, with Hillbilly coming out on top. I think -- and I may be wrong, so subject to check -- this was Hillbilly's first "major" win.

JAM

Icon of Sin
05-17-2007, 04:25 AM
JAM is right. I just watched the match. Corey sat as Danny broke and ran 5 consecutive racks which put him on the hill. Before those 5 break and runs Corey only got to the table about a handful times (1 for a ball in hand run out, and some kick shots that he missed)